Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,545 members, 7,840,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

An Open Letter To Mikel Obi - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / An Open Letter To Mikel Obi (35764 Views)

Twitter Reactions To Mikel Obi's Brilliant Display Against Crystal Palace / A Tribute To Mikel Obi - The Irreplaceable Chelsea Midfielder / Is Joel Obi Related To Mikel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 12, 2014
xtervaganza: how old are you?

Are u talking about the same Robben who scored 9 goals in 9 consecutive matches under Mourinho before getting injured again?
How old is your father? Is he still coughing Better check him for TB
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by xtervaganza(m): 10:48pm On Jul 12, 2014
iwonbaoko: How old is your father? Is he still coughing Better check him for TB
lol

My Dad is late.....

He is Chief M.A Osho

Who is your father?

Omo irankiran

Son of a nobody
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Sike(m): 10:53pm On Jul 12, 2014
Even the blind knows that Mikel has lost it already. too bad
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by balladin: 11:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
Attack you no get, sense you no get, even bite you can't bite.
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Vivipop(f): 11:20pm On Jul 12, 2014
Hmmm! E don do nau!!! Na wetin self? Una wan mek dis guy commit suicide before he kills himself smiley
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Switpal(m): 11:31pm On Jul 12, 2014
It wld ve bin a disgrace to Africa, if he was awarded the African futball of d yr.
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by folahann(m): 11:33pm On Jul 12, 2014
I like this letter. Eediotic Mikel
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by ewosk: 11:38pm On Jul 12, 2014
[quote author=Lordabas]CONTD:
It is one thing to be an Ahmed Musa who is a frustrating player but gives his best (within the limits of his skill)
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1541821_mikelis_obilis_jpegb4fcf1db1711c6d2e575a7f32e6fafc1

Spot On... Mikel is so lackadaiscal especially when playing for Nigeria, no sense of commitment,..Enyeama, Musa n even Osaze strive their best each game..while Mikel strolls in the field...God helps him dis season
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 12, 2014
jogojogo:

@JODEER na thunder go fire you. He no try at all yet he was man of the match in a one of the games he played. Those wey try well well no even smell man of the match.

You think with your anus instead of your brain.

In you field of profession, what have you achieved?
Infact what can you boast of in terms of achievement?
perhaps, datz why am not an entetainer nor public figure so i dont owe u nor anything neither do u owe me any, so i dont care abt ur achievement(if u have any sef). But mikel is a public figure in naija and we pay 2 watch him so he owe us his commitment and dedication....if im lyk make im play nonsense 4 chelsea, dat wan no concern me but once he wears our national jersey wit dat "almighty" numba mk im play well... na wetin we ask 4 am. Once im no do am, bros na criticism be dat o. So just "bone" all dis ur achievement stuff. I no no u and vice versa. Kapish
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Lamasta(m): 11:43pm On Jul 12, 2014
Na onlyt Mikel waka go World cup? There is God ooo
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by 1forall: 12:45am On Jul 13, 2014
He does the same at Chelsea where as far as I'm concerned he's just a contractual liability.

Having watched dozens of Chelsea games through many seasons I was not even surprised by mikel's performance at the WC. I don't like him at Chelsea either as he slows down play AND contributes little to attack - why would any competitive coach want to play a lazy player like him?

Where is 1025? I'd like to read how you'd defend 'ya broda' on this one as it is your customary practice grin

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by M4gunners: 4:04am On Jul 13, 2014
Another useless and Yeye Thread from unforgiving Nigerian Fan.Why not go to Yaba and buy your own kickshoe, so you can represent us well? Someone who can not even jug ball.EWURE THREAD.
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by emmabest2000(m): 4:43am On Jul 13, 2014
justi4jesu: Mikel Obi the Snail

You are a disappiontment..

Yours Faithfully

My open letter
you and snail , in every thread about mikel you called him snail , if he is your brother will you called him a snail ? Iam 100&1% sure that if mikel happend to be your bloodly brother , you wouldn't have be there in Dubai doing all that tins you are doing over there in the name of business . No hard feelings and don't quote me back because I will never reply any of your ranting grin

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by nodullin(m): 5:35am On Jul 13, 2014
emmabest2000: you and snail , in every thread about mikel you called him snail , if he is your brother will you called him a snail ? Iam 100&1% sure that if mikel happend to be your bloodly brother , you wouldn't have be there in Dubai doing all that tins you are doing over there in the name of business . No hard feelings and don't quote me back because I will never reply any of your ranting grin

What's this one saying
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Nobody: 6:16am On Jul 13, 2014
iwonbaoko: Who is guy? Please learn to be civil . The internet is no reason for unruliness. Please don't quote me I don't discuss with hoodlums
ooh you have shown me ur stupidity a fake guy is even better than you
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by succyreal(m): 6:19am On Jul 13, 2014
safarigirl: your head correct so?

