Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,548 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. (18334 Views)

NMA To End Strike Soon! / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee / FG Begs To NMA To Suspend Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by dumodust(m): 8:30am On Jul 12, 2014
Dnaz:
POLITICAL PROFESSIONALISM; A MISPLACEMENT OF
PASSION AND ABUSE OF PRECEDENCE
I remember in 2005 when I applied for an admission to
study Medicine and was offered Biochemistry. I rejected it
and applied again, this time I was given Chemistry, the
“Bio” was removed, lolz. I was again offered Physiology/
Pharmacology in almighty Unijos (great is the name), I
reluctantly accepted it this time but told myself I’ll go
back for medicine after graduation. Two years into this
five years course, I fell in love with it. The difference is not
much as it is a combination of medicine and pharmacy.
The same lecturers for medical and pharmaceutical
students gave me lectures, including practical. After
graduation we were inducted (oat taking), sent on
internship – just like medical doctors.
Note: we used same lecturers, lecture halls, same
textbooks (Gython and Hall, Tripati, Ganon, Rang and Dale
etc.), same laboratories etc. with medical students
because we were doing almost same course. The fact is
that we are health practitioners; the truth is that we are
NOT medical doctors as there is nothing like “almost a
medical doctor” you are either a medical doctor or u are
not! After graduation, some of my class mates who
suffered the same fate as me went back for medicine but I
didn’t see any reason anymore to do so. They went back
because they knew they are not medical doctors despite…….
I did a double honor course n I am happy today that even if
I’m offered an admission with a salary to go and study
medicine today, I will not go. It’s only “no do wells” that
envy other people's profession.
I also remember few years ago when there was this
“madness” for everyone to study nursing. Men and women
went into the nursing profession because there was a high
demand and pay for them in the U.S, Australia, and U.K
etc. nobody talked about the doctors cos nurses were
“popular demand”. My question is, can any JOHESU show
me any of these nurses over there that is or was made
CMD? There will always be an order of precedence. This
is arrant nonsense, madness! No matter how a recruit
thinks he knows how to write statement or handle cases
more than a DPO, he can never head a division. JOHESU
should stop this fight of jealousy, envy and professional
encroachment! It doesn’t make sense to me or to any
reasonable and just person.
What i see in the health profession now is what I call;
Political Professionalism; office encroachment;
Misplacement of Passion and Abuse of Precedence.
People should learn to tell each other the truth. JOHESU
needs to be told the truth. The leaderships are using your
finances to better their lives and tell you they are fighting
your course, which course? License you as doctors?
That’s only when you can head a hospital. That’s just a
misleading fact, the truth is that it’s not late for you to go
back to school and become a doctor.
How on earth do people think, with their anus? How can a
certified medical doctor take directives/instructions from a
nurse, pharmacist, herbalist, mechanic, etc. all in the
name of JOHESU? What would you do in that post? This is
simply envy and jealousy but out of place cos I remember,
in my 200level we were almost 90 in number but in
300level we were a little more than 70. In graduation, less
than 50 made it. Many voluntarily withdrew cos to them
the work load was too much for just one certificate, others
were asked to withdraw cos they seem not to belong there
with what they were putting in.
By tomorrow, even babalawos and witch doctor, people u
studied physical n health in education will want head
hospitals; after all they’re even doctors by profession,
lolz. The gap is so much that doctors can do without
JOHESU but I bet you, you can’t do medicals without
doctors, let’s be frank. Isn’t it obvious that while doctors
are on strike people lament and beg doctors to come back,
are you not there JOHESU? I think that tells you where you
belong. If JOHESU is as good as NMA why will patients
cry the absence of doctors from hospitals?
Today people are dying in the hospitals just because one
man has refused to stay in his place. I know JOHESU
thinks they “know the job better than doctors” that’s a
fact. The truth is, no matter how big a butterfly grows, it
can never be a bird “let every man stay in the profession
wherein he is called and be the best there, to avoid noise
making” why won’t nurses make auxiliary or nurses from
nursing schools Chief Matrons? After all they are more
practical than the B.Sc nurses!
Let’s respect each other’s office. We need each other but
the order of precedence must be observed and respected.
If u still think what a doctor can do, JOHESU can do better,
I tell you, you are only being sentimental not rational.
And if you still want to head a hospital, that won’t be a
problem but pls, go back to school. But if you think that’s
too much at this stage, pls go and hug a transformer.
# sosayslolo
the writer has a good head on his shoulders
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by dumodust(m): 8:38am On Jul 12, 2014
omotfavy: u are a bloody liar,in my own facility we have patients dat are been taken care of so stop saying wat u donno
yeah... taken care of by patrolling about them bedridden patients... health professionals turned security men with no initiative
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Shakes85: 8:51am On Jul 12, 2014
DebateNigeria: Debate is good news.
First of all, health managers should take charge of our hospitals, that will put an end to this fracas. The doctor should be second in the hierarchy while others follow.
We are currently having a debate in the previous NMA thread. I am yet to see any hospital in the USA where a laboratory scientist or a pharmacist or a nurse is made head over a medical doctor. Most times they make health managers head of hospitals, these are people with vast knowledge on management, they are business minded and goal oriented. It's not enough for a medical doctor or any other health worker to work for several years and automatically earn the position meant for managers. Doctors should be made head of clinical services while managers, economists et al head the hospitals.
The problem with hospital management in nigeria is corruption jst like other govt parastatal. When the post of C.M.D is influenced by politics rather than merit. Even an administrative clerk is even corrupt. Some patients are beign overcharged by the cashier in revenue when clearing discharged patient. The bottom line is when will nigeria fight corruption and do things on merit.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Emulti(m): 8:54am On Jul 12, 2014
Ashuale: When has public debate become solution to strike?.FG shying away from responsibilties.and some people are craving for a debate. After the debate and lets assume FG wins,what happens?.you forget that winning debates is by eloquence, good oratory and excellent lying. Lives are going.only nigeria will this happen. Doctors are not stupid.FG and johesu should stop misinforming the public.they see the systemic failure in nigeria and they take it to their advantage.

