Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? (37985 Views)

FG Upgrades Four Colleges Of Education To Varsities / Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria / List Of Universities, Polytechnics And Colleges Of Education In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by tolaxin(m): 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
FrancisTony: 1) University of Ibadan.

2) Obafemi awolowo university.

3) University of Ilorin.

4) Ahmadu bello university Zaria.

5) University of lagos.

6) Lagos state University.

7) University of Nigeria Nsukka.

cool Delta state university Abraka.

9) Niger delta university.

10) Ambrose Alli University ekpoma.

Do you think I am right or wrong? Prove me wrong?
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by tolaxin(m): 6:39pm On Jul 07, 2014

3) University of Ilorin.

5) University of lagos.

guy plsss I gats to talk to you oo! Pls my numbers are; 08178219216(whatsapp).. 2go; tolaxin. Plsss
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by Emperoradrian(m): 7:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
I fly transforma...#pishures or idontbilivit# ...if Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka is nt on d list,den u'll hav to create anoda list...a better 1....tnk u.
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by arokombah(m): 7:22pm On Jul 07, 2014

3) University of Ilorin.

5) University of lagos.

Ur rating was faulty as u have no link to ur post.
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by Simitrendy: 7:42pm On Jul 07, 2014

3) University of Ilorin.

5) University of lagos.

Wrong!! Where is University of Benin...This school produce best medical student...

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
where is LAUTECH
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 07, 2014
@op
have you ever had an encounter with a medical graduate of Bayero University, kano? Pls look for a few and am sure your list will change after such an encounter.
remember BEST MEDICAL SCHOOL in nigeria by NUC rating in 2005?
post-graduate students may tell you about KANO CANDIDATES.
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by HARDUBUY(m): 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
chimoz:
Sharrap!! Esut college of medicine is a medical school of repute. Most of the medical schools you mentioned there are living on past glory, eSucom is living on present glory.
UNN that keeps on churning out more of biased gawks even made the list
ESUT is not in the league of gaint institutions in 9ja, take it or leave it. learn not to insult next time.
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 07, 2014
HARDUBUY:
ESUT is not in the league of gaint institutions in 9ja, take it or leave it. learn not to insult next time.

Am leaving it.
For the records, I didn't mean to insult anyone sir. shocked
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by Yungmilio2(m): 9:18pm On Jul 07, 2014

3) University of Ilorin.

5) University of lagos.

Delsu and NDU shouldn't be there...
repping UNILORIN
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by Jclement(m): 9:19pm On Jul 07, 2014
Doclight: for me

ui
unilag
unilorin
oau
uniben
unn
unizik
uniport
unical
lasu.
aau

i wonder what delsu is doing there, and left does good federal unis.

Smh
hve u visited their teaching hospital once or wt prove do u hve u just sitting in ur rum ranting wat iz delsu doing on dat list..smh

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by supereagle(m): 9:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
OSUTH is left out.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 07, 2014
Pls, can u expatiate on that 'student welfarism'??
stabledoc: You are very WRONG! You need to specify the aspect of consideration. While unilorin may have a stable calender and load medical students with numerous 'theory stuff'; student welfarism is zero. Pretty sure same goes for other med school... with handful of downsides. You need to have a yardstick before naming your "Best 10"
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by kennynelcon(m): 10:00pm On Jul 07, 2014

3) University of Ilorin.

5) University of lagos.

No University of Nigeria??
Epic failure
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by seribroo56(m): 10:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
hopelink1: where is LAUTECH
OYO STATE ,OGBOMOSO
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 07, 2014
kennynelcon: No University of Nigeria??
Epic failure

You mean there's no University of Nigeria? LOL! grin

Incase you don't know, we have University of Nigeria Nsukka in Enugu state.
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by jaypee100: 10:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
can somebody tell me the criteria this dude used?
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by jaypee100: 10:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
Joshuadon:

THIS IS WAT I WAS ACTUALLY WATCHING OUT TO SEE? DIS ONLY THE MOST SENSIBLE COMMENT I HAVE SEEN HERE .......EVEN THOUGH SOME FOLKS JUST TYPE ARRANT NONSENSE,UNDIPLOMATIC ...I TINK DEY ARE VERY MUCH JUVENILLE ...... ABEG GOOD COMMENT JOOR....
kindly u need be easy on most responses . only few are awere of what makes a med sch
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by tesol16(m): 11:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
UI, UNILAG, OAU, and others(7 of them).......

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by Elythron16zero4: 11:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
convenant ,Bells,landmark, crawcrawford , and all non- medicine offering COLLEGE OF MEDICINE should be there too IN THE NMA TOP TEN COLLEGE OF MEDICINE WRESTLE MANIA. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:43am On Jul 08, 2014
This is a blatant lie, Olabisi onabanjo in ogun Is the best medical school in Nigeria, that is where record breakers in this country and the diaspora were produced, I stand to be corrected

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:54am On Jul 08, 2014
Make of it what you will :when I was a student at OAU, the following surgical procedures were performed successfully: kidney transplant and separation of siamese twins joined at the hip. OAU also pioneered research on chemotherapeutic effect of Fagara Xanthozyloides on sickle cell anaemia. I am of the opinion that universities shouldn't just be a degree awarding institutions but problem solving one. Though I didn't major in medicine, I was blown away by that achievement at that time, given the poor state of facilities and underfunding of OAUTH.
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by ameer2: 6:19am On Jul 08, 2014
google "who is sarki abba"
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by Teespice(f): 6:42am On Jul 08, 2014
lomaxx: You're not wrong. Attending a top medical school in Nigeria makes you a better doctor, your diagnosis will always be top-notch, ensures you automatically have the answers to all health problems. It also means you'll never have to fail professional examinations as a student and finally you're better off than folks in Harvard Med.

Sarcasm at its peak.

*falls from iroko tree*

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by Teespice(f): 6:44am On Jul 08, 2014
mumu9gerian: @op are u a student of UI,if you are,there are better ways of making use of your studentship rather than been unnecessarily immature about it.Been seeing some of ur posts actually

I thought I was the only one who noticed.
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by KingTom(m): 6:50am On Jul 08, 2014

3) University of Ilorin.

5) University of lagos.

All these Abraka and Ekpoma you are mentioning are not there! University of Calabar has one of the best, this is why it attracts students from far and wide to come there. Abraka is full of Deltans, how then can you say it is in the top 10 I am a product of UNICAL college of medical sciences, and I've been to all those quack places you mentioned. grin
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by KingTom(m): 6:56am On Jul 08, 2014
The ability of a Doctor to perform successful surgeries and diagnose correctly depends on his own readable knowledge. Do all of you here think we were spoonfed in school Best this best that! The one who schooled in a hut in Ogun is better than most "Best" Quacks you are calling smiley

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by RikoduoSennin(m): 7:07am On Jul 08, 2014

3) University of Ilorin.

5) University of lagos.

. Source: Personal feelings should he included in this post. NDU med students write their year 3 med professional exams (MBBS) in Uniport (why?) yet no Uniport, How many AAU and DSU are key members of the current medical board in our Association. The over all standard of a university is not directly related to its Medical Facilities. If you want to rate rationally, First take a look a each school's Medical Teaching Facilities/hospitals and the quality of doctor's produced yearly.
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by KingTom(m): 7:09am On Jul 08, 2014
RikoduoSennin: . Source: Personal feelings should he included in this post. NDU med students write their year 3 med professional exams (MBBS) in Uniport (why?) yet no Uniport, How many AAU and DSU are key members of the current medical board in our Association. The over all standard of a university is not directly related to its Medical Facilities. If you want to rate rationally, First take a look a each school's Medical Teaching Facilities/hospitals and the quality of doctor's produced yearly.
Thank you, you have said it all grin
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by DrGabbi(m): 7:12am On Jul 08, 2014
Op, nice attempt! Expectedly, there will be differences in opinion on a topic like this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Five Reasons Not To Apply To A UK University / Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? / Total Scholarship Application 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.