Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

My thoughts on friend-zoning - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My thoughts on friend-zoning (5312 Views)

Beware! Friend Zoning Is Real! (see Photo) / The Rate At Which Girls Are Friend-zoning Guys Is Alarming / What's The Big Deal In Friend Zoning A Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:19pm On Jul 11, 2014
Neymar2: I didn't bother reading the thread though.

I guessed as much ... cheesy
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Karleb(m): 8:19pm On Jul 11, 2014
FP here we come!!
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by sarmiie(m): 8:32pm On Jul 11, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

If i have feelings for her and she is not feeling me point 5 takes effect. With speed. No dulling.

abi na...i 1nda why a nicca in dis age n century wld stay with someone who's trolling him.......maybe those sorts of advice one heard when one was young are responsible. ''persistence is key'', ''give her time'', ''help her out n she will surely reward u''........
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Medunah: 8:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
A girl cnt date all d guys dat ask her out. All dis nl guys are jz making mouth, half of them re frnd zoned in d real world.
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by ICEKID334(m): 9:32pm On Jul 11, 2014
Friend z0ne thread everywere
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 11, 2014
seems this friendzone stuff is really a big problem to you guys. grin eiyah. grin una sorry ooo. Hahahaha
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by DrObum(m): 9:45pm On Jul 11, 2014
sholasholala:
Point 1. Noted

BUT it is better to be friend zoned than to be treated like dirt by a lady. If you have feelings for her and she decides to make you her friend, you are better than the guy who has feelings for her but gets humiliated, insulted and embarrassed by her. At least you are still a part of her life.
Friendzone and being treated as shit is all the same!
Only difference is that the shit guy tends to learn his lessons earlier.
Solution to both= Leave that girl and get a life!

1 Like

Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Ngokafor(f): 10:19pm On Jul 11, 2014
Friend-zone this,friend-zone that day in day out,it is getting mega boring abeg..
..with the way you guys have been howling for ages..surely there should an improvement by now and less noise..or cant you learn? undecided

@op its a thump-down for most of your pointse,specially number 4..sorry.
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by mencade5(m): 7:04am On Jul 12, 2014
i equate ladies as ordinary as my guys. I no special treatment for them. Nothing special about girls. Treat ladies normal, if she offends you tell her immediately, no forming. If she vex make she go hug transformer. If she want to use my property and i am using it in great i tell her no i cant give you now because i am using it, not the other way round when she blinks her eyes like catfish guys go come fall mugu give her what she want at their own detriment.
No way!

Mathew briggs thank you for this points jare.

4 Likes

Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Matthewbriggs(m): 9:38am On Jul 12, 2014
Medunah: A girl cnt date all d guys dat ask her out. All dis nl guys are jz making mouth, half of them re frnd zoned in d real world.

Exactly she can't. And can't have all of them as friends.
Read point one and understand that point clearly.
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Matthewbriggs(m): 2:14pm On Jul 12, 2014
missberrypop5: seems this friendzone stuff is really a big problem to you guys. grin eiyah. grin una sorry ooo. Hahahaha

It not a big problem but one of those problems. Just as the issue of Men cheating is to women. tongue
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by pweedyuz(f): 5:41pm On Jul 12, 2014
so wat y'all are is if a guy has feelings 4 a girl nd she dosent feel d same way...,d only option is 4 d guy to flee even if d girl will love 2 b his frnd ?
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by snadguy007(m): 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2014
pweedyuz: so wat y'all are is if a guy has feelings 4 a girl nd she dosent feel d same way...,d only option is 4 d guy to flee even if d girl will love 2 b his frnd ?
Yeah yeah....If you cant date me, i cant be your friend...Shikena
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Segse(m): 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2014
Matthewbriggs: Lots of friend zone threads flying around lately. Evident of the fact that this is a very controversial and heated topic. I know this is an overflogged topic lately ... therefore What I intend to achieve via this thread is to bring to light, some perspective to this subject.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-cy5HHgDeqzA/UHa9f_rj3HI/AAAAAAAAAh4/uPqfxt1EzhE/s1600/friend-zoned-dating-friendship-demotivational-posters-1348629835.jpg[/img]

What does it mean to be friend zoned ?

To be friend zoned means to really like a lady in a romantic way instead of letting her know directly, you instead try to do nice things for her, buy her stuff, be a good friend, a listener, be her Mr nice guy and all that stuff for a really outrageous period of time ... all because you want her to fall in love with you, only to be surprised that she really do not have any feelings for you instead has it for a totally different guy, and instead of moving on you, think you can still win the ladies heart by still been her friends and been nice ... Only to be emotionally drained, sad and miserable.

Been friend-zone is more than rejection of your advances and a lady saying she wants you to be her friend. The Friend zone is hanging in as a friend even when it is clear she aint into you ... hoping she falls in love with moving on ...

Below are Tips, Concepts and ideologies to help you get out of this Emotional mess

1. Been Friends with a woman is different from been friendzoned :- This is a common misconception among ladies and guys ... that been Friend-zoned and been friends with a lady is the same thing ... They are completely different things.
The fact is ... it is very healthy for you as a guy to have female friends they come in very handy ... from helping you land clients ... to serving as a casual date for an event to chatting and getting a females perspective on things.