My dear, FG backed JOHESU cos JOHESU's demand is in line with international best practices in health. U can make ur research pls.

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 12, 2014
phantom: a debate? grin .....with who? this criminally minded FG.? these thieves who can't debate to save their lives want to debate with doctors?? loooooool
prof chukwu,when you and your dumb president are tired of fooling yourselves, nobody go tell una to arrange una house. debate my foot....lol
this I.diotic minister who made a fool of himself when he announced to the whole world that the strike would end last week monday only for him to wake up on Tuesday to even more deserted hospitals. clown.

when you are ready to deal sir, you know where to find us.

You are an arrogant fool
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by mrtruth: 9:08am On Jul 12, 2014
psychologist: Gud evening mr chairman
Panel of judges
Accurate time keeper
My co senators
Distinguished ladies and gentle
M psychologist destined by name,

Am here dis evening to support the motion that says Teachers are better than Doctors...

Looks left looks right
runs off thread grin
Yayayayayaaaa no kill pikin

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by citizenisb: 9:24am On Jul 12, 2014
As Bloomberg reports, to gauge London’s place in the global economy, you could examine World Bank statistics, canvass investors and analyze trade volumes.

Or you could visit Mahiki, a Polynesian-themed nightclub in upmarket Mayfair where a bottle of Cristal Champagne goes for $719 -- and Russian customers are being supplanted by revelers from countries including China and Nigeria.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by MegMich(m): 9:31am On Jul 12, 2014
Get the patients involved as well!!! Amma rep them.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by betatalk: 9:51am On Jul 12, 2014
The doctors should tell the whole world why they should alwaz hold the nation to ramsom. They use ordinary citizenS as pawn and act like tanker drivers. Its the health sector and it comprises of other profession, why are they so selfish. I am sure they won't honor it because they are cowards that hide under strike.

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by erasokafor(m): 10:01am On Jul 12, 2014
youngdoctor: As a doctor..i can tel yu ds FG is schizophrenic...we ve made a mistake electing ds bastards.
Ok,wat do dey expct frm d debate...we call of d strike?IMPOSSICANT..dey re jst making us feel more special and needed..
1).poly guys on strike
2).college of edu.guys on strike.
3).no intrvention into O.A.U's mata.
4).Chibok girls ve bn frgotten.
5)football has bn banned.
6).me nd ma colleagues and seniors on strike.
7)total blackout here in akure.
Nd yu cal ds a government...i laff in physics....F*ckd up pipu..shioor
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by idris4r83(m): 10:01am On Jul 12, 2014
youngdoctor: As a doctor..i can tel yu ds FG is schizophrenic...we ve made a mistake electing ds bastards.
Ok,wat do dey expct frm d debate...we call of d strike?IMPOSSICANT..dey re jst making us feel more special and needed..
1).poly guys on strike
100000000000000000 likes
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Orikinla(m): 10:05am On Jul 12, 2014
What a joke.
Is that the solution?
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by erasokafor(m): 10:11am On Jul 12, 2014
I can see that human lives mean notin to u people. First is that u people belive that there is serious inequality btw medical docs n other health professionals.second is that u doctors will want the whole nigerian money into ur pockets n others shld suffer. You people talk of hazzard allowance as if other non medical staff in the hospital are not exposed too. U doctors shld hv a rethink.I support this public debate let nigerians hear the whole agitations frm u people as direct sources.let us be the judge

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by echarlz(m): 10:21am On Jul 12, 2014
einsteino:

I agree that doctors could be such a proud fool, inshort my aunt who was a nurse once came back home vexed that a young resident doctor insulted her. at the time she was due to retire in a year's time, imagine that. well it was easy dealing with the manner-less resident cos her daughter was a consultant doctor in the same hospital...lol

well to answer the bolded, i think i finally understand where the problem lies. it appears you guys are not thought the organogram of your industry in school. you know the first time my friend who was a student of architecture told me they are our team leaders in building projects, i was like wtf! how can that be? architecture was a branch of civil engr, we even are taught architectural design... blah blah. then finally in one of our courses we were thought the organogram of our industry, down to our history and found out why it had to be so.

now if am in an offshore facility, am nothing more than a service engr, someone who builds and maintains whatever the pet engrs and d rest needs. i cant lead their team but i am part of that team, although i would be allowed to head my dept, inshort a pet engr cant head my dept.. although u never would find him looking down on me, i dunno y sha.. engrs always seem to bond very well, u will hardly find an engr fighting over who is more important. as a matter of fact most of my friends who are mech engrs, pose as civil engrs and i even happily help em when they consult me(osho free consultation in most cases o! just d same way they gave me free soakis in sch..lol). maybe cos in engr teamwork is so stressed upon, cos failure to work as a team could result in loss of billions (u know people care more about money than human lives..lol)

Now if i happen to be in an oil servicing firm, he would have to succumb to me. it is more or less, this is my field so its best for the team if i lead cos am d most knowledgeable here, then when am in urs its best i listen to u .

the problem with the health care is that other professions like nurses dont seem to have their own field where they lead, it appears u always have to say yes to the doctor. Actually it isn't supposed to be a problem cos the nightingale nurses started out with the sole purpose of assisting the doctors. funny enuf they bonded so well that doctors ended up marrying their nurses.
I've followed with great interest your contributions to this debate. I admire your fairness and brilliant grasp of the issues despite being an engr. Needless to say, too much lies have been fed to the Nigerian public esp on the issue of emoluments. For instance, no resident doctor's salary can be compared with that of Registered nurse/registered midwife of 20 years experience. Such categories of nurses earn same with medical consultants even without a B.NSc. I respect nurses a lot because they make far greater input to patient care than many of those who claim to know and do better than med docs. What these people will not tell you is doctors never made a demand for pay rise ab initio. But if other health workers get gradfe levels skipped and automatic pay rise, doctors too shouldn't be stagnant. But beyond all this, let us embrace PRIVATISATION. It will solve the many hydra-headed problems in the health sector. Every category of health worker will take their rightful places, justify their earnings and allow people rise based on merit, experience and input to patient care- the centre-point of our callings. There will be no more threats of strike actions for a people's unending agitation for undeserved allowances or punishing an erring worker, including the now famed arrogance of med docs!

4 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 12, 2014
No body hates doctors, but the issue is that of pride. If you are the head you are the head, you don't have to lord it on others.
Doctors even fight themselves because of pride and arrogance e.g there was a case in LUTH where a consultant slapped the ARD president. And a case in UCH where two consultants fought themselves over who owns a patient in the ICU. Yet another case of a consultant telling the regs. To stand on the table in the ward in front of patients because they came late.

Even among doctors, a lot of fighting is going on because of ego problems.

The problem btw "Doctors" and other health professionals is effective communication which is caused by pride
And low selfesteem.

There was a case a well trained house officer politely apologised to a nurse old enough to be his mother only for a Reg. To insult him saying he should never apologise to a nurse never.

