Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less (56605 Views)

15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About / Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) / The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 7:18pm On Aug 02, 2014
nislyv: hello sir just joining, pls can u give us Manual of d previous business dat was lost, especially bulk sms and recharge card printing. Thanks

ectme please kindly respond to this post as you noted before. we cant go back on previous topics. thank you my brother
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by FOCALPOINT: 9:41pm On Aug 02, 2014
@OP, thanks for the package. you are wonderful....... Following....
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by brownpollo(m): 9:53am On Aug 03, 2014
Brownpollo@yahoo.com I will appreciate if I can get it too
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 03, 2014
Next in line, please. muhrisen@yahoo.com
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by etcme(m): 11:00pm On Aug 03, 2014
goldendiamond:

ectme please kindly respond to this post as you noted before. we cant go back on previous topics. thank you my brother
ok boss, sorry for the late response. I will post it by tomorrow. I wasnt in town all this while.
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by etcme(m): 11:01pm On Aug 03, 2014
goldendiamond:

ok boss, i will post it soonest. Having network issues here
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by Nobody: 1:48am On Aug 04, 2014
ninz: Next in line, please. muhrisen@yahoo.com
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by etcme(m): 3:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
nislyv: hello sir just joining, pls can u give us Manual of d previous business dat was lost, especially bulk sms and recharge card printing. Thanks
Introduction
Bulk sms a.k.a Customised sms is simply the
system of sending the same text message with a
customised title to multiple users at once on their
gsm mobile phone. It is probably the fastest and most effective
means of mobile communication. Bulk of your
money will come from schools, churches, govt
agencies and event organizers. Your objective in
this business is to get clients(permanent
customers). We have 3-schools, 2-politicians and 4-churches as our clients which brings over
N50,000 total profit monthly. We will be treating the following topics: 1. Basic Requirements 2. Advantages of this system 3. Specific uses of bulk sms 4. How to send bulk sms 5. How to get customers 6. How to convert customers to clients Basic requirements 1. A computer system
Start with a desktop: a good one is about
N14,000.
I advice you buy a flat screen black dell monitor
with a black portable compaq CPU plus a black
dell keyboard and black dell optical mouse. 2. Internet modem: I recommend etisalat. Its
affordable and reliable: N4000. (If you can't
afford a computer system and internet modem,
you can start from a cybercafe). 3. Buy 1000 sms units at N900 from a sms
company that I will recommend later; which you
will give as free sample(50units each) to your
customers. 3. Develop a proposal and submit to your target
prospects(schools, politicians, hotels, govt
agencies, churches, event manager etc). 5. Publicise your service via emails, facebook,
twitter, whatsapp, BBM, online forums. etc. You
can also use classified adverts in newspapers if
you can afford it.
Basic Requirements. Other to follow are: 2. Advantages of this system 3. Specific uses of bulk sms 4. How to send bulk sms 5. How to get customers 6. How to convert customers to clients 2. ADVANTAGES OF THIS SYSTEM A. it is fast and easy to use
B. its an effective means of mobile
communication
C. it has multiple uses that will be explained later
D. it allows for scheduled messages
E. it supports delivery reports F. it supports long messages(multiple pages)
G.it is affordable and very reliable 3. SPECIFIC USES OF BULK SMS A. Product/service marketing:
Am sure you already know this but the secret to
get customers is to write an "effective sales
letter" which most people don't know how to
create.
Bulk sms works well when promoting your product or service. All you need is a gsm line
database of your prospects. For example. A
business woman selling shoes at a discount and
planning to reach corpers in ibadan, she can
approach a female corper for the gsm lines and
use a customised title like "EasterPromo" to send to the target list. To succeed in sales you must
always have a target because not everyone
needs your product/service. B. Event publicity
it is very effective to promote events such as
church/mosque programs, agm, music concerts,
comedy shows, weddings, parties etc C. Reminders
It is used as a reminder of any kind eg within a
company for an important info. As a reminder for
students, employees, job seekers, members of a
group etc
Specific uses of bulk sms(contd) D. Special Alerts
For example if there is a fire incidence around
omole estate junction at ojodu, local govt officers
or a church/mosque or a company in the area
can send bulk sms warning residents of the
danger. It can also be used to alert motorists of traffic jam, weather forecast, car accidents, riots,
violent protests or any impending danger within
an area or state. This will make people respect
the group, company or agency passing the
information. E. Thank you notes.
As a business man its always wise to build a gsm
database of your customers and always send
"thank you notes" to them after every
transaction. This will make customers feel
wanted and they will surely come back. F. Birthday greetings
Pastors and immams should make it a habit of
using bulk sms for birthday greeting to their
members. business men can also do likewise
because it would create an emotional connection
between your organisation and the celebrant.
G. Change notification.
For example, in a business group, workers
union, school, church/mosque, company etc.
Bulk sms can be used to notify people of any
change in scheduled programs eg meeting
location, meeting time, exam date, night vigil time, wolimah date, salary payment date etc H. Seasonal greetings
Bulk sms is very effective for this. Sallah, xmas,
easter, new year, valentine, childrens day,
workers day, independence day, democracy
day, fathers/mothers day etc. I. PTA updates
Every primary/secondary school have a parent/
teachers association. Bulk sms can be used to
update parent of school activities and their
child's status weekly or monthly. Even info on
exams, excursions, books, uniforms etc can be sent directly to parents because some pupils/
students have deviced ways to print out lies of
fake demands from schools for their parent. Bulk sms can help checkmate this bad attitude.
This will also boost the corporate image of the
school as most parents will brag to their friends
who have children in schools not using bulk sms
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by etcme(m): 3:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
J. School fees increment
This info can be sent via bulk sms and reasons to
justify the increase can be explained in a humble
manner to parents/guardians. Printing out
letters is not effective as some careless students
may not deliver it or they can even edit it to deceive parents. K. Political campaign
This is one year that you can approach
politicians especially new ones as most of them
are decamping and working on every means of
publicity. An average politician can buy 100,000
units once which is good profit. Just give them free value added services by
- helping them create effective "sales letters"
- building gsm lists for them and
- sending the bulk sms for them.
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by etcme(m): 3:54pm On Aug 04, 2014
L. Inspirational messages
This is my favourite and best option because it
has worked well for me and others we have
trained. From research, an average human being can
survive 5-weeks without food, 5-days without
water but nobody can survive one day without
hope. People become depressed when they
loose hope; some even commit suicide. So when
you bring a message of hope to them on a daily basis, you will be amazed what they can achieve. Send inspirational messages to students, church/
mosque members, employees, group members,
worker union members, neighbours, customers
etc and you will see how things will work out for
you. Emphasize this point to school owners, seniors
pastors, immams, hotel owners, business men
and politicians and they will surely patronise
you.
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by etcme(m): 3:56pm On Aug 04, 2014
4. HOW TO SEND BULK SMS
Visit www.(sorry i cant post d link here). Click on Bulk sms
Buy your desired sms unit
You can check their customer base to confirm
their reliability Log in with your username and password
On the number block, enter gsm lines and
arrange them vertically. Remove the "0" and add
"234" as stated below 2348065329456
2348026234566 You can type the numbers in a word processing
software like msword then copy and paste to the
number block. For this particular sms site, you
can send to 500 numbers at once. Type in your message. One page is 160
characters. Always reduce your messages to one
page because from experience people don't like
reading long messages and some phone
memory may not receive long messages in full.
You can send a 2nd or 3rd page to continue your information but with same title. Enter your title in the specified box. It must not
be more than 11characters because gsm lines is
made up of 11numbers.
E.g
john&kate(wedding iv)
1st Baptist(church program) FireAlert(special alert)
Sanitation(reminder)
Ansarudeen(mosque program)
QuestButik(business man)
FlexCafe(business man)
Agbor LG(local govt) Vision 2015(politician) If you want to schedule your message to deliver
at a future date, specify the date. This system is
suitable for birthday greetings and upcoming
events. If you want to send the sms immediately, add
your own number to the list then click the send
button below. Adding your gsm number will
enable you to know that the bulk sms has been
delivered to other recipients.
GOD BLESS OUR EFFORTS
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by Irshittabey: 3:59pm On Aug 04, 2014
goldendiamond:

