Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,834 members, 7,837,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

An Open Letter To Mikel Obi - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / An Open Letter To Mikel Obi (35762 Views)

Twitter Reactions To Mikel Obi's Brilliant Display Against Crystal Palace / A Tribute To Mikel Obi - The Irreplaceable Chelsea Midfielder / Is Joel Obi Related To Mikel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by safarigirl(f): 6:31pm On Jul 12, 2014
ofenmanucom:

Which AFCON tournament? Damn!
do you not know about future tenses? Or did you miss the 'tomorrow' part?
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by jogojogo: 6:32pm On Jul 12, 2014
Snoggy: Oloriburuku!

Mikel will never learn. He's been failing. He doesn't look like someone who's going to succeed again. This is football; the older you get, the more you depreciate.

Even in Mikel's failure he s a million times more succesful than you.
Even in his worse state, he s considerably better than you.

Oni iranu, efulefu, dan iska, wawa

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Amadaz(m): 6:34pm On Jul 12, 2014
Continue beefing while he continues earning

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by jogojogo: 6:35pm On Jul 12, 2014
Amadaz: Continue beefing while he continues earning

SIMPLE TRUTH....God bless

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by vislabraye(m): 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2014
jogojogo:

Yap, I saw it. He lost 4:0 to Germany and was eliminated in the first round.
. Do you know he scored a goal and made an assist ?
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by femi9naija(m): 6:53pm On Jul 12, 2014
He is 27 with no pace, trickery or whatever. I wonder how south he'll go by age 32. He'll literally be moving on wheelchair on the field.
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by jogojogo: 6:55pm On Jul 12, 2014
vislabraye: . Do you know he scored a goal and made an assist ?

i know... it makes no sense. That did not stop his elimination from the group stage. As the world best footballer, i expect him to carry portugal on his shoulder just as it was expexted of Mikel.
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 12, 2014
hensben: i call you liar cos i know you are anti-chelsea spreading propaganda against the club. yeah robben was injury prone, opponent kicked him a lot then thats why i said, epl too hard for him but always delivered when on the pitch just like RVP for arsenal, chelsea bought him with penny and establish him and sold him to madrid for some of 25mil pounds then-chelsea Fan.
Look I am not trying to have a chat with you OK? Find your karosin gang and you can all have a "parry"
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by hensben(m): 7:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
iwonbaoko: Look I am not trying to have a chat with you OK? Find your karosin gang and you can all have a "parry"
kerosine gang? How is that funny , Go n Die, nitwit!
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 12, 2014
hensben: kerosine gang? How is that funny , Go n Die, nitwit!
Kerosine ? Is that the spelling?? I thought it was karosin ok I will take note

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by hensben(m): 7:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
iwonbaoko: Kerosine ? Is that the spelling?? I thought it was karosin ok I will take note
you can't even spell kerosene

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Snoggy(m): 7:17pm On Jul 12, 2014
jogojogo:

Even in Mikel's failure he s a million times more succesful than you.
Even in his worse state, he s considerably better than you.

Oni iranu, efulefu, dan iska, wawa

LOL. You're wrong!

I'm far better than Mikel.
I'm a success in my own field, Mikel's not. That's why he's a consistent bench-warmer. Chelsea doesn't need him.

I'm always needed to bring about positive changes. I'm miles ahead of Mikel. Don't compare me with a loser, pls. grin

Now, sod off! Merci.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Yomboy4ever(m): 7:23pm On Jul 12, 2014
Lordabas:
Dear Mikel,

I’ve just been looking at you… I’ve just sat down in this my corner and I’ve been looking at you and the rubbish that you played in this World Cup. God knows if I had told you what was on my mind before now, FIFA would have banned Nigeria from competitive football for at least 5 years.

Before the competition kicked off proper majority of Nigerians believed you would be key to the team’s chances, and if you had a good tournament the team would too. We had some concerns after the first few friendlies in which you played absolute rubbish, but optimistically waved your performances away chalking it down to the non-competitiveness of friendly games.

Oya the World Cup started and it was time to step up to the plate. Apparently you left your plate back on the bench at Chelsea where you have a designated spot complete with a power outlet to charge your phone while the games are played. Against Iran Nigerians cringed to watch you stroll round the midfield like you were the reigning World Footballer of the Year, losing the ball time and time again with your ‘big-man’ passes and over-exposing poor Ogenyi Onazi as you refused to help defend. Okay, maybe it’s because it’s Iran and Mikel will step up against Bosnia, we said. Wishful thinking. We suffered through another lethargic performance in which you were nearly invisible and we saw more of the linesmen than your otu arse. Thank God for Osaze and Emenike, two of our standout performers at the competition for combining sweetly and bagging the goal that won the game for us. Their excellent performances overshadowed your disappointing showing. Osaze, a 32-year old player was running his lungs out that day while Mikel, reportedly 27 years old (although we know better) was walking about the middle of the park like he was at a picnic. We sha won that game without your contribution…

