Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. (18309 Views)

NMA To End Strike Soon! / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee / FG Begs To NMA To Suspend Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by youngdoctor(m): 11:16pm On Jul 11, 2014
cococandy: Scallywag
Are you sure you can even spell the prescriptions correctly?
O.M.G..i forgot to check your username before replying you..if you have a doctor in your family,tell him/her to check your vitals..you need help and ALAS!we are on strike.so he/she can help

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by IYANGBALI: 11:20pm On Jul 11, 2014
adeoladrg:

No.. Rather, the govt has allowed you bastards have your way for too long!
you have said it all

2 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by cococandy(f): 11:21pm On Jul 11, 2014
A WAEC candidate should know how to type meaningfully.
This is someone braying that his profession be kept in charge of all health care in the nation.

This isn't about knowing a foreign language or whatever.
If he can't operate on the lingua franca who can?
And we are supposed to take them seriously.
He probably knows it to the T but can't be bothered to finish his words.
If all of them are too lazy to complete their sentences,how will they communicate effectively?

They are more concerned about lording it over other health workers than improving themselves.

adeoladrg:

Easy on him aunty. He's prolly one of those medical students.

2 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by eejo(m): 11:25pm On Jul 11, 2014
health care is like the armed forces the army, navy, airforce must work together to win a war nobody is more important than the other since 1960 doctors with no administrative knowlege had been heading still WHO rank nigeria health care 191 out of 197 despite huge fund been spent time for a change nigerians needs a fine health care system so that we can ranked among the top 20 in the world

3 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by IYANGBALI: 11:25pm On Jul 11, 2014
ideycraze:

Enough of this doctors- save- live noise.Doctors are important so are all other professions
Are doctors the only ones leaving the country? People from all facets of lives have been leaving the country since God knows when. Nobody should come and threaten us here ,should i donate my balls to doctors because i don't want them to leave the country? Engineers ,Lawyers,Biochemists,Welders,Bricklayers,Alagbo Jedi,et al all leave this country on a daily basis and nobody is crying foul,if u want to leave what are you waiting for?
You come here to tell us how important the doctors are on a daily basis,Who is not important?
Are the Abokis who rear cows not important?
What about the fishermen? What about drivers who move petroleum products from one place to the other? Can doctors dig boreholes?
In todays world of Medicine,what can a doctor do without electricity? Did the doctors invent electricity? Are they more important than the bricklayers who built the hospitals? Are they more important that the Engineers who build roads? The cars they drive,did the doctors manufacture them or can the carry out repairs on them?Can doctors fix ACs? What about the beds they use in the hospitals? Can they produce them?

Show me a doctor who say Medicine is the most important profession then i will show you a complete foool
good talk

9 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by armadeo(m): 11:30pm On Jul 11, 2014
moshoodn: Truth is most doctors in Nigeria are not committed.

Most are in for the money.

What the hell happened to the Hippocrates Oath!

Only Nigerian Doctors strike in the world (quote me on this anywhere). Does that mean all other governments of the world are performing optimally in the Health Sector?

I'm not standing in for the FG, but if truly the docs respect the oath they took, they will be more diplomatic and tactical.

FGs all around the world are all evasive, so its not a Nigerian issue.

Coming to air to lay the issue to bare will only attact public sympathy to the more eloquent side.

I wish they resolve it soonest and people can get their treatments.

http://voiceofrussia.com/2013_01_08/Mozambique-doctors-strike-over-pay/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5207048.stm

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303442004579122653947841782

http://juniordoctors.eu/news/support-british-doctors-strike-action

6 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by cococandy(f): 11:31pm On Jul 11, 2014
And that's the lame response he comes up with undecided. Lameass. Go re-sit your GS101 class.

youngdoctor: .
O.M.G..i forgot to check your username before replying you..if you have a doctor in your family,tell him/her to check your vitals..you need help and ALAS!we are on strike.so he/she can help
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by DebateNigeria: 11:34pm On Jul 11, 2014
Debate is good news.
First of all, health managers should take charge of our hospitals, that will put an end to this fracas. The doctor should be second in the hierarchy while others follow.
We are currently having a debate in the previous NMA thread. I am yet to see any hospital in the USA where a laboratory scientist or a pharmacist or a nurse is made head over a medical doctor. Most times they make health managers head of hospitals, these are people with vast knowledge on management, they are business minded and goal oriented. It's not enough for a medical doctor or any other health worker to work for several years and automatically earn the position meant for managers. Doctors should be made head of clinical services while managers, economists et al head the hospitals.

