Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,739 members, 7,809,832 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) (26330 Views)

The Dining Table - A Poem By Gbanabom Hallowell / LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
Temmytayo20: Nice updates.. Wishin u success in ur forthcoming examination
thanz ma'am
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
popeshemoo: dont mind goodydogood......we know eachoda too well
Oooo I know nooooo
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
dammygoody: Don't mind that pope oo, his case is in my file..
ol lait
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Dorisbest(f): 4:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Dorisbest(f): 4:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
Thanks alot for the dedication.
I guess Peace will soon meet her waterloo.
Bravo Divepen
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by lenmafon: 4:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
@divepen thanks 4 the dedication am very grateful. pls what kind of exams last 4 3wks? just being curious,hope u no go vex.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by jaymomma(f): 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
Divepen: Bettybold(f), pres01,deeyor(f), jaymomma(f) abeg comment before u eat and go...if e bad...talk am...Na d way persin go improve b dat
boladex1... Thanx alot..

I think my update will take longer...because I have a writer that wants to join Nairaland so i ahve to see if she is now able to join but sha expect update before ten..
Thanx for understandin me, a mortal man

Lyk d suspence in this story
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
lenmafon: @divepen thanks 4 the dedication am very grateful. pls what kind of exams last 4 3wks? just being curious,hope u no go vex.
it is our normal Unibadan exam...
We have three weeks for it.. The time and space given made it 3 weeks
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
Dorisbest:
U r wlecome ma'am, thanx for d comment.
jaymomma:
Lyk d suspence in this story
thanx aloy
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by popeshemoo(m): 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2014
which case Which file taaaah kuro nbe ......thats it nyc nd tight
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by lopeoba(f): 11:08pm On Aug 27, 2014
Divepen: I want to say, a very big thank you to the following people for accepting my proposal (Lol)

Larrysun
sammyhoe
Audreytimms
Princesa
prettyspicey
Davep
Texanomaly
Queenxstar
Flakkydagirl
Tiffanyj
missyhorlar
Timpaker
Dorisbest
TheRock555
Royver
Ladywriter
Dygeasy
Dammygoody

and to the following People I've sent you a message, and If I do not see a reply before next week friday, I would agree you do not love the Idea...
Rapmike
Oma4u
Kayemjay

but I will be calling on the following People again, and if I do not see your email, I would also believe you are busy and will have littlw time to handle whatever my message would be..
TemitopeDaniel
Firestar
Spicyeve
Justiceenam
Noble4d
Tpia5
Adebayoomolara
Lorlaahlorzz

each time I see this it gets me thinking what is Divepen cooking up.....just hoping it's gonna be a bomb.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by LordRazor1(m): 4:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
kayemjay:

My email is kelvinmania@yahoo.com

Thank you.
sorry, I wanna ask, is dere any reason u nid ma email?
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by phaphyz05(m): 4:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
LordRazor1: sorry, I wanna ask, is dere any reason u nid ma email?
lemme guess online Soka tinz.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by princesssusan(f): 8:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
Divepen:
tanx ma'am
eh en...
I av bn unbanned
anti spammmm bot warn ya sef
Gud to av u bk n tnx 4 d update. As 4 dos anti warreva dey beta tk dia tym o
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by edwife(f): 10:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
smiley
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 29, 2014
popeshemoo: which case Which file taaaah kuro nbe ......thats it nyc nd tight
thanx baba
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
Chapter 29
On the night of the meeting, she was dressed in a black turtle-neck polo, a black Jeans, and a black coat that was their dress code for every season.
The meeting was going to hold at a very big hotel. Before that time, she had gone to scout, and to know how to get to the hotel because she was going there in the night, and was not ready to ask for direction from anyone.
She drove out of her compound at exactly 10:30pm, as she got out of her car, to lock the gate, she noticed that a car also started at the end of the street, and was coming towards her, very slowly.
Since it was not her concern, she drove off not minding that the car seems to be following.
Of all the People expected at the meeting, she was sure to see many policemen, Doctors, Lawyer, and the rest, but she knew cleaners and Gatemen were not going to be there, she was not sure there was any reason.
When she got off the major road, she noticed that a car was following her, so, she increased her speed, but when the light of the car went off, she sighed and slowed down.
Since, the streetlights were not on, she could not see the car again, neither did she know who it was in. She hit herself with her left hand, when she discovered her hands were shaking.
What was she afraid of? What if the driver also stay on the same street?
She did not honk twice like she do with their company's gateman, Audu, before the gate opened.
Immediately, she came out of her Hotel, her mind went to all those Pictures of heaven, she used to see in the Jehovah witnesses materials, she opened her mouth widely, she sniffed in the air to enjoy the scent of the compound. She wondered how she did not notice the height of the company the first time she came, it was as tall as a mango tree- mango trees are never short- the compound was adorned with beautiful green flowers, that makes the compound look heavenly, especially when the lights from the white bulbs (surronding the Hotel) shone on them. The floor was made of tiles.
As she stepped into the hotel, she knew what it meant to be rich. She had tried to get things she sees in Paula's or Bimpe's home into her home also, just to beautify, her home.
'Good evening', she greeted the receptionist, wondering why it still have to be evening, when they are already in the night, it should be 'good night'.
' Good evening, ma', the tarny receptionist replied, smiling brightly, 'What can I do for you, ma?'
' Erm...', she presented the card that was placed in the letter, she received, to the receptionist.
'Oh... Take the Elevator, to the top floor, you will meet people that will direct you there'.
This surprised Peace, she wondered if the receptionist is now part of them? When she got there, she truly met people that directed her to a very large conference room.
After exchanging pleasantaries and the rest, she decided to rest for the vigil-meeting that will start by 1pm.
By 12:30 pm, some ladies dressed like air hostess, and were smelling good- the fragrance of their body spray can make people behave like a dog sniffing for cocaine. Peace noticed these ladies were waking people that were sleeping, in preparation for the meeting. These ladies presented a cup of hot coffee to everyone around.
When Peace nose caught coffee, she opened her eyes.
'Please, how often will this coffee be served', she asked the lady that came to give her the coffee, whispering. At other meetings, they bring chops for anyone that want to eat, and other things, but bring coffee, every one and a half hour, and that made Peace angry sometimes because she love coffee, although, Ayo had warned her several times against taking it, but she always feel drawn to it.
'Every one hour', the waitress said.
'Good', Peace said sharply, nodding her head; this made the waitress smile as she left.
'The meeting is about to start, let everybody find their seat', a young man announced.
Everybody's name were always placed at the table.
The cofference room they were to use was like any other hall, but today a table has been placed to replace a pulpit.
By 1pm they started by humming, and chanting. Sometimes, Peace always felt like blanking out.

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
lopeoba:

each time I see this it gets me thinking what is Divepen cooking up.....just hoping it's gonna be a bomb.
lol...
Let's hope
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 29, 2014
LordRazor1: sorry, I wanna ask, is dere any reason u nid ma email?
wel... Dairis God ooo
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 29, 2014
phaphyz05: lemme guess online Soka tinz.
lol..
I wish many can reply d call

Tanx boss,
Rapmike,
Kayemjay
and Oma4u
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 29, 2014
phaphyz05: lemme guess online Soka tinz.
lol..

Tanx boss,
Rapmike,
Kayemjay
and Oma4u

itz still a secret ooo.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
princesssusan:
Gud to av u bk n tnx 4 d update. As 4 dos anti warreva dey beta tk dia tym o
thanx ma'am
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by OMA4U(m): 5:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
Divepen:
lol..

Tanx boss,
Rapmike,
Kayemjay
and Oma4u

itz still a secret ooo.

you say secret? okay..
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
OMA4U:

you say secret? okay..
yes baba...
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Just4yhu(f): 9:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
I finally caught up....thumps up divepen and tnks for being a good friend here
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 30, 2014
Just4yhu: I finally caught up....thumps up divepen and tnks for being a good friend here
u r welcome ma'am
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by LordRazor1(m): 7:22am On Aug 30, 2014
Divepen:
wel... Dairis God ooo
*Smilesss*
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 30, 2014
LordRazor1: *Smilesss*
so wat r u sayin...R u droppin ur email or not
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by popeshemoo(m): 9:02am On Aug 30, 2014
Divepen:
thanx baba
u welkom....one has got to appreciate good work
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by lopeoba(f): 3:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
Divepen:
lol...
Let's hope
really keeping my fingers crossed and patiently waiting
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by princesssusan(f): 4:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
Divingpen where you nah? Its sunday no work n no skul an update will do a magic u neva can tell
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
lopeoba:
really keeping my fingers crossed and patiently waiting
erm...
I was like...let me come and Post...
Exam mode... wen I saw this posts...chineke

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Glory Abah Read 27 Books In January / Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) / Diary Of A Stingy Sex Addict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.