Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,637 members, 7,840,546 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

An Open Letter To Mikel Obi - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / An Open Letter To Mikel Obi (35767 Views)

Twitter Reactions To Mikel Obi's Brilliant Display Against Crystal Palace / A Tribute To Mikel Obi - The Irreplaceable Chelsea Midfielder / Is Joel Obi Related To Mikel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Dabbyfab: 3:01pm On Jul 12, 2014
This Mike performance has turned into obsession, even the mods bringing any thread about Mikel to front page are obsessed with him. Move on or get the heck out the road.So op u expect pple to read that "so long a letter"

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Forwetinnah: 3:02pm On Jul 12, 2014
Lordabas:
Dear Mikel,

I’ve just been looking at you… I’ve just sat down in this my corner and I’ve been looking at you and the rubbish that you played in this World Cup. God knows if I had told you what was on my mind before now, FIFA would have banned Nigeria from competitive football for at least 5 years.

Before the competition kicked off proper majority of Nigerians believed you would be key to the team’s chances, and if you had a good tournament the team would too. We had some concerns after the first few friendlies in which you played absolute rubbish, but optimistically waved your performances away chalking it down to the non-competitiveness of friendly games.

Oya the World Cup started and it was time to step up to the plate. Apparently you left your plate back on the bench at Chelsea where you have a designated spot complete with a power outlet to charge your phone while the games are played. Against Iran Nigerians cringed to watch you stroll round the midfield like you were the reigning World Footballer of the Year, losing the ball time and time again with your ‘big-man’ passes and over-exposing poor Ogenyi Onazi as you refused to help defend. Okay, maybe it’s because it’s Iran and Mikel will step up against Bosnia, we said. Wishful thinking. We suffered through another lethargic performance in which you were nearly invisible and we saw more of the linesmen than your otu arse. Thank God for Osaze and Emenike, two of our standout performers at the competition for combining sweetly and bagging the goal that won the game for us. Their excellent performances overshadowed your disappointing showing. Osaze, a 32-year old player was running his lungs out that day while Mikel, reportedly 27 years old (although we know better) was walking about the middle of the park like he was at a picnic. We sha won that game without your contribution…

Argentina vs Nigeria. The BIG day! The game we qualified for the World Cup to play! On one hand, we had the MVP of the 2005 U-20 World Cup Leo Messi and on the other we had the MVP runner-up in the same competition, Mikel Obi. It was expected that both ‘stars’ would renew their rivalry and influence the game for both their sides…We all saw how the story played out… Messi was in supreme form, scoring two sweet goals while Mikel Obi turned in another anonymous, god-awful performance that must have had Jose Mourinho frantically working the phones to managers of lower-league sides, trying to sell his professional bench-warmer to any club dumb enough to take a gamble on him.

Three games, no Mikel Obi… Unlike 2005 where he and Taiye Taiwo (who was 3rd most valuable player) were old men bullying their juniors and forming stars, Mikel was competing in a tournament of his mates and was brutally exposed as a lazy player whose style of play was a big minus to his team. Remember that Messi is supposed to be your ‘mate’ o, but in terms of achievements he has completely dwarfed the hell out of you since your breakout tournament in 2005.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ....good gracious!!!!. NAIRALANDERS are wicked!! Write another one for Yobo too..his retirement wouldnt make him escape his blunder at the WC

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by C0llynzO2: 3:02pm On Jul 12, 2014
I laughed my heads off when some guys were talking about Mikel improving few days ago.
Mikel will not improve again, the only way for him from now onwards is DOWN!
If he couldn't improve after 8 years of playing with Chelsea under different coaches, together with different set of players, there is absolutely no hope for him.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by coded01: 3:02pm On Jul 12, 2014
Kano pillars straight... grin grin grin
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by FreeWill01: 3:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
Onazi for number 10!!!!

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by safarigirl(f): 3:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
dontjealousme:

U no sabi read again? I don commot here, Safari i thought u where a football expert but u don fall my hand. Babatunde indeed and u wonder how Nigeria crashed out of the world cup?

If Babatunde that can't play a full match is the best Nigeria can produce for the world cup. What are ur Nigeria chances against players like Messi?

Fast exit from the world stage. I rest my case.
never said he's the best we could produce, but he performed very well.