Respect is earn not forced, respect is reciprocal.
Unfortunately other healthworkers have reached their breaking point and are fighting back.
I don't see strike ending the problem of the health system because arrogance and low self esteem is a problem of the heart.

2 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by pazienza(m): 11:05am On Jul 12, 2014
prettyprettywow: I attended the same university with medical students. We studied together. We all know whats up among ourselves. Stop deceiving yourself and the public. We know what happens after their MBBS exams, and how most cross over. Don.t forget that I had them as friends in school.We still have people in studying physics, aeronautic engineering, mechanical engineering and they have not committed suicide. You can tell this cock and bull story to the market women. This is how we used to hear about how hard anatomy is before we entered school. No be the same anatomy I do with the medical students in the same class and same exam? mtcheeeeeewww. Days are long gone when we hear this kind of gist. Commit suicide indeed. suicide is a psychiatric problem let me tell you. And people have been committing suicide without going to medical schools.

As for speaking in tongues, in my school, student nurses spoke in tongues more than other students because of their council exams which is a standardized exam in this country.

So because defenders hardly get as much as a striker, does that make him inferior/less important?

What course exactly did you study in the university?
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by einsteino(m): 11:05am On Jul 12, 2014
prettyprettywow: Anyway, i am done responding to you. you keep going round and round. what if a patient comes to see the doctor and the lab guy is not around? won't the patient go home and come back another day? what if a patient needs admission and the nurse is not around? will he still be admitted?. No need of arguing with you cos you no get flows. I actually thought you had something to offer. It's a shameYou keep avoiding the main issues. bye bye

prettyprettywow: if medicine is 6credits, what is the other course aside the 5core science courses? CRK? Agric? Govt? yoruba? My dear, no need of giving me your life history. II am not arguing that with you. I only said that because you are acting like you know more than those in the field. Unless your school is different from other schools in Naija, the standard requirement is 5credits. let the Drs prove me wrong on this and not you.

But, do you deliberately evade my questions? I asked you about your position on the directorship, and you once again evaded the question. I want to hear the opinion of someone who is not in the medical field regarding the issue. Did you also see the hospital organogram that I shared? I was taught the organogram of my profession, and the one I shared

no you actually thought i was going to take sides with you. i saw your organogram, i was the first person to click like. now in your organogram patients are the leaders, thats no news... in every business, customers are the boss. why i said i believe it was skewed, is cos an organogram clearly states levels in an industry. yours has nothing of such nature, there is no way that could be called an organogram. i decided to work with it, and used the analogy of the music industry where a singer(in this case doctor) gets all the praises from the fans(patients) meanwhile it takes more than just a singer to produce a great song. with all this, you still chose to sit wherever u are and rain insults on me, that early in the morning. i have fairly given my opinion, and like i said the truth doesn't give an F abt anyones opinion cos the truth remains the truth.

you guys problem is, any opinion other than yours is rubbish. i keep going round and round? aren't you guys doing the same? opening threads here and there about NMA vs JOHESU, are you guys(NMA and JOHESU) the only ones in the country sef? see i never insulted you and if you can't at least say something without insulting me, then i had better keep to myself. afterall nairaland doesnt pay me to reply. since you guys are so important, go out and battle it with doctors. whatever comes out of it, dont disturb us. if the doctors refuse to work, you guys should treat the patient or better still also abandon your duties. the worst that would happen is public health care would be scrapped out and everyone including doctors would be thrown into private practice where the patients would decide.

If i evaded your question, would you die if you politely call my attention to it? or you think this is an exam where i would get penalised for not answering a question? initially it was NMA vs JOHESU, i was just tendering my opinion afterall i have been a patient before and might still be if i fall ill. now from your comments it appears you are wrecking your anger on me like am a doc. it takes level headedness to suceed in life, y'all keep fighting. while semi literates who claim to be graduates get to be governors and presidents and dictates to you(NMA and JOHESU). dont put your house in order and in unity ask that the poli-thiefcians focus more attention on the health sector.

I wouldnt answer any more questions afterall am not in the healthcare sector. let you guys sort out yourselves.

4 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 12, 2014
moshoodn: Truth is most doctors in Nigeria are not committed.

Most are in for the money.

What the hell happened to the Hippocrates Oath!

Only Nigerian Doctors strike in the world (quote me on this anywhere). Does that mean all other governments of the world are performing optimally in the Health Sector?

I'm not standing in for the FG, but if truly the docs respect the oath they took, they will be more diplomatic and tactical.

FGs all around the world are all evasive, so its not a Nigerian issue.

Coming to air to lay the issue to bare will only attact public sympathy to the more eloquent side.

I wish they resolve it soonest and people can get their treatments.

Shut up your mouth. Israeli doctors were on strike for 6 months, and only called it off recently after their demands were met.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 12, 2014
DebateNigeria: Debate is good news.
First of all, health managers should take charge of our hospitals, that will put an end to this fracas. The doctor should be second in the hierarchy while others follow.
We are currently having a debate in the previous NMA thread. I am yet to see any hospital in the USA where a laboratory scientist or a pharmacist or a nurse is made head over a medical doctor. Most times they make health managers head of hospitals, these are people with vast knowledge on management, they are business minded and goal oriented. It's not enough for a medical doctor or any other health worker to work for several years and automatically earn the position meant for managers. Doctors should be made head of clinical services while managers, economists et al head the hospitals.

Bros, you have said it all. Government should employ health managers to manage our hospitals, but doctors should remain head of clinical services.

Again, government should adopt the US system, and completely employ it in our country. It will resolve this problem once and for all. As long as pharmacists, lab scientists and nurses do not lord it over doctors anywhere in the world, it should not happen in Nigeria.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by moshoodn(m): 12:23pm On Jul 12, 2014
ILIDEFI:

Shut up your mouth. Israeli doctors were on strike for 6 months, and only called it off recently after their demands were met.
Hey, must you insult?

Men like Armadeo, Leopantro and Daygeee made valid corrections in a matured way..

You just open your mouth to insult. I pity you.

Besides this same Israel you're talking about didn't totally shut down their health sector... The Government deployed military doctors to stand in lieu.

Next time, be courteous.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Arsenate(m): 12:37pm On Jul 12, 2014
too much ado about nothing. if doctors strongly believe they are on the right then they should gladly honor this invite for debate.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by thuao(m): 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2014
The debate is not the issue, the main issue is what wud be the gain of the debate.
1. Will the winner have his way. If NMA, will their demands be met. If Govt, will NMA call off its strike.
2. What will be the modality.
3. The public is presently biased against the doctors as it is, for reasons bst known to them. And the minister is playing on public sympathy. Like someone said the debate wud be won by the mor eloquent side. Most human lives be based on fluency of speech or ow gOod u re grammatically.
4. For all the necessary issues to be settled n for the public to be well inforMed n av a fair playing ground for both parties. The debate wud take nothing less than a week, if not more. So the FG is saying that we shud wait for another 2-3wks because it has no clue.

Problem in the health sector was borne out of greed on the part of both NMA n JOHESU. Govt has always bin bad no need adding them now.
For only greed can make johesu to want to head doctors, wia in the world is that done.
Only greed can make johesu to want to be consultants without necessarily aving thE required condition on ground n not really having a grasp of what consultants in their field do, they re attracted by the added incentives. Only greed will make nma not to allow johesu bcom consultants provided all requirements re met.
Mind u johesu comprises of strange bed fellows, well all other hospital not health workers apart frm doctors( pharmacist nurses lab scientist/tech radiologist porters cleaners physitherapists etc )
Am a doctor and I don't agree with all the 24points stated by NMA but I agrees with most of them.
The public has to be enlightened, most peeps on NL n the public re speaking ignorantly n venting anger against Drs. Maybe cos they felt we re overpaid, arrogant selfish etc.
But its better only to talk when u av facts.
Greed is a peculiar to humans irregardles of Ur profession.
And don't come telling me one oath, oath or oath every gentleman knows the right thing to do, and u av ur conscience to guard. So because of oat if am not being treated fairly I shud not complain, blame the govt for the strike sinx its the only language they understand.
I wud av like if NMA allow emergency services atleast people won't suffer more.
The crises will linger until everyone knows their position and value their work and re proud of their profession.
And finally FG johesu n nma come together and settle our differences sinx we re a team.

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
moshoodn:
Hey, must you insult?

Men like Armadeo, Leopantro and Daygeee made valid corrections in a matured way..

You just open your mouth to insult. I pity you.

Besides this same Israel you're talking about didn't totally shut down their health sector... The Government deployed military doctors to stand in lieu.

