Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,635 members, 7,809,388 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. (18308 Views)

NMA To End Strike Soon! / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee / FG Begs To NMA To Suspend Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by prettyprettywow: 12:44am On Jul 12, 2014
What other requirement do medical schools require aside JAMB and O'level? Are students required to take another set of exams before going into medicine? Every department have their own JAMB cutoff point, but that doesn't mean that one is superior to the other. After all, for some years, OAU Nursing dept had the highest JAMB cut off point for admission. That happened not because nursing was superior to the other courses, but because the demand was so much higher than supply.

Comparing the hospital to aircraft, and the judicial system is fallacious. Healthcare is like a football team. must the captain always be the goalkeeper because all the strikers, midfielders and defenders must come to him? will you say that the midfielder is more important than the striker, or that the goal keeper is the most important? Is the captain of the team no longer to be chosen by virtue of leadership, expertise, managerial experience and character/integrity any longer? Are we saying all the other healthcare professionals are absolutely devoid of these attributes. Everybody is working towards one goal which is patient care.
einsteino:

Sorry am an engineer, not a doc. But ur comparison is faulty. Army, navy, airforce are in d same cadre just as mech engrs, civil engrs. Comparing doctors with nurses is wrong. They do not have the same admission requirements like army, navy, air force, neither do they spend d same no of years. D right comparison would have been a non officer in d army lyk sergeant vs an officer say lieutenant cos though they both work in d same army, their qualification is different and admission requirement is different, and only the officers are allowed admin positions

8 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by angela98(f): 12:50am On Jul 12, 2014
dumodust:
show me the waist tongue... i'll examine it for free if it fits the criteria shocked...lol
hmmm u too spoil.I just dey suspect u... grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by amobii: 12:50am On Jul 12, 2014
In fact i don't understand people at the elm of affairs any more, the serious issue in the nation you are calling for debate,what would that bring after argument, it would still be deadlock. The real issue is to call for meeting and agreement.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by dumodust(m): 12:56am On Jul 12, 2014
prettyprettywow: What other requirement do aside JAMB and O'level? Do students require another set of exams before going into medicine? Every department have their own JAMB cutoff point, but that doesn't mean that one is superior to the other.
Healthcare is like a football team. must the captain always be the goalkeeper because all the strikers, midfielders and defenders must come to him? will you say that the midfielder is more important than the striker, or that the goal keeper is the most important? Is the captain of the team no longer to be chosen by virtue of leadership, expertise, managerial experience and character/integrity any longer? Are we saying all the other healthcare professionals are absolutely devoid of these attributes. Everybody is working towards one goal which is patient care.

@ the bolded, read it again from the side and ask yourself whether you wrote this. the way nigeria is going, one day people will want to be cbn governor from the streets... besides they have Waec shebi?
healthcare is not like football... one day someone will say the judiciary or university is like football...hmmm
if you have not worked in a hospital... dont bother replying

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by dumodust(m): 12:58am On Jul 12, 2014
angela98: hmmm u too spoil.I just dey suspect u... grin grin
lool... i'm very professional in 'all' i do with waists grin
who never spoil? when dem don they show u privates for textbook and live since 2nd year shocked
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by prettyprettywow: 12:59am On Jul 12, 2014
The same way patients hurriedly left the hospitals in droves when JOHESU went on strike. No one profession can do it alone and govt knows that. I await when the doctors will return to their duty posts in shame
KOBOJO:

And the patients hurriedly left the hospitals in droves because they don't want to die in the hands of (johesu) our so called;
console-tant nurses.,
console-tant pharmacists.,
console-tant lab. technicians
and the other killer-squads u hv under that evil gathering called johesu...
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by prettyprettywow: 1:01am On Jul 12, 2014
@ the bolded, the same way you compare the health sector to the judiciary and aircraft, with doctors as judges and pilots while others are flight attendants..You still did not tell me the extra requirements for medical school admission.

