Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,029 members, 7,953,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:31 AM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (232702 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by femikay149(m): 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2014
tit:

you see the not so veiled attack on the institution.
Pls first this is not sirius quote so dont use it in supporting ur view

Am begining to get ur view bt wot u dnt know is that sirius must try to be diplomatic and ensure he states facts so as to make his words..he has done a good work so far

Do u want sirius to feed us with lies dnt forget pple on this thread stay in the north east..and see things first hand sef

This thread enlightens us..if u ve problem with the fact he is a millitay man and nt abiding by ur so called codes pls kindly ignore this thread and go elsewhere.

Some of us are happy we get a true and good eyewitness account of what is going on

So far no classified info or anything that can affect national security has been discussed

So far he has tried to balance things

So pls stop trying to derail this thread or better still stop coming here

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by femikay149(m): 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2014
tit:

you see the not so veiled attack on the institution.
Pls first this is not sirius quote so dont use it in supporting ur view

Am begining to get ur view bt wot u dnt know is that sirius must try to be diplomatic and ensure he states facts so as to make his words..he has done a good work so far

Do u want sirius to feed us with lies dnt forget pple on this thread stay in the north east..and see things first hand sef

This thread enlightens us..if u ve problem with the fact he is a millitay man and nt abiding by ur so called codes pls kindly ignore this thread and go elsewhere.

Some of us are happy we get a true and good eyewitness account of what is going on

So far no classified info or anything that can affect national security has been discussed

So far he has tried to balance things

So pls stop trying to derail this thread or better still stop coming here
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by homerac7: 5:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
Pennywise:
Take your petty blackmail out of here. No one is interested. The army is as corrupt as other civil institutions. Everyone knows that. You may chose to ignore it. That is your cup of tea.

Thanks for that frankness. Its part of why I, for one, is not moved by this photo album session. Nobody is asking the army for its home video, all we require of them is to get the fckin job done! We can't be doing photo sessions here and loosing Gwoza, Damboa, Chibok and other areas along with heavy civilian casualties to a rag tag rebel group.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 5:36pm On Jul 23, 2014
Captured Insurgent Camp..June 2014...Frontlines of the North East.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tit(f): 6:02pm On Jul 23, 2014
Ibnsultan: "@DefenceInfoNG: FYI: The body of the Technician of the #NAF Mi-35 Helicopter is yet to be located. He is therefore declared Missing in Action until found.". We pray 4 the best out come

He may have jumped when the chopper was certain to crash. The search party has go follow the choppers flight/crash path.
Search dogs.
Is there no communication between the craft and traffic control?

The guy could even be under that wreckage.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tit(f): 6:20pm On Jul 23, 2014
From Punch Online:
Crashed Helicopter Co-pilot resurfaces in Maiduguri.

The Director of Defence Information, Maj-Gen Chris Olukolade has updated its earlier report that a crew member who was earlier declared dead has resurfaced.

The engineer crew member of the crashed Nigerian Air Force Mi-35 Helicopter earlier declared missing has been found alive, he said.

The crew member who was declared missing when his body could not be located in the vicinity of the crash resurfaced at the military Headquarters in Maiduguri today, having trekked through the bushes after the crash.

The Army in a statement issued on Wednesday said, “It is thus confirmed that Flight Lieutenant NM Halilu, Co-Pilot and Warrant Officer Augustine Nwanonenyi, the aircraft technician survived the crash while Flight Lieutenant Onyeka Nwakile was the only one lost in the crash.

“The family of the officer has been duly informed while the two survivors are in stable condition but receiving medical attention.
Meanwhile, search and rescue operation on the incident has been concluded, while investigation into the crash continues”.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 6:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
SiriusBlack: I'm sorry, I can't answer that question bro..
does anyone read meaning to diz answer?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 6:32pm On Jul 23, 2014
@siriusblack........sorry to say,i dnt see u guys running over Bokoharam pretty soon. Even if d NA buys ammo worth 50b dollars,everything go go down as waste. U ask me why? Ok,if our borders still continue to be porous,if the raw material (ammonium nitrate) used in making IEDs isnt controlled,if after 5yrs,no sponsor of bh has been identified and knwn despite arresting some commanders,we will just continue to chase shadows.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 6:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
it doesnt take bh anything to bomb any part of nigeria
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 6:37pm On Jul 23, 2014
Breaking news : crashed flight tech engr of the NA Mil-28 as being found !
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SergeAlain: 6:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
SiriusBlack: Which?

Obiokpor, Also please bear in mind that all army units are communities just like any other. Rumour mongering is very common just as in any community e.g. school campus, village etc. The point i am making is that not every info from a soldier is necessarily true.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SergeAlain: 6:45pm On Jul 23, 2014
egbaguy: @siriusblack........sorry to say,i dnt see u guys running over Bokoharam pretty soon. Even if d NA buys ammo worth 50b dollars,everything go go down as waste. U ask me why? Ok,if our borders still continue to be porous,if the raw material (ammonium nitrate) used in making IEDs isnt controlled,if after 5yrs,no sponsor of bh has been identified and knwn despite arresting some commanders,we will just continue to chase shadows.

Egbaguy,

i suggest you go read up the IRA in the republic of Ireland rebellion against the British Govt. Note how long it to to put down the IRA, and how many sponsors were jailed.

