Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less - Business (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less (56656 Views)

15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About / Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) / The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 8:38am On Aug 14, 2014
goldendiamond: I explained to her why a service driven business is more profitable than selling products. she obeyed and I later enrolled her for training under an experienced make up artist. today she makes average of 80k monthly - a young girl with just OND certificate. thats the power of training and seeking for wisdom.

knowledge is power.
what you know is what you are
what you know is what you av learnt
what you av learnt is not all there is to know so seek more knowledge.
never ever stop learning and if you must change your financial status this year, you need to go for training and you need a mentor.

please dont take this free online training for granted. ask questions and contribute as I also want to learn from you. we still have 10 TOPICS to discuss so keep following
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 8:48am On Aug 14, 2014
goldendiamond: before the nairaland data loss we have treated 10 topics stated on the first page of this thread(check to confirm). for business proposals(event mgt, website marketn, john fashanu agent & bulk sms business), business name registration, business plan development & website setup; send a sms to 0817-932-8162. the 10 topics left to discuss are stated below.

11. script writing
12. book reseller
13. organise a seminar
14. fireball agent
15. ebook marketing
16. public/motivational speaking
17. dog sales(dog show event)
18. mc/comedian
19. makeup artistry
20. biography publishing

now lets continue with the 11th business topic: ORGANISE A SEMINAR. let me refresh your memory a bit. keep following
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 8:53am On Aug 14, 2014
goldendiamond: ORGANISE A SEMINAR
this is one aspect of the multi billion dollar business called information marketing(IM). IM is the packaging of information in different formats(semnars, manuals, workshops, ebooks audio cd, video cd, course, online trainin etc) to sell at a desired profit. it has 8 main benefits stated below:
1. low start up capital
2. work from home or office
3. very little competition(if you can be original with your own topics)
4. no age limit or barrier
5. high returns on investment
6. it can be done anywhere
7. little risk involved
8. can be done full time or part time

As I always tell my students,the secret to succeed in this biz is in 3 steps: LEARN IT. DO IT. SELL IT but the problem we have with most people is they dont want to learn it b4 selling it. tell me how can u teach some thing u dont know.this is why I carefully created this topic: "20 SIMPLE BUSINESSES YOU CAN START AT HOME WITH N20,000 OR LESS".
read carefully
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 8:59am On Aug 14, 2014
goldendiamond: NOW brace yourself,focus your senses,grab a drink to relax & open up your mind as I take you through this sweet journey.no matter which state you reside in nigeria,african country or any part of the world, this is one business you can operate without stress and make money with peace of mind. I can hear someone say but am not interested because am shy and cant address a crowd. relax and take a chill pill, there is some thing to learn here. we learnt from successful experts who have proofs and the person teaching you also have proofs.the easiest way to succeed is to copy others who have excelled in your desired field.we will be taking the following topics.
1. SEMINAR BASICS
2. HOW TO PLAN A SEMINAR
3. HOW TO CHOOSE A SEMINAR NAME
4. 3 POWER PROFIT SOURCES
5. COMMONLY MADE MISTAKES TO AVOID
6. HOW TO AVOID LOOSING MONEY

please pay close attention and follow this step by step guide. we will treat the six sub topics. keep following
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 9:03am On Aug 14, 2014
goldendiamond:
people are willing to pay large sums of money for a seat if they believe that it provides them a special opportunity to:
1. make money
2. gain prestige
3. experience great enjoyment

other things people are ready, willing and eager to pay for includes:
- solution to problems
- guide to achieving a desire
- advice that adds value
- knowledge base boosters

Best selling topics are FINANCE and RELATIONSHIPS
other topics you can leverage on includes:
LOVE
SEX
INVESTING
HEALTH
COOKING
PARENTING
IMPORT & EXPORT
RETIREMENT
CAREER
ACADEMICS
TRAVEL
ONLINE BUSINESS
MARKETING
WEIGHT LOSS
SKIN CARE
etc

this topic is a goldmine if only you can apply the principles you will learn here
please dont take it for granted because its free.

now lets start with
SEMINAR BASICS and
HOW TO PLAN A SEMINAR
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 9:29am On Aug 14, 2014
SEMINAR BASICS:
decide on these points first. details will be explained in "how to plan a seminar".

