Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,365 members, 7,822,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here - Career (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here (119128 Views)

Offshore, Oil And Gas Industry - Disaster. / Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary / Do You Want Be To An Offshore Oil Rig Worker? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by temi4fash(m): 8:48am On Aug 12, 2014
ibkgab001: Now I see more reasons why God is against you people despite been blessed with more resources your Parents wandering around the street to get 1 tin cup of Garri to survive ... Hold on to your God vengeane there is always a way for us who trust and have Faith in Him
are u sure everything is alright..

1 Like

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by IdJack(m): 9:40am On Aug 12, 2014
FOR ALL OFFSHORE WORKERS KUDOS...GOD WILL BLESS YOU MORE n MORE. if you are interested in the industry ....you need to put more work, study and search for the job. you will see one

Good luck
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by seagullbabz(m): 9:48am On Aug 12, 2014
Una well done oooo, everyone is saying its risky, its lonely, not good for family, and una no gree comot there, make me self enter there come dey complain like una o, when i knw say enuff millions dey settle for account...But nwaiz all jobs have their risks, just that some are higher than the others, but if your job pays well to cover the risks involved, then i guess thats nice, because i know some risky jobs without good pay...

Abeg show us the way to follow enter chop this oyeeel money too oooo....

5 Likes

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by segzysexy(m): 11:01am On Aug 12, 2014
Wiinnd: chai.. May be dey sent me mail too oo. And my mail don block.
have u comfirm ur mail?
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 12, 2014
Reading through this thread, I'm sure even Seun is considering leaving his nairalanding career to join big boys in the oil league. Everybody wan chop oil money. Hahahahahah.

1 Like

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Alleybuy(m): 11:40am On Aug 12, 2014
Mistake 1. U r an engineer first and a petroleum engineer second.

Engineers are known for solving problems viz improvising.

My advice is this, find any job that will act as a bridge to achieving ur goals. Any job at all and keep doing it while advancing your skills and attending training courses.

Finally, most petroleum engineers do jobs that are either chemical, mechanical or elect elect inclined in our oil fields. Start somewhere dude, most have been through this phase and it sure would pass. cool

bigcycs: Any advice for a petroleum engineer seeking an oil and gas job? Like trainings that can boost ones chances as well as where to do this trainings in Nigeria , I am a petroleum engineer got my 2,1 degree way back in 2010 and served in 2012
.. been unlucky not to be able to land a job since after service 3rd year counting and needless to say I am in my late twenties so I kind of feel like age is no more on my side. I've attempted dozens of job exams and never gotten past the first stage , maybe I ain't smart enough or maybe I need to chart a different course to achieve my goals.
There are a cocktail of certification courses and all seem to offer potential to a job seeker but due to the pausity of funds I will appreciate if someone experienced advices me on the best possible course of action to take at this time.
I did get the stcw at chakins ph cuz a friend advices me he could link me up with a job if I had that but yeah it never happened so that certificate is as good as useless to me now .
I see there are a lot of guys in here who have worked offshore for a long time and I believe someone can drop info that will come in handy

Unemployment is a really bad thing to happen to a man and I believe it has driven me to the edge and right now I don't know what gives me the drive to keep going forward it has shown me the two extremes. Extreme dissapointment that nearly drives one to depression as well as extreme determination to succeed nonetheless and I believe it's this determination that has kept me going so far it might sound untrue to many but the money has never been my motivation, it has always been a side attraction when I think of working in the oil and gas industry it's the passion for the activities , anytime I come across a thread like this ,I feel like yeah this is what I want but can't have. I feel like contributing meaningfully but have nothing meaningful to say so I sit back and gobble down testimonies of others .. crazy right ?

The fact remains my goal right from time has always been to become a successful petroleum engineer and this has eluded me up until now

I need help /advice ..anybody feels touched enough to drop me a hint I will appreciate . Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by davide470(m): 12:39pm On Aug 12, 2014
nomabeeee: beautiful nurses ehh..ur wife mxt hear this..lol
I am very single smiley
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by ibkgab001: 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
Oga free me and pack well
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by segzysexy(m): 2:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
davide470: I am very single smiley
i sent u a private mail pls i need ur reply
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
RedBenson: Guys please enlighten me on this. I know Oceanographers work in oil rigs. What are really thier main duties there? Do they work as divers? If not, what are also the real work of divers?

Oga osama10, wiinnd, david...etc, abeg make una reply. Thanks.

No responses were given to this. Pls treat it as crucial. Thanks.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 12, 2014
GODAKPAN: I WORK OFFSHORES, I SMILE ONCE A MONTH AND THATS ON PAY DAY. FOLKS DONT BE DECEIVED, IT AINT ALL ROSY LIKE THEY CLAIM. HOME IS HOME, I INTEND QUITING AFTER TEN YEARS. THERE IS THIS TRAIN THAT MAJORITY THAT RETIRE AFTER OVER THIRTY YEARS DIE WITHIN FEW YEARS BECAUSE OF ACCUMULATED STRESS AND ILL DIETS THATS DIFFICULT TO SUSTAIN AFTER REITREMENT. B.I.G SAID IT ALL, THE MORE MONEY YOU MAKE THE MORE PROBLEMS YOU WILL SEE.

ayen eka, abadie?
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by davide470(m): 3:29pm On Aug 12, 2014
@RedBenson, Oceanographers basically have less stuffs to do with deep offshore, say swamps and shallow offshore zones, that is, if the company actually cares about using an oceanographer. They basically work with support vessels, or other sea fearing companies. Oil and Gas sector should be among the last in your list.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by uzoexcel(m): 5:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
why is that guy always chasing u sef?
trendiitee:
No be u I dey find?? Jealous of wetin sef
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by trendiitee(f): 5:23pm On Aug 12, 2014
uzoexcel: why is that guy always chasing u sef?
ask him nw ***winks***

2 Likes

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by uzoexcel(m): 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2014

trendiitee: ask him nw ***winks***
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 12, 2014
davide470: @RedBenson, Oceanographers basically have less stuffs to do with deep offshore, say swamps and shallow offshore zones, that is, if the company actually cares about using an oceanographer. They basically work with support vessels, or other sea fearing companies. Oil and Gas sector should be among the last in your list.

Thanks for ur reply though, not like i was aiming at something...only asked a question to find out the importance of oceanographers in oil and gas. Why i asked is because that will be my second degree (excluding OND and certificates). Actually, i am a graduate of geology...still fighting to break into the oil and gas. Thanks for your reply all the same.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
trendiitee: ask him nw ***winks***

Itoro, abadie?
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by mayor999: 6:16pm On Aug 12, 2014
upengineer: Yes, i work on one of the FPSOs you listed. You are really vast with FPSO names. As regards babes visiting, well on my FPSO, babes cant visit. Reason been the remoteness of the location and the distance. My location is deep water, Gulf of Guinea. Maybe other locations or BARGES but on a FPSO, i think no. But i stand to be corrected. Drills are normal, no special thing about it. It can happen anytime. Entry Qualification depends on the job you are coming in for and that is determined by the HR. There are different jobs for different people depending on where you belong. There is marine department, there we have 2nd officers, deck hands, riggers e.t.c to welders, to painters to galley hands. Though the galley (canteen) is handled by a third party company to Rope Access guys. Sure, there is job for everybody. Though, am in operations sha. I think i have answered some funny questions
broda these rope guys how well is their pay and
which department do they fall under & lastly
are they in oil servicing or producing.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by modewap: 8:26pm On Aug 12, 2014
Wiinnd: Production Engineering stands on it own. Under prd.engine, u have Manufacturing and Industrial. Mechanical to me,falls under manufacturing engineering,cox it involves Design and fabrication. While industrial deals with management of people/engineer in d industry. Industrial also involves operation research,i.e looking 4 better means of carry out tasks and jobs without compromising the Standards. In other news,production Engineering is the mother of all engineering,cos it encompasses all engineering.I stand to be corrected
thanks sir, salamso96 post explain your write up more. So product engineering is a course studied 300/400level under mechanical. Hope am correct sir?.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by modewap: 9:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
salamso96:

I think mechanical is kind of completely different from productions. same courses might be offered from 100-300level. but theres vivid difference in 400level. Because by then, you get to strictly face what u are studying...

But In a situation where by One does Mechanical Nd product. thats double honour Two in one degree. both its really over load.

In my school, lectures tell the students that 2.1 @ the course is equal to 1st class in any mech eng in any naija university. ATBU is only uni that does such a crazy combo except from Enugu state uni i think. But here is really mad!
cool sir, so mechanical engineering is study from 100-300level while people split in 400level, to either production engineering and the rest? ABTU offers product and mechenical, why is it that is only ABTU that offers that? What about technical university like FUTA, FUTO or FUT-Minna, or (inshort OAU) don't they offer it?
What aspect would you advice a person (considering the econony of our Nation and job opportunity) to go into in a situation whereby your institution offers one unlike ABTU. Thanks sir,
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by chiboy429(m): 9:02pm On Aug 12, 2014
Nice thread,with amazing and educative informations .but before then ,let me ask, what is the hope or stand of physicist in the oil sector/offshore base.do i still need a professional or additional training to fit in? Thank you all
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
RedBenson:

[[b]quote]ayen eka, abadie[/b]?[/
quote]

baba, idioke oooo, nkoh idoho ame andiongho?
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by nomabeeee(f): 10:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
davide470: I am very single smiley
thank ur stars..meanwhile evry male claims to be single on nairaland..God abeg o
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by nomabeeee(f): 10:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
segzysexy: i sent u a private mail pls i need ur reply
Gehn Gehn!!![color=#000099][/color]
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by addictiv(m): 10:24pm On Aug 12, 2014
Evening great engineers and O&G professionals. i am a fresh graduate of petroleum engineering and due for national service by november. my dilemma is that my folks what me to skip service and go for masters maybe a phd in the US and possibly settle down there, but am worried about the ripple effect that would have on my professional career suppose i return to Nigeria in future for an opening. i remember one certain time that the minister of petroleum almost lost her job because of an accusation from the national assembly that she didn't participate in the compulsory one year service. she countered it by providing proof in pictures and discharge certificate. please i would like to know my odds because i feel there are more opportunities for me here than in a foreign land plus i can fast track my career as a professional if i serve here. left for them i ll be shipped off tonight if it where possible, its that serious. advice needed here please
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by joywendy(f): 11:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 13, 2014
GODAKPAN: quote]

baba, idioke oooo, nkoh idoho ame andiongho?

Mudiongho naw. Ayem ntang nte aduho (your residential address)? Lolz.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by upengineer: 3:16pm On Aug 13, 2014
mayor999: broda these rope guys how well is their pay and
which department do they fall under & lastly
are they in oil servicing or producing.
well, i heard that they are paid in dollars, i am not sure because nobody is ready to let you know his salary.
They fall under maintenance
and they fall under oil servicing company
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by nomabeeee(f): 4:19pm On Aug 13, 2014
suwailad: This thread is not a job search zone. I did my 2 weeks at okpono okono oml 119,agip/npdc but that was i.t in 2009 though. I weighed 70kg when i landed on the platform and was 74kg when i left. I still dream of the food, i ate 4 times a day, never missed tea breaks, snacks, indian food, turkish, persian delicacies etc.lord, my plate was always full.i spent more time in the shower enjoying the company of adjustable hot and cold shower/mini jac.which was very therapeutic. It was then i knew dstv had some real poorn channels,that was my fav.channel tongue. I had a white friend mr terry,funny guy.many good experiences.no time to sulk over the past.
only you..a descriptive essay indeed
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by nomabeeee(f): 4:24pm On Aug 13, 2014
addictiv: Evening great engineers and O&G professionals. i am a fresh graduate of petroleum engineering and due for national service by november. my dilemma is that my folks what me to skip service and go for masters maybe a phd in the US and possibly settle down there, but am worried about the ripple effect that would have on my professional career suppose i return to Nigeria in future for an opening. i remember one certain time that the minister of petroleum almost lost her job because of an accusation from the national assembly that she didn't participate in the compulsory one year service. she countered it by providing proof in pictures and discharge certificate. please i would like to know my odds because i feel there are more opportunities for me here than in a foreign land plus i can fast track my career as a professional if i serve here. left for them i ll be shipped off tonight if it where possible, its that serious. advice needed here please
long talk..better go for service first then u can continue wt ur career wherever and however..dnt hv much reasons to give u..but this is the best I can say.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by mayor999: 5:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
upengineer:
well, i heard that they are paid in dollars, i am not sure because nobody is ready to let you know his salary.
thanks man!...
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by mayor999: 5:12pm On Aug 13, 2014
upengineer:
thanks man!...pls tel me mo about them if u got more ideas about them..am thankful

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply)

Woman Caught Having Sex During Zoom Meeting: Pics & Video / Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 / Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.