I don't know why we are even bothering ourselves here over this strike issue, at the end, it is still the FG that will decide what happens
dumodust:

@ the bolded, read it again from the side and ask yourself whether you wrote this. the way nigeria is going, one day people will want to be cbn governor from the streets... besides they have Waec shebi?
healthcare is not like football... one day someone will say the judiciary or university is like football...hmmm
if you have not worked in a hospital... dont bother replying
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by emmalexabl(m): 1:15am On Jul 12, 2014
This is cluelesness at its peak !!
Many lives are at stake and this is what fg came up with..a public debate
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by kmariko: 1:16am On Jul 12, 2014
I think the health care system in the country is still stuck in the 18 century not much innovation coming from that sector.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by phantom(m): 1:21am On Jul 12, 2014
a debate? grin .....with who? this criminally minded FG.? these thieves who can't debate to save their lives want to debate with doctors?? loooooool
prof chukwu,when you and your dumb president are tired of fooling yourselves, nobody go tell una to arrange una house. debate my foot....lol
this I.diotic minister who made a fool of himself when he announced to the whole world that the strike would end last week monday only for him to wake up on Tuesday to even more deserted hospitals. clown.

when you are ready to deal sir, you know where to find us.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by einsteino(m): 1:27am On Jul 12, 2014
in the military, a sergeant can never get to the rank of 2nd lieutenant, a rank that a fresh graduate of NDA is commissioned. am a big fan of U.S marines, and i can say the same is obtainable in the U.S. I was amazed when a picture was uploaded of a lieutenant manning a machine gun and some marines mainly non officers commented saying "when the lieutenant is behind the MG, he had better be the last man(cos where d heck are d sergs?)". at the same time, i also ran into an interview of a U.S marine corps Captain saying "when we are advancing, the officers are in the front and when we are retreating, officers are at the back, first in and last out respectively". there is this bond btw the non officers and officers, even on their 238th birthday anniversary the commandant of the USMC had the Sergeant Major standing side by side. recently Corporal william kyle carpenter was awarded the medal of honour upon the recommendations of his bosses(obviously who are officers), mind you this award is the highest award in U.S military. they didnt say "No! he is a non-officer".

Unfortunately the same cannot be said of our military, its no news that non-officers here feel maltreated by the officers. every benefit and award is hijacked by the supposed superior officers here. the problem is not the organogram, it is the nigerian thinking. we always like to lord it over. if each time the doctors fight for salary increment, they carry the others along, this whole bullshit wouldnt have started. we all know the doctors have the highest bargaining power, but as chairs of the health sector, they should not expect the respect of the other guys if they cant defend and fight for them. it is like a total stranger expecting me to accord him the respect due to a father, just cos his blood runs in me. Inshort Doctors ought to be part and parcel of JOHESU!

I think its already enough madness to have ministers in sectors they know nothing about, we can't have JOHESU running hospitals. nonetheless they should enjoy the remuneration due to people in a health sector. all this power tussle makes no sense, in every sector, there are those who are to lead and those who are to follow. am a civil engr, when handling building projects, an architect becomes the head of the team, that he is the head doesn't make me inferior, it is just right that all i do conforms to his plan. when am working on strictly engineering projects like roads, he has no stake whatsoever in them, he cant even be in the team. the same analogy is true for doctors vs pharmacists.

dont fight yourselves, everyone is important but some have elevated positions. what you need is a united JOHESU that includes everyone, fight together for a better healthcare system.

9 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by einsteino(m): 1:35am On Jul 12, 2014
prettyprettywow: What other requirement do medical schools require aside JAMB and O'level? Are students required to take another set of exams before going into medicine? Every department have their own JAMB cutoff point, but that doesn't mean that one is superior to the other. After all, for some years, OAU Nursing dept had the highest JAMB cut off point for admission. That happened not because nursing was superior to the other courses, but because the demand was so much higher than supply.