1. purpose and objective of seminar
2. target audience(expected)
3. free or fee based
4. venue booking
5. publicity materials
6. marketing/shopping for participants
7. question and answer sessions
8. break out session
9. networking session
10. refreshments
11. group photograpghs, certificates etc
12. visual aids for effective presentation

keep following

1 Like

Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by darlingjoylyn(f): 12:41pm On Aug 14, 2014
goldendiamond:

so sad to know my sister. what a bad experience to loose a place of business in such circumstances. just hope you were compensated. please forget these adversity and explore other opportunities. we all av a story to tell whether sweet or sad so pls be strong. am still on track with this thread just took a break to attend to business and other pressing issues. keep following
thanks sir. No compensation at all. There are procedures they bycotted.so the case will be taken to court within 30days. Ok sha welcome back from the break. I'm following. It is well.
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by akorson5(m): 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
na jeje we dey go. op pls can i post my proposal here for review?
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by FOCALPOINT: 5:11pm On Aug 14, 2014
OP you are doing great. Following.
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by etcme(m): 5:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
goldendiamond: SEMINAR BASICS:
decide on these points first. details will be explained in "how to plan a seminar".

1. purpose and objective of seminar
2. target audience(expected)
3. free or fee based
4. venue booking
5. publicity materials
6. marketing/shopping for participants
7. question and answer sessions
8. break out session
9. networking session
10. refreshments
11. group photograpghs, certificates etc
12. visual aids for effective presentation

keep following
following seriously...... Welcome Back
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 11:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
darlingjoylyn: thanks sir. No compensation at all. There are procedures they bycotted.so the case will be taken to court within 30days. Ok sha welcome back from the break. I'm following. It is well.

it is well ijn. court case that will be prolonged; what a wicked govt. the good lord will restore you beyond your widest dream ijn

1 Like

Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 11:27pm On Aug 14, 2014
akorson5: na jeje we dey go. op pls can i post my proposal here for review?

my brother I like your style. you dont want to order for our business proposal but you want me to review it. as av always noted, anything that has value carries a cost. however you can post it so we can all learn from you too. I believe its a good one. you will excel and succeed. keep following
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 11:29pm On Aug 14, 2014
in any business venture if you fail to plan, you've already planned to fail. planning is the key to excelling in life. most people dont plan not because they dont want to but because they dont know how to.for a seminar to be successful you av to take time out to plan & device winning strategies.the simple way is to follow this step by step guide as presented by the gurus I also learnt from. keep following.

HOW TO PLAN A SEMINAR

1. WHAT INFORMATION DO YOU HAVE TO OFFER:
- you need to stay within your area of strength
- you need to specialize and focus on specification
- you need to have powerful information
- you need to brand yourself

2. WHO ARE YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE:
- poor people, average people, wealthy people, pastors, students etc
- locate where your targets are
- study your targets and discover vital baits
- tell them what will catch their attention
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by Ewenla202: 9:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
Welcome Boss! Students are seriously&attentively following bumper to bumper!
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by kennafols(f): 12:25am On Aug 16, 2014
pls my brother I just came across this topic, am interested
my email is kennafols@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 8:43am On Aug 17, 2014
happy sunday to all members of this thread. its the dawn better things to come for you.its a new week and another opportunity to pursue your dreams and achieve your goals. as natural as it is for birds to fly and for lions to roar so will you excel this week ijn. you will not lack any good thing and your best will become better ijn. keep following...

1 Like

Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 8:44am On Aug 17, 2014
kennafols: pls my brother I just came across this topic, am interested
my email is kennafols@gmail.com. Thanks

welcome on board. invite others to join us and keep following. you are interested in what?
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 8:55am On Aug 17, 2014
goldendiamond: in any business venture if you fail to plan, you've already planned to fail. planning is the key to excelling in life. most people dont plan not because they dont want to but because they dont know how to.for a seminar to be successful you av to take time out to plan & device winning strategies.the simple way is to follow this step by step guide as presented by the gurus I also learnt from. keep following.