4 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by youngdoctor(m): 11:35pm On Jul 11, 2014
cococandy: And that's the lame response he comes up with undecided. Lameass. Go re-sit your GS101 class.

now i comprehend you perfectly.you are probably an undergraduate or an admission-seeking student..time will tell dear.you will soon grow up.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Amazondepth(m): 11:35pm On Jul 11, 2014
Y all d hullabaloo?d FG shld own up to its many weaknesses and not engage in a meaningless public debate.they shld just go ahead and inform all nigerians how 100% of Dr's demands have been met and yet all branches of NMA still voted to continue its strike.and d JOHESU guys shld go ahead and take over d running of hospitals to prove Dr's are dispensable.for everyone condemning d Dr's u shld remember dat degrees are weighted everywhr d world over and job descriptions are different with clear hierarchy to maintain professional orderliness.u may as well visit any JOHESU fellow wen next u fall sick for ur health needs.afterall everyone shld b equal in d hospitals

5 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Smooyis(m): 11:38pm On Jul 11, 2014
This is a symptom of systemic decay, and a sign of imminent revolution which may soon engulf the country. Corruption has eaten deep into the bone marrows of our leaders, and they seem not to see clearly or able to think right. I wonder why anybody in his sane mind would support a government that has kept polythecnic lecturers at home for close to a year. All their concern is how to get re-elected come 2015.

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by DebateNigeria: 11:40pm On Jul 11, 2014
Smooyis: This is a symptom of systemic decay, and a sign of imminent revolution which may soon engulf the country. Corruption has eaten deep into the bone marrows of our leaders, and they seem not to see clearly or able to think right. I wonder why anybody in his sane mind would support a government that has kept polythecnic lecturers at home for close to a year. All their concern is how to get re-elected come 2015.
Well said
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by eaglechild: 11:43pm On Jul 11, 2014
IYANGBALI: [s]that was when doctors were human beings not now that they only think of money,money,money,money[/s]
Hmmm.

That was when doctors were accorded their rights and privileges.

2 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by ziccoit: 11:43pm On Jul 11, 2014
eejo: health care is like the armed forces the army, navy, airforce must work together to win a war nobody is more important than the other since 1960 doctors with no administrative knowlege had been heading still WHO rank nigeria health care 191 out of 197 despite huge fund been spent time for a change nigerians needs a fine health care system so that we can ranked among the top 20 in the world

grin grin grin. Ok the same way Nigeria has ranked among the top best in. . . . .

CORRUPTION. We haven't got the leader yet man.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Leopantro: 11:44pm On Jul 11, 2014
moshoodn: Truth is most doctors in Nigeria are not committed.

Most are in for the money.

What the hell happened to the Hippocrates Oath!

Only Nigerian Doctors strike in the world (quote me on this anywhere). Does that mean all other governments of the world are performing optimally in the Health Sector?

I'm not standing in for the FG, but if truly the docs respect the oath they took, they will be more diplomatic and tactical.

FGs all around the world are all evasive, so its not a Nigerian issue.

Coming to air to lay the issue to bare will only attact public sympathy to the more eloquent side.

I wish they resolve it soonest and people can get their treatments.

sorry to prove you wrong but it's not only in Nigeria doctors have gone on strike. Google striking doctors in England, isreal and India.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by echarlz(m): 11:45pm On Jul 11, 2014
casket:
I love your spirit and optimism but you and I know how reliable and trustworthy our government is !

Thanks brother. It should be backed by appropriate legislation. Attorneys can turn to it to get relief for aggrieved patients in the courts. And ALL consultants are liable in that regard. No one will tell you this about the US system. There, no one wants to wear the crown because uneasy lies on it. PRIVATISATION is the answer! It puts every category of healthcare worker in its rightful place and makes all more responsible. No one feeds fat or cheats on such systems by agitating for and getting undeserved allowances and wages. Your job is your job,../whatever it is you are trained to do. You feel too big or too important, you are fired. As simple as A, B, C.
To be honest, I do not care who is labelled a consultant or how many directors govt wishes to appoint in each of the centres or who becomes health minister. i am concerned about the consequences of all these for patient care. I am concerned about the anarchy that has long existed in the system and the dimension the lawlessness will assume. I am concerned about those who want uniform wages for all categories despite that our inputs to patient care differ. I am concerned about the chain reactions that will follow the dissolution of the amalgam once the gang-up against doctors is over. After giving much thought to this, I am convinced privatisation is the only way out. Govt may come back after years to re-invest and make money because I can assure you, it will not only work, it will boom.
God bless