that is a silent fraud.1.9units is too much.most sms sites charge 1unit for glo,airtel,etisalat & 1.5units for mtn so get a new sms site.its better to bill on number of sms for your client's benefit however it also depends on volume of sms u're sending so your best option is to get a cheap & reliable sms platform.
for example if u buy
10,000 units at 85k thats N8500 and you sell at N1.50k thats N15,000. lets assume you send to
6000 mtn lines at 1.5units = 9000 units and
4000 non mtn lines at 1unit= 4000units
total sms required for
10,000 gsm lines = 13,000 units
so u need to explain the mtn rate to your clients
Thanks alot sir,I get it now
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by nislyv: 4:45pm On Aug 04, 2014
etcme: 4. HOW TO SEND BULK SMS
Visit www.(sorry i cant post d link here). Click on Bulk sms
Buy your desired sms unit
You can check their customer base to confirm
their reliability Log in with your username and password
On the number block, enter gsm lines and
arrange them vertically. Remove the "0" and add
"234" as stated below 2348065329456
2348026234566 You can type the numbers in a word processing
software like msword then copy and paste to the
number block. For this particular sms site, you
can send to 500 numbers at once. Type in your message. One page is 160
characters. Always reduce your messages to one
page because from experience people don't like
reading long messages and some phone
memory may not receive long messages in full.
You can send a 2nd or 3rd page to continue your information but with same title. Enter your title in the specified box. It must not
be more than 11characters because gsm lines is
made up of 11numbers.
E.g
john&kate(wedding iv)
1st Baptist(church program) FireAlert(special alert)
Sanitation(reminder)
Ansarudeen(mosque program)
QuestButik(business man)
FlexCafe(business man)
Agbor LG(local govt) Vision 2015(politician) If you want to schedule your message to deliver
at a future date, specify the date. This system is
suitable for birthday greetings and upcoming
events. If you want to send the sms immediately, add
your own number to the list then click the send
button below. Adding your gsm number will
enable you to know that the bulk sms has been
delivered to other recipients.
GOD BLESS OUR EFFORTS
thanks
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by 2ndking: 6:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
goldendiamond:

