Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. (55097 Views)

Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. / Affordable low cost housing Option For Lagosians / Award Winning Low-Cost Housing Technology Launches In Nigeria - Investors Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 9:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
Cool: It seems there are 3 layers of blocks above the lintel.
Please why 3 layers and not 1 or 2 as I usually see?

Thanks.

Cool

Landlord's request, he paid extra cost for it sha grin
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Cool: 12:29am On Sep 01, 2014
@Spyder880: Thanks for the response.

Any pros and cons in respect of the high ceiling that will result? I'm thinking probably improved ventilation but with so much space above the window level, I'm not sure air circulation will be positively affected.

Someone should please educate me about this!
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by obicentlis: 1:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
Oga spyder,please ,building this kinda project on a dry land, what will be the budget?
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by elvis07: 2:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
Nice work, waiiting for more updates on dis cute house
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by back2sender: 2:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
Oga spider. What is the height of the roof?
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by obicentlis: 2:45pm On Sep 05, 2014
obicentlis: Oga spyder,please ,building this kinda project on a dry land, what will be the budget?
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by vivienbabe(f): 9:15pm On Sep 05, 2014
A lot of people including me love this cute house and are waiting curiously.
When is the house going to have the updates, Sir?

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 4:08am On Sep 06, 2014
vivienbabe: A lot of people including me love this cute house and are waiting curiously.
When is the house going to have the updates, Sir?

I will be in this house today, God willing. Thanks.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 12:22pm On Sep 06, 2014
Getting ready for the roofing sheets, I will call the owner of the house to verify the roofing sheets colour he needs.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Breed(m): 5:52pm On Sep 06, 2014
I just sent you an email sir requesting help with cost estimate to build a 4 bedroom bungalow. Please assist
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 6:11pm On Sep 06, 2014
Breed: I just sent you an email sir requesting help with cost estimate to build a 4 bedroom bungalow. Please assist

Okay, I will attend to it.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by kostadinis: 8:05pm On Sep 06, 2014
spyder880: Getting ready for the roofing sheets
Another beautiful mould from the grand master of building
Well done, Sir
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by sako28: 11:05am On Sep 10, 2014
spyder880:

Okay, I will attend to it.

Oga spyder God bless you for ur insight and help to many. Please where can one get granite around port harcourt. I'm learning from your treads here and need a quary to granite. Granite in PH is too expensive so looking for a good quarry to get.

Thank you sire.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Fhemmmy: 4:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
Loving it
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 5:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
sako28:

Oga spyder God bless you for ur insight and help to many. Please where can one get granite around port harcourt. I'm learning from your treads here and need a quary to granite. Granite in PH is too expensive so looking for a good quarry to get.

Thank you sire.

Since Chekitout doesn't operate in PH, call Godswill on 07062513411.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 5:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
We have retreated the roofing wood with soligium, but that is not the problem here.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 5:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
We have started the roofing of this house, but that's neither the real trouble.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 5:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
We know it's pure First aluminium, 0.45mm, but then..........

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 6:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
The hanging case is a problem of communication dysfunction. I told this roofer to supply me bush green sheets and he supplied cream sheets, claiming that 'green' sounded like 'cream' to him. I have resolved to buy another batch of green and take the wrong colour to my house. Sometimes in this business, you lose.
We shall move on.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 6:18pm On Sep 11, 2014
spyder880: The hanging case is a problem of communication dysfunction. I told this roofer to supply me bush green sheets and he supplied cream sheets, claiming that 'green' sounded like 'cream' to him. I have resolved to buy another batch of green and take the wrong colour to my house. Sometimes in this business, you lose. We shall move on.

This is the second time this is happening to you in few weeks.. You need to abandon this type of people.. How many times can you do this, with loss.
I hope they are not taking your gentility for stupidity.

Hajji M.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Beulah09: 6:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
mufutau55:

This is the second time this is happening to you in few weeks.. You need to abandon this type of people.. How many times can you do this, with loss.

Hajji M.

Well, something about communication. On site, you need to have standing instruction and procedures. WRITE the instructions down. For all you know, the man might be sincere in saying he thought he heard cream.

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 6:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
Some cream coloured roofs.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 6:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Beulah09:
Well, something about communication. On site, you need to have standing instruction and procedures. WRITE the instructions down. For all you know, the man might be sincere in saying he thought he heard cream.
Blaming myself for everything, and I have a supervisor go with them to the factory.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by ekoibile: 11:38pm On Sep 11, 2014
Aaaah.....kilode na? Second time in a week. If i talk now, dem go say ekoibile don come again oh.
Okay, why is it that the so called factories or site supervisors always come back with those colors that are not popular in demand? May be they go there to strike deals for cheaper unpopular colors or what? it's beginning to look somehow oh!

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by NL1960: 9:24am On Sep 12, 2014
spyder880:

Blaming myself for everything, and I have a supervisor go with them to the factory.

This is the second time this is happening. If it is the same supervisor that is responsible, you will have to be hard on the person by converting the cost to a loan for guy and deducted over a period of time. You were lucky that for the first one, the owner accepted it. I have come to discover that you should never be gentle or emotional with Nigerians. They are ready to pull you down. That is why you see the Indians and Lebanese handling Nigerians with iron hand.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 12:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
Sometimes things happen, but it's our reaction to what happened that matters. I have paid for another batch of aluminium roofing sheets of Bush green colour, waiting for the delivery of the materials.

Thanks everyone.

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by MaxNdu: 5:36pm On Sep 12, 2014
spyder880:

Oga Spyder,
Very sorry about that; I guess another lesson learned. Written communication is definitely the best inorder to achieve effective communication as it provides a good reference just incase the first message/instruction is misunderstood or forgotten...... (sounding like one English Prof now wink grin)

Please Oga Spyder, kindly post the Material and Labour cost of the roofing (both nogging and roof installation) of this house. I am doing something like this in Lagos.
Thanks and more of God's blessings to your work.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 5:49pm On Sep 12, 2014
MaxNdu:

Oga Spyder,
Very sorry about that; I guess another lesson learned. Written communication is definitely the best inorder to achieve effective communication as it provides a good reference just incase the first message/instruction is misunderstood or forgotten...... (sounding like one English Prof now wink grin)

Please Oga Spyder, kindly post the Material and Labour cost of the roofing (both nogging and roof installation) of this house. I am doing something like this in Lagos.
Thanks and more of God's blessings to your work.

Thank you, I will try and itemize the whole roofing stuff later tonight, I have taken the wrong colored aluminium sheets to my house on a chartered truck. Still waiting to hear from the roofing company as I left early, their pressing machine is faulty today, we are going to press the sheets at Ninth mile tomorrow.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 4:18pm On Sep 16, 2014
The holy bush green grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Cost Of Aluminium Roofing Sheet / Cost Of Stone Coated Roofing Tile In Nigeria {2018 Prices} Quality Guaranteed. / Imported Exterior & Interior Doors Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.