To be friends with a female means you have no romantic feelings for her, you do not give her any form of special treatment ... She is your friend ... because she is adding value to your life not because you hope she ends up been your lover

While been friend-zoned is the complete opposite.

[img]http://domestigoth.files./2013/01/friend-zone-22.png[/img]
2. Define what type of relationship you want from any woman from the start and communicate that definition clearly :- When you meet a woman for the first time. The first question you should ask you self is what do I want from her is it sex, romance or just been friends.

You definition should influence how you approach her ... Whatever your definition is never fail to communicate it to her as early as possible through words or via action ... her reaction should decide your next course of action ... If she does not accept your definition by all means move on.

Eg. You like this particular Lady in your dept and you want her to be your girlfriend ... go and woo her do not I repeat try to be her friend in the hopes of getting her to like you ... be bold go directly for the kill. If she refuses and strings you along too much ... move on.

The truth is if a girl really likes you ... In Most cases you wound not have to try sooo hard... speaking from experience

3. Drill this into your head the average girl will not think twice before friend zoning you :- The AVERAGE woman just like you wants to eat her cake and have it. Just like MOST guys want as much sex without commitment so do women want attention, they want to be treated like princess, with love and care and admiration ... without the burden of commitment ... and they would go as far as stringing admirers like you ... not because they of they have feelings for you ... but because of the way you make them feel. The can mess with your feeling for years under the guise of friendship beware.

As a guy one of the greatest gift you can give any woman is your attention, your time ... she must deserve this attention ... do not give it to her on a platter of gold.

For a woman to be the centre of your world ... You must be the centre of her existence.

4. You do not win a girls heart by trying to be just her friend ... you win her heart by trying to be her lover. A lover is a friend and romantic partner meshed into one.

Hit on her from the get gooo. let her know you like her, give her those seductive glances, hold her hands, make her know you want her ... tell her how you feel.

I cant seem to understand why a guy who likes a girl instead of flirting with her and hitting on her left right and centre is busy doing her home work, going on errands for her and keeping her company hoping that by doing so she would fall in love with you ... he tries to be all mr nice guy ... dude you are on long thing. The truth is that such a guy is nothing more than a wimp, a mugu and would be severely USED. Note I am not against guys been all nice and caring but against doing such when he sees it as a way to trick a lady to fall in love with him ... instead of been direct.

5. Be sharp move on if you are not getting what you want from her ... Be it friendship, sex, love or whatever. As a guy no woman is indispensable ... there is always someone better that her out there.

Do not put any woman on a pedestal ... tying your joy and happiness to her if she does not do same to you. I am yet to understand why a guy would want to kill himself ontop a woman that every signal in the world is telling you that she is not that into you ... dude MOVE ON, Even if you decide to settle as friends Move on emotionally... Kill every form of hope of having her as your gf.

Yes it hurts to be rejected, and lose something you love. But if one thing life has taught me is that ... what should matter most to you is your happiness and the moment you are not fulfilled in a friendship with whatever lady move on.

There is someone more better, curvier, finer, intelligent prettier lady than her that is dying to have you as her man ... The world is freaking filled with beautiful women ... one of them is looking forward to be yours ... do not spend time with another man's future wife all in the name of some stupid feelings.

In all it is not a crime to have a female friends, have the ones for fun, for intelligent discussion, as business partners, the FWB if you so please.

but it is a crime in this twenty first century to be Friend zoned and even worse to to remain there... move the F$uk out of that zone before you get brother zoned.

Mathew Briggs
@OP nice 1 dude
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by ihedinobi2: 8:16pm On Jul 12, 2014
Briggs my brother, platonic friendships across genders don't stay platonic forever o. Emotions can erupt and what then? Stay friends and try to be cool about it hoping that he or she eventually gets with the program? Isn't that a bit like your definition of the friendzone? Break the friendship because it's no longer enough? Aren't you mean to do that? Squash the feelings and stay friends? Pray tell, how?
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:51pm On Jul 12, 2014
ihedinobi2: Briggs my brother, platonic friendships across genders don't stay platonic forever o. Emotions can erupt and what then? Stay friends and try to be cool about it hoping that he or she eventually gets with the program? Isn't that a bit like your definition of the friendzone? Break the friendship because it's no longer enough? Aren't you mean to do that? Squash the feelings and stay friends? Pray tell, how?

Its a bit like my definition.

Not neccesarily breaking the friendship but moving on emotionally, squashing the feelings and return to been just friends ... That is if he or she can than hanging on to those feelings hoping that by miracle he or she would get with the program.
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by ihedinobi2: 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

Its a bit like my definition.

Not neccesarily breaking the friendship but moving on emotionally, squashing the feelings and return to been just friends ... That is if he or she can than hanging on to those feelings hoping that by miracle he or she would get with the program.

Like I asked, HOW?
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Matthewbriggs(m): 9:23pm On Jul 12, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Like I asked, HOW?