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by cococandy(f): 11:45pm On Jul 11, 2014
So you can type complete words and sentences? smiley
Glory be to God.
Reject the spirit of laziness so you'll grow into a better doctor and the the entitled petulant nimcompoops parading as doctors that we see everyday.
Mission accomplished. Goodnight eh grin
youngdoctor:
now i comprehend you perfectly.you are probably an undergraduate or an admission-seeking student..time will tell dear.you will soon grow up.

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 11, 2014
Nigerian doctors are fighting a war on multiple fronts.

Nigerian doctors vs JOHESU
Nigerian doctors vs FG
Nigerian doctors vs states
Nigerian doctors vs Citizens
Nigerian doctors vs other Nigerian doctors

The lord is your strength oo.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by rotadeco27: 11:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
Why is FG making doctors feel so important by challenging them to come for a public debate. I think their consultant nurses, pharmacists lab scientists and others should be able to uphold the hospitals and run them effectively .however if FG eventually dances to d tone of NMA johesu will want to embark on a reactionary industrial action.then we sha know who is indispensable in the hospital.They shd just leave without locking the patients folders,theater suits wards, power house.I promise dat they wil b forgotten at home. WHO is the mother of all health institutions in world,all it D.G have ever been medical doctors.Nigerians shd not allow FG to use politics to sink our health sector.NMA should fight it to the meaningful end.

3 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by angela98(f): 11:57pm On Jul 11, 2014
Abeg, dey should debate quickly so that I can have one of this handsome doctor examine my waist pain joor. NLanders pls keep updating us of the debate. Since one months now, we no get light na torchlight I dey use. smiley

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by youngdoctor(m): 12:04am On Jul 12, 2014
angela98: Abeg, dey should debate quickly so that I can have one of this handsome doctor examine my waist pain joor. NLanders pls keep updating us of the debate. Since one months now, we no get light na torchlight I dey use. smiley
(in the lighter mood)..i can do that for you..afterall i went to school for 6years studying this..*hehehe*
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by dumodust(m): 12:06am On Jul 12, 2014
rotadeco27: Why is FG making doctors feel so important by challenging them to come for a public debate. I think their consultant nurses, pharmacists lab scientists and others should be able to uphold the hospitals and run them effectively .however if FG eventually dances to d tone of NMA johesu will want to embark on a reactionary industrial action.then we sha know who is indispensable in the hospital.They shd just leave without locking the patients folders,theater suits wards, power house.I promise dat they wil b forgotten at home. WHO is the mother of all health institutions in world,all it D.G have ever been medical doctors.Nigerians shd not allow FG to use politics to sink our health sector.NMA should fight it to the meaningful end.
public take note, the bolded is how johesu effect their strikes... they lock up wards and equipment but we still manage to do our work
now, they rusting at work and no one is interfering...or locking up things or chasing patients away... so to the public, your 'healthcare professionals' are currently on duty and the hospitals are open, consult them undecided

2 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by dumodust(m): 12:08am On Jul 12, 2014
angela98: Abeg, dey should debate quickly so that I can have one of this handsome doctor examine my waist pain joor. NLanders pls keep updating us of the debate. Since one months now, we no get light na torchlight I dey use. smiley
show me the waist tongue... i'll examine it for free if it fits the criteria shocked...lol

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by prettyprettywow: 12:15am On Jul 12, 2014
You forgot to add
Doctors vs NLC
Doctors vs TUC
Doctors vs NIC
Doctors vs CBN
Doctors vs Reporters/Journalists
NMA vs NARD

By the way, what happened to NMA's vehicle special plate number? Govt never provide am with immediate effect?
saxywale: Nigerian doctors are fighting a war on multiple fronts.

Nigerian doctors vs JOHESU
Nigerian doctors vs FG
Nigerian doctors vs states
Nigerian doctors vs Citizens
Nigerian doctors vs other Nigerian doctors

The lord is your strength oo.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by prettyprettywow: 12:18am On Jul 12, 2014
The same way Doctors hurriedly discharged all the patients during the strike.
dumodust:
public take note, the bolded is how johesu effect their strikes... they lock up wards and equipment but we still manage to do our work
now, they rusting at work and no one is interfering...or locking up things or chasing patients away... so to the public, your 'healthcare professionals' are currently on duty and the hospitals are open, consult them undecided
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by DebateNigeria: 12:19am On Jul 12, 2014
prettyprettywow: You forgot to add
Doctors vs NLC
Doctors vs TUC
Doctors vs NIC
Doctors vs CBN
Doctors vs Reporters/Journalists
NMA vs NARD
Lol, I pity them sha.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by prettyprettywow: 12:31am On Jul 12, 2014
I am waiting to see how this will end. Telling the FG to disregard court ruling is committing suicide. the strike has now entered the 12th day, and no show. NMA thought that the FG will bow as usual once they threaten govt with strike, but the opposite is now the case. I remember that the last JOHESU strike didn't enter the second week, and FG yielded to their demands. This is because JOHESU followed all due processes, and it was clear to the public. NMA doesn't want to go through the industrial court, they don't want to wait for the outcome of the Yayale report, they want to do everything by fire by force. They are against NLC, TUC, CBN, NIC, and are now attacking reporters who condemn their actions. So tell me how everybody will be wrong while they are right? NMA should not let this strike be their downfall. You think GEJ doesn't know what he is doing? He may appear gentle, but he is not a fool. He threads carefully.

Besides, NMA is using the strike to show us how important they are, forgeting that if NUPENG (petroleum tanker drivers) should decide to strike, the country will be at standstill.
rotadeco27: Why is FG making doctors feel so important by challenging them to come for a public debate. I think their consultant nurses, pharmacists lab scientists and others should be able to uphold the hospitals and run them effectively .however if FG eventually dances to d tone of NMA johesu will want to embark on a reactionary industrial action.then we sha know who is indispensable in the hospital.They shd just leave without locking the patients folders,theater suits wards, power house.I promise dat they wil b forgotten at home. WHO is the mother of all health institutions in world,all it D.G have ever been medical doctors.Nigerians shd not allow FG to use politics to sink our health sector.NMA should fight it to the meaningful end.

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by 9jaBabe1(f): 12:32am On Jul 12, 2014
sonofaGod: FOOLS,keep dispaying arrogance and animosity towards doctors till u will require doctors services to save your lives or that of your loved ones one day.that's when u will recognise their importance in society.there is a good reason y doctors are leaving this countries in droves more than benin gals are going to italy because society has failed to give them their dues even though d same society expects so much from them
Are Doctors the only people in the health sector.Why are the been lead by money and their ego but not the oath they took to save humanity.Mtchew,they should think twice.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by dumodust(m): 12:32am On Jul 12, 2014
prettyprettywow: The same way Doctors hurriedly discharged all the patients during the strike.

patients on the wards actually decide to go on their own... they know who is who
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by einsteino(m): 12:35am On Jul 12, 2014
eejo: health care is like the armed forces the army, navy, airforce must work together to win a war nobody is more important than the other since 1960 doctors with no administrative knowlege had been heading still WHO rank nigeria health care 191 out of 197 despite huge fund been spent time for a change nigerians needs a fine health care system so that we can ranked among the top 20 in the world

Sorry am an engineer, not a doc. But ur comparison is faulty. Army, navy, airforce are in d same cadre just as mech engrs, civil engrs. Comparing doctors with nurses is wrong. They do not have the same admission requirements like army, navy, air force, neither do they spend d same no of years. D right comparison would have been a non officer in d army lyk sergeant vs an officer say lieutenant cos though they both work in d same army, their qualification is different and admission requirement is different, and only the officers are allowed admin positions

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by prettyprettywow: 12:37am On Jul 12, 2014
They discharged the patients because they were admitted under the consultant's name. No patient decided to go on their own unless those that could afford private hospitals. Patients are being managed by other team of professionals are working together at their level of expertise, unlike the doctors who think they do not need anybody to work effectively. Though it will not be easy without the doctors, but they are doing their best
dumodust:

patients on the wards actually decide to go on their own... they know who is who
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by KOBOJO: 12:40am On Jul 12, 2014
prettyprettywow: The same way Doctors hurriedly discharged all the patients during the strike.

And the patients hurriedly left the hospitals in droves because they don't want to die in the hands of (johesu) our so called;
console-tant nurses.,
console-tant pharmacists.,
console-tant lab. technicians
and the other killer-squads u hv under that evil gathering called johesu...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Can I Cure Clipper Bumps / Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. / Kerosene Explosion Kills Four Family Members In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.