Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid (16541 Views)

How Many Of You Did This? See Photo / How Many Of You Did This? / Funniest And Craziest Things You Did When You Were A Kid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by WhyNa: 2:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
Suarezilla: Omo u get luck sey u no enter market grin.

Lol. Pepper wey enter brain like dt fit cause madness my brother
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by WhyNa: 2:32pm On Jul 13, 2014
sod09: are u cripple grin

Lmao
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by WhyNa: 2:38pm On Jul 13, 2014
So I also remember drinking liquid milk from d fridge. Dt one easy die! Just open the fridge, lift the paper wey dem use block d mouth, sip away and keep a straight and suprised face and say "it's not me oo" when they ask.

Powder milk and bournvita dey coba person dt time. Even if are not caught in the act, you will always make mistakes like getting it on ur face when dusting ur mouth with that same hand lol and it must surely touch your shirt. Problem is, you wont notice it but they will

8 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by sod09(m): 2:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
Lite a match stick nd threw it into d kerosene hole of our stove...d stove caught fire.,nd beating follows
Dnt try this at home

2 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by SweetyZinta(f): 2:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
my paternal grandmother raised me. She had phobia 4 rice, imagine a kid without rice for 7days, so anyday rice is being prepared i automatically become happy and sing d whole day. Thank God things have changed nowww

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Tunguy01(m): 2:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
salvatore007: I as a kid never did any childish tin in d kitchen cause i was 2smart 4things like dat.. I was always in my room in lekki back den busy studyin one novel called Encyclopedia brutanica. D only childish tin i did was 2teach my mum how to save our gas from finishing quickly by reducing combustion nd increasing ventilation there by increasing d combustion as oxygen is in abundance. It worked like magic smiley dats d dumbest thing av eva don sha. Hapi Sunday wink
I hear

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by freecharles(m): 2:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
dadoctore:
Yh am sure many of us called it 'stood' then,lol but we all knw beta now dnt we?!

a cousin of mine still call it stood grin
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Ikenna94: 3:09pm On Jul 13, 2014
So no one carry match stick smoke cigar for here in d kitchen? Anyway I did dat, I go just light a match stick and put it inside my mouth and open my mouth for smoke to go out. I also leaked ovaltine nd had to drink cold water in the midnite cos I was banned from drinking cold water because of cattarh. My mom did catch me dose times drinking cold water or leaking ice block

4 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
Chei, i think say na only me do funny things for kitchen. CHISOS!!! I can't stop laughing. grin grin. I usually stole milk and garri and drank it inside the cupboard, i was very tiny then. I don't use spoon, i drink it like i'm taking tea. Lol.

7 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Medunah: 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2014
Tallesty1: Bad pikin grin.

How are you doing?
Am gud, Jz came back 4rm church, hope u went to church?
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Tallesty1(m): 4:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
Medunah:
Am gud, Jz came back 4rm church, hope u went to church?
Sure
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by floragregs(f): 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
Aromas: I tink dey say d more u worship n pray in d house of d lord d more ur blessing is? Hop u'v gt somtin in2 ur belle?
yes yes yes! It's a cool sunday!
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Aromas: 4:58pm On Jul 13, 2014
floragregs: yes yes yes! It's a cool sunday!
con5m, akumura monday

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Medunah: 5:08pm On Jul 13, 2014
Tallesty1: Sure
K, dats gud
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by chukkystar(m): 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2014
I remember wen I want to soak carry then (especailly Ijebu Garri), I must first ceive it and remove particles. Now no time ooo
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by pweedyuz(f): 5:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
tins i did....Hmmm,e many o
Mi nd ma siblings use to mix garri with sugar,put it in a white nylon,tye it,den go to dat 'pointed tip syd of d nylon'open small hole den pour into d mouth nd chew away
My mum always wonder wat happens 2 d sugar nd y it dosent lasts...she stopped buying granulated nd brings cubed..but trust us nah!! Grinding method activated!!!

Anoda dat left a mark was ''smoking matches as we called it den''...my big cuz always does dis but he neva told mi dat he puts off d lite b4 puting d matches insyd his maut
I con say make i do my own...result--i burnt my tongue nd d mark still dy up till dis very moment...

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Karleb(m): 6:03pm On Jul 13, 2014
Valfrankie: [size=16pt]BALANCING THE SWITCH BETWEEN ON/OFF, My grandma always scooped enough soup for me to tastecheesycheesycheesy. Pouring back my soup into the pot n scooping a new oneundecidedundecidedundecided. Fishing n hunting in the soup pottonguetonguetongue. Eating from firesadsad. The thing too much joor. GOD rest your soul grandma[/size]

I thought I was the only one that enjoyed my grandmother, never knew someone else enjoyed his'.

If only wishes were horses.

RIP gran gran cry
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by xtervaganza(m): 6:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
donroxy: I was too inquisitive as a kid (around 4/5yo) only God saved me :

One day my Mama was boiling water with ''Boiling Ring aka Heater'' in the kitchen and I have always wondered what makes Heater Boil water ?

