Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,749 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? (2105 Views)

Guys Beware: Too Many Runs Girls Nowadays. / Top 8 Lies Told By Ladies Of Nowadays / Why Do Ladies Of Nowadays HIDE Their MEN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by johnstar(m): 2:05am On Jul 10, 2014
Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by johnstar(m): 2:07am On Jul 10, 2014
decode55: so what would you like us to do about it?

Should we start dancing shoki? undecided
undecided.... Kidsa
Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by Nobody: 2:29am On Jul 10, 2014
MadCow1: @Angel.. You want to see proof that you are part of the generation my generation considers as rotten? Look at the amount of juvenile abbreviations contained in both your post and that of the OP.. grin My generation considers this short text writing style adopted by the present generation to be responsible for the decline in literary skills of the present generation. grin

Remember my very first advice about finger pointing? Go figure..

#TeamOldSchool..
permit me just point out sometins before i move on. My dear friend....u av a very odd way of talking...i will nt begin to talk about whether or not u are older, as u claim bt before i proceed, there is need for me to point out dt i am nt 19 or 29 (like Kevin...just incase dt is wat u are tinking...nt like i care less) and dt i abbreviate my words is nt rily a point. u presently do tins dt originate with d present generation...does nt make u (i suppose) of dis generation, does it? So, am nt so sure why abbreviations should be prove of age. Am nt saying it is right, am just saying its nt a prove..bt my dear...think wat u may....like i said earlier, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. U are probably nt young bt u still av a lot to learn. U need to be more matured and, most importantly, to be humble....one who claims to be would nt reply every single post dt lashes back at him or contradicts his opinion.....u make ur point, accept others and move on and nt stay on to exchange every single word thrown at u like u are doing with Kevin. U claim u av a better way of making correction bt u are getting it wrong urself. If u wanted to correct the 'older generation' (as u call it), all u needed to do was state it simply, sometin like 'The manner and form by which u correct this younger ones is wrong.... 'and so on, state why and the correction would av been taken. U are trying to correct people about d way dy correct others and u are nt showing d right way urself, dis is part of wat i tried to point out initially bt u got carried away by trying to prove urself to all and sundry...Kevin is young and u don't want to waste ur time with him, yet he has made effort to start a topic and talk about dis, i dont knw u, u may av done sometin about it and if u av nt, is all u do lash out? anyway, good luck with dt....am moving on. @Kevin, if u are rily 19, i will still like to commend u for even seeing dt d society is nt totally well and sometin needs and should be done about it. Am nt saying u can correct it, u can only try, first, living by example then u can discuss amongst ur peers and do d best u can...then leave d rest for God....we all look for a way forward, if as 'Madcow' says... its d fault of the 'older generation' dt d present ones are like dy are...then we all fold our hands...error! let's nt just stand and point hands, make corrections...starting with Us! ciao.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by Nobody: 2:29am On Jul 10, 2014
MadCow1: @Angel.. You want to see proof that you are part of the generation my generation considers as rotten? Look at the amount of juvenile abbreviations contained in both your post and that of the OP.. grin My generation considers this short text writing style adopted by the present generation to be responsible for the decline in literary skills of the present generation. grin

Remember my very first advice about finger pointing? Go figure..

#TeamOldSchool..
Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by MadCow1: 6:26am On Jul 10, 2014
Angelmay: permit me just point out sometins before i move on. My dear friend....u av a very odd way of talking...i will nt begin to talk about whether or not u are older, as u claim bt before i proceed, there is need for me to point out dt i am nt 19 or 29 (like Kevin...just incase dt is wat u are tinking...nt like i care less) and dt i abbreviate my words is nt rily a point. u presently do tins dt originate with d present generation...does nt make u (i suppose) of dis generation, does it? So, am nt so sure why abbreviations should be prove of age. Am nt saying it is right, am just saying its nt a prove..bt my dear...think wat u may....like i said earlier, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. U are probably nt young bt u still av a lot to learn. U need to be more matured and, most importantly, to be humble....one who claims to be would nt reply every single post dt lashes back at him or contradicts his opinion.....u make ur point, accept others and move on and nt stay on to exchange every single word thrown at u like u are doing with Kevin. U claim u av a better way of making correction bt u are getting it wrong urself. If u wanted to correct the 'older generation' (as u call it), all u needed to do was state it simply, sometin like 'The manner and form by which u correct this younger ones is wrong.... 'and so on, state why and the correction would av been taken. U are trying to correct people about d way dy correct others and u are nt showing d right way urself, dis is part of wat i tried to point out initially bt u got carried away by trying to prove urself to all and sundry...Kevin is young and u don't want to waste ur time with him, yet he has made effort to start a topic and talk about dis, i dont knw u, u may av done sometin about it and if u av nt, is all u do lash out? anyway, good luck with dt....am moving on. @Kevin, if u are rily 19, i will still like to commend u for even seeing dt d society is nt totally well and sometin needs and should be done about it. Am nt saying u can correct it, u can only try, first, living by example then u can discuss amongst ur peers and do d best u can...then leave d rest for God....we all look for a way forward, if as 'Madcow' says... its d fault of the 'older generation' dt d present ones are like dy are...then we all fold our hands...error! let's nt just stand and point hands, make corrections...starting with Us! ciao.

