Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,876 members, 7,824,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid (16556 Views)

How Many Of You Did This? See Photo / How Many Of You Did This? / Funniest And Craziest Things You Did When You Were A Kid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 13, 2014
salvatore007: I as a kid never did any childish tin in d kitchen cause i was 2smart 4things like dat.. I was always in my room in lekki back den busy studyin one novel called Encyclopedia brutanica. D only childish tin i did was 2teach my mum how to save our gas from finishing quickly by reducing combustion nd increasing ventilation there by increasing d combustion as oxygen is in abundance. It worked like magic smiley dats d dumbest thing av eva don sha. Hapi Sunday wink

13 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by justi4jesu(f): 7:36am On Jul 13, 2014
Always checking the pot to see if my mum has cooked anything new grin

2 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Fatdon(m): 7:37am On Jul 13, 2014
Stealing Meat From pot
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by IAMBREEZY: 7:37am On Jul 13, 2014
smoke weed
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:41am On Jul 13, 2014
Stealing fish, meat or dodo from pots or frying pan!
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by pelvicky(m): 7:47am On Jul 13, 2014
Sijo01: Mine was to lick my mom five fingers after she finish adding spices to the soup/stew embarassed
and ur mum will allow u
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by gbaskiboy: 7:48am On Jul 13, 2014
donroxy: I was too inquisitive as a kid (around 4/5yo) only God saved me :

One day my Mama was boiling water with ''Boiling Ring aka Heater'' in the kitchen and I have always wondered what makes Heater Boil water ?

I rose up from my camp-Bed (my special bed) , walked into the kitchen and dipped my index finger inside the bowl of boiling ring ...... Grrrrrrrhhhhh embarassed , I met myself on my bed again, how I got there still amaze me till date grin
electric shock, i once experienced it

2 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by pelvicky(m): 7:49am On Jul 13, 2014
aminho: looking at the maids yansh wink
u dey prove omo baba olowo(rich man son)
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by mujiboy(m): 7:59am On Jul 13, 2014
Just obsessed with plantain.. Always gonna taste it when getting fried in the kitchen.. Another thing, used to climb a stood just to wash plate on the sink, couldn't wait to get tall then.

3 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Damyion(m): 8:01am On Jul 13, 2014
Sneaking to the kitchen at 2am to have my real dinner...

2 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by passionate88: 8:03am On Jul 13, 2014
I plucked water leaves, ugu, pound ogbono, learn hw to cut periwinkles, wash snails with alum nd or lime, make G4, boil rice, etc... Infact b4 I even enter SS1, I dn b baba for kitchen... All thanks to my closeness to my mom.

4 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Mayor88(m): 8:03am On Jul 13, 2014
Lol...I rememba wen I used ลงยบ bleep my neighbors daughters in d kitchen,I used 2 get caught by my elder bros sha. Choi!

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by victorazy(m): 8:03am On Jul 13, 2014
Luv
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Valfrankie(m): 8:03am On Jul 13, 2014
[size=24pt]BALANCING THE SWITCH BETWEEN ON/OFF, My grandma always scooped enough soup for me to tastecheesycheesycheesy. Pouring back my soup into the pot n scooping a new oneundecidedundecidedundecided. Fishing n hunting in the soup pottonguetonguetongue. Eating from firesadsad. The thing too much joor. GOD rest your soul grandma[/size]

8 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by passionate88: 8:03am On Jul 13, 2014
Damyion: Sneaking to the kitchen at 2am to have my real dinner...
I still doit till nw o

2 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by onuwaje(m): 8:07am On Jul 13, 2014
There was a day momcy was cooking dinner(pepper soup) and men were very hungry... I mean very hungry.. So I went to the kitchen as momsy was dishing out popcy share I decided to act chin fu... I wanted to grab a piece of yam from the pot without her seeing me.. And as I tried.. The whole pot fell on the floor(capsized)..... Omo... Y'all know what happened na cheesy

Also I wanted to form black ninja one night.. The frying of meat I just couldn't resist the aroma.. I entered the kitchen that night and took a piece of meat.. As I was putting it in my mouth momsy catch me.... Omo I swallow big meat like that o... No evidence even tho say my mouth dey shine grin

22 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by okirewaju(f): 8:08am On Jul 13, 2014
Storing dirty pots under the sink cabinet embarassed

8 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 13, 2014
Wen I was like 8/9 I was to go for an excurtion in skul. So dat morn I was so anxious nd impatient to allow my elder sis get the hot water so I entered d kitchen carried it by myself nd u know d rest. I cry soteee cos no outin again for me. Lol

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 13, 2014
Stole a lotta meats - I was the kitchen Tony Anini cheesy

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 13, 2014
getting some cooked beans to a safe corner before the bean chills for later revisit. if chilled to a degree, take some, and shake it up to smoothen the surface up. if fermented, abort the process. better luck next time.
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Donkunxex(m): 8:21am On Jul 13, 2014
Ive neva been in the kitchen b4..is dat whr d food comes from?
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Kslib(m): 8:23am On Jