Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,345 members, 7,954,401 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:12 PM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (232719 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 6:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
EasternLeopard:

I disagree with you

Nigerians are good is different from Nigeria is bad

Some soldiers are willing to defend the Nation but military authority is not living up to expectation.
U don answer the guy...thank you.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 6:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
SiriusBlack: He was redeployed...Now spokesman of Trainning and Doctrine Command..Niger State.
datz good to hear.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by femikay149(m): 6:55pm On Jul 22, 2014
SiriusBlack: M sure it was an HMG round.

HMG round pls pardon my ignorance what is that?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 7:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
femikay149:

HMG round pls pardon my ignorance what is that?
Heavy Machine Gun.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 7:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
RIP: Flight Lieutenant Onyeka Nwakile..pilot of crashed Mi-35 Gunship.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by femikay149(m): 7:10pm On Jul 22, 2014
tit:

. [b]The information here has sometimes been vaguely critical of your organisation: The Nigerian Armed Forces. At other times it has been clearly undermining. [/b]You have sought to paint individual soldiers in good light but have been restrained in painting the corporate body so.
That is not good external communications.
I enjoy the thread. I shall continue to gawk at the fascinating loss of treasure and blood.

Which information has been vaguely critical?

Which info has been undermining ?

U r juz speaking grammar

Pictures of soldiers in combat, armour, tanks etc showing that the military is actually and capable ...pls how is thar undermining

Also stating what is needed to be effective and him even acknowledging that the NA is trying to meet these needs

I juz dont get ur point

U enjoy the thread bt at the same time critical of his work

Are you not talking with two mouths

U .and quid i consider u two as boko haram sympathisers trying to derail this thread

Bt it wont work

Am saving all the pix if this site is hacked again i ll glady release the back up

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 22, 2014
egbaguy: datz good to hear.
what's good abt that. I don't even know the New guys name. Sagir was always giving info to d media
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
odeebee:

u r a bastard and an alimajiri who has been lured. u n shekau r bastards
Hahahahahahahahahhh
Calling me all sorts of names does not change the matter in this thread.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2014
Ibnsultan: what's good abt that. I don't even know the New guys name. Sagir was always giving info to d media
i had fear dat he was killed
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
odeebee:

D fools r against western education but speak gud english. u write and go abroad why dont u stay in ur locals . dirty stinky idiots
Yes, Boko Haram and their supporters are against Western Education, but they want to be president in a country founded upon Western Ideas. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Diaris God uooo
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
odeebee: @Quid am waiting for u to reply me or start tracing me am waiting for u and am ready for u
So u have been missing me.
Nice to know . . .
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by afube: 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
Kudos to our courageous uniformed men and women,who day and night put life and limb in danger to hold back the flood of evil called boko haram....may the Good Lord continue to protect them,Amen!

But how do we help our overwhelmed Commander in chief....GEJ to lift the overall war effort to a greater level of effectiveness,we have heard of numerous security council meetings with service chiefs but apart from FG' s commitment to fund the equipping of the army and sister services,nothing new has come out of these meetings, brethren how can we help our nation win this war?

In my opinion the current service chiefs are doing their best but I feel the president must as a matter of urgency set up a kitchen war cabinet....that body will act as a think tank to audit,peruse and counsel the president on reports and briefs on the war effort sent to him by his service chiefs and security agencies.....I need the house to nominate names that will strengthen the presidet's arms in this trying times!

For advice on war strategy,I nominate general alabi-isama....(.former chief of staff 3rd marine commando NIG. Army during the civil war),general Alani akinrinade (another Nig.army civil war commander),general Alex madiebo(ex commander biafran army ).

For advice on military tactics I nominate all former commanders of ecomog forces still alive, general olurin.....general Timothy shelpidi,....general Joshua dongonyaro,......I will also nominate colonel nwawo ( the ex biafran officer that recaptured umuahia and aba from federal forces)

For war propaganda...I nominate mr tony iredia(former Nta dg)....senator Uche Chukwu merije ...and mr paddy Davis ( all worked for Biafra info directorate......

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by odeebee: 9:09pm On Jul 22, 2014
quid:
So u have been missing me.
Nice to know . . .