Next time, be courteous.

I had to sound like that because you were very emphatic over something you were not sure of, to the point of asking people to quote you, which I did.

If Israel employed military doctors, were you told Nigerian military doctors are on strike? They never go on strike, and are always on ground in military hospitals.

The truth is that doctors are still working, but only in private and mission hospitals, so lives are still being saved.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by bumfem: 4:01pm On Jul 12, 2014
einsteino:

honestly i have been up all night and sleep don dey catch me. so forgive me if i no answer all your questions. the way i see it, y'all are like a lady raised by a feminist. everything you would be taught is anti-male. forgive me, am not a chauvinist sha

when a patient comes to the hospital, he comes to see a doctor(if the doctor is not there, he would go home ). the doctor diagnoses what's wrong with the aid of test results and his medical knowledge, then prescribes what the pharmacist would give him. it is the needs of the doctor that brings everyone else in. it is more a less like a singer and fan rship, fans are all over singers forgetting it takes a producer, mixer and a whole lot of other people to get those great songs. now the producers cant ask to be shown in every music video so they would be noticed, rather what is needed is for the singers to always acknowledge, pay and respect them.

even in civil engr, the needs of the engr brings a whole lot of professionals like quantity surveyors, they have to work with us cos our jobs brings them jobs. but unfortunately they cant head the team, but they are well paid and respected by us. just the same way i make friends with architects cos once they get a big job, it means i too have a job grin ... if dem like make dem form boss, as long as dem gree pay wetin i charge and dem no dare insult me.

Pharmacy is such a gold mine, in most countries they are by far richer than docs. but not when all they do is dispense drugs, the biggest field in pharmacy is producing drugs. unfortunately in Nigeria, that sector hasn't been tapped. just the same way some civil engrs are now relegating themselves to acts like competing with architects in drawing building plans simply cos they can't get their hands on pure civil engr jobs.

one funny thing about the truth is that it doesnt give an F abt our opinions, no matter what we say here today.. the truth would be the truth.

i need to sleep, so i dont fall sick and get admitted in a hospital where doctors and nurses are fighting over who is boss.

But u know patient must first be attended to by somebody. The make believe that patient comes to see the doctor is a fallacy. He has come to assess care. In the province of Ontario Canada,they now operate thru Family Health Team.This comprises of physician ,Nurses, pharmacists, physiotherapists consulting on same desk. This has been researched to be more efficient and safe health cost. The ripple effect is that the patients get assessed by the health professionals that have the appropriate expertise to see him at first contact. This is never boss servant relationship.

The last time I check Canada health indexes are one of the best in the world .
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by karpentar: 4:05pm On Jul 12, 2014
seanet02: Same way GEJ honoured the Channels TV presidential debate. Hypocrites

Why bring GEJ to this matter? You must be suffering from APC inflicted madness...
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by phantom(m): 4:36pm On Jul 12, 2014
Slimchy09:

You are an arrogant fool
please move over... coakroach! I repeat when chukwu finishes fooling himself,he knows where to find us to deal.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by phantom(m): 4:40pm On Jul 12, 2014
bumfem:

But u know patient must first be attended to by somebody. The make believe that patient comes to see the doctor is a fallacy. He has come to assess care. In the province of Ontario Canada,they now operate thru Family Health Team.This comprises of physician ,Nurses, pharmacists, physiotherapists consulting on same desk. This has been researched to be more efficient and safe health cost. The ripple effect is that the patients get assessed by the health professionals that have the appropriate expertise to see him at first contact. This is never boss servant relationship.

The last time I check Canada health indexes are one of the best in the world .
my brother he has said the truth.its a pity pharmacists have reduced themselves to dispensing drugs. tomorrow when the nurses and lab scientists start poking fingers in your eyes,you will start complaining like doctors are doing now.mark my words!
sickle cell is endemic in our region.what have our pharmacists come up with as per research to improve the lives of sicklers.absolutely nothing! no research whatsoever.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Dmh(f): 4:59pm On Jul 12, 2014
Dmh: total backout in akure Which area are u coz A̶̲̥̅♏ so sure dat light is much more better now in akure.so ur sumission abt dat is untrue doc
1).poly guys on strike
total blackout in akure; Which area are u? coz A̶̲̥̅♏ so sure dat light is much more better now in akure.so ur submission abt dat is untrue doc
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by NaMe4: 5:29pm On Jul 12, 2014
einsteino:

no you actually thought i was going to take sides with you. i saw your organogram, i was the first person to click like. now in your organogram patients are the leaders, thats no news... in every business, customers are the boss. why i said i believe it was skewed, is cos an organogram clearly states levels in an industry. yours has nothing of such nature, there is no way that could be called an organogram. i decided to work with it, and used the analogy of the music industry where a singer(in this case doctor) gets all the praises from the fans(patients) meanwhile it takes more than just a singer to produce a great song. with all this, you still chose to sit wherever u are and rain insults on me, that early in the morning. i have fairly given my opinion, and like i said the truth doesn't give an F abt anyones opinion cos the truth remains the truth.

you guys problem is, any opinion other than yours is rubbish. i keep going round and round? aren't you guys doing the same? opening threads here and there about NMA vs JOHESU, are you guys(NMA and JOHESU) the only ones in the country sef? see i never insulted you and if you can't at least say something without insulting me, then i had better keep to myself. afterall nairaland doesnt pay me to reply. since you guys are so important, go out and battle it with doctors. whatever comes out of it, dont disturb us. if the doctors refuse to work, you guys should treat the patient or better still also abandon your duties. the worst that would happen is public health care would be scrapped out and everyone including doctors would be thrown into private practice where the patients would decide.

If i evaded your question, would you die if you politely call my attention to it? or you think this is an exam where i would get penalised for not answering a question? initially it was NMA vs JOHESU, i was just tendering my opinion afterall i have been a patient before and might still be if i fall ill. now from your comments it appears you are wrecking your anger on me like am a doc. it takes level headedness to suceed in life, y'all keep fighting. while semi literates who claim to be graduates get to be governors and presidents and dictates to you(NMA and JOHESU). dont put your house in order and in unity ask that the poli-thiefcians focus more attention on the health sector.

I wouldnt answer any more questions afterall am not in the healthcare sector. let you guys sort out yourselves.

Bro, this is one reason i have avoided making any attempt in explaining or educating anyone in these numerous threads.

A lot of bitter folks with with deep-seated issues who would not want to even listen to any form of reason.

Truth is the government has been grossly incompetent in handling issues within the health sector, exploring our 'cultural greed' as Nigerians (unfortunately trying to be smart by signing separate and antagonising agreements between two disagreeing parties ).

All this CMD/CMAC/Director etc rubbish, even if distributed to all fields in the hospital, how many people would ever hold any of such posts throughout their whole carrier?

What's so special about any of the posts that's making some peeps want to burst some arteries?

Is there a great disparity between the salary of the post holder with that of his professional colleagues? Why, if any exists?

What positive impact and development are the members of JOHESU willing to bring to the health sector when accorded the titles and positions they agitate for? And why can't the impact be felt now or should they be referred to as CONSULTANTS and CMDs before we begin to see what stuff they are made of?

I think the best solution to this would be privatisation of HealthCare.

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by youngdoctor(m): 6:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
Dmh: total blackout in akure; Which area are u? coz A̶̲̥̅♏ so sure dat light is much more better now in akure.so ur submission abt dat is untrue doc
better??i stay in oritaobele street.we only have light from 11p.m -4a.m daily..so from 4:05-10:59..its by God's grace..
Where in akure do you stay MR??
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by prettyprettywow: 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2014
when we achieve privatization, then drs will have to pay for their residency training like they do abroad and not expect to be paid to be students, Then we will see how they will demand for #100,000 hazard allowance from their employer
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by adeoladrg(m): 6:50pm On Jul 12, 2014
phantom: my brother he has said the truth.its a pity pharmacists have reduced themselves to dispensing drugs. tomorrow when the nurses and lab scientists start poking fingers in your eyes,you will start complaining like doctors are doing now.mark my words!
sickle cell is endemic in our region.what have our pharmacists come up with as per research to improve the lives of sicklers.absolutely nothing! no research whatsoever.

Most times you talk about things you completely know nothing about. Thank God you spoke about sickle cell.

The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Research and Development under Prof Gamaliel discovered a drug used to treat sickle cell. I cant remember the name buh Google is still your friend. But there's an issue with FMOH with marketing and distribution of the drug. So just STFU!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Phobia Story / How Can I Cure Clipper Bumps / How To Migrate And Work In The US & Canada As A Doctor Or Pharmacist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.