Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,624 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid (16535 Views)

How Many Of You Did This? See Photo / How Many Of You Did This? / Funniest And Craziest Things You Did When You Were A Kid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 14, 2014
WhyNa:

Nawa o. U fell on the pot of rice Was the table close to the stove or you jumped into the pot
It was close to it.
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Francon(f): 10:09am On Jul 14, 2014
THOSE DAYS OF ANYONE THAT DEMANDS FOR EXTRA FOOD WILL WASH THE DISHES..... MISS THOSE DAYS WHEN WE BOOK FOR WHO EATS D HEAD (2 EDGES OF RAW PLANTAIN) B4 FRYING. MY HOUSE GAL WILL ASK US TO GO TURN ON THE LIGHT AND WHILE WE DO THAT, SHE USES THE OPPORTUNITY TO EAT THE FRIED PLANTAINS..... I MISS THOSE DAYS OF EATING WITH MY SIBLINGS (5 OF US).... I WILL MAKE A HOLE IN MY EBA/GARRI AND HIDE A FISH/MEAT/PRAWN/CRAYFISH THERE, THEN WHEN I PUT IT IN MY MOUTH, I BRING IT OUT CODEDLY AND CHEW. I MISS THOSE DAYS OF "WE HAVE TO TEST UR STRENGTH BY BRING OUT A BIG POT FROM FIRE WITH YOUR BARE HANDS"....
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by bbello28(m): 11:47am On Jul 14, 2014
donroxy: I was too inquisitive as a kid (around 4/5yo) only God saved me :

One day my Mama was boiling water with ''Boiling Ring aka Heater'' in the kitchen and I have always wondered what makes Heater Boil water ?

I rose up from my camp-Bed (my special bed) , walked into the kitchen and dipped my index finger inside the bowl of boiling ring ...... Grrrrrrrhhhhh embarassed , I met myself on my bed again, how I got there still amaze me till date grin
grin dat wz miraculous...eyonbo anabi

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Paretomaster(m): 12:21pm On Jul 14, 2014
ahaahaahha! funny memories, my mum sell food, so each time she is not around, i pack enough meat on top ma food, her restaurant help go just dey look me, as i no dey gree make dem dish my food,except if mum is around, and its just one meat for me.

i remember when we had a ceremony, and my elder sister comes around, they fried a whole ram, na so my mum warn my sis to be careful with me, after eating s much as i can, later at night, they don't want to keep it in d kitchen, i guess, i searched everywhere for the fried meat, but couldn't find it

A day to the ceremony, i was looking for something in my room, among d numerous coolers my mum kept there, lo and behold, see meat berekete cheesy cheesy, my sister wanna play smart, so she hide d meat among the coolers just to deceive me, kai i knelt down raise up my hand, and give thanks to God.

i just went out sit opposite to my sister, and was smiling grin grin, i can remember the look on her face, "she was like, what is wrong with dis one?

she have no idea.

na dat night i know say, if u see meat, u go run, i eat till i cant eat no more, that week na serious purging o grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by daveP(m): 12:22pm On Jul 14, 2014
missberrypop5: Chei, i think say na only me do funny things for kitchen. CHISOS!!! I can't stop laughing. grin grin. I usually stole milk and garri and drank it inside the cupboard, i was very tiny then. I don't use spoon, i drink it like i'm taking tea. Lol.
i can imagine the queen-like feeling! Sip sip!! Mehn! grin grin grin grin
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by bbello28(m): 12:23pm On Jul 14, 2014
ma papa na badoo grin I could remember d day ma mum prepared chicken stewtongue meanwhile we killed 2 fowls nd in d process of cooking and frying... 1 gizzard miraculously disappeared into ma mouth.. Mama didn't suspektgrin wen time to serve papa come... She saw only 1 gizzard and d oda gizzard was like " na me be dis,com take me nowundecided" mama knew ate it buh papa was like..."How can 2 fowls av 1 gizzard".dem no gimme meat dat dae..grin I lafta ...since dat day ehn my mama dey lock kitchen anytym she dey komotgringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by daveP(m): 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2014
Enahi: chai una wickid o!
Ahem...
Mine was actually like anyday mumC wan cook moin-moin,my bro will slot in ron kenoly and we'l dance the whole tape and sleep,by the time we wake up,moin-moin don cold.
There was this uncle i had that always jst found probs with me and ma bros,he came in one day and saw my parents werent home,next destination was pot of soup,i watched him 'majestically' dish out 3big chunks of meat and soak garri,when he was true,he said in a baritonic accent 'if you ever say a word when ur mum comes back,il skin u alive'
only ma snr bro 'set return leg' with ma uncle cos he did tell and got the beating at a 'convinient' date! grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by daveP(m): 12:33pm On Jul 14, 2014
Electric shock aspect
the curiousity of the red glow of the electric cooker made me en ma yonger bro to touch it.it was faulty and we were warned nt to go near,we still went barefooted,and touch it went it was off.omo see Scream wey register 3blocks away!! Both of us at the same time!!

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 14, 2014
bbello28:
grin dat wz miraculous...eyonbo anabi
(saw) grin
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by penmate101(m): 4:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
Choi bad behavior in the kitchen plenty ooo

From collecting all the moin moin leaves to scrape off the moin moin stuck on it.... to licking the mixing bowl anytime my sister baked... or is it when I used to remove the eyes of all the fish heads in the pot?

