Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person (30003 Views)

My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife / MY BROTHER IS Cheating On His Wife / 6 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by daben1(m): 9:10am On Jul 13, 2014
lawa18: My fellow nairalanders, am writing this bc I want to lessen the load that has been pressing down my heart for long now by pouring out to its entirety wt has been transpiring between me and my only brother and I earnestly wish u help me out on wt to do.

I am a fresh graduate hoping to serve come Nov and .mmy brother came back from service in 2011, luckily for him, he got a job with WAEC, immediately after serving. He rented a one room apartment n I visited him in 2012 when I did my industrial training. During my stay, I noticed he doesn't allow our relatives n friends to visit us which became more pronounced when he got a girl friend called Ada. Ada started to visit us gradually till she now visits on daily basis. It became serious dt from daily visiting she started sleeping over and later started living with us. Landlord and the wife complained and quarrelled wt my brother over her sleeping with us but nothing changed. The landlord even slapped my brother amidst a quarrel and the wife once abused the girl but she wouldn't learn her lessons. My brother later relocated to a new apartment ( a room and parlour) abandoning a remaining 6months in the old apartment. The girl moved in with him.

Before I now visit, I v to write an application letter giving him like two weeks notice talk more of any other relative or friend visiting. My Dad only visited once and it was an uphill task bc he has to keep postponing it to avoid Dad knowing about the girl he is harbouring likewise when my mum once visited. Each time I visited from sch, the gal must be there with her clothes and shoes all over the wardrobe. All these gave me little worry until he started talking about marrying the girl.

Though l didn't like d idea, I kept silent over the issue. When I thought God has answered my prayers was the day he to told me that their genotype did not match after they did a genotype test not knowing dt things will become worse. The intimacy started like never before despite d test. I had to confront him one day concerning d girl, giving him several reasons why he should let go of the girl like:

1. Risk of pregnancy and abortion.

2. D girl will prevent him from finding a wife since he said he wants to marry.

3. His reputation n dt of the family will be dragged to the mud.

4. His spiritual life is in jeopardy as he no longer prays since the girl came into his life unlike before

5. Dt the gal has alienated him from our relatives and friends.

6. He is spending on the wrong person and so many other reasons.

After, he insisted that he knows wt he is doing, in fact I should stop telling him dt he is ready to bear the consequences if anything goes wrong. He celebrated his 30th birthday last month, he is not too financially buoyant, he has many family responsibilities but is wasting his future with a stranger.

They have lived for over two years now, they now bath together, he helps the girl in cooking and atimes cooks for her, he accepts anything she says and live his life to please the girl only (she recommends the movie to be watched), she takes call from her other suitors in his presence but my brother cannot. What a world!

I happen to be the only person that knows wt is happening, not even my parents are aware. Am confused. Could it be that they want to take the risk and get married or my brother is just wasting his time waiting for her to get married before he starts looking for a wife.

My parents r hoping dt soonest their son will marry. I don't knw wt to do n whom to seek advice from. I love my brother so much and wouldn't want anything to go wrong in his life. I don't even want people to knw wt he is doing so as not to v problem wt him or taint his image. I solicit for ur help pls
what kind of love wud u av 4 a gal that will make u turn ur back at ur own family,? Let him knw dat d marital love will nt b guaranteed if ur family is nt in support of d marriage... N i bet u, since they are nt compactible genotically, God will never 4give dem if they bring any child into dis world 2 suffer!!
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Reference(m): 9:38am On Jul 13, 2014
lawa18: for those asking, I am a guy. U guys don't get it, My problem is not that they are in love. Where am concerned is that under normal circumstance they cannot marry because of the incompatibility in there genotype. they r both AS. God knows I am not bothered when they started despite the alienation. How can they marry in this situation. My brother was looking for a wife before he met this gal

Please the biblical recognized and purposed relationship is vertical - father, mother producing child who becomes father and so on and not horizontal brother, sister, cousin, etc. Once your brother becomes an adult you have very little influence on his. His business should not concern you. Your concerns should be towards your own vertical relationships - your own family, your future. The only things that should bring both of you together will be issues concerning your parents, no more.

Having said that your brother is not going about things properly. His parents deserve to know what he's getting into, who they are handing over their son to. Am afraid it will end badly and together with the relationship mistakes you are making poster it will bow back and ravage the entire family. Ultimately the blame goes to your parents. Once again, poor parenting, a family having communication an trust issues.
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by nicetboy(m): 11:07am On Jul 13, 2014
Op from d way u sounded u even dislike d gal initialy b4 d genotype stuff, I think ur brother is old enough and if d gal is making him happy I advise u to leave them alone And stop puting eyes for them

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by henryubani(m): 11:19am On Jul 13, 2014
Pls guys there genotype don't even match ok, what is the need of him staying with the girl,cox if anytin happens they are going to endanger the lives of there children,no love in seeing ur kids suffer, I have seen this happen in my area..so the guy should try nd call himself to order sit down nd talk with the gal nd let her see that there is no future btw the two of dem,,,,ur brother should call himself to order, nd face reality, talk to ur brother first,if he stays adamant, inform ur parents ok.
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 13, 2014
many marry a spouse that would fast-track their death
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by jhidey08(m): 1:21pm On Jul 13, 2014
laykhorn:
Awww! Its not a problem, its normal in here. So how is Ramadan going?
we're pushing it o. May God giv us d ability 2c it till d end.
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by 1miccza: 2:42pm On Jul 13, 2014
OP we have been in the same situation and my brother has not woken up from it's after effect,he is suffering badly. You should tell your parents so that you"ll begin to search for solutions before it's too late,that lady's going to be his death....
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by singledude(m): 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
lawa18: for those asking, I am a guy. U guys don't get it, My problem is not that they are in love. Where am concerned is that under normal circumstance they cannot marry because of the incompatibility in there genotype. they r both AS. God knows I am not bothered when they started despite the alienation. How can they marry in this situation. My brother was looking for a wife before he met this gal

Guy stop lying to urself,you had issues with them long before they found out about their genotype remember? 'Though l didn't like d idea, I kept silent over the issue. When I thought God has answered my prayers was the day he to told me that their genotype did not match after they did a genotype test not knowing dt things will become worse'

Me I feel you're just a bad belle jare.You had issues with ur bro whn he started living with a girl,seriously?? I thought u said he was 30 years old?...i dnt see any point from ur end at all.You act like a jealous GF.To analyze you,I believe you are a guy who hardly makes friends and see ur bro as the only close person u got.This girl came into your lives and diverted ur bro's attention and that's where the hatred started from ur end.Guy get a life by getting a GF of ur own and i'm sure u won't be coming back to give us more of this crap.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by revelationuche: 8:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
Guy frm ur note,one can easily desipher dat u hate this girl with passion.For wat so ever reason ,i think u shuld pray 4 him.If they are meant to be ,they will surely be.Jst pray that God shuld favor him,so dat he diesnt make a mistake [img]http://www.hostsleek.com/clients/?aff=052[/img]
[img]http://www.?aff=580[/img]
[img]http://clients.utiware.net/?aff=595[/img]

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by babasaxo(f): 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
Oga how does ur broda love life affect u,try get a job and rent your own appartment befor commenting on pple love life

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by sweetemma: 10:42pm On Jul 13, 2014
My name is emma brown, i want to use this medium to testify of how i got back my boyfriend after 8months of seperation, I and my boyfriend broke up on the 12th of August because he felt i was cheating on him with a male friend of mine, i tried all i could to explain to him but he paid deaf ears, i was emotionally devastated because i really did love him until i saw a post on the internet about a spell caster, who helps people gain back their lost love, at first i doubted if it was real because i never believed in spells but decided to give it a try, when i contacted this spell caster, he helped me cast a re-union spell and i got back my boyfriend within 48hours (2days). Contact this great spell caster for your relationship or marriage problems via email dradelabispelltemple@gmail.com....
if you are out there passing through any of
this problems listed below:

1) If you want your ex back.
(2) if you always have bad dreams.
(3) You want to be promoted in your office.
(4) You want women/men to run after you.
(5) If you want a child.
(6) You want to be rich.
(7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be
yours forever.
(cool How you been scammed and you want to recover you lost money
(9) If you are a lesbian or gay and you need your partner back
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by flakydee(f): 9:06am On Jul 14, 2014
i kind of understand, coz anyone that loves his or her sibling wont be happy to c them go wrong,just keep praying for him some day God will open his understanding. i salute your courage but stil keep the fire of love burning.God bless u.
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by iamjane(f): 9:25am On Jul 14, 2014
undecidedFamily Bond Family Bond
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by dobys(f): 10:45am On Jul 14, 2014
laykhorn: why dont you just mind your f*cking business?
Its his life and every decision is his and only his to make.
Cant a man just Fall in love again. I think you're either obsessed about their love life OR you lack such. Lemme ask this, Have you ever been in Love?

i fnk u gat a problem wats wrng if his concern abt his broda, if u gat noffin 2 add dts meaningful jst shut up.
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by dobys(f): 10:51am On Jul 14, 2014
lawa18: check what again? I knw where she is from. Am only concerned with the incompatibility in their genotype.

sooo y didnt u jst wrt abt der genotype only whch u concerned abt, dan dis epistel u wrote. anyways abt d genotype dts nt ur business dey knw wat dey re goin into soo dey gat 2 face it wen d result wuld cum out, sooo jst pray and tell ur parents.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by biilwwu(m): 11:59am On Jul 14, 2014
Pray for your Brother He is in a shallow of trap, it is only pray to God in the name of Jesus that can bring him out, he is now blind and deaf spiritually,
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by biilwwu(m): 12:39pm On Jul 14, 2014
Pray for your Brother He is in a shallow of trap, it is only prayer to God in the name of Jesus that can bring him out, he is now blind and deaf spiritually,
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by princessayesha(f): 3:23pm On Jul 14, 2014
What God has joined together.........
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by tonilogbo(m): 4:01pm On Jul 14, 2014
That's the power of love. If u re badly in love,u will be blind to see anything wrong in him/her. I will advice you to let them be. God knows the best...Instead continue to pray for them...I can see from your write up that u want the best for brother...I can only advice him to look before he leap...

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by ifebuk(m): 5:03pm On Jul 14, 2014
eaya,but wait oooooooooooooooooooo,wetin concern me, u no knw say love don blind shocked, call okada man take me to iya shakira oni ponmo canteen grin
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by kunlevski003(m): 5:37pm On Jul 14, 2014
Super story...#yinmu
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Ephemmm: 6:51pm On Jul 14, 2014
Hmmmmm... all I know is - it is absolutely difficult to be in love and be wise: leave your brother alone.
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by SenatorJames(m): 8:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
ElGuapo: @Op, Bar the genotype incompatibility, is there anyother concrete reason you have for your bruh not to get married to his fiancee?

If your answer to the above question is a capital NO then I'd advice you to let 'em be.

Listen, I once met a lady who had every feature I craved for in a woman. To me, she puts the P in perfection but dang! She was a sickler.

Friends expected me to back off at this point but man I didnt, for pete's sake she's got what I need in a lady, do I have to lose gold just b'cos of a lil scratch? She could be the last of her kind, so I couldn't allow people's views get to me - theories were propagated anyway and one was that El Guapo is serving some serious Ogoja spell cheesy

Your bro could be in such situation and I dont see your opinion or that of your parents changing anything.

I'd advice that you lot stray off his union. Instead of the incessant interferance, support him and his decision, they could become the perfect couple earth has been searching for aeons.

You dont have to push the emergency button when there aint any hazard. cool
Whao! I really enjoys your love story and the brave decision you took. how is your relationship, are you now married and how are you coping with her? This can really change people's mentality about sickle cell patients.
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 14, 2014
SenatorJames: Whao! I really enjoys your love story and the brave decision you took. how is your relationship, are you now married and how are you coping with her? This can really change people's mentality about sickle cell patients.

We broke up on mutual consent.

She told me that she's not worth me and my care, that I deserve someone better.

I did my very best to hold on to her but she has already had her mind made up - it was really heart breaking.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Ladybluecash(f): 12:00am On Jul 15, 2014
My fear isnt even abt ur brother bt my worries are if u wont do worst findin ursef in love wit a shegirl/hemale
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by ring7(m): 9:16am On Jan 07, 2016
The gal dob waka, do some necessary stuff,o dull do ur tin
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Manjiri: 1:52pm On May 10, 2016
Hi Lawa18. I'm in similar situation. Have u got any solution to this? What is the situation now? Were u able to make him pull out of the shit?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Husband Wants Divorce After Taking My Late Husband’s Possessions – Wife / Couple Who Have Been Married For 65 Years Share A Kiss In Beautiful Photos / I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.