Argentina vs Nigeria. The BIG day! The game we qualified for the World Cup to play! On one hand, we had the MVP of the 2005 U-20 World Cup Leo Messi and on the other we had the MVP runner-up in the same competition, Mikel Obi. It was expected that both ‘stars’ would renew their rivalry and influence the game for both their sides…We all saw how the story played out… Messi was in supreme form, scoring two sweet goals while Mikel Obi turned in another anonymous, god-awful performance that must have had Jose Mourinho frantically working the phones to managers of lower-league sides, trying to sell his professional bench-warmer to any club dumb enough to take a gamble on him.

Three games, no Mikel Obi… Unlike 2005 where he and Taiye Taiwo (who was 3rd most valuable player) were old men bullying their juniors and forming stars, Mikel was competing in a tournament of his mates and was brutally exposed as a lazy player whose style of play was a big minus to his team. Remember that Messi is supposed to be your ‘mate’ o, but in terms of achievements he has completely dwarfed the hell out of you since your breakout tournament in 2005.

Na lie na you wan kill yoursef untop mikel matter.
The guy is in london enjoying his life bt you dey here dey waste ur energy for notin.
Find smtin better to do.
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 12, 2014
grin grin Please don't annoy but I can spell gas
hensben: you can't even spell kerosene
Any way once you use it or can even spell it I don't talk to you . I abhor anything or anyone karosin in my life so please find your crew and chat with them

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Polchiz(m): 7:25pm On Jul 12, 2014
We have a lot of mad people in Nigeria.
1. Mikel didn't play the 2010 world cup. Did Nigeria qualify from the group stage?
2. How can you single out Mikel and blame him for your poor performance?
3. How long did it take Nigeria to win Nations cup even with your Okocha and Kanu?
4. Did Ivory coast single out Yaya Toure or Drogba and blame them for their failure to even qualify from the group stage?
5. Was it not Osaze's mistake that resulted in the corner kick and the own goal scored by Yobo?
6. Has Yobo received this quatum of crictisim that Nigerians unleash on Mikel everyday?

@OP. You must be a deluded little mug or on some adulterated anti-pychotic medications which have triggered you to spew such voluminous ignorance and profligacy.
Obviously, I am trying to make your atrophic grey matter assimilate the truth because you have effortlessly denied the obvious and hibernate in a "fool's paradise".

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by vislabraye(m): 7:33pm On Jul 12, 2014
jogojogo:

i know... it makes no sense. That did not stop his elimination from the group stage. As the world best footballer, i expect him to carry portugal on his shoulder just as it was expexted of Mikel.
. He went into the tournament with injury. Mikel was fully fit and he didn't feature for enough games in Chelsea. See the difference.
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Polchiz(m): 7:42pm On Jul 12, 2014
vislabraye: . He went into the tournament with injury. Mikel was fully fit and he didn't feature for enough games in Chelsea. See the difference.
Nonsense! What of Yaya Toure, Iniesta, Gyang of Ghana, Drogba, Song, among others.
Did you hear that their fellow country men and women single them out and blame them for their poor performance?
I hate being a Nigerian. Hatred flows in their veins instead of blood.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by vislabraye(m): 7:53pm On Jul 12, 2014
Polchiz:
Nonsense! What of Yaya Toure, Iniesta, Gyang of Ghana, Drogba, Song, among others.
Did you hear that their fellow country men and women single them out and blame them for their poor performance?
I hate being a Nigerian. Hatred flows in their veins instead of blood.
. What's the hatred here ? He had a bad tournament but you guys keep denying it. He was disappointing because he was supposed to be one of our best players in the team. If he was a new face, people won't complain.
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by BizBloke(m): 8:02pm On Jul 12, 2014
iwonbaoko: Mikel is not entirely to blame. Nigeria wanted him to develop as a 10 but Mourinho wants him as a 4. A replacement to Makelele and because of Lampard he was not given the opportunity as a 10. He should learn from the likes of Pogba. Mikel moved to Chelsea very young before his education was complete on very high wages and I think that killed his hungr and desire to improve. Now he is confused whether to play as a 4 or a 10. With hindsight it is clear Chelsea was not the right club for him. I would advise that he moves to a club like Liverpool or ManU Arsenal or go to Germany. He is still talented and just needs to work with the right coach.Mourinho can be a talent killer as we saw with Robben who would be telling the same story if he stayed at Chelsea.

