Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (230758 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Gaius667: 11:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nice work Sirius and we all pray that God will protect you and all our gallant soldiers on the battle front.

I am a bit worried that no one is talking about effective border control. No matter the level of success our boys attain in this war, I am afraid that unless we have a plan on effective border policing and control, the victory might be short lived.
I believe that technology has advanced so much that the size of the northern terrain shouldn't make it impossible to control like the current case where we have over a hundred entry points into Nigeria from the northern axis.
I remember Jonathan made some comments about 2 years ago on getting the immigration to hand over surveillance planes to the NAF but till today, nothing has come out of that and most people have forgotten. A constant air patrol or even drone reconnaissance mission will go a long way in helping us in this fight. Imagine gathering information and knowing that the BH villains are on the march to attack a station, then deploying a GPS controlled missile to clear them off thereby eliminating physical engagement with the ground troops.
In as much as I admire and will always respect the traditional style of warfare, I believe that there is so much advantage that technology can bring our way to minimize losses on the Nigerian side and maximize the casualties on the side of the nut heads who are bent on destroying the nation.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 3:53am On Jul 23, 2014
olapluto:
So sad. But is this officer one of those in the helicopter that crashed? If so grossly disturbing.
not sure
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 4:21am On Jul 23, 2014
odeebee:
I want to dig d man in u out. uv been facing others finking their silence is coward. u r using their r u hyding d fact dat u r not in support of d BH? I pray u r not in d military i bet u dey will fish and screw d ram out of u

Bastard. am waitin for u
LOL
More bad names.
But you are not addressing the issues in this thread.
Multiplying the name-calling and issuing threats are neither here nor there.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by azpekuliar: 9:13am On Jul 23, 2014
egbaguy: i had fear dat he was killed

Ibnsultan: ok I remember bokoharam wanted his head I guess it was part of the reason the army moved him

He had to be taken out of the heat, lest even the resident moles within the NA take him out under the guise of KIA.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 9:25am On Jul 23, 2014
Morning pal's

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 9:45am On Jul 23, 2014
Nigerian Army T-55 crewman with a Cameroonian BIR soldier(In black)..Frontlines at the Nigerian-Cameroon Border.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 9:52am On Jul 23, 2014
Weapons recovered from an Insurgent's House..Maiduguri.

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 10:01am On Jul 23, 2014
RPG-7 operators....Frontlines of the North East.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by skullz: 10:14am On Jul 23, 2014
SiriusBlack: RIP: Flight Lieutenant Onyeka Nwakile..pilot of crashed Mi-35 Gunship.
A Complete officer and a gentleman, RIP Akweke!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 23, 2014
azpekuliar:

He had to be taken out of the heat, lest even the resident moles within the NA take him out under the guise of KIA.
sure it was highly possible
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
@DHQ. New Info on the crashed military chopper. :
Only one body has so far been recovered from the
site of the crashed Air Force Helicopter. The body of
the technician who is the third member of the crew is
yet to be located. He is therefore declared Missing in
Action until found.
Rescue team continues the search in the vicinity of
the scene of the accident.

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by PrinxArthur1(m): 12:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
SiriusBlack: Nigerian Army T-55 crewman with a Cameroonian BIR soldier(In black)..Frontlines at the Nigerian-Cameroon Border.
one day both will fight each other

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 23, 2014
"@DefenceInfoNG: FYI: The body of the Technician of the #NAF Mi-35 Helicopter is yet to be located. He is therefore declared Missing in Action until found.". We pray 4 the best out come
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Sparrow13: 12:54pm On Jul 23, 2014
PrinxArthur1: one day both will fight each other
God/Allah forbid
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by PrinxArthur1(m): 12:58pm On Jul 23, 2014
Sparrow13: God/Allah forbid
am not predicting,but am telling u what will happen

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by komekn(m): 1:11pm On Jul 23, 2014
Trying to be constructive here, I come across comments saying we are doing a great job, if we believe the army PR we are winning and Boko is on the run , but facts and the man on the ground do not corroborate the army PR.

We wish to assume that our generals and top brass have the knowledge strategic capacity to win this war and bring boko under control or at least render them largely ineffective. However, experience has taught me that having the position or title earned or acquired of General, President, Director, CEO, etc, doesn’t necessarily equate to experiential competence and knowledge capacity to deliver expected outcomes.

GEJ is talking about the need for $1billion loan for large scale military procurement, will that make a difference ? How much have we spent so far ? what did it achieve what did we get for money ?

