Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

My thoughts on friend-zoning - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My thoughts on friend-zoning (5302 Views)

Beware! Friend Zoning Is Real! (see Photo) / The Rate At Which Girls Are Friend-zoning Guys Is Alarming / What's The Big Deal In Friend Zoning A Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My thoughts on friend-zoning by Matthewbriggs(m): 6:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
Lots of friend zone threads flying around lately. Evident of the fact that this is a very controversial and heated topic. I know this is an overflogged topic lately ... therefore What I intend to achieve via this thread is to bring to light, some perspective to this subject.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-cy5HHgDeqzA/UHa9f_rj3HI/AAAAAAAAAh4/uPqfxt1EzhE/s1600/friend-zoned-dating-friendship-demotivational-posters-1348629835.jpg[/img]

What does it mean to be friend zoned ?

To be friend zoned means to really like a lady in a romantic way instead of letting her know directly, you instead try to do nice things for her, buy her stuff, be a good friend, a listener, be her Mr nice guy and all that stuff for a really outrageous period of time ... all because you want her to fall in love with you, only to be surprised that she really do not have any feelings for you instead has it for a totally different guy, and instead of moving on you, think you can still win the ladies heart by still been her friends and been nice ... Only to be emotionally drained, sad and miserable.

Been friend-zone is more than rejection of your advances and a lady saying she wants you to be her friend. The Friend zone is hanging in as a friend even when it is clear she aint into you ... hoping she falls in love with moving on ...

Below are Tips, Concepts and ideologies to help you get out of this Emotional mess

1. Been Friends with a woman is different from been friendzoned :- This is a common misconception among ladies and guys ... that been Friend-zoned and been friends with a lady is the same thing ... They are completely different things.
The fact is ... it is very healthy for you as a guy to have female friends they come in very handy ... from helping you land clients ... to serving as a casual date for an event to chatting and getting a females perspective on things.

To be friends with a female means you have no romantic feelings for her, you do not give her any form of special treatment ... She is your friend ... because she is adding value to your life not because you hope she ends up been your lover

While been friend-zoned is the complete opposite.

[img]http://domestigoth.files./2013/01/friend-zone-22.png[/img]
2. Define what type of relationship you want from any woman from the start and communicate that definition clearly :- When you meet a woman for the first time. The first question you should ask you self is what do I want from her is it sex, romance or just been friends.

You definition should influence how you approach her ... Whatever your definition is never fail to communicate it to her as early as possible through words or via action ... her reaction should decide your next course of action ... If she does not accept your definition by all means move on.

Eg. You like this particular Lady in your dept and you want her to be your girlfriend ... go and woo her do not I repeat try to be her friend in the hopes of getting her to like you ... be bold go directly for the kill. If she refuses and strings you along too much ... move on.

The truth is if a girl really likes you ... In Most cases you wound not have to try sooo hard... speaking from experience

3. Drill this into your head the average girl will not think twice before friend zoning you :- The AVERAGE woman just like you wants to eat her cake and have it. Just like MOST guys want as much sex without commitment so do women want attention, they want to be treated like princess, with love and care and admiration ... without the burden of commitment ... and they would go as far as stringing admirers like you ... not because they of they have feelings for you ... but because of the way you make them feel. The can mess with your feeling for years under the guise of friendship beware.

As a guy one of the greatest gift you can give any woman is your attention, your time ... she must deserve this attention ... do not give it to her on a platter of gold.

For a woman to be the centre of your world ... You must be the centre of her existence.

4. You do not win a girls heart by trying to be just her friend ... you win her heart by trying to be her lover. A lover is a friend and romantic partner meshed into one.

Hit on her from the get gooo. let her know you like her, give her those seductive glances, hold her hands, make her know you want her ... tell her how you feel.