When are we going to realize this is no tea party. You imagine there is one key sponsor whom we can capture or kill and this whole thing would end? sorry think again.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ObiOkpor(m): 6:57pm On Jul 23, 2014
SergeAlain:

Obiokpor, Also please bear in mind that all army units are communities just like any other. Rumour mongering is very common just as in any community e.g. school campus, village etc. The point i am making is that not every info from a soldier is necessarily true.
I get you bro.....Whatever it is,let our soldiers be at the winning side.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 7:07pm On Jul 23, 2014
egbaguy: it doesnt take bh anything to bomb any part of nigeria
WRONG...a few years ago, Boko bandits were bombing locations across Maiduguri, Adamawa and Yobe every single day...there was hardly any sunday that a church was not attacked..Maiduguri was basically a boko stronghold...Now, things have changed..We are not where we want to be, but we are no longer where we once were..

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 7:20pm On Jul 23, 2014
General Siriusblack.......not taking anything away frm d NA. Lagos was bombed some weeks ago,kaduna was bombed today,jos has been bombed,bauchi,kano,jigawa,gombe etc. These bastards can choose anywhere they want to bomb. We only sit to hear the next attack. Has anyone been frm kano to lagos? How many road blocks do u see along d road? How do d army conduct dir search? All the trailers carrying cows and pepper,who knws watz beneath?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 7:39pm On Jul 23, 2014
egbaguy: General Siriusblack.......not taking anything away frm d NA. Lagos was bombed some weeks ago,kaduna was bombed today,jos has been bombed,bauchi,kano,jigawa,gombe etc. These bastards can choose anywhere they want to bomb. We only sit to hear the next attack. Has anyone been frm kano to lagos? How many road blocks do u see along d road? How do d army conduct dir search? All the trailers carrying cows and pepper,who knws watz beneath?
This thread's only concern is the Army's military campaign...What you are talking about is more of DSS work..The army can't track down Terrorist sleeper cells in Kaduna, Lagos and Abuja...that is simply not the Army's job...The SSS has its duty..whether or not its doing that, that's for the SSS to decide..not the army.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 7:49pm On Jul 23, 2014
SiriusBlack: This thread's only concern is the Army's military campaign...What you are talking about is more of DSS work..The army can't track down Terrorist sleeper cells in Kaduna, Lagos and Abuja...that is simply not the Army's job...The SSS has its duty..whether or not its doing that, that's for the SSS to decide..not the army.
God bless u bro.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 8:02pm On Jul 23, 2014
General siriusblack.......i knw in diz my 'nonsense',i am making some sense. The battle against BH can be won more by Intelligence gathering than by engaging faceless bastards in shoot out.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SpaceGoat: 8:10pm On Jul 23, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 9:00pm On Jul 23, 2014
egbaguy: General siriusblack.......i knw in diz my 'nonsense',i am making some sense. The battle against BH can be won more by Intelligence gathering than by engaging faceless bastards in shoot out.
Exactly my point...killing Bokos in hundreds won't do anything...we have to go tech-wise...hunt down sponsors, infiltrate the group with SSS spies, place plainclothed SSS operatives in villages, phone bugging, tracking, bribing BH commanders, inserting moles, and creating distrust within the insurgent leadership...BH foot soldiers are just a small part of the equation...the sponsors, financiers, sympathisers, recruiters, suppliers are what makes the group tick...destroy the link, they will collapse.

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 9:08pm On Jul 23, 2014
Wishing you a safe recovery!!...crew members of ill-fated Mi-35 Gunship...upon discovery..they were found later in Maiduguri...Flight Lt. Musa and WO Austine.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by brownlords: 9:20pm On Jul 23, 2014
Safe recovery to our gallant men, God bless you all
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 23, 2014
SiriusBlack: Wishing you a safe recovery!!...crew members of ill-fated Mi-35 Gunship...upon discovery..they were found later in Maiduguri...Flight Lt. Musa and WO Austine.
waw the are still in maiduguri. The should in kaduna/jos military hospital receiving the best medical attention the need
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 9:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
Ibnsultan: waw the are still in maiduguri. The should in kaduna/jos military hospital receiving the best medical attention the need
I doubt they are still in Maid...details still sketchy..
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 10:03pm On Jul 23, 2014
General siriusblack.............wud it be a bad idea to gv sambissa forest a 'hiroshima' treatment?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 23, 2014
SiriusBlack: I doubt they are still in Maid...details still sketchy..
alryt. Wish them quick recovery.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by OCTAVO: 10:26pm On Jul 23, 2014
egbaguy: General siriusblack.............wud it be a bad idea to gv sambissa forest a 'hiroshima' treatment?
Seriously, if nuclear weapon is deployed, that will be the end of Boko Haram. But there will be great collateral damage.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 10:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
OCTAVO:
Seriously, if nuclear weapon is deployed, that will be the end of Boko Haram. But there will be great collateral damage.
how wud dir be collateral damage?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by OCTAVO: 10:39pm On Jul 23, 2014
egbaguy: how wud dir be collateral damage?
There will be innocent victims.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 1:44am On Jul 24, 2014
photo related.

This is the IGIRIGI Armoured personnel carrier, designed and manufactured by the nigerian army. It is already been fielded in the north-east and is expected to be fielded in much larger numbers in the coming years.

We are going to also get in the coming months, a chinese-nigerian APC Assembly plant in nigeria. Work is currently at advanced stages.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 4:29am On Jul 24, 2014
OCTAVO:
There will be innocent victims.
does any innocent person stay in sambissa forest?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Sparrow13: 7:31am On Jul 24, 2014
egbaguy: does any innocent person stay in sambissa forest?
yes there are villages and cattle rearers

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (73) (Reply)

Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.