This makes sense.
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Polchiz(m): 8:10pm On Jul 12, 2014
vislabraye: . What's the hatred here ? He had a bad tournament but you guys keep denying it. He was disappointing because he was supposed to be one of our best players in the team. If he was a new face, people won't complain.
1. Nigerian team had a poor performance
2. The team (Super Eagle) was disappointing.

Why do you blame it on Mikel?
Is he your coach or captain?
Is he God?
Is football a one-man business?
Why are we liable to blaming others each time we stumble?
Has Nigeria, with or without Mikel ever progressed beyond the knock-out stage in a world cup?
Our case in this country is pathetic.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Kai5vil: 8:28pm On Jul 12, 2014
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Frankaka8(m): 9:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
safarigirl: I won't read your jargons for now, cuz that's what it is- jargons. Expect my reply soon enough. grin

And to all those senseless mods promoting the Mikel hate, pushing every nonsensical bullsh-t some re-tarded im-becile posts to FP, diaris God..

Like I said, reply loading and make e no reach FP, una go see
save ur avenge! Its not worth it. U may have a crush on him wch is ok, buh dnt act backward like his backpasses. Mikel is an unworthy midfielder.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 12, 2014
iwonbaoko: Mikel is not entirely to blame. Nigeria wanted him to develop as a 10 but Mourinho wants him as a 4. A replacement to Makelele and because of Lampard he was not given the opportunity as a 10. He should learn from the likes of Pogba. Mikel moved to Chelsea very young before his education was complete on very high wages and I think that killed his hungr and desire to improve. Now he is confused whether to play as a 4 or a 10. With hindsight it is clear Chelsea was not the right club for him. I would advise that he moves to a club like Liverpool or ManU Arsenal or go to Germany. He is still talented and just needs to work with the right coach.Mourinho can be a talent killer as we saw with Robben who would be telling the same story if he stayed at Chelsea.
guy you no be footballer atall you pple should just stop deceiving youself &mikel saying its mouriho fault do you no that drogba was not a striker in maseile?he was converted to striker in chelsea even if it coverting that made him a flop did mouriho collect his speed &skills?no talk dis tin 4 public again google coverted players they are d best
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 12, 2014
Adikam: guy you no be footballer atall you pple should just stop deceiving youself &mikel saying its mouriho fault do you no that drogba was not a striker in maseile?he was converted to striker in chelsea even if it coverting that made him a flop did mouriho collect his speed &skills?no talk dis tin 4 public again google coverted players they are d best
Who is guy? Please learn to be civil . The internet is no reason for unruliness. Please don't quote me I don't discuss with hoodlums
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by cheguevera: 9:32pm On Jul 12, 2014
ARE[color=#990000][/color] YOU ALL NOT TIRED OF LICKING HIS nutsack. FREE THE NIGGA ALONE . HE IS PROBABLY SOMWHERE GETTING HIGH
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by succyreal(m): 9:38pm On Jul 12, 2014
we experience the worst of Mikel in Brazil 2014
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by nnamdiugwu(m): 10:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
Mikel should be left alone. What pisses me is that men who are jobless and no single sense of direction are d one criticizing him.
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by beinstein(m): 10:26pm On Jul 12, 2014
hensben: you can't even spell kerosene
stop dragging yourself down to his level please. It's obvious he has no football knowledge or whatsoever.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by xtervaganza(m): 10:34pm On Jul 12, 2014
brito: Too long,
but worth reading

Lol
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by franzis(m): 10:34pm On Jul 12, 2014
jogojogo:

Can you tell what is good in you or about you?
Please tell the house....what is your greatest achievement in life? I guess you have achieved more than JOHN MIKEL OBI.
u r so daft, coMmon sense is not always common, I don't criticize mikel as a person,am only talking about his performances donning the nigerian 10 jersey I have seen different players wear the no 10 jersey and to me his performances doesn't befit the no 10 jersey,what has achievement got to do with dis..destinies are different and u who asked such a stupid question what have u achieved in ur own life
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by franzis(m): 10:36pm On Jul 12, 2014
Adikam: guy you no be footballer atall you pple should just stop deceiving youself &mikel saying its mouriho fault do you no that drogba was not a striker in maseile?he was converted to striker in chelsea even if it coverting that made him a flop did mouriho collect his speed &skills?no talk dis tin 4 public again google coverted players they are d best
drogba was a striker through out his marseille career.. Get ur facts right
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by xtervaganza(m): 10:40pm On Jul 12, 2014
how old are you?

Are u talking about the same Robben who scored 9 goals in 9 consecutive matches under Mourinho before getting injured again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'Messi Aigbe' Trending On Nigerian Twitter After Barcelona's Loss To Liverpool / "The Funds Spended Were Properly Spended" - Solomon Dalung / Victor Moses And Ahmed Musa Snub NFF President Amaju Pinnick At Yaounde Airporta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.