I cant seem to understand why a guy who likes a girl instead of flirting with her and hitting on her left right and centre is busy doing her home work, going on errands for her and keeping her company hoping that by doing so she would fall in love with you ... he tries to be all mr nice guy ... dude you are on long thing. The truth is that such a guy is nothing more than a wimp, a mugu and would be severely USED. Note I am not against guys been all nice and caring but against doing such when he sees it as a way to trick a lady to fall in love with him ... instead of been direct.

5. Be sharp move on if you are not getting what you want from her ... Be it friendship, sex, love or whatever. As a guy no woman is indispensable ... there is always someone better that her out there.

Do not put any woman on a pedestal ... tying your joy and happiness to her if she does not do same to you. I am yet to understand why a guy would want to kill himself ontop a woman that every signal in the world is telling you that she is not that into you ... dude MOVE ON, Even if you decide to settle as friends Move on emotionally... Kill every form of hope of having her as your gf.

Yes it hurts to be rejected, and lose something you love. But if one thing life has taught me is that ... what should matter most to you is your happiness and the moment you are not fulfilled in a friendship with whatever lady move on.

There is someone more better, curvier, finer, intelligent prettier lady than her that is dying to have you as her man ... The world is freaking filled with beautiful women ... one of them is looking forward to be yours ... do not spend time with another man's future wife all in the name of some stupid feelings.

In all it is not a crime to have a female friends, have the ones for fun, for intelligent discussion, as business partners, the FWB if you so please.

but it is a crime in this twenty first century to be Friend zoned and even worse to to remain there... move the F$uk out of that zone before you get brother zoned.

Mathew Briggs

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by tobiboss(m): 6:20pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ftc, will read later

1 Like

Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Ezedon(m): 6:26pm On Jul 11, 2014
I'm yet to understand what this friend zone is all about
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Prowizy2(m): 6:29pm On Jul 11, 2014
Nice thread, it'll be of help to the friend-zoned guys (magas] cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by ayukdaboss(m): 6:33pm On Jul 11, 2014
Posted about an hour ago.

Getting Out of the Friend Zone : 7 easy steps [Must Read]. Please click link below.

www.nairaland.com/1808866/getting-out-friend-zone-7

smiley

3 Likes

Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by ebullientV(m): 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2014
Prowizy2: Nice thread, it'll be of help to the friend-zoned guys (magas] cheesy
Friend-zoned dudes aren't neccessarily magas
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by vizkiz: 6:39pm On Jul 11, 2014
Every power of friend zoning in my life, in my destiny...What are you waiting for??
[size=30pt]Oyah die!!![/size]
angry

2 Likes

Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by dre11(m): 6:40pm On Jul 11, 2014
Friendzone............

Father do not lead me into the pit of friendzone
because in your hands i commit mah emontionsgrin

2 Likes

Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Prowizy2(m): 6:41pm On Jul 11, 2014
ebullientV: Friend-zoned dudes aren't neccessarily magas

A guy who spends some good cash on a lady only to get a peck or hug.

What should we call him?
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by snadguy007(m): 6:45pm On Jul 11, 2014
This thread is dedicated to all brothers languishing in different zones (Friendzone, brotherzones, Chargingzone, cakezone, generatorzone, bestiezone etc).

May u live to reap the fruit of your labour cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by ebullientV(m): 6:46pm On Jul 11, 2014
Prowizy2:

What should we call him?
you tell me.. cheesy

Anyways, what i was trying 2 point out is dat not all friend-zoned dudes spend money.

Some do spend quality time tho helping d gal out with ''stuffs'', hoping all d while she will finally fall in love wt 'em..
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 11, 2014
Prowizy2:

What should we call him?

Santa claus.
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Prowizy2(m): 6:48pm On Jul 11, 2014
alexdellafonte:

Santa claus.

grin grin
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by snadguy007(m): 6:50pm On Jul 11, 2014
alexdellafonte:

Santa claus.
grin grin Baba keresi
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Prowizy2(m): 6:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
ebullientV: you tell me.. cheesy

Anyways, what i was trying 2 point out is dat not all friend-zoned dudes spend money.