The worst ever was this... arriving home after school, entered the kitchen and sighted a pot on the shelf way beyond my reach. I could smell it was egusi soup. I knew there were bound to be many obstacles inside as was my sisters prefered method of cooking. Home Alone! I dragged the yam mortar close to the shelf. climbing in, I was still a few inches short of the handles, but could move the pot around from the base. So i moved and moved. I was desperate. closer and closer, expecting that the pot would go from the shelve to my head and I could bring it down safely. in the blink of an eye, I was covered with warm soup, the pot bouncing off my head. Pepper in my eyes soup on the floor.... U can Imagine the rest. My punishment was extended for over a month!

4 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Abel202: 5:38pm On Jul 14, 2014
Nairaland is great. I have so enjoyed myself reading these "confessions" and laughing hysterically.
Make una keep it flowing biko, ha ha ha
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by rightflank: 10:09pm On Jul 14, 2014
Kslib: First, i'll carefully look at how inside of the pot is, then take the meat from the least noticable position a..k..a the one that wouldnt leave any hole in the soup/stew.. grin

Criminal.

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Andrea18(f): 12:12am On Jul 15, 2014
Quite fun.

Whenever i took food myself one piece of meat was always below and another on top.
Innocent angel:*

2 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by moyarhtohbadt(f): 1:01am On Jul 15, 2014
Everybody had access to d kitchen in my house,so not much thiefing happened,but i can remember some incidents dat happened there.About 9 yrs ago,my elda sis and i jez finished watching a yoruba movie and we saw dat d corpse had white stuff in his nostrils and ears,,it lukd fascinating den,,so we dcyded to try it.My sister being d smart one deceived me dat i was mor talented so i cld play d role,,na so she carry me on top kitchen table i lie flat dey look lyk didirin,,she take tissue paper roll am put am for my nose...wen we finished sha,,laffin and excited i remove d first paper in my left nose,,,e con remain d one for right,,,i blow nose titi,,,paper no com out oo,,,na so she carry me go meet mummy,,as she see me,mama jump up,see slap from different angles i no cry sef,,fear dat i wld die conquered all d abara she was giving me,,whether i had to sniff it heavily in,,nd let it pass thru my throat to my mouf or dey used ishana stick to remove it i cant remeber,,,c beating dat day if not for one house help we had den,Aunty Bose dat begged my mum for me,,,i wldnt av bin here by now.

2 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by freecharles(m): 9:08am On Jul 15, 2014
moyarhtohbadt: Everybody had access to d kitchen in my house,so not much thiefing happened,but i can remember some incidents dat happened there.About 9 yrs ago,my elda sis and i jez finished watching a yoruba movie and we saw dat d corpse had white stuff in his nostrils and ears,,it lukd fascinating den,,so we dcyded to try it.My sister being d smart one deceived me dat i was mor talented so i cld play d role,,na so she carry me on top kitchen table i lie flat dey look lyk didirin,,she take tissue paper roll am put am for my nose...wen we finished sha,,laffin and excited i remove d first paper in my left nose,,,e con remain d one for right,,,i blow nose titi,,,paper no com out oo,,,na so she carry me go meet mummy,,as she see me,mama jump up,see slap from different angles i no cry sef,,fear dat i wld die conquered all d abara she was giving me,,whether i had to sniff it heavily in,,nd let it pass thru my throat to my mouf or dey used ishana stick to remove it i cant remeber,,,c beating dat day if not for one house help we had den,Aunty Bose dat begged my mum for me,,,i wldnt av bin here by now.

WICKEDDD cheesy grin.....inbtw, I sight u moyato
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by bbello28(m): 6:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
moyarhtohbadt: Everybody had access to d kitchen in my house,so not much thiefing happened,but i can remember some incidents dat happened there.About 9 yrs ago,my elda sis and i jez finished watching a yoruba movie and we saw dat d corpse had white stuff in his nostrils and ears,,it lukd fascinating den,,so we dcyded to try it.My sister being d smart one deceived me dat i was mor talented so i cld play d role,,na so she carry me on top kitchen table i lie flat dey look lyk didirin,,she take tissue paper roll am put am for my nose...wen we finished sha,,laffin and excited i remove d first paper in my left nose,,,e con remain d one for right,,,i blow nose titi,,,paper no com out oo,,,na so she carry me go meet mummy,,as she see me,mama jump up,see slap from different angles i no cry sef,,fear dat i wld die conquered all d abara she was giving me,,whether i had to sniff it heavily in,,nd let it pass thru my throat to my mouf or dey used ishana stick to remove it i cant remeber,,,c beating dat day if not for one house help we had den,Aunty Bose dat begged my mum for me,,,i wldnt av bin here by now.
grin ur mama's igbati no hot grin Com taste ma own mama's leftygrin walai d tissue paper go fly commot enter dustbin ni grin grin God bless our mothers grin sha

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by mcmeffy(m): 1:38am On Jul 17, 2014
I had this habit of scooping garri into my mouth back then. So dz fateful day i was @ home wf ma uncle,I sneaked off climbed a chair to take d garri from d container on the fridge. I think I slipped cos d next tyn I saw was a shower of garri. Well my Uncle didn't beat me,but I sure received his trademark ear drawing and I had to sweep d whole place... Lol..

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by moyarhtohbadt(f): 8:36am On Jul 19, 2014
freecharles:

WICKEDDD cheesy grin.....inbtw, I sight u moyato
i sight u too!
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by vonn(f): 6:45pm On Jul 22, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? / In The Light Of D Economic Situation If U Marry Now How Many Children Wil U Have / Couples Please Encourage Me With Your Financial Struggles Stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.