Comparing the hospital to aircraft, and the judicial system is fallacious. Healthcare is like a football team. must the captain always be the goalkeeper because all the strikers, midfielders and defenders must come to him? will you say that the midfielder is more important than the striker, or that the goal keeper is the most important? Is the captain of the team no longer to be chosen by virtue of leadership, expertise, managerial experience and character/integrity any longer? Are we saying all the other healthcare professionals are absolutely devoid of these attributes. Everybody is working towards one goal which is patient care.

once again your comparison lacks any logic. a football team comprises of football players i.e like saying doctors comprises of neurologists, surgeons, gynecologists e.t.c meanwhile there are those who aids the teams output e.g supporters club, the health dept, their trainers

even in a football team, defenders hardly get as much as a striker does. also on the issue of qualification, stop lying through your teeth. we all graduated from unis, we know what it takes to be a doctor and what it takes to be a nurse. do you know how many times in University of nigeria, medical student have attempted suicide? those guys live in fear, they read like their lives depend on it, i remember how a friend of mine whose first year gp was 4.8 (then he was in vet med) got failed out of medicine(when he resat jamb and gained admission to med) . inshort it was so tough that medicine students finally agreed that it took more than brains to succeed, many of them turned to die hard speaking in tongues Christians...lol

nonetheless that doesn't make them Gods. in some countries, nurses get crazy pays and their job is even less tedious than our nigerian nurses. what am just trying to say is, admitting that being a doctor require a higher deal of dedication doesn't make u inferior. I give them their respect, its not easy but they shouldnt look down on anyone else their balconies would be taken

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by myspnigeria: 1:35am On Jul 12, 2014
prettyprettywow: What other requirement do medical schools require aside JAMB and O'level? Are students required to take another set of exams before going into medicine? Every department have their own JAMB cutoff point, but that doesn't mean that one is superior to the other. After all, for some years, OAU Nursing dept had the highest JAMB cut off point for admission. That happened not because nursing was superior to the other courses, but because the demand was so much higher than supply.

God bless u for ds eye opening analysis
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by prettyprettywow: 1:36am On Jul 12, 2014
it used to be like that until the doctors abused the privilege given to them. they now started seeing others as morons. hence the agitation. Others are now saying No, let's run our health system like other countries with better healthcare. Architechs are in charge of bulding,, but they can never tell the engineers that their degrees are inferior to theirs. You can't force a leader on people when the followers say NO we don't want him
einsteino: in the military, a sergeant can never get to the rank of 2nd lieutenant, a rank that a fresh graduate of NDA is commissioned. am a big fan of U.S marines, and i can say the same is obtainable in the U.S. I was amazed when a picture was uploaded of a lieutenant manning a machine gun and some marines mainly non officers commented saying "when the lieutenant is behind the MG, he had better be the last man(cos where d heck are d sergs?)". at the same time, i also ran into an interview of a U.S marine corps Captain saying "when we are advancing, the officers are in the front and when we are retreating, officers are at the back, first in and last out respectively". there is this bond btw the non officers and officers, even on their 238th birthday anniversary the commandant of the USMC had the Sergeant Major standing side by side. recently Corporal william kyle carpenter was awarded the medal of honour upon the recommendations of his bosses(obviously who are officers), mind you this award is the highest award in U.S military. they didnt say "No! he is a non-officer".

Unfortunately the same cannot be said of our military, its no news that non-officers here feel maltreated by the officers. every benefit and award is hijacked by the supposed superior officers here. the problem is not the organogram, it is the nigerian thinking. we always like to lord it over. if each time the doctors fight for salary increment, they carry the others along, this whole bullshit wouldnt have started. we all know the doctors have the highest bargaining power, but as chairs of the health sector, they should not expect the respect of the other guys if they cant defend and fight for them. it is like a total stranger expecting me to accord him the respect due to a father, just cos his blood runs in me. Inshort Doctors ought to be part and parcel of JOHESU!

I think its already enough madness to have ministers in sectors they know nothing about, we can't have JOHESU running hospitals. nonetheless they should enjoy the remuneration due to people in a health sector. all this power tussle makes no sense, in every sector, there are those who are to lead and those who are to follow. am a civil engr, when handling building projects, an architect becomes the head of the team, that he is the head doesn't make me inferior, it is just right that all i do conforms to his plan. when am working on strictly engineering projects like roads, he has no stake whatsoever in them, he cant even be in the team. the same analogy is true for doctors vs pharmacists.

dont fight yourselves, everyone is important but some have elevated positions. what you need is a united JOHESU that includes everyone, fight together for a better healthcare system.