Babatunde was one of our best players and if not for Mr. Shot-taker, Onazi, we would've still had his immense talent.

The only disgrace we had in the WC was Yobo, crucify him and everyone leave Mikel alone. Is he God?
lets be fair to ourselves, yobo really played well
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by fairheven: 6:45am On Jul 13, 2014
Hermanie: There is no amount of evidence or DNA's that will make me accept that this guy is part of this our human race. Never in my life have i seen someone so slow, so un-committed, so unserious, so complacent. This doesn't surprise me a bit, but what keeps me wandering is how this guy is been hyped.

Surprisingly, he was nominated for the last African player of the year when i personally know guys alot better than him. Please guys tell me why Mikel should be a contender for that award when there are players like; Aubameyang (Gabon,Dortmund), Ayew, Moses, or better still our own goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama.

Even if we say its his position that limits him, can we still compare him with Pauinho, Gustavo, Xabi alonso, Khedira or even Barcelona's Sergio Busquets.

Bottom line is that Mikel is the biggest disappointment in this Nigeria's current crop of players.
I disagree wit u on that.he did very well at the nation's cup.if he is doing bad now does not mean he hasn't don well in the past,watch the matches he played in CAN,especially Nigeria ivory coast and nigerian/Mali,aslo watch the matches he played for chelsea the year they won the champions leaque.its in order to criticise him for a lethargic performance in world cup,but that's not to rubbish wateva he had don in the past.
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by naijagraduates: 7:55am On Jul 13, 2014
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Btruth: 9:06am On Jul 13, 2014
Brb!
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by MaskedMen: 2:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
safarigirl: wetin do me? Has the guy not been crucified enough?

What did he do wrong to deserve all of this? Did he pull a Suarez? Did he sscore OG? Doesn't it take 11 people to kick a ball? Why not sacrifice the other 10? Na only Mikel waka come Brazil?

Anyone who can't get over our exit needs to get a life. This is what happens when Nigerian government refuses to provide jobs, one jobless mofo that breaks palm kernel for a living will come here with borrowed BB to type nonsense about a man that has a proper job and is earning his pay.

Anybody beefing Mikel should go and give birth to our next number 10 or go buy soccer boot. Ogini?
Damn Bit#h your Mean..!!!
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by sorom4: 7:32pm On Jul 13, 2014
The Op's letter was ok; but he overstepped his bounds by involving and black painting PDP as if they are the only riggers. Every Party rigs
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by shurl4(m): 12:10am On Jul 14, 2014
[quote author=safarigirl]wetin do me? Has the guy not been crucified enough?

What did he do wrong to deserve all of this? Did he pull a Suarez? Did he sscore OG? Doesn't it take 11 people to kick a ball? Why not sacrifice the other 10? Na only Mikel waka come Brazil?

Babe, I like you and I rarely slag people but seriously, Mikel played well below expectations during the world cup. I do not think his below average performance is the main reason people are slagging him this much, I think it is his attitude. Let's be honest, his attitude was really uninspiring for a senior player in the Super Eagles. Any player can have a bad tournament, but to have an awful attitude especially when you are expected to be the role model for your team, not cool at all. Well, the Premiership is starting very soon, I wish him the very best!
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by jobsat34(m): 11:44am On Jul 14, 2014
safarigirl: your head correct so?

Babatunde was one of our best players and if not for Mr. Shot-taker, Onazi, we would've still had his immense talent.

The only disgrace we had in the WC was Yobo, crucify him and everyone leave Mikel alone. Is he God?

we placed too much hope on Mikel cos of the love pple had for him, we all thought he was going to prove Mou wrong.
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by SenatorJames(m): 3:22pm On Jul 14, 2014
What is killing our boys is lack of encouragement from Nigerians. We blame them everytime they draw or loss a match. Can we celebrate our man as Uruguay celebrated Suarez, after everybody know that his absence caused their early exit from the world cup?

Are we better than Spain or England that failed to qualify? Please free the guy joooooooo!!!