I rose up from my camp-Bed (my special bed) , walked into the kitchen and dipped my index finger inside the bowl of boiling ring ...... Grrrrrrrhhhhh embarassed , I met myself on my bed again, how I got there still amaze me till date grin
hahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by xtervaganza(m): 6:06pm On Jul 13, 2014
donroxy: My stuborn uncle has the habit of first visiting the kitchen whenever he comes from work .... If there is food , he will hail the whole household and go to the bathroom to piss ....... cheesy

If there is no food , he will cause trouble and force me to cook!
That is his routine everyday ! grin

One day , my elder uncle brought in his GF who sleep over while stuborn uncle pass-over too in another folk's house .....

My elder uncle's GF forgot to turn-off sink's tap while fixing herself what to eat and left !

The whole kitchen was flooded and the water became electrified as a result of contacts with some wires for Freezer !

Ogbeni uncle came back in the evening , took off his shoes as usual and started bouncing to the kitchen to checkout food grin , Immediately he stepped in the kitchen grin , Grrrrrhhh , grhhhhh, ye-ye , e gba mi ooo, e gba mi oo grin (help me o , help me o) grin

ahahahaha grin

He wanted to kill me that day , as he grabbed me , I just started shouting egbon no be me , egbon I swear no be me , na Boda's GF ooo , I swear No be me egbon abeg now ..... grin grin grin !

the girl enter ihm trouble ! grin
very funny
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by xtervaganza(m): 6:09pm On Jul 13, 2014
floragregs: I used help my mum to check if there was too much salt or pepper in the soup or stew, especially when she was fasting! She would scoop some wth the spoon and pour on my palm, I would taste it and give her feed back. Sometimes I will say "mummyyyy shocked, too much salt!" just to scare her. Lol.
I did this too grin

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by xtervaganza(m): 6:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
robinicule: enter kitchen, look left, look right, go outside to chek if someone is coming, go back in, open pot silently, take d smallest meat, use d cover of d pot to stop d stew from dropping on d floor...chew meat with my eyes wide open, alongside with my earing sensitivity very sharp, so to detect emerging footsteps....chew and swallow under 5seconds, make some plate noise in d kitchen, goes out, stays at the passage to clean my mouth, put on d serios face, enters parlour, sits with my junior brothers......force d remote from dem *changes television channel, while crossed leg cool
hahahahahah I'm in love with this topic oo
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 13, 2014
U nor well
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by sod09(m): 7:49pm On Jul 13, 2014
Adorayble: U nor well
im alrite dear
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by edoselele: 9:09pm On Jul 13, 2014
Donkunxex: Ive neva been in the kitchen b4..is dat whr d food comes from?
no dats where we take our bath!

3 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by kumpharm(f): 10:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
Dunno ow d habit started, bt I used to eat/lick Maggi (1-2 cubes) daily.. cheesy Back in d days big bro nd I would share the extra fish/meat or take one each then reduce d number for momsy nd if she says she's counted it, we told her we've mistakenly disposed it wif d wastewater.grin
Then as a kid, I ate my food right there in d kitchen b4 d food izz being served

2 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by kumpharm(f): 10:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
ooh! dat reminds me.... I also tried to balance the light switch in-between ON-OFF to see what happens.

nd there was a day big bro nd I wanted to test our cooking skills on fried rice cheesy.. We actually fried d rice shocked wif vegetable oil nd things were messed up. what a bad day it was #theRestisHistory..smiley
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
I came back from school one afternoon and mum was cooking rice, I was so happy that I climbed the little dining table in the kitchen, i was jumping up and down and before I knew what was happening, wooooooaaaaaaaaaa, I fell on the pot of rice grin I still have the scare on my body till today. embarassed
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Owoado(m): 12:43am On Jul 14, 2014
Used to lick white maggi and raw onions like crazy. Also dere was a day I decided to cook my first meal, I put already fried groudnut in a plastic plate N put d plate on fire. See meltin naaa.......my mama beat craze comot my body dat day
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by WhyNa: 12:56am On Jul 14, 2014
MzMariah: I came back from school one afternoon and mum was cooking rice, I was so happy that I climbed the little dining table in the kitchen, i was jumping up and down and before I knew what was happening, wooooooaaaaaaaaaa, I fell on the pot of rice grin I still have the scare on my body till today. embarassed

Nawa o. U fell on the pot of rice Was the table close to the stove or you jumped into the pot

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by teewhybabee(f): 1:00am On Jul 14, 2014
I love to sleep no be small, back den by 6pm am already asleep, dey use to yab me cuz I prefer to sleep dan to eat dinner, on dis faithful evening I slept early as usual while dey were cooking nite food which was jollof rice,mayb I was dreaming of beans or sometin I can't tell cuz wen dey woke me up and gave me my share of meal, wit my eyes still closed, I went to where we store our garri and started scooping it into my jollof rice, b4 dey know wat was goin on, my jollof rice don turn to jollof garri. Dey later help me scrap some of d garri away but had to eat my new combo like dat.

2 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by kilokeys(m): 1:26am On Jul 14, 2014
y'all were decent kids shey?
who has peed.in.the.sink just like me , huh?
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Awesomeking: 5:12am On Jul 14, 2014
are u laughing at another nigga's disability?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help! My Wife Has A Flaccid Boobs / Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? / 5th Birthday Of A Nairalander's Cute Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.