The guy had a broken arm, he will not die because of ingrates. After all even if he scores 3 goals in the WC, tomorrow you lot will say he's talentless because he had a bad AFCON tournament
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by dontjealousme: 3:12pm On Jul 12, 2014
safarigirl: never said he's the best we could produce, but he performed very well.
The guy had a broken arm, he will not die because of ingrates. After all even if he scores 3 goals in the WC, tomorrow you lot will say he's talentless because he had a bad AFCON tournament

Maybe i can't read. Who said this?
"Babatunde was one of our best players in Brazil"
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by 50calibre(m): 3:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
I've said it before, Chelsea retaining Mikel after all these years, has to be the 9th wonder of the world.

The guy should be shipped off to a lower division side like Blackpool or Plymouth.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by safarigirl(f): 3:17pm On Jul 12, 2014
dontjealousme:

Maybe i can't read. Who said this?
you have a comprehension problem.

"One of the best" isn't "the best"

"Suarez is one of the best players in the world" isn't same as "Suarez is the best player in the world"
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by BecaciaBarbie(f): 3:18pm On Jul 12, 2014
3 words for you- YOU ARE JOBLESS!!!

How can a man sit down to type this epistle for somone who is busy counting his millions weekly...and you are here ranting nonsense!!! GET A LIFE AND A JOB!!!
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Truckpusher(m): 3:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
I have always loved this Mikel just the way I love Chelsea but just to say that Mikel is an unpatriotic deluded fellow with nonsense pride during this world cup is an understatement.The dude fuccked up full time.
We should just forgive and pray he plays often because sitting on the bench all the time can affect someone's psyche and ability to bounce back is usually as result of motivation and not open letters.

I still believe in him. tongue

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by vanstanzy(m): 3:23pm On Jul 12, 2014
Mikel lost it all when he allowed false pride creep into his block-head after the 2005 tournament. When he was been hailed to high heavens and even big clubs were gunning for his service, but what did he do instead, he was playing ping-pong with them. PRIDE COMETH BEFORE A FALL!
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by dontjealousme: 3:24pm On Jul 12, 2014
safarigirl: you have a comprehension problem.
"One of the best" isn't "the best"
"Suarez is one of the best players in the world" isn't same as "Suarez is the best player in the world"

Let me get this right? BabaTunde is not the best?
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Herrmes: 3:30pm On Jul 12, 2014
Hahahaha, Is this even a letter? But anyway you're saying the truth
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by C0llynzO2: 3:30pm On Jul 12, 2014
Truckpusher: I have always loved this Mikel just the way I love Chelsea but just to say that Mikel is an unpatriotic deluded fellow with nonsense pride during this world cup is an understatement.The dude fuccked up full time.
We should just forgive and pray he plays often because sitting on the bench all the time can affect someone's psyche and ability to bounce back is usually as result of motivation and not open letters.

I still believe in him. tongue
Mikel isn't unpatriotic, he is just useless!
He plays even worse for Chelsea, what will you call that?
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by kolamilan(m): 3:32pm On Jul 12, 2014
safarigirl: I won't read your jargons for now, cuz that's what it is- jargons. Expect my reply soon enough. grin

And to all those senseless mods promoting the Mikel hate, pushing every nonsensical bullsh-t some re-tarded im-becile posts to FP, diaris God..

Like I said, reply loading and make e no reach FP, una go see
madame are you related to mr snail ?

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by 50calibre(m): 3:32pm On Jul 12, 2014
BecaciaBarbie: 3 words for you- YOU ARE JOBLESS!!!

How can a man sit down to type this epistle for somone who is busy counting his millions weekly...and you are here ranting nonsense!!! GET A LIFE AND A JOB!!!

Shut up!! little tw*at

Everything isn't about money, representing your country is about passion, pride and patriotism not money.

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Adexchelsea19(m): 3:33pm On Jul 12, 2014
iwonbaoko: Mikel is not entirely to blame. Nigeria wanted him to develop as a 10 but Mourinho wants him as a 4. A replacement to Makelele and because of Lampard he was not given the opportunity as a 10. He should learn from the likes of Pogba. Mikel moved to Chelsea very young before his education was complete on very high wages and I think that killed his hungr and desire to improve. Now he is confused whether to play as a 4 or a 10. With hindsight it is clear Chelsea was not the right club for him. I would advise that he moves to a club like Liverpool or ManU Arsenal or go to Germany. He is still talented and just needs to work with the right coach.Mourinho can be a talent killer as we saw with Robben who would be telling the same story if he stayed at Chelsea.
Now i know you dont know what you are talkin about.Did you even watch robben play in chelsea? For your information,he was sold the same reason madrid sold him and that is injury.He was one of the best players in chelsea then,so dont ever say morinho killed his play
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by JustCurious: 3:53pm On Jul 12, 2014
I don't have an open letter for Mikel Obi. However, I have an open suggestion. cheesy

