Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,129 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? (2149 Views)

Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor / Ever Turned Down An Ugly Babe And Years Later, You Discover She Already An Angel / A "Marriage Proposal By Police" In Port Harcourt (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by Smartsyn(m): 3:44pm On Jul 12, 2014
A friend of mine was telling me the ordeal he passed through the girl he wanted to marry.

They have been going out for a while now and the going was good according to him for like 6months, they are not staying in the same place because she is currently serving in the NYSC SCHEME.

So she came for a visit and he propped up the big question, " Will you marry me " to his own surprise the girl said NO.Blah blah blah...... Ofcourse my man is very stingy and that must be the reason though he won't tell me.

So I ask, do girls still turn down a wedding proposal nowadays?
Ladies in the house have you turn down a wedding proposal before, and why?
Gents, have you been turned down?
Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:21pm On Jul 12, 2014
Yup. Just didn't see a happy future with him.
Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 12, 2014
With d amount of girls roaming d streets looking for just 1 single husband( most will even manage half husband), n fulfulling d biblical prophesy... I don't think a laady in her rryt senses will reject dat 4rm a "suitable" suitor ...

Ofcourse wen I say "suitable" U know wat I mean...
ThoniaSlim: Yup. Just didn't see a happy future with him.
. grin exactly wat I mean't ; d guy din't have. D "suitable" means to mek her happy grin grin.
Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by dytbabe: 5:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
Severally o
Each time my bfs then pop the question, I jst brk up the relationship
Done that for abt 5bfs

Oh well, I felt it was time to be married hence me bn married now.
Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by CuteCynthia(f): 5:52pm On Jul 12, 2014
Twice
Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 12, 2014
CuteCynthia: Twice
lol
wat were ur reasons?
Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by CuteCynthia(f): 6:17pm On Jul 12, 2014
Justosaus:
lol
wat were ur reasons?

They were both players.
Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 12, 2014
Yep he was an atheist and I just couldn't come to terms with that.
I believe in the existence of God
Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by CuteCynthia(f): 7:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
Naetochukwu: Yep he was an atheist and I just couldn't come to terms with that.

Awww...so sorry
Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by Smartsyn(m): 7:52pm On Jul 12, 2014
that's more than enough reason to turn his proposal down...
Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by Smartsyn(m): 7:58pm On Jul 12, 2014
CuteCynthia:

They were both players.
Players asin football player abi volleyball lol

You're too beautiful to deserve players..

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 12, 2014
I don't mean to be rude but didn't you know he was an atheist before you decided to have a relationship with him? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 12, 2014
Following cool
Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 12, 2014
@zeemore he was not an atheist untilhe lost 2 of his sisters within the space of 2months. As a christian who kept on trusting and praying for them even while they were sick only to be "Disappointed" so he became bitter and stopped believing in the existence of God.
I stayed with him, because I felt the feeling will go with time but a year passed and he became a full fledged atheist.
Then I was too young to make up my mind to settle with an atheist so I gave him an ultimatum. Become an atheist and loose me or become a xtian and have me, so he chose atheism and I left.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by Smartsyn(m): 10:32pm On Jul 12, 2014
Naetochukwu: @zeemore he was not an atheist untilhe lost 2 of his sisters within the space of 2months. As a christian who kept on trusting and praying for them even while they were sick only to be "Disappointed" so he became bitter and stopped believing in the existence of God.
I stayed with him, because I felt the feeling will go with time but a year passed and he became a full fledged atheist.
Then I was too young to make up my mind to settle with an atheist so I gave him an ultimatum. Become an atheist and loose me or become a xtian and have me, so he chose atheism and I left.
After a year or more together.. you're one hell of a tough girl, you got my respect..
Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 12, 2014
Smartsyn: After a year or more together.. you're one hell of a tough girl, you got my respect..
You think so? Hmmm I was broken for months but with the help of good friends I was able to overcome.
I was 20 then waiting to walk down the aisle with him in church only to be told that it has to be court wedding.
But he was a great guy, very intelligent and hardworking, but in life most times we don't always get what we want.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 12, 2014
Naetochukwu: @zeemore he was not an atheist untilhe lost 2 of his sisters within the space of 2months. As a christian who kept on trusting and praying for them even while they were sick only to be "Disappointed" so he became bitter and stopped believing in the existence of God.
The bolded cracked mee up grin
Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 12, 2014
banega: The bolded cracked mee up grin
That was all I could come up with... grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 12, 2014
I feel sorry for him

God didn't promise life will be without trials and tribulations but he did promise to never forsake us
He hears our prayers and he's fully aware of all we are going through

When faced with so many trials, one after another, satan try to rob us of our faith in God and leave us wondering where God's mercy and grace are

I know it's difficult sometimes when we are in the midst of trials to feel that God is with us but his love surpasses our understanding and he'll never forsake us

I wish he held on to his faith

You should put him in your prayers

5 Likes

Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by guente02(m): 10:55pm On Jul 12, 2014
I never knew ladies still turn down proposals o.
This craze of getting married a do or die affair got me wondering if an outcome can ever be negative.
Thank God some of our ladies still posses a sesne of reasoning.
Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
CuteCynthia:

They were both players.
Yeah I detest players too. Once a player always a player.
Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by Mintayo(m): 11:37pm On Jul 12, 2014
You are a good woman,you deserve a good man. I hope you get one some day(that is if you are not married already).cheesy
Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 13, 2014
Turn down k , not now that the ratio of women to men is like 6:1
Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by Nobody: 5:11am On Jul 13, 2014
Lacomus: Turn down k , not now that the ratio of women to men is like 6:1
Thank you brotherly. Is it not the lady who said she won't marry me because I was too stingy for her liking is cooking in the kitchen now? Leave women and their shakara until they turn 35, then their eyes go clear undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 13, 2014
IdiAmin1: Thank you brotherly. Is it not the lady who said she won't marry me because I was too stingy for her liking is cooking in the kitchen now? Leave women and their shakara until they turn 35, then their eyes go clear undecided
heheheeh oga u na Oga, mehn it only takes an ambitious man to be stingy.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 13, 2014
guente02: I never knew ladies still turn down proposals o.
This craze of getting married a do or die affair got me wondering if an outcome can ever be negative.
Thank God some of our ladies still posses a sesne of reasoning.
. My bro. Don't tell me U believe all these cooked up stories these girls re framing up here! Haba bros u be man nau; u should be able to discern n b an edge ahead;
A mature girl reject marriage proposal; from a man dat is well 2do n financially OK; haba. Bros, it is impossible, na dem go dey even come cohabit wit U; dey 4get dia pants n bra n neckless so dey can come again under dat premise; dnt mind dem ;
Girls don't think straight 1ce marriage is involved ooohh!!

Girls can Only reject it; if d man is not well to do, dem go use mouth finish am; or if dey re still unripe (I.e teenagers n early adults) in which case dey obviously shouldn't b married. I have a vast experience so I know better.

Unkle

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by mecussey(m): 6:49am On Jul 13, 2014
ThoniaSlim: Yup. Just didn't see a happy future with him.

I am sure he didnt have money...that's why.
Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
CuteCynthia:

They were both players.
Good enuff reason. But come to think of it, i wonder why a player would go to the extent of proposing to a girl. Was it to get something he wasn't getting before ( the no-sex-b4-marriage syndrome)? A broke guy wanting to hook up to a rich gal? Or could he actually have repented of his player status and genuinely wanted to settle down?
Maybe these questions should go to the players in the house...
Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by egopersonified(f): 4:06pm On Jul 13, 2014
Raymondenyi: . My bro. Don't tell me U believe all these cooked up stories these girls re framing up here! Haba bros u be man nau; u should be able to discern n b an edge ahead;
A mature girl reject marriage proposal; from a man dat is well 2do n financially OK; haba. Bros, it is impossible, na dem go dey even come cohabit wit U; dey 4get dia pants n bra n neckless so dey can come again under dat premise; dnt mind dem ;
Girls don't think straight 1ce marriage is involved ooohh!!

Girls can Only reject it; if d man is not well to do, dem go use mouth finish am; or if dey re still unripe (I.e teenagers n early adults) in which case dey obviously shouldn't b married. I have a vast experience so I know better.

Unkle

the fact that u grew up with and have r/ships with girls of questionable characters, doesnt mean all ladies are hoes, pls if u deserve better, u would get better girls, so bros pls check yrself.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by egopersonified(f): 4:09pm On Jul 13, 2014
Op, did this twice. The first, I had to run becos of the AS marrying AS issue. The second, the guy liked flirting with girls too much, I didnt just trust him.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by OMA4U(m): 4:14pm On Jul 13, 2014
Raymondenyi: With d amount of girls roaming d streets looking for just 1 single husband( most will even manage half husband), n fulfulling d biblical prophesy... I don't think a laady in her rryt senses will reject dat 4rm a "suitable" suitor ...

Ofcourse wen I say "suitable" U know wat I mean...
. grin exactly wat I mean't ; d guy din't have. D "suitable" means to mek her happy grin grin.
So because there are girls roaming the street for husbands mean she should make decisions that she may later regret. she would have her reasons.
Re: Ladies: Have You Turned Down A Marriage Proposal Before? by queensenglish91: 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
Smartsyn: A friend of mine was telling me the ordeal he passed through the girl he wanted to marry.

They have been going out for a while now and the going was good according to him for like 6months, they are not staying in the same place because she is currently serving in the NYSC SCHEME.

So she came for a visit and he propped up the big question, " Will you marry me " to his own surprise the girl said NO.Blah blah blah...... Ofcourse my man is very stingy and that must be the reason though he won't tell me.

So I ask, do girls still turn down a wedding proposal nowadays?
Ladies in the house have you turn down a wedding proposal before, and why?
Gents, have you been turned down?

*Turned

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wooing A Girl,then She Said Im Not Saying Yes Or No For Now,what Does That Mean? / Please Help I Am Not Ugly But No Girl Loves Me, / Some Ladies And Their Ijapa (sly) Nature.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.