2 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by prettyprettywow: 1:41am On Jul 12, 2014
The 'Ball" in football is like the patient. We toss them from one professional to the other until we achieve our desired aim which is positive patient outcome (to score a goal). Do all patient require the services of neurologists, surgeons, gynaecology all at once? NO. But almost all patient require the services of almost all the other professionals in the hospital at once (pharm, nurse, dr, lab etc) comparing patient care to anything else(judiciary, aircraft) is babash. take it or leave it.
einsteino:

once again your comparison lacks any logic. a[b] football team comprises of football players i.e like saying doctors comprises of neurologists, surgeons, gynecologists [/b]e.t.c meanwhile there are those who aids the teams output e.g supporters club, the health dept, their trainers

4 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by myspnigeria: 1:41am On Jul 12, 2014
einsteino: in the military, a sergeant can never get to the rank of 2nd lieutenant, a rank that a fresh graduate of NDA is commissioned. am a big fan of U.S marines, and i can say the same is obtainable in the U.S. I was amazed when a picture was uploaded of a lieutenant manning a machine gun and some marines mainly non officers commented saying "when the lieutenant is behind the MG, he had better be the last man(cos where d heck are d sergs?)". at the same time, i also ran into an interview of a U.S marine corps Captain saying "when we are advancing, the officers are in the front and when we are retreating, officers are at the back, first in and last out respectively". there is this bond btw the non officers and officers, even on their 238th birthday anniversary the commandant of the USMC had the Sergeant Major standing side by side. recently Corporal william kyle carpenter was awarded the medal of honour upon the recommendations of his bosses(obviously who are officers), mind you this award is the highest award in U.S military. they didnt say "No! he is a non-officer".

you have displayed a very high level of intelligence with your analysis. God bless u with more wisdom

2 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by ziga: 2:01am On Jul 12, 2014
DebateNigeria: Debate is good news.
First of all, health managers should take charge of our hospitals, that will put an end to this fracas. The doctor should be second in the hierarchy while others follow.
We are currently having a debate in the previous NMA thread. I am yet to see any hospital in the USA where a laboratory scientist or a pharmacist or a nurse is made head over a medical doctor. Most times they make health managers head of hospitals, these are people with vast knowledge on management, they are business minded and goal oriented. It's not enough for a medical doctor or any other health worker to work for several years and automatically earn the position meant for managers. Doctors should be made head of clinical services while managers, economists et al head the hospitals.

Don't mind how people react based on emotions and mix a lot of things up.

In developed countries where they have hospital management, their responsibilities are totally managerial and they do not make clinical decisions without consulting with the appropriate clinical specialties.

And the overall head of the clinical team is the chief medical director, who is always a MD.

I don't care about managers being employed to head hospital managements in Nigeria, as long as they make good management decisions and improve quality of life for Nigerians.

Doctors in Nigeria are grossly underpaid, that is why Doctors are trained for cheap in Nigeria and the leave the country for more competitive jobs in developed countries where they are appreciated.

I don't understand how Nigerians are clearly being robbed by their own leaders and they don't see.

Well... we get the leaders we deserve.

2 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by prettyprettywow: 2:06am On Jul 12, 2014
I attended the same university with medical students. We studied together. We all know whats up among ourselves. Stop deceiving yourself and the public. We know what happens after their MBBS exams, and how most cross over. Don.t forget that I had them as friends in school.We still have people in studying physics, aeronautic engineering, mechanical engineering and they have not committed suicide. You can tell this cock and bull story to the market women. This is how we used to hear about how hard anatomy is before we entered school. No be the same anatomy I do with the medical students in the same class and same exam? mtcheeeeeewww. Days are long gone when we hear this kind of gist. Commit suicide indeed. suicide is a psychiatric problem let me tell you. And people have been committing suicide without going to medical schools.