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 15, 2014
Why is it dat wen super eagles wants 2 play,every Nigerian go becum coach, if u enta dat field wettin u go play??....i wonder how dat poor mikel go de feel now if him dey read all dis insults,..we knw he wasn't 2 gud,but we shudn't be insulting him, 4getting all his past performance 4 d supereagles..........i wish Suen go jst close dis thread!!..make evrybody REST, atleast World cup don finish...
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by safarigirl(f): 6:33pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lordabas:

Dear Mikel,

I’ve just been looking at you… I’ve just sat down in this my corner and I’ve been looking at you and the rubbish that you played in this World Cup. God knows if I had told you what was on my mind before now, FIFA would have banned Nigeria from competitive football for at least 5 years.

Before the competition kicked off proper majority of Nigerians believed you would be key to the team’s chances, and if you had a good tournament the team would too. We had some concerns after the first few friendlies in which you played absolute rubbish, but optimistically waved your performances away chalking it down to the non-competitiveness of friendly games.

Oya the World Cup started and it was time to step up to the plate. Apparently you left your plate back on the bench at Chelsea where you have a designated spot complete with a power outlet to charge your phone while the games are played. Against Iran Nigerians cringed to watch you stroll round the midfield like you were the reigning World Footballer of the Year, losing the ball time and time again with your ‘big-man’ passes and over-exposing poor Ogenyi Onazi as you refused to help defend. Okay, maybe it’s because it’s Iran and Mikel will step up against Bosnia, we said. Wishful thinking. We suffered through another lethargic performance in which you were nearly invisible and we saw more of the linesmen than your otu arse. Thank God for Osaze and Emenike, two of our standout performers at the competition for combining sweetly and bagging the goal that won the game for us. Their excellent performances overshadowed your disappointing showing. Osaze, a 32-year old player was running his lungs out that day while Mikel, reportedly 27 years old (although we know better) was walking about the middle of the park like he was at a picnic. We sha won that game without your contribution…

Argentina vs Nigeria. The BIG day! The game we qualified for the World Cup to play! On one hand, we had the MVP of the 2005 U-20 World Cup Leo Messi and on the other we had the MVP runner-up in the same competition, Mikel Obi. It was expected that both ‘stars’ would renew their rivalry and influence the game for both their sides…We all saw how the story played out… Messi was in supreme form, scoring two sweet goals while Mikel Obi turned in another anonymous, god-awful performance that must have had Jose Mourinho frantically working the phones to managers of lower-league sides, trying to sell his professional bench-warmer to any club dumb enough to take a gamble on him.

Three games, no Mikel Obi… Unlike 2005 where he and Taiye Taiwo (who was 3rd most valuable player) were old men bullying their juniors and forming stars, Mikel was competing in a tournament of his mates and was brutally exposed as a lazy player whose style of play was a big minus to his team. Remember that Messi is supposed to be your ‘mate’ o, but in terms of achievements he has completely dwarfed the hell out of you since your breakout tournament in 2005.
I hope you were able to watch the Olympics this year....I am yet to see a letter from you on Mujel's performance
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by Lordabas: 7:08am On Sep 11, 2016
safarigirl:
I hope you were able to watch the Olympics this year....I am yet to see a letter from you on Mujel's performance
He was nothing spectacular i don't understand all the hype he's getting. He was so lazy, complains and moans whenever he looses instead of chasing it down you'll see him walking or jogging back like an oga. One of the laziest players i've ever seen since i started watching football. He does not even worth another again biko. He's shit . Don't be surprised when he doesn't even make the chelsea. bench
Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by CowHard: 10:08am On Sep 11, 2016
Lordabas:

He was nothing spectacular i don't understand all the hype he's getting. He was so lazy, complains and moans whenever he looses instead of chasing it down you'll see him walking or jogging back like an oga. One of the laziest players i've ever seen since i started watching football. He does not even worth another again biko. He's shit . Don't be surprised when he doesn't even make the chelsea. bench

Keep on hating from your dilapidated house in Ogbomosho .
Your case is irredeemable as you can't even last 10 minutes on the pitch

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mikel Obi by safarigirl(f): 1:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
Lordabas:

lol....pathetic soul.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jadon Sancho Completes £73m Switch To Manchester United From Borussia Dortmund / 'Messi Aigbe' Trending On Nigerian Twitter After Barcelona's Loss To Liverpool / Victor Moses And Ahmed Musa Snub NFF President Amaju Pinnick At Yaounde Airporta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.