For the bulk sms you can order for the business proposal. send a sms to 0817-932-8162. whats your budget for the laptop. get an american used ACER mini laptop 1gig ram and 160gig hard disk plus webcam and bluetooth. buy before friday and get a FREE brand new hp deskjet printer. to order send me a sms. keep following

OK sir. still following
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by semasir: 12:39am On Aug 05, 2014
Thanks but i didn't get and will appreciate your gesture to resend it. Thanks

sorry, my email is semasaopeolu@gmail.com and not as otherwise written. Besides, I didn't get any mail. Thanks

goldendiamond: Ok lets continue with the 11th business topic we started before sallah break: "ORGANISE A SEMINAR". keep following
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 3:26am On Aug 05, 2014
etcme:
ok boss, sorry for the late response. I will post it by tomorrow. I wasnt in town all this while.

tanx for the response. due to demand of some followers pls post the gsm recharge card printing manual that I posted b4 the data loss. really appreciate you. keep following
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 9:17am On Aug 05, 2014
semasir: sorry, my email is semasaopeolu@gmail.com and not as otherwise written. Besides, I didn't get any mail. Thanks

all emails delivered sir except "favouraugusta..." .may be you should check your spam folder. keep following
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 9:17am On Aug 05, 2014
For all those sending emails about business name registration.its a wise move as having a CAC certificate has several benefits(few are listed below):
1. it validates your business
2. it will boost your business proposals
3. it may be required in sourcing loans
4. it will help u in attracting biz partners
5. it is required in opening a current account in your biz name
6. it will help u in getting investors
7. it gives your biz a legal identity

visit the nearest CAC office and pay N500 for "availability form". pay N500 for a "green file folder". fill the form, attach your passport photo and submit then go back after two weeks.if your business name is approved,pay the sum of N10,000, submit the green file folder and ask the officers when to come for your certificate. if you fail to pay within 60 days your biz name will be cancelled & if your name is rejected,you will have to repeat the process.however as simple as this process may seem,most biz names get rejected because of one major factor

1 Like

Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by kenKenny: 9:56am On Aug 05, 2014
please send, my mail is chigoziekenneth99@yahoo.com
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 10:33am On Aug 05, 2014
that one major factor why most business names are rejected is a mistake most people make: "using common names" that have been previously registered by others. one of our SME consultancy service is business name registration. what we will do for you:
1. Ensure that your business name is accepted in due time through legitimate means.

2. We will relieve you off the stress of going to and fro the CAC office thrice(this may double if your name is rejected which is a common trend at the CAC).

3. We will help you choose an attractive and imposing business name. a name that relects your core service and is accepted globally, a name that foreigners can relate with which will boost your online transactions.

4. You will also get free consultancy and post transaction support from us. all at a token fee.

however its not compulsory, you can do it yourself and follow the step by step guide stated above. you will excel and succeed. keep following
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 10:35am On Aug 05, 2014
@kenkenny and others posting emails, sorry the free promo is over. order for a business proposal this week and get the list of gsm distributors as bonus. send sms to 0817-932-8162. keep following
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 10:41am On Aug 05, 2014
before we continue lets digress a bit. there are 3mains things you do with money. you either spend it, save it or invest it. if all you do is spend money, poverty will overtake & consume you. its important u build a good saving culture & learn to invest your money because money not invested is money wasted.the best form of investment is in "knowledge" because nobody can take it away from u. for example your parents paid your schools fee or u are paying your child's fees.that is a form of investment which unfortunately we dont really value in this part of the world. having said that it is important to note that academic knowledge is not enough,if it is then professors would be the richest people.you need to acquire "financial intelligence" through reading books,attending training programs & networkn with other biz men.money is a means of exchange & u exchange 3 things for it.a PRODUCT, SERVICE or SKILL so plan to sell a product,render a service or acquire a skill this month.you will succeed ijn.keep following