HOW TO PLAN A SEMINAR

1. WHAT INFORMATION DO YOU HAVE TO OFFER:
- you need to stay within your area of strength
- you need to specialize and focus on specification
- you need to have powerful information
- you need to brand yourself

2. WHO ARE YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE:
- poor people, average people, wealthy people, pastors, students etc
- locate where your targets are
- study your targets and discover vital baits
- tell them what will catch their attention
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by lifestyle1(m): 10:35am On Aug 17, 2014
goldendiamond: For all those sending emails about business name registration.its a wise move as having a CAC certificate has several benefits(few are listed below):
1. it validates your business
2. it will boost your business proposals
3. it may be required in sourcing loans
4. it will help u in attracting biz partners
5. it is required in opening a current account in your biz name
6. it will help u in getting investors
7. it gives your biz a legal identity

visit the nearest CAC office and pay N200 for "availability form". pay N250 for a "green file folder". fill the form, attach your passport photo and submit then go back after two weeks.if your business name is approved,pay the sum of[b] N4000,[/b] submit the green file folder and ask the officers when to come for your certificate. if you fail to pay within 60 days your biz name will be cancelled & if your name is rejected,you will have to repeat the process.however as simple as this process may seem,most biz names get rejected because of one major factor

Availability form is 500 and business name registration fee is 10,000

http://new.cac.gov.ng/home/summary-of-fees-and-forms/

Please how profitable is bulk sms business ?
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by rochefort(m): 1:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I want to commend the vision and leadership style of the OP, Mr GoldenDiamond, only God can reward you.

I also want to commend everyone here for being matured followers, listeners and contributors! God will continue to guide you and butter your breads.

I abandoned nairaland for over 6 years now because 99% percent of the posts here, at that time, were filled with insults and childish behaviours. Even a post as richly rewarding as this one, would have been labelled "419" or people would have started insulting each other's tribes, religions or political parties in the comments.

I salute all of you for what you have done in keeping this wonderful post free of such negative distractions.

That said, I am also an Entrepreneurship Coach and I will like to support what the OP is doing here. I am mostly based abroad (France, Brazil, Dubai and Ghana) but I am presently in Nigeria to launch a new business support network. I don't want to mention the name here for ethical reasons.

But, seeing that the topic under discussion currently is: "How to Organise Seminars", please let me offer you all a manual which I wrote on it and offered to my students. I am sure you can combine the information in my manual with all the GREAT lessons you have learned here.

It is too large at 440kb to be attached here, but I will soon post a link for you to download it for free. God bless us ALL. Happy sunday!!!
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by Ahmeen: 5:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
.'
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by Otitm: 6:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
Mine, otitolams4ever@gmail.com.tanks
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by rochefort(m): 6:52pm On Aug 17, 2014
As promised, you can download my manual on:

SEMINAR PRODUCTION BUSINESS
It's Time to Take Your Show on the Road. Learn How to Create, Organize and Market your Own Seminars for Public or Corporate Clients

Download Link:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=AA42A45BF2565C50!160&authkey=!ANIf4BVBZwoZ_c0&ithint=file%2cpdf
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2014
@ lifestyle1
tanx but someone already corrected my error before(scroll up) and I acknowledged it.will modify it now. really appreciate you. keep following

@ ahmeen
my email is "ideas2wealth@yahoo.com". you can also send me a sms on 0817-932-8162 for a quick response. keep following
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 9:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
now lets continue with the business topic: "ORGANISE A SEMINAR".

HOW TO PLAN A SEMINAR.
we noted two steps(scroll up to view).
3rd step is:

3. HAVE PROPER PLANNING STRATEGIES:
- proper planning prevent poor performance
- discover vital baits as a strategic tool
- work on your presentation skills

4. CHOOSE STRATEGIC LOCATIONS FOR YOUR SEMINAR:
- location matters(accessibility, comfort, price & facilities)
- location is a branding tool and it will seperate you from others using junk venues
- location affects accounting & pricing

5. ADOPT POWERFUL & CREATIVE PUBLICITY STRATEGY:
- your target audience determines your publicity strategy
- your publicity should include vital baits e.g discounts, freebies for those that register earlier, after training support etc
- write letters,send emails,circulate handbills,media(tv & radio) etc
- buy existing facilitators that have an audience
- copy emails & gsm numbers from newspapers/magazines & send your points to them
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 9:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
6. MAKE YOUR CONTENT RICH AND USEFUL
- dont deliver less than your promise
- avoid any "get rich quick" titles, its a gimmick nothing like that exists
- give people value for their money
- avoid half information or vague information