[b]Now you are seriously cracking me up.

You spend the better part of your short text riddled post attacking me rather than attacking the points raised.. grin

I didn't lash out young lady, I responded objectively.

The OP started a thread that attacked the moral decadence he perceived was eating up the present generation of teens, I responded to him not with attacks, but rather gave him some points to ponder on that he may most likely not have considered in arriving at his conclusion that led to this post. Your very first comment said and I quote 'Stuff like this, you don't say much, you just watch them as they continue to blab', meaning anyone who holds contrary views to yours and that of the OP is blabbing. grin

Like I told you twice already, this is a forum. If you don't want to debate a subject, then don't share your thoughts. Debates are an intellectual exercise meant to strengthen a persons analytical skills. To every topic under the earth, there would be a million ways to approach it. It does not make anyone righter or wronged than the other.

I have a lot to learn and that's the truth, so do you my friend. My education is a daily pursuit, nobody houses all the knowledge in the world. If you lack the skills and or patience to engage a person in a debate, then you should not be on a forum. Lord knows I have learnt a lot from the many debates on diverse topics that I have been engaged in here on Nairaland. Now I advice you take your own advice in this regard and go learn more about the present generation and find out the differences in their culture, society and more that differs from that in which you and I grew up in and try to figure out how these new changes influence their lives and also how you would raise your own kids to navigate these changes without being corrupted as much by it.

Also, the use of short texts has been proven to be responsible for the decline if literary skills of the young generation, you may see nothing wrong with it and like you said, that's your opinion and you are well within your rights to hold them, but your opinion does not translate into a scientific fact.

I even went as far a proffering a solution to what you and your mates who hold this preconception should do about it, somehow you either didn't see it or have rather chosen to ignore that part of my post.

You would do well to ignore my posts if they come across to you as 'lashing out' grin I can't help how a person understands the tone of my post. If you feel you are up for a debate based on points and counterpoints raised, feel free to call on me at anytime as I am always up for an intellectual exercise such as that.

Once again, thanks for sharing. cool
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by dominicsavio(m): 6:46am On Jul 10, 2014
well said
Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 10, 2014
MadCow1:

[b]Now you are seriously cracking me up.

You spend the better part of your short text riddled post attacking me rather than attacking the points raised.. grin

I didn't lash out young lady, I responded objectively.

The OP started a thread that attacked the moral decadence he perceived was eating up the present generation of teens, I responded to him not with attacks, but rather gave him some points to ponder on that he may most likely not have considered in arriving at his conclusion that led to this post. Your very first comment said and I quote 'Stuff like this, you don't say much, you just watch them as they continue to blab', meaning anyone who holds contrary views to yours and that of the OP is blabbing. grin

Like I told you twice already, this is a forum. If you don't want to debate a subject, then don't share your thoughts. Debates are an intellectual exercise meant to strengthen a persons analytical skills. To every topic under the earth, there would be a million ways to approach it. It does not make anyone righter or wronged than the other.

I have a lot to learn and that's the truth, so do you my friend. My education is a daily pursuit, nobody houses all the knowledge in the world. If you lack the skills and or patience to engage a person in a debate, then you should not be on a forum. Lord knows I have learnt a lot from the many debates on diverse topics that I have been engaged in here on Nairaland. Now I advice you take your own advice in this regard and go learn more about the present generation and find out the differences in their culture, society and more that differs from that in which you and I grew up in and try to figure out how these new changes influence their lives and also how you would raise your own kids to navigate these changes without being corrupted as much by it.

