Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (620259 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 22, 2015
xtylux:

Yes you can.

https://app.plum.io/posting/lagos_nigeria_andela_fellow_class_vi.html?pos=497

Pls am sorry, am just hearing about Andela and am very very interested, pls can I still apply??
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by electronic(m): 11:14am On Feb 22, 2015
abkab:

I would love to provide answers to your queries but I am no longer in the ANDELA system so I think @bamoza and @IamGodzilla or @erza should help you. @e is often here and I'm sure he'd answer your questions if he sees this. @e is director of recruitment.
Let me however chip in these few points...
1. Start to think in Naira, you are in Nigeria.
2. You'd get a fixed amount during the training irrespective of the exchange rate of the dollar at that time. At that point, you are a D0 on the skill tree. You would grow from being a D0 to D1 to D2 and so on till you become a ninja.
3. Your pay would continue to rise with your progress on the skill tree. Andela gets about half what similar companies in the US or Canada get for doing same job for their clients probably because they don't trust Africans yet to do same quality of work. That should give you an idea of what would trickle down to you.
4. You have options to choose from after the 4years. You can decide to stay and work with Andela or decide to move to client side and work with some of their clients full time or build your own StartUp (Andela would help you with this also) or do whatever you like.

Can't help you with how lucrative the skills are. Be assured you would become a world class developer if you work at it. By the way, how lucrative is the course you studied at school? grin

Thanks for the reply bro!! Am truly honoured!! cool cool
I like your answers....My course is lucrative thats why am asking these questions Naaa!!! just don't want to make the wrong decision...I just prefer Coding (more Dynamic!! grin )

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dehmohlah(m): 1:12pm On Feb 22, 2015
Guys, the Andela home guide are much ooo, i jst concluded the homestudy site. Still have codeacademy HTML, Css and JavaScript to battle. My interview is on wednesday, Is it a must that we must finish it b/4 the interview?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by udswagz: 2:00pm On Feb 22, 2015
Erza:
just do you. really. they just want to meet you. congrats y'all and good luck in your interviews cheesy

Hi @Erza, we just finished the bootCamp last week friday and i was wondering when do we know who has been
selected for the andela fellowship and also how may candidates are they likely to take ?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by xtylux: 4:32pm On Feb 22, 2015
fdxboss:

Pls am sorry, am just hearing about Andela and am very very interested, pls can I still apply??

Check apply.andela.co
Not sure they are recruiting at the mo
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dehmohlah(m): 9:49am On Feb 23, 2015
Na whao, why everywhere just silent like this
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Erza: 11:00am On Feb 23, 2015
udswagz:

Hi @Erza, we just finished the bootCamp last week friday and i was wondering when do we know who has been
selected for the andela fellowship and also how may candidates are they likely to take ?

if I'm to guess, they'd probably resume next week or in the next two weeks
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Erza: 11:01am On Feb 23, 2015
fdxboss:

no need to worry @fdxboss
Andela posts application very frequently. just keep checking the site smiley
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by circular(m): 1:24pm On Feb 23, 2015
I scheduled my interview for Wednesday by 12 noon. For those of you that I've gone through the process before, what are the likely questions to expect in the interview?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by jeffoe(m): 6:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
Circular I attended d interview today they didn't ask anything I.T related, the woman with an american accent forgotten her name was friendly. The question where just about oneself and what one knows(info) about d program, she just was explaining d program too me she also asked if one would be commited to the program I said yes but in my mind I told myself it would depend on the welfare package after d program I hope they can pay above 1 million annually, I feel the recruitment would be based on d 2 weeks booty camp and not on d interview. The place is a nice place saw some of there trainee making presentation.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dehmohlah(m): 6:42pm On Feb 23, 2015
jeffoe:
Circular I attended d interview today they didn't ask anything I.T related, the woman with an american accent forgotten her name was friendly. The question where just about oneself and what one knows(info) about d program, she just was explaining d program too me she also asked if one would be commited to the program I said yes but in my mind I told myself it would depend on the welfare package after d program I hope they can pay above 1 million annually, I feel the recruitment would be based on d 2 weeks booty camp and not on d interview. The place is a nice place saw some of there trainee making presentation.