Some do spend quality time tho helping d gal out with ''stuffs'', hoping all d while she will finally fall in love wt 'em..

Many guys now know the meaning of friendzone and how to avoid it.

cool
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by ebullientV(m): 6:55pm On Jul 11, 2014
Prowizy2:

[color=#000099]Many guys now know the meaning of friendzone and how to avoid it.

/color] cool
Sure! I have encountered lotsa ''campaign'' on ds ish recently.. Boys are no longer smiling, it seems.
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by mcdreeezy: 6:56pm On Jul 11, 2014
You couldn't have said it any better OP!!! If I hear say this thread no make FP

2 Likes

Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 7:01pm On Jul 11, 2014

Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by luvlyoracle(m): 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2014
alexdellafonte:

Santa claus.
chai cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by IamDejman(m): 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
Briggs, I gbadun u. grin

To all my brodas who ave been friend zoned, read and learn

2 Likes

Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 11, 2014
What exactly is so so wrong with the friend zone? I really don't understand why guys dread it so much.

Why are all the guys on this thread insinuating that they are not/have never been in that zone?

OP has been friendzoned by me lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:17pm On Jul 11, 2014
sholasholala: What exactly is so so wrong with the friend zone? I really don't understand why guys dread it so much.

Why are all the guys on this thread insinuating that they are not/have never been in that zone?

OP has been friendzoned by me lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Read point 1 and the definition of friend zone he gave ... So many thing is freaking wrong with that zone.

@bolded Ehhenene ... Tell me something. shocked cheesy .
point 5 comes to mind
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by yorex2011: 7:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
Just in case....
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 11, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

Read point 1 and the definition of friend zone he gave ... So many thing is freaking wrong with that zone.

@bolded Ehhenene ... Tell me something. shocked cheesy .
point 5 comes to mind
It really is not a bad zone.
That zone brings you closer to her. She tells you stuffs about her, she leans on your shoulder when she is hurting, she jumps on you without thinking twice when she is happy, y'all go shopping together, she happily cooks for you because you are her friend, she is so free with you etc grin
what more does a guy want?
S3x is over rated lipsrsealed
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:50pm On Jul 11, 2014
sholasholala:
It really is not a bad zone.
That zone brings you closer to her. She tells you stuffs about her, she leans on your shoulder when she is hurting, she jumps on you without thinking twice when she is happy, y'all go shopping together, she happily cooks for you because you are her friend, she is so free with you etc grin
what more does a guy want?
S3x is over rated lipsrsealed

Read point one again. I don't mind be friends with a woman. smiley
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 11, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

Read point one again. I don't mind be friends with a woman. smiley
Point 1. Noted

BUT it is better to be friend zoned than to be treated like dirt by a lady. If you have feelings for her and she decides to make you her friend, you are better than the guy who has feelings for her but gets humiliated, insulted and embarrassed by her. At least you are still a part of her life.
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Tymax(m): 8:09pm On Jul 11, 2014
Whatever cannot be summarized in a few points on a high traffic forum like NL is full of needless repetition.
Summary of the post is: the dreaded Friend zone can be avoided. angry

1 Like

Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:10pm On Jul 11, 2014
sholasholala:
Point 1. Noted

BUT it is better to be friend zoned than to be treated like dirt by a lady. If you have feelings for her and she decides to make you her friend, you are better than the guy who has feelings for her but gets humiliated, insulted and embarrassed by her. At least you are still a part of her life.

If i have feelings for her and she is not feeling me point 5 takes effect. With speed. No dulling.

1 Like

Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 11, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

If i have feelings for her and she is not feeling me point 5 takes effect. With speed. No dulling.
undecided
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:15pm On Jul 11, 2014
Neymar2: Friendzone isn't actually a bad thing.

Renforces point 3. Hehehe. cool
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:17pm On Jul 11, 2014
sholasholala:
undecided

tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

thread closed / I Had An Unprotected Sex With My Girlfriend. What's Going To Happen / Question: Why Do Guys Most Times,sleep Immediately After Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.