1 Like

Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by etcme(m): 1:39pm On Aug 05, 2014
goldendiamond: money is a means of exchange & u exchange 3 things for it.a PRODUCT, SERVICE or SKILL so plan to sell a product,render a service or acquire a skill this month.you will succeed ijn.keep following
5-FACTORS TO CONSIDER BEFORE YOU START:
To make money you must exchange 3-things. a
product, a service or a skill but to succeed in any
business, you have to combine these 3-things
stated earlier. sell a PRODUCT that people use
daily, create a good customer SERVICE and
develop your marketing SKILLS. However before you start, there are some factors you need to
consider
1. Availabilty of capital:
20k is enough to start any of these businesses l
will introduce to you shortly. you will generate
income from your neighbours, friends, lecturers,
colleagues, church/mosque members and even
from your parent, inlaws and relatives. you can even start some with less than 20k.
2. Marketing Research:
Do a thorough marketing research to discover
the ones which will be more profitable for you
and prepare to advertise your product verbally
to others and through social and print media. 3. Ability to handle rejection:
Dont be discouraged when some prospects
reject you as people have an attitude of making
jest of others involved with trading and small
businesses. the best way to handle rejection is to
joke about it so u need to develop a good sense of humour to succeed in any business 4. Strong desire to succeed:
you must have a strong will and be driven with a
passion to excel and succeed no matter the odds
or in any unfavourable situation. 4. Discipline for continuity:
most small businesses die due to lack of
discipline of the entrepreneur. some people start
out well with good ideas but when they start
making money, they begin to spend the income
on personal items instead of re-investing to build the business. so you have to be very disciplined
to grow and excel. 5. Open a business account:
It could be a savings or current account
depending on your capability. all income from
the business should go into this account. dont
retain an ATM card for this account to avoid
frequent wihtdrawals.
God Bless our efforts!
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by etcme(m): 1:41pm On Aug 05, 2014
goldendiamond:

tanx for the response. due to demand of some followers pls post the gsm recharge card printing manual that I posted b4 the data loss. really appreciate you. keep following
Sorry Sir, I could'nt save beyound the bulk sms teachings due to some factors.
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by etcme(m): 2:44pm On Aug 05, 2014
Nairalandi: op..what i need is to have my own bulksms site .but the explorersms ar not replying their mail or calls.how do i get a good company that can do it for me..thanks
To get explorersms platform, use xwireless.net. They re d owner
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by abuomaIV(m): 3:02pm On Aug 05, 2014
ifymakor@gmail.com
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by NotNairalandi(m): 3:11pm On Aug 05, 2014
etcme:
To get explorersms platform, use xwireless.net. They re d owner
thanks boss!
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by fulloflife: 4:10pm On Aug 05, 2014
Thank you sir for all these information. You are so wonderful.I sent you a mail but you did'nt reply.Please what packages can i add to my computer school to increase drive: I teach applications/graphics packages to mostly school leavers. You also talked about some sites you advertised the land you sold, please can you mention them? God bless you and all yours in IJN
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 7:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
@fulloflife
sorry for that.I always like to respond here for the benefit of others.I dont know how you designed your "training programs" but the best approach is to create different modules with short durations & for specific people because most people dont have time for long duration training.focus on software applications with short duration(3months or less).
1. create BASIC & ADVANCED courses:
* basic course will be (windows intro,
msword, msexcel, mspowerpoint).
* advanced will be (internet technology, software installation, coreldraw, mspublisher etc)
2. create packages for secretaries(one month on window intro & msword)
3. create packages for corpers & ssce holders(basic & advanced course stated above)
4. create packages for civil servants(basic course)
5. create packages for retirees(basic course)
6. create short programs on a single software.circulate handbills & use radio if u can afford it.For land sales post on nairaland but its better to use Bulksms,Verbal & Network with other agents
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 7:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
@NAIRALANDI
etcme is right. xwireless is a link to explorer. keep following
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by goldendiamond(m): 7:20pm On Aug 05, 2014
@ETCME
thank you for posting one of my previous posts "5 FACTORS TO CONSIDER BEFORE YOU START" for the benefits of new members of this thread. others can scroll up to view. really appreciate you. keep following
Re: 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less by Shininstar30(f): 8:28pm On Aug 05, 2014
pls am interested too chidinma119@gmail. com thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (28) (Reply)

Central Bank Starts Uniform Exchange Rate For Naira, Now ₦380 To $1 / CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts / Pics Of Crying Emeka Offor Being Consoled By Dignitaries At His Father's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.