I want to dig d man in u out. uv been facing others finking their silence is coward. u r using their r u hyding d fact dat u r not in support of d BH? I pray u r not in d military i bet u dey will fish and screw d ram out of u

Bastard. am waitin for u
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 22, 2014
egbaguy: i had fear dat he was killed
ok I remember bokoharam wanted his head I guess it was part of the reason the army moved him
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
Crash military chopper@Bama#NAF coutesySR. 21 Gun salute "El salvo 2 all fallen patriots serving in NE Nigeria. You are all my hero's

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 10:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
Ibnsultan: Crash military chopper@Bama#NAF coutesySR. 21 Gun salute "El salvo 2 all fallen patriots serving in NE Nigeria. You are all my hero's
. May there gentle soul of those gallant men rest in peace !
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ObiOkpor(m): 10:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
@sirius,info abt d crashed jet.is it true the jet was gunned down by NA?The pilot refused to obey orders not to go into bh camp to creat awareness to the enemies that NA were attacking bh camp?So it was gunned down.how true please and clear our doubts.
*source-brother in the NE,Borno*
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 10:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
Oga sirius ; got dis sad news from linda keji blog ? Dat one of the survivors in d mil28 gunship was decapitated
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by olapluto(m): 10:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
ObiOkpor: @sirius,info abt d crashed jet.is it true the jet was gunned down by NA?The pilot refused to obey orders not to go into bh camp to creat awareness to the enemies that NA were attacking bh camp?So it was gunned down.how true please and clear our doubts.
That will be highly unlikely!
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
bidexiii: . May there gentle soul of those gallant men rest in peace !
AMEEEN.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 10:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
Guess u should all click on dis link ! "lindaikeji..com/2014/07/disturbing-video-shows-how-boko-haram.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&m=1"
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by brownlords: 10:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
ObiOkpor: @sirius,info abt d crashed jet.is it true the jet was gunned down by NA?The pilot refused to obey orders not to go into bh camp to creat awareness to the enemies that NA were attacking bh camp?So it was gunned down.how true please and clear our doubts.

I doubt even if true, don't expect sirblacko to disclose here
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tit(f): 10:23pm On Jul 22, 2014

It is remarkable all four rotors seem intact.
looks like it crashed in a built-up/urban area;
There is a streetlight pole in the background.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tit(f): 10:25pm On Jul 22, 2014
bidexiii: Oga sirius ; got dis sad news from linda keji blog ? Dat one of the survivors in d mil28 gunship was decapitated
not likely an airman.
either a deserter or scout.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 22, 2014
bidexiii: Oga sirius ; got dis sad news from linda keji blog ? Dat one of the survivors in d mil28 gunship was decapitated
its also on SaharaReporters. His Name is Umar. This fine gentlemen in the arm forces choose to join the military knowing fully well the prize the will have to pay someday . I salute u all and I say Thank you for putting ur life's in danger so that Nigeria can be safe for us and our children
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 10:40pm On Jul 22, 2014
It just it me hard and my heart bleeds we can't just be discussing here and our voice not heard we can make a difference ! Is there a way we can make a difference people. Nigeria army and airforce seriously need state of d heart equipment, comms and gadgets hardware to reduce our casualties ! We can make our voice heard to mr president if we put heads together gallant men r dying !
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tit(f): 10:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
femikay149:

Which information has been vaguely critical?

Which info has been undermining ?

I read here that soldiers were made to go on patrol with just three magazines of AK47 bullets.
The impression given was that soldiers were,administratively, only issued three magazines.
The limiting factor was the pouches on their kevlar.

Is that not silly. Did ecomog soldiers have such a limit?
When was the three magazine limit imposed?
The NA that is reputed to have used more bullets during the Nigerian Civil war than was used in the WWII European theatre?

If your jacket has only three pouches, what of the pants?
Don't they have tape?

Yet this info was put out here to demoralize the general public
and was left unchallenged by those who should know better.
I know some people here have ulterior motive.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by brownlords: 10:44pm On Jul 22, 2014

I don't think tht guy is a survival from the crash
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Krak(m): 10:49pm On Jul 22, 2014
brownlords:

I don't think tht guy is a survival from the crash

He is not.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 11:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
tit:

I read here that soldiers were made to go on patrol with just three magazines of AK47 bullets.
The impression given was that soldiers were,administratively, only issued three magazines.
The limiting factor was the pouches on their kevlar.

Is that not silly. Did ecomog soldiers have such a limit?
When was the three magazine limit imposed?
The NA that is reputed to have used more bullets during the Nigerian Civil war than was used in the WWII European theatre?

If your jacket has only three pouches, what of the pants?
Don't they have tape?

Yet this info was put out here to demoralize the general public
and was left unchallenged by those who should know better.
I know some people here have ulterior motive.
That's not true nobody said but anyway from most of d pictures av seen dey pocket 2 additional magazines to there jacket gear plus d magazine in d riffle or dey selotape additional two to d riffle, dis does not mean any thing there is always some ammo @ stalk even during patrols or digin operations.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by olapluto(m): 11:08pm On Jul 22, 2014
Ibnsultan: its also on SaharaReporters. His Name is Umar. This fine gentlemen in the arm forces choose to join the military knowing fully well the prize the will have to pay someday . I salute u all and I say Thank you for putting ur life's in danger so that Nigeria can be safe for us and our children
So sad. But is this officer one of those in the helicopter that crashed? If so grossly disturbing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (73) (Reply)

Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.