I have seen courtesy of SIRIUSBLACK the nature of our weaponry it’s to be honest a shambles, we have spent billions over the past years and what do we have to show for it ? T55 , Vickers , tanks, panhard , mowag piranha 2 apcs. Some of these weapon stations are so old you would see them in museums.

At this stage in or development the GIANT of Africa are still using antiquated AK47's (not even with optic sights) it’s very inaccurate beyond 150 metres possibly much less dependent on operator. INEXCUSABLE

We are left with a crucial question essentially because this is Nigeria, has there been judicious use of allocated resources SO FAR. I have a very good understanding of procurement military and otherwise and unless you make comparative cost analysis how do you know you got best value for your money ?

If we get a $1billion loan WHERE DO YOU THINK IT WILL GO[/b], I am certain it will not go to equip our boys on the ground and ensure their safety in this perilous and indeed from government thankless job they do to keep us safe.

Suggestions please on what we need to do in the first instance and then [b]HOW DO WE MAKE IT HAPPEN

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 2:24pm On Jul 23, 2014
@komekn
5 years into this conflict, no large scale acquisitions have taken place...just small bits and pieces here and there...bloggers on Beegeagle., have for several years analysed and made recommendations for acquisitions for the military...still, nothing substantial...let's hope this USD1bn will be properly utilized.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by homerac7: 2:49pm On Jul 23, 2014
SiriusBlack: @komekn
5 years into this conflict, no large scale acquisitions have taken place...just small bits and pieces here and there...bloggers on Beegeagle., have for several years analysed and made recommendations for acquisitions for the military...still, nothing substantial...let's hope this USD1bn will be properly utilized.

^^^

With due respect sir, this response is as lame as irresponsible as it is. A national army waiting on bloggers to equip itself? Which other nation does that sir?

Mind you, I'm also a commentator on that blog.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Krak(m): 3:02pm On Jul 23, 2014
homerac7: .

^^^

With due respect sir, this response is as lame as irresponsible as it is. A national army waiting on bloggers to equip itself? Which other nation does that sir?

So what else do you want or expect him to say?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 3:06pm On Jul 23, 2014

^^^

Irresponsible? I don't think so...We all know how we got over-priced F7s..In a country like Nigeria, what you peeps don't know is that acquisitions is usually made straight from the MOD..I, see nothing wrong if security services get advice from knowledgeable individuals...

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 3:10pm On Jul 23, 2014

^^^

if they ain't wise enough to Know what's right then it's only normal that civilians tell 'em what right.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 4:29pm On Jul 23, 2014
Life in the Trenches: Frontlines of the North East.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by LordMecuzy(m): 4:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
SiriusBlack: Life in the Trenches: Frontlines of the North East.

@Sirus I can't see d pix u uploaded abt a bullet ridden balistic helmet
SiriusBlack: Life in the Trenches: Frontlines of the North East.

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tit(f): 4:37pm On Jul 23, 2014

^^^

you see the not so veiled attack on the institution.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ObiOkpor(m): 4:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
@ serius,u‘ve not answered my question about the crashed jet.tnk u
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 4:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
ObiOkpor: @ serius,u‘ve not answered my question about the crashed jet.tnk u
Which?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ObiOkpor(m): 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2014
SiriusBlack: Which?
Your colleague in the NE(my brother) told me the jet was not crashed but was gunned down by NA cause the pilot crossed the boundary he was told not to,to avoid creating awareness of Army‘s invasion to bh camp.
How true pls.Tnk u
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2014

^^^

I never stated that the army "depends" on bloggers for acquisitions..pls don't misquote me.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 4:47pm On Jul 23, 2014
ObiOkpor:
Your colleague in the NE(my brother) told me the jet was not crashed but was gunned down by NA cause the pilot crossed the boundary he was told not to,to avoid creating awareness of Army‘s invasion to bh camp.
How true pls.Tnk u
I'm sorry, I can't answer that question bro..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 4:48pm On Jul 23, 2014
LordMecuzy:

check page 21
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ObiOkpor(m): 4:49pm On Jul 23, 2014
SiriusBlack: I'm sorry, I can't answer that question bro..
i understand.
Tnk u.
More strength to u guys out there,we LOVE YOU ALL!
Wished to confront this boko‘s but mago-mago recruitment wey dem de do no allow me.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Pennywise(m): 4:57pm On Jul 23, 2014
tit:

you see the not so veiled attack on the institution.

Take your petty blackmail out of here. No one is interested. The army is as corrupt as other civil institutions. Everyone knows that. You may chose to ignore it. That is your cup of tea.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.