As for speaking in tongues, in my school, student nurses spoke in tongues more than other students because of their council exams which is a standardized exam in this country.

So because defenders hardly get as much as a striker, does that make him inferior/less important?
einsteino:

once again your comparison lacks any logic. a football team comprises of football players i.e like saying doctors comprises of neurologists, surgeons, gynecologists e.t.c meanwhile there are those who aids the teams output e.g supporters club, the health dept, their trainers

even in a football team, defenders hardly get as much as a striker does. also on the issue of qualification, stop lying through your teeth. we all graduated from unis, we know what it takes to be a doctor and what it takes to be a nurse. do you know how many times in University of nigeria, medical student have attempted suicide? those guys live in fear, they read like their lives depend on it, i remember how a friend of mine whose first year gp was 4.8 (then he was in vet med) got failed out of medicine(when he resat jamb and gained admission to med) . inshort it was so tough that medicine students finally agreed that it took more than brains to succeed, many of them turned to die hard speaking in tongues Christians...lol

nonetheless that doesn't make them Gods. in some countries, nurses get crazy pays and their job is even less tedious than our nigerian nurses. what am just trying to say is, admitting that being a doctor require a higher deal of dedication doesn't make u inferior. I give them their respect, its not easy but they shouldnt look down on anyone else their balconies would be taken

2 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by daygeee(m): 2:08am On Jul 12, 2014
moshoodn: Truth is most doctors in Nigeria are not committed.

Most are in for the money.

What the hell happened to the Hippocrates Oath!

Only Nigerian Doctors strike in the world (quote me on this anywhere). Does that mean all other governments of the world are performing optimally in the Health Sector?

Refer to my post https://www.nairaland.com/1809026/israeli-doctors-strike-finally-ends

Careful not to talk about what you know little about. They were on strike for a few similar reasons as doctors are in Nigeria presently.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by omotfavy(f): 2:31am On Jul 12, 2014
einsteino:

Sorry am an engineer, not a doc. But ur comparison is faulty. Army, navy, airforce are in d same cadre just as mech engrs, civil engrs. Comparing doctors with nurses is wrong. They do not have the same admission requirements like army, navy, air force, neither do they spend d same no of years. D right comparison would have been a non officer in d army lyk sergeant vs an officer say lieutenant cos though they both work in d same army, their qualification is different and admission requirement is different, and only the officers are allowed admin positions
.its quite unfortunate some pple talk widout facts,b u a Doc,pharmacist,nurse etc,they are admitted with same o level result,Go to OAU,d jamb cut offs for Nursing student is even higher to dat of a medical student.So nxt time,talk reasonably with facts!.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by daygeee(m): 2:48am On Jul 12, 2014
omotfavy: .Go to OAU,d jamb cut offs for Nursing student is even higher to dat of a medical student.So nxt time,talk reasonably with facts!.

I beg to disagree. I sort admission in OAU to study medicine. Cut off to study medicine was always d highest. Mind you Bsc nursing was only recently introduced so over 80% of Nigerian nurses went to school of nursing.

Not as if telling you this really matters. Your bias mind seems made up.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by dexterinc2003: 2:49am On Jul 12, 2014
Kubbler Ross stages of grief........

1.DENIAL
2.ANGER
3.BARGAINING
4.DEPRESSION
5.ACCEPTANCE

The FG is on stage 3(BARGAINING)...while JOHESU is on stage 4(DEPRESSION)....the unfortunate general populace is on stage 2(ANGER).
The strike will be called off when everyone meets at stage 5(ACCEPTANCE).
Tilll then,keep dropping your comments while avoiding the needful.
Im waiting for the slow olodo still on stage 1(DENIAL)to come and quote me.

4 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by einsteino(m): 2:49am On Jul 12, 2014
prettyprettywow: I attended the same university with medical students. We studied together. We all know whats up among ourselves. Stop deceiving yourself and the public. We know what happens after their MBBS exams, and how most cross over. Don.t forget that I had them as friends in school.We still have people in studying physics, aeronautic engineering, mechanical engineering and they have not committed suicide. You can tell this cock and bull story to the market women. This is how we used to hear about how hard anatomy is before we entered school. No be the same anatomy I do with the medical students in the same class and same exam? mtcheeeeeewww. Days are long gone when we hear this kind of gist. Commit suicide indeed. suicide is a psychiatric problem let me tell you. And people have been committing suicide without going to medical schools.

As for speaking in tongues, in my school, student nurses spoke in tongues more than other students because of their council exams which is a standardized exam in this country.

So because defenders hardly get as much as a striker, does that make him inferior/less important?

@Bolded is that how you guys do it in your alma mater? well in mine it was a totally different ball game(inshort if MBBS can be bought in your school, then it means every other certificate including BSc Nursing from ur school is just a fat receipt). even a student of physics commited suicide while i was in uni. there was a fanaticism for excellence in my school, though i didnt support going to that length. whether suicide is a psychiatric problem or not, bottom line is medicine was tough enough to cause that psychiatric problem.

like i said, i studied civil engr not medicine. never was interested in medicine even though my parents tried to pressure me to study medicine. nonetheless i believe we all know that some courses have better prospects, and you were at liberty to choose ur course.

pls and pls i never said defenders(nurses in ur analogy) are less important, i only said strikers have better prospects. they dont mean the same thing. an offshore engr's pay triples mine, are we not both engrs? didnt we study for the same duration? does that make him look down on me? does it make me inferior? the answer to all these is NO! it simply means, his field has a better prospect than mine. i was aware of all these while filling my jamb form and yet still chose civil engr, it would be an insult to my profession to start whining.

like i said in my lengthy post, some careers enjoy elevated positions in a field. what i demand from anyone i work for is respect and the same respect i give to people who work with/under me, even in my place of work, i greet the i.t students "Good morning sir".. they initially were worried about it, and my colleagues frowned at it saying it would make them see us as mates, imagine o! the same i.t students that in a year's time would graduate to be engineers just like me.
This tells u something, nigerians like lording over people, inshort most staffs treat i.t students as errand boys. i chose to make them feel at home with me cos how else can i teach someone who sees me as a boss instead of a leader.

there needs to be a change in the way things are going on amongst health workers(inshort in the whole country), that i do not argue. but do not try to prove ur point by saying it takes nuffin special to be a doctor cos that would just make people see you as just a disgruntled fellow.

4 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by prettyprettywow: 2:53am On Jul 12, 2014
My argument is not whether people go to school of nursing or not. I am talking about BNsc nursing. Same way your bias mind is made up. I know that there is nothing i will write to change that, so no need. Cuttoff point is not static my dear
daygeee:

I beg to disagree. I sort admission in OAU to study medicine. Cut off to study medicine was always d highest. Mind you Bsc nursing was only recently introduced so over 80% of Nigerian nurses went to school of nursing.

Not as if telling you this really matters. Your bias mind seems made up.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by omotfavy(f): 2:54am On Jul 12, 2014
dumodust:
public take note, the bolded is how johesu effect their strikes... they lock up wards and equipment but we still manage to do our work
now, they rusting at work and no one is interfering...or locking up things or chasing patients away... so to the public, your 'healthcare professionals' are currently on duty and the hospitals are open, consult them undecided
u are a bloody liar,in my own facility we have patients dat are been taken care of so stop saying wat u donno
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by prettyprettywow: 2:56am On Jul 12, 2014
NMA is still on stage one(DENIAL). they are denying the fact that the wind of change is here and has come to stay. You will soon see how fast they will get to stage 5 (acceptance + shame)
dexterinc2003: Kubbler Ross stages of grief........

1.DENIAL
2.ANGER
3.BARGAINING
4.DEPRESSION
5.ACCEPTANCE

The FG is on stage 3(BARGAINING)...while JOHESU is on stage 4(DEPRESSION)....the unfortunate general populace is on stage 2(ANGER).
The strike will be called off when everyone meets at stage 5(ACCEPTANCE).
Tilll then,keep dropping your comments while avoiding the needful.
Im waiting for the slow olodo still on stage 1(DENIAL)to come and quote me.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by einsteino(m): 3:01am On Jul 12, 2014
omotfavy: .its quite unfortunate some pple talk widout facts,b u a Doc,pharmacist,nurse etc,they are admitted with same o level result,Go to OAU,d jamb cut offs for Nursing student is even higher to dat of a medical student.So nxt time,talk reasonably with facts!.

some of you make me wonder if you are educated. that they require o'level for all courses, does it mean its the same requirement across board. even in engineering, civil engr and chemical engr has slightly different requirement, the compulsory courses for civil isnt the same for chem. in my school, you dare not combine results like u do for some courses in medicine.. medicine o'level must be 6crdts at one sitting(although most of those fellas tender all A's... crazy geeks)

their cut off was so high that as an engr student i used to console myself that it was cos they dont write maths thats why they could score such. but funny enough the best maths student in my secondary school ended up studying medicine. i can bet that most peeps here also had a greater majority of their best students dreaming of medicine.

Nigerians would never tell the truth, never! what is there to admit that it is not beans to study medicine? my friends then used to look at me as a demi god for being able to put up with maths(their phobia) in engineering, unknown to them my phobia was biology and the unnecessary cramming involved in medicine. when u meet rilli educated people, they would respect u even if you are illiterate. i am not in support of the discrimination, i am just saying dont deny the elevated status of medicine, instead seek respect and remuneration.

2 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by prettyprettywow: 3:04am On Jul 12, 2014
I wasn't referring to nurses as the defenders. I quite agree that some courses have more prospect than others. Does the offshore engr tell you that they are naturally the leader of the team?, that you are a support staff in the oil industry? that he owns the rig? or that you are less of an engr because he earns more? Your mentality is different from the average mentality of Nigerian Drs. You are talking from the piont of view of an engr which is different from what is happening in the health sector. so would you seriously liken the health sector with an aircraft or the judiciary? as opposed to the engineering field?

Besides, I was referring to the university I graduated from and what happens during MBBS. I don't know about your school. But it is the same group that will tell you that you failed jamb
einsteino:

@Bolded is that how you guys do it in your alma mater? well in mine it was a totally different ball game. even a student of physics commited suicide while i was in uni. there was a fanaticism for excellence in my school, though i didnt support going to that length. whether it is a psychiatric problem or not, bottom line is medicine was tough enough to cause most of the attempted suicide.

like i said, i studied civil engr not medicine. never was interested in medicine even though my parents tried to pressure me to study medicine. nonetheless i believe we all know that some courses have better prospects, and you were at liberty to choose ur course.

pls and pls i never said defenders(nurses in ur analogy) are less important, i only said strikers have better prospects. they dont mean the same thing. an offshore engr's pay triples mine, are we not both engrs? didnt we study for the same duration? does that make him look down on me? does it make me inferior? the answer to all these is NO! it simply means, his field has a better prospect than mine. i was aware of all these while filling my jamb form and yet still chose civil engr, it would be an insult to my profession to start whining.

like i said in my lengthy post, some careers enjoy elevated positions in a field. what i demand from anyone i work for is respect and the same respect i give to people who work with/under me, even in my place of work, i greet the i.t students "Good morning sir".. they initially were worried about it, and my colleagues frowned at it saying it would make them see us as mates, imagine o! the same i.t students that in a year's time would graduate to be engineers just like me.
This tells u something, nigerians like lording over people, inshort most staffs treat i.t students as errand boys. i chose to make them feel at home with me cos how else can i teach someone who sees me as a boss instead of a leader.

there needs to be a change in the way things are going on amongst health workers(inshort in the whole country), that i do not argue. but do not try to prove ur point by saying it takes nuffin special to be a doctor cos that would just make people see ypu as just a disgruntle fellow.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by prettyprettywow: 3:13am On Jul 12, 2014
@ the first bolded: It is the same O'level requirement for all health workers.5 credits in...physics, chemistry, biology, maths and English. It doesn't matter if you had parallel A's or C's. And again, medicine is not 6 credits at one sitting but 5credits. get your facts right. You claim you are not in medical field, yet you claim to know more than those in the field. Pick a JAMB Brochure and check the O'level requirements. Of course people dreamt of studying medicine back then in school, because of the prospects and the economy. But people now go for courses with prospects outside the shores of this country, hence the high rate for admission in nursing, pharmacy etc (nursing used to be a course for lowlifes, but because of the prospect outside nigeria, it has seen a dramatic change in caliber of people going into it). @ the second bolded: Nobody is denying the status of a doctor, but they shouldn't prevent others from rising to the peak of their career just because they want to maintain the status quo. Imagine saying that others should not rise to the post of directors(level 17), that they must retire as assistant directors? when requirement for directorship is just a university degree. Because you feel threatened, you want to suppress the growth of others. The sky is big enough for everybody. Live and let's live.

For more info on who is pulling who down, go through the 24 commandments of NMA with an unbiased mind
einsteino:

some of you make me wonder if you are educated. that they require o'level for all courses, does it mean its the same requirement across board. even in engineering, civil engr and chemical engr has slightly different requirement, the compulsory courses for civil isnt the same for chem. in my school, you dare not combine results like u do for some courses in medicine.. medicine o'level must be 6crdts at one sitting(although most of those fellas tender all A's... crazy geeks)

their cut off was so high that as an engr student i used to console myself that it was cos they dont write maths thats why they could score such. but funny enough the best maths student in my secondary school ended up studying medicine. i can bet that most peeps here also had a greater majority of their best students dreaming of medicine.

Nigerians would never tell the truth, never! what is there to admit that it is not beans to study medicine? my friends then used to look at me as a demi god for being able to put up with maths(their phobia) in engineering, unknown to them my phobia was biology and the unnecessary cramming involved in medicine. when u meet rilli educated people, they would respect u even if you are illiterate. i am not in support of the discrimination, i am just saying dont deny the elevated status of medicine, instead seek respect and remuneration.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by omotfavy(f): 3:30am On Jul 12, 2014
prettyprettywow: It is the same O'level requirement for all health workers.5 credits in...physics, chemistry, biology, maths and English. It doesn't matter if you had parallel A's or C's. And again, medicine is not 6 credits at one sitting. get your facts right. You claim you are not in medical field, yet you claim to know more than those in the field. Pick a JAMB Brochure and check the O'level requirements. Of course people dreamt of studying medicine back then in school, because of the prospects and the economy. But people now go for courses with prospects outside the shores of this country, hence the high rate for admission in nursing, pharmacy etc (nursing used to be a course for lowlifes, but because of the prospect outside nigeria, it has seen a dramatic change in caliber of people going into it). Nobody is denying the status of a doctor, but they shouldn't prevent others from rising just because the want to maintain the status quo. Imagine that others should not rise to the post of directors? when requirement for directorship is just a university degree. Because you feel threatened, you want to suppress the growth of others. The sky is big enough for everybody. Live and let's live
.The problem here is dat oda professionals in d health sector has over slept but now dat dey are awake,everything has to change,no more intimidation.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by prettyprettywow: 3:37am On Jul 12, 2014
Yes, they trusted the Drs to always do what's right, but they shot them in the back. Now they know that all man dey on his own. Everyone has to fend for himself
omotfavy: .The problem here is dat oda professionals in d health sector has over slept but now dat dey are awake,everything has to change,no more intimidation.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by omotfavy(f): 3:42am On Jul 12, 2014
einsteino:

heir cut off was so high that as an engr student i used to console myself that it was cos they dont write maths thats why they could score such. but funny enough the best maths student in my secondary school ended up studying medicine. i can bet that most peeps here also had a greater majority of their best students dreaming of medicine.

.Mr Analyst,did u go to OAU?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Can I Cure Clipper Bumps / Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. / Kerosene Explosion Kills Four Family Members In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 207
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.