No question about the home study curiculum? did you go with your laptop?, do we really need to go with it?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by jeffoe(m): 8:57pm On Feb 23, 2015
dehmohlah:

No question about the home study curiculum? did you go with your laptop?, do we really need to go with it?
I went with my laptop they didn't use it, the guy who was first interviewed also didn't go in with the laptop, but just go with it should in case, we where the first set (monday) no question about the home study curicullum, I read only a little of the stuff, I advice u read d stuff sha, should in the case,
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dehmohlah(m): 9:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
jeffoe:
I went with my laptop they didn't use it, the guy who was first interviewed also didn't go in with the laptop, but just go with it should in case, we where the first set (monday) no question about the home study curicullum, I read only a little of the stuff, I advice u read d stuff sha, should in the case,
Thanks Jare, am almost through with it sha. i pray same thing occur during our own set too on wesday.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dehmohlah(m): 6:05pm On Feb 24, 2015
what's up with you guyz that did interview today: any gist?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Sirolad(m): 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2015
Team Wednesday, any update.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dehmohlah(m): 12:10am On Feb 26, 2015
Sirolad:
Team Wednesday, any update.
No technical question, just about yourself. I diddnt go with my laptop. it was sweet, though the interviewer is friendly. For me, its a nice place to work.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Sirolad(m): 2:48pm On Feb 26, 2015
Thanks. Will be there tomorrow , God willing.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by circular(m): 4:00pm On Feb 26, 2015
fdxboss:
guyz, can i still apply now? if yes, kindly post the link and if no, when likely is the next application form come out
Class VII application is ongoing
https://app.plum.io/posting/lagos_nigeria_andela_fellow_class_vii.html?pos=505
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by jeffoe(m): 5:14pm On Feb 26, 2015
Has anyone being invited for the boot camp,
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dehmohlah(m): 7:03pm On Feb 26, 2015
jeffoe:
Has anyone being invited for the boot camp,

Guy, cool down now, the interview ended today. I guess the boot camp invitation will start rolling in next week
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by danvery2k6(m): 7:46pm On Feb 26, 2015
thanks guys. I missed class V and VI. I am so not missing VII
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by SeraSera(m): 8:08pm On Feb 26, 2015
dehmohlah:

Guy, cool down now, the interview ended today. I guess the boot camp invitation will start rolling in next week

Interview ended today?? Mine is scheduled for tomorrow.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Icecream4U(m): 11:59pm On Feb 26, 2015
^^ Lol grin
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by EdDave(m): 10:28am On Feb 27, 2015
@serasera,
Wat time today? Mine was 10am. Jst got shifted to 1pm.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by SeraSera(m): 12:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
EdDave:
@serasera,
Wat time today? Mine was 10am. Jst got shifted to 1pm.

Mine's 3:45pm.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Sirolad(m): 3:16pm On Feb 27, 2015
drilled.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by loodba: 4:29pm On Feb 27, 2015
Now that interview is over, when should we be expecting the next invite for bootcamp?...how long does it take after interview...any1 pls
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by onyeezy: 9:30am On Feb 28, 2015
i have done my interview but who else thinks we should have been practically tested as well
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Pffft: 10:06am On Feb 28, 2015
onyeezy:
i have done my interview but who else thinks we should have been practically tested as well
Did u school in DELSU?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Icecream4U(m): 1:05pm On Feb 28, 2015
onyeezy:
it is just an interview. Don't worry. You will soon be practically, intellectually, and focusly tested for two weeks. wink
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by onyeezy: 4:44pm On Feb 28, 2015
Pffft:

Did u school in DELSU?
Yea do I know you
?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by onyeezy: 4:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
Icecream4U:
it is just an interview. Don't worry. You will soon be practically, intellectually, and focusly tested for two weeks. wink
Oh great! Wouldn't that be nice

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.