Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,710 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. (54971 Views)

Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. / Affordable low cost housing Option For Lagosians / Award Winning Low-Cost Housing Technology Launches In Nigeria - Investors Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 8:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
Ladies and gentlemen, the underground water finds it way upwards, naturally.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 8:33pm On Jul 19, 2014
The water flooded the entire foundation, filling it up. This was after we had completed the concrete blinding and bought blocks, cement, sand etc to start foundation block setting this morning.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 8:35pm On Jul 19, 2014
More flooding. .....

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 8:39pm On Jul 19, 2014
My boys battled to bail out the water with buckets, but it filled up minutes later.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 8:41pm On Jul 19, 2014
The 1000 blocks we bought this morning.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by cconcept: 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
spyder880: My boys battled to bail out the water with buckets, but it filled up minutes later.

What are your plans now?
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 19, 2014
spyder880: This land has history of a higher water level. This trench could get filled with water and last for weeks, we are planning on how to get the best of the land, by taking steps which will make the building as solid as ever. It will cost money, but we will always do a good job.

Spyder, u didn't tell us how much you plan using in addressing this issue. How much it will cost you and the overall result,etc.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by kostadinis: 10:17am On Jul 20, 2014
spyder880: The water flooded the entire foundation, filling it up. This was after we had completed the concrete blinding and bought blocks, cement, sand etc to start foundation block setting this morning.
Chief Spyder, I guess this is the first time you're encountering a situation like this in the 'dry and rocky' Enugu. It all means Geologists did not really carry out a thorough hydro study of the territory. If there should be natural precipitation of underground water at such shallow levels, then 9th-Mile-Corner is the wrong place to dig for fresh water. Dis one no need too much investigation.

Back to the current situation: It's very certain the current heavy rains contributed to the flooding of the foundation making everything ugly. Talk to your client. I'll advice you get an inexpensive small water pumping machine if the water fails to dry up by tomorrow. With that in place, I think your team will be laying the blocks on the already cured blinding in less than two hours. Our Oga Spyder no bi quitter o smiley Relax, stay strong and have a nice weekend.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by dudubody: 11:30am On Jul 20, 2014
Oga spyder, pls quick question for u and the gurus....is 140000 reasonable for briclayer' fee casting 29 pillars and lintel of a twin 3 bedroom flats all ensuite. Thanks in advance
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
dudubody: Oga spyder, pls quick question for u and the gurus....is 140000 reasonable for briclayer' fee casting 29 pillars and lintel of a twin 3 bedroom flats all ensuite. Thanks in advance

Labour charges depends largely on your location. So in which area do you have this project? In lagos, I would say that is very very reasonable.

2 Likes

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by PeoplesArmy: 6:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
spyder880: The water flooded the entire foundation, filling it up. This was after we had completed the concrete blinding and bought blocks, cement, sand etc to start foundation block setting this morning.

has this problem been sorted now? Wishing you speedy resolution and resumption of activity. Please let us know how you did it so that we can learn.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 7:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
PeoplesArmy:

has this problem been sorted now? Wishing you speedy resolution and resumption of activity. Please let us know how you did it so that we can learn.

We tried to make progress on the site today but the pump I brought to the site failed. It was working from where we hired it but at the site, it refused to start. We are going to bring another pump to site tomorrow.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 8:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
dudubody: Oga spyder, pls quick question for u and the gurus....is 140000 reasonable for briclayer' fee casting 29 pillars and lintel of a twin 3 bedroom flats all ensuite. Thanks in advance

When you see bricklayer fees, does it include the money for mixing and casting?
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by gen2briz(m): 4:55am On Jul 24, 2014
spyder880:

My oga, hope say you never forget this thread Sha. ...
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 6:29am On Jul 24, 2014
gen2briz:
My oga, hope say you never forget this thread Sha. ...

I never forget the thread sha, the ground water has not abated one bit. After we hired another pumping machine and the water flow was not reducing, we are waiting for some days to monitor the situation. My boys are not happy, no work for them to do here due to the condition of the land. Still watching for changes.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by gen2briz(m): 3:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
spyder880:

I never forget the thread sha, the ground water has not abated one bit. After we hired another pumping machine and the water flow was not reducing, we are waiting for some days to monitor the situation. My boys are not happy, no work for them to do here due to the condition of the land. Still watching for changes.

All is well..
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 6:17pm On Jul 24, 2014
We are planning to build a semi-raft foundation for this location. Coming up soon.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 6:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
spyder880: We are planning to build a semi-raft foundation for this location. Coming up soon.

I know an efficient solution is not far away from your head/brain... in Yoruba, you will be called "Anikulapo" and I don't mean Fela either.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 7:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
mufutau55:

I know an efficient solution is not far away from your head/brain... in Yoruba, you will be called "Anikulapo" and I don't mean Fela either.

Hajji Mufutau

Thank you Sir. cheesy
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 11:17pm On Jul 26, 2014
We started wood works for the semi-raft of this house today, pictures.....

Before and after. ....

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 11:23pm On Jul 26, 2014
Before and after

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 11:28pm On Jul 26, 2014
Before and after. ....

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 11:32pm On Jul 26, 2014
This was taken when we used pumping machine to drain the foundation of water and laid some blocks, it didn't work.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 11:36pm On Jul 26, 2014
Work continues on Monday with reinforcement for the foundation.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by kostadinis: 12:21am On Jul 27, 2014
spyder880: Work continues on Monday with reinforcement for the foundation.

My brother, It wouldn’t have been possible without a raft reinforcement o.
I could see why you went back to the drawing board to figure out the best solution for this unusual environment in Enugu. It’s great you finally found a solution. Good work. Keep walking

I must say this is a good one for your archive.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 12:11pm On Jul 28, 2014
Foundation reinforcement ongoing now,

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Kcinho(m): 9:02am On Jul 29, 2014
spyder880: Foundation reinforcement ongoing now,
Bia nwoke m, I ga aruru mu ulo di sharp one day. I di too bad. Onye kuziri GI ihe a n'ile?
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 11:05am On Jul 29, 2014
Kcinho:
Bia nwoke m, I ga aruru mu ulo di sharp one day. I di too bad. Onye kuziri GI ihe a n'ile?

Nwanne, mgbe obula I kporo m, aga m abia bulitara gi udi ulo obula I choro, n, obere oge, obere ego grin

3 Likes

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by MANGAM(m): 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2014
Am lost Oga Spyder
spyder880:

Nwanne, mgbe obula I kporo m, aga m abia bulitara gi udi ulo obula I choro, n, obere oge, obere ego grin
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by abdulwastecx(m): 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2014
mufutau55:

This modification as we have remarked earlier is very nice indeed.. We are eager for the project to commence.

Hajji Mufutau

2.5million for the above 2-bedroom flat is not low cost in any sense.

low cost building can only be achieve if we change our conventional building material.

I work on low cost building material as my final year project by looking at brick, structual use of bamboo, polistering materials etc.

for example, bamboo houses using wooding frame and bamboo board for the wall and floow.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by abdulwastecx(m): 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
spyder880:

that amount is too much anywhere in nigeria.
here in abuja, 29 column can easily be cast by 6 labour and 2 mason.

for daily pay 6 aboki = 6× 2500 = 15, 000
2 mason = 2*3500 = 7,000
the supervisor = 4,000

labour cost = #26, 000
cost of renting a mixer = #30, 000
total cost = #56, 000 ( conservative estimate)

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by abdulwastecx(m): 1:30pm On Jul 29, 2014
it can only be achieve when two bedroom flat can be built for 1million or less, I believe it can be achieve because we have abundant clay, rock, bamboo and wood in this country.
with better research, elctricity and transportation cheaper building material can be produce at a very cheap price.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse / Cost Of Aluminium Roofing Sheet / Cost Of Stone Coated Roofing Tile In Nigeria {2018 Prices} Quality Guaranteed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.