Also, the use of short texts has been proven to be responsible for the decline if literary skills of the young generation, you may see nothing wrong with it and like you said, that's your opinion and you are well within your rights to hold them, but your opinion does not translate into a scientific fact.

I even went as far a proffering a solution to what you and your mates who hold this preconception should do about it, somehow you either didn't see it or have rather chosen to ignore that part of my post.

You would do well to ignore my posts if they come across to you as 'lashing out' grin I can't help how a person understands the tone of my post. If you feel you are up for a debate based on points and counterpoints raised, feel free to call on me at anytime as I am always up for an intellectual exercise such as that.

Once again, thanks for sharing. cool
[/b]
yep....i was right...ample waste of my time...so long fella.
Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by MadCow1: 7:43am On Jul 10, 2014
Angelmay: yep....i was right...ample waste of my time...so long fella.

grin

Ofcourse you were right, you didnt expect you to be wrong did you?! grin

Do take care of yourself 'older generation' Kimosabe. cool

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by slex(m): 9:34am On Jul 10, 2014
Madcow1 always making sense. Guess who is liking ur posts. Abeg free that kid. Instead of typing facts he s insulting without saying anything.
Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by MadCow1: 9:41am On Jul 10, 2014
slex: Madcow1 always making sense. Guess who is liking ur posts. Abeg free that kid. Instead of typing facts he s insulting without saying anything.

Slex my Man, I greet you.. cool

Thanks for the likes.. grin Makes my already big head swell even more. grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by dimmydamsel(f): 9:41am On Jul 10, 2014
Angelmay: yep....i was right...ample waste of my time...so long fella.
pls who can teach me how to post on naitaland am new here
Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by slex(m): 9:45am On Jul 10, 2014
MadCow1:

Slex my Man, I greet you.. cool

Thanks for the likes.. grin Makes my already big head swell even more. grin

Nothing do you egbon, more blood to your typing fingers
Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by slex(m): 9:46am On Jul 10, 2014
dimmydamsel: pls who can teach me how to post on naitaland am new here

??

Then what did you just do?
Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 11, 2014
MadCow1:

[b]Lol..

Let me guess, you and the OP belong to one of the older 'better' generation abi?

Now I ask you; WHO RAISED THIS BAD GENERATION YOU SPEAK ILL OF? grin

Be careful how you point fingers at others cos underneath that pointed finger are four others pointed right back at you.

@ OP,

There is no such thing as a bad generation, just a different generation. You may not have chatted on 2go, BBM, Facebook and all that in your younger days and it's not necessarily because you were such a fantastic kid, it's actually because you didn't have such distractions around in your time. What I have realized is that past generations judge the present based on the standards of measurement used for them in their time and the truth is that nobody from this generation would easily pass based on those standards.

This generation is not the same as ours. I grew up watching cartoons by 4pm (when you are lucky to have NTA or your local station open on schedule and NEPA was available), today a child can watch cartoons at 3a.m in the morning cos the cartoons are 24hrs. I doubt my kid brother knows the meaning of NTA. grin I didn't have Facebook, but we had street ball, rolling tires, playing Police and Thief, Hide and seek, flying kites, wheel and spokes, early morning pepper soup, reading mills and boom, Hints, playing squares, etc.. Somehow, you will never see this as being as bad as Fcaebook and com but go ask the generation that preceded yours how irresponsible it was to see you running the streets rolling tyres or playing ball. grin if anything, I would even say this generation of younglings are faced with a much more difficult situation than we ever did.

O! Today's youths are walking around in skimpy outfits, in the 70's the complaint was the disco culture, the 90's was the baggy clothes culture, the 2000's was the sagging. You see that we will keep changing as time goes on?

Trends and times are going to change, you either adapt to the change or stick with what you know, but whatever you do, try not to be overly judgmental.

Remember, in Adam and Eves time, walking around N-aked was trending. grin

Better figure out a way to manage your kids in this very very complicated and fast-moving era, cos wether you like it or not, this is their generation and they must live it.[/b]
Nice one. Following u speedily.

(1) (2) (Reply)

On Jude Okoye Cheating On His New Preggers Wife / 6 Things Guys Do That Girls See As Creepy / Wish Five Romancelanders Happy New Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.