7. GET QUALIFIED SPEAKERS AND FACILITATORS:
- dont step into areas outside your strength
- source for facilitator that can deliver and aid your seminar success
- as they deliver, study them carefully and create your own style
- work on public speaking skills and use the right language

8. GET YOUR PRICING RIGHT:
- get a paper and pen and be realistic
- dont over price or under price
- get your accounting right
- discover the unit cost that will cover your expenses
- device a strategic approach

9. HAVE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES TO OFFER:
- it will boost your income
- it keeps the profit flowing
- this keeps the connection with your participants
- it is a networking tool
- it is also a major bait

10th step of HOW TO PLAN SEMINAR is comin soon.ask questions & contribute.keep following
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by paralysis: 12:22am On Aug 18, 2014
Am so loving this thread and I must say that the moderators are doing a great job here.finally am asking for my own ooo and my email is .......firmcy@gmail.com.am sorry for coming late
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by hushmail: 12:30am On Aug 18, 2014
rochefort: Hello Everyone,

I want to commend the vision and leadership style of the OP, Mr GoldenDiamond, only God can reward you.

I also want to commend everyone here for being matured followers, listeners and contributors! God will continue to guide you and butter your breads.

But, seeing that the topic under discussion currently is: "How to Organise Seminars", please let me offer you all a manual which I wrote on it and offered to my students. I am sure you can combine the information in my manual with all the GREAT lessons you have learned here.

It is too large at 440kb to be attached here, but I will soon post a link for you to download it for free. God bless us ALL. Happy sunday!!!

Eagerly waiting for the link. thanks all the same
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 3:53am On Aug 18, 2014
hushmail:

Eagerly waiting for the link. thanks all the same

Scroll up to view the link. Mr hushmail where av u been. Keep following
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 4:13am On Aug 18, 2014
rochefort: Hello Everyone,

I abandoned nairaland for over 6 years now because 99% percent of the posts here, at that time, were filled with insults and childish behaviours. Even a post as richly rewarding as this one, would have been labelled "419" or people would have started insulting each other's tribes, religions or political parties in the comments.

I salute all of you for what you have done in keeping this wonderful post free of such negative distractions.

That said, I am also an Entrepreneurship Coach and I will like to support what the OP is doing here. I am mostly based abroad (France, Brazil, Dubai and Ghana) but I am presently in Nigeria to launch a new business support network. I don't want to mention the name here for ethical reasons.

really appreciate your input on this thread. you're right about the trend on nairaland.guess we've got lots of teenagers who just like to play around making lousy comments. dont worry with time they will all mature. thank you for your contribution, its very impressive because this is what av been promoting on this thread from day one(even before the data loss) so we can all learn from each other. Am interested in your nigerian project(business support network). Please send details to "ideas2wealth@yahoo.com". your best will become better ijn. God bless you abundantly. keep following
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by stellausih: 7:30am On Aug 18, 2014
Gudmorning Golden diamond! Gud morning to all on this thread. I must confess dat am so happy to have bumped into this thread. Right now am in a delimma on what to do. My husband has just built two BIG shops for me in front of my house. But the issue now is am still confused on what to sell. He is of the opinion dat I sell daily need items like food stuff and other items needed daily. But the truth is there are other people selling them already. Shud this stop me from doing my own thing? Also, pls I need a comprehensive list of daily need items as I do not have enough idea. Pls am confused and seriously need ur advice Goldendiamond. God bless u. Looking forward to hearing from u.
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by rochefort(m): 9:11am On Aug 18, 2014
goldendiamond:
Am interested in your nigerian project (business support network). Please send details to "ideas2wealth@yahoo.com". your best will become better ijn. God bless you abundantly. keep following

Email is sent. Please check and revert. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (28) (Reply)

Central Bank Starts Uniform Exchange Rate For Naira, Now ₦380 To $1 / Pics Of Crying Emeka Offor Being Consoled By Dignitaries At His Father's Burial / CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.