Their is no definite formula to moving on. But one way that works is asking your self what cause the feelings to develop in the first place ... And then reverse engineer the process.

Eg. If it started because you spent so much time together with her... Do the opposite. Till you have have successful moved on.

Read point 5. It has some ideologies to aid one move on.

Once you have emotionally moved on you can continue with been friends ... If you can.
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by ihedinobi2: 9:35pm On Jul 12, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

Their is no definite formula to moving on. But one way that works is asking your self what cause the feelings to develop in the first place ... And then reverse engineer the process.

Eg. If it started because you spent so much time together with her... Do the opposite. Till you have have successful moved on.

Read point 5. It has some ideologies to aid one move on.

Once you have emotionally moved on you can continue with been friends ... If you can.

I don't know o. I like a simple life o jare. I'd rather not be friends at all. I am no good at loving a little and stuff like that. I'll probably pick up any friendship after I'm married.

1 Like

Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 12, 2014
Medunah: A girl cnt date all d guys dat ask her out. All dis nl guys are jz making mouth, half of them re frnd zoned in d real world.

LOL.. same thing goes for the ladies. We can't date every one of them pushing their ways into our life's.
So what do we do? We friendzoned them also. It's a two sided thing.
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Matthewbriggs(m): 9:42pm On Jul 12, 2014
ihedinobi2:

I don't know o. I like a simple life o jare. I'd rather not be friends at all. I am no good at loving a little and stuff like that. I'll probably pick up any friendship after I'm married.

For me I place them as acquaintances in most cases. Only in rare cases do we become friends... Hence I added the phrase "If you can" to my reply.
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Matthewbriggs(m): 9:42pm On Jul 12, 2014
Shikaamaru:

LOL.. same thing goes for the ladies. We can't date every one of them pushing their ways into our life's.
So what do we do? We friendzoned them also. It's a two sided thing.

Hahaha wicked. grin

1 Like

Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by ihedinobi2: 9:55pm On Jul 12, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

For me I place them as acquaintances in most cases. Only in rare cases do we become friends... Hence I added the phrase "If you can" to my reply.

To be honest, I don't keep female friends that close. To what purpose would I? Emotional confusion? I really could do without that. My best female friend I talk to only once in a while now but whenever we meet up we hang out, catch up and have a really good time. I don't fool myself that there can't be more on one side or the other. Physically, she's not my normal taste but I've seen the possibilities of romance before so I keep a respectable distance. My reason? Language. Close but not exactly the same.

My exes? We don't talk. But if they needed something and called I'd help out. It's not acrimony, it's just there's no reason to stay in touch.

Abeg I don't do "friends" across genders o. There are periods when I'm so there for one or other of my female friends but once they are ok again, I'm gone until later. Because there's nothing left but romance to do. My friends are guys.

1 Like

Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Odunharry(m): 12:43am On Jul 13, 2014
chaii

1 Like

Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by guente02(m): 1:26am On Jul 13, 2014
I have a neighbor. I liked her but i never asked her out. We got along real close. One thing is that i can squeeze her boobs and handle her bottoms. Would i say I've been friend zoned?
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by joeblack62: 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2014
Checkout Jiggygist..com
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by Matthewbriggs(m): 2:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
ihedinobi2:

To be honest, I don't keep female friends that close. To what purpose would I? Emotional confusion? I really could do without that. My best female friend I talk to only once in a while now but whenever we meet up we hang out, catch up and have a really good time. I don't fool myself that there can't be more on one side or the other. Physically, she's not my normal taste but I've seen the possibilities of romance before so I keep a respectable distance. My reason? Language. Close but not exactly the same.

My exes? We don't talk. But if they needed something and called I'd help out. It's not acrimony, it's just there's no reason to stay in touch.

Abeg I don't do "friends" across genders o. There are periods when I'm so there for one or other of my female friends but once they are ok again, I'm gone until later. Because there's nothing left but romance to do. My friends are guys.

Hahah ... I perfectly understand where you are coming from, especially at bolded. I hardly keep anyone close. Male or female. So it's pretty difficult for me to be friendzoned in the first place.

I prefer having lots of acquaintances to friends. I function better that way.
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by EejaNla01(m): 4:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
guente02: I have a neighbor. I liked her but i never asked her out. We got along real close. One thing is that i can squeeze her boobs and handle her bottoms. Would i say I've been friend zoned?
This is no doubt the best zone to be.
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by OMA4U(m): 4:32pm On Jul 13, 2014
God bless you. You have just shared my opinions. Matthewbriggs, God bless you once again.

Princesa, kindly come and read this, so you realise no big deal in friendzoning a guy, but it may also be a crime.
Re: My thoughts on friend-zoning by OMA4U(m): 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

Hahah ... I perfectly understand where you are coming from, especially at bolded. I hardly keep anyone close. Male or female. So it's pretty difficult for me to be friendzoned in the first place.

I prefer having lots of acquaintances to friends. I function better that way.
Yeah... I also prefer casual companions to committed friendship so I don't get hurt.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hoes Everywhere, Picture / Man Arrested with 300 Zebra Peniises ( Photos ) / I'm Dying Slowly Because Of Cohabitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.