Dear Mikel, undoubtedly, you are a great footballer. I love your spirit. I could remember vividly your transfer deal from Oslo, Norway. How Man Utd and Chelsea were trying to get a grip of you. Maybe, If you were not good enough, none of these clubs would have shown interest in you. You were our 'new' Okocha, another vibrant player in the making whom we passionately look forward to watching on the play field. 2005 has come and gone and, it's been some 9years!...however, instead of progressing, it seems it's been the other way round for you, as we see you 'struggling' on the field, playing 'amiss' like someone whose STAR has been blurred. I wouldn't know if this has to do with your 'sour' transfer deal. Really, no thanks to your poor manager then, who didn't help you start your professional career on a GOOD, CLEAN note. No thanks. My suggestion is that, you retrace your path and go for some spiritual re-branding, that is, if you understand what I mean :p.

Ma je ki won pa star mo e lara ju..

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by emmasege: 3:56pm On Jul 12, 2014
perfectly on point!!!
Wasn't it this same Mikel whose sterling performance contributed immensely to winning the AFCON trophy and ending the 19-year dought of Super eagles? Everyone (not even players alone) has his high and low moments. However, my candid advice for my compatriot is to leave Chelsea NOW though am a blue fan so as to end his career on a good note because something in me tells me that Mikel has not optimized his potentials. Should his career end like this, he would not only be a disappointment to the nation but also to himself.
zeelo2014: Every player once had a low moment in their career.
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by JMystique(m): 4:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
Mikel killed Mikels career,stop blaming Mourinho.Mikel chose extra 5k salary a week to developing himself as a player,if he had his career in mind he would have never gone to Chelsea.I believe the same thing is gonna happen to this Iheanacho fool who opted to go to City instead of Porto cos of a few more thousand pounds,who does he plan to bench @ City?why would any young player want to go to City?Iin a few years time when his mates are playing regularly for their clubs as better players he'll still be @ City's bench like Mikel @ Chelsea,what's with Ibo boys n quick money sef

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:02pm On Jul 12, 2014
This topic is over discussed.
Mikel has been completely useless after 2013
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Dermie: 4:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
brito: Too long,
Nah!, it's damn interesting. grin
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by yorke1: 4:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
I was actually enjoying your write up until the point where you brought in PDP into it. Op, try get sense next time. APC is th father of riggers!
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Hermanie(m): 4:05pm On Jul 12, 2014
vislabraye: . Tell some people on this forum Mikel is a flop, they'll start showing you his match statistics.

Where the statistics they. Wikipedia does not have any record of an assist by him in chelsea, only the 3 goals he has are the major contribution he has brought to that team since 2006
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Roon9(m): 4:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
Kog45: Mikel again!I'm fed up to read anything on Mikel.Pls try and post this thread to him personally.

Did he post it to ur fadas house abi na winsh de worry ?
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Abasimmodo(f): 4:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
'So long a letter'
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by pat077: 4:20pm On Jul 12, 2014
it's beta to lose to france than to b humilated by d germans. So, make una free d guy.
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by texaco1: 4:24pm On Jul 12, 2014
JideTheBlogger: When you na go free Mikel na? Na only him waka go World cup?
don't mind them. He had a bad outing and I am sure he has learnt his lessons and seen where he needs to improve on . He will bounce back and the annoying part is all the criticisms been heaped on him will not stop him from making his millions .one thing is sure even if he is sold it will be for millions so why won't ppl face their own lives
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Tholuwaniey(m): 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2014
Lordabas: This space is for sell
who was your English teacher?

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by KHAYGOLD(m): 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2014
Nairaland has now become sth else o. I don't even know why I cant log in to replyon any topic via phones. nawa o
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Nicepoker(m): 4:42pm On Jul 12, 2014
safarigirl: I won't read your jargons for now, cuz that's what it is- jargons. Expect my reply soon enough. grin

And to all those senseless mods promoting the Mikel hate, pushing every nonsensical bullsh-t some re-tarded im-becile posts to FP, diaris God..

Like I said, reply loading and make e no reach FP, una go see
another wild animal has spoken

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom State To Unveil 4th Standard Stadium (Photos) / Jadon Sancho Completes £73m Switch To Manchester United From Borussia Dortmund / 'Messi Aigbe' Trending On Nigerian Twitter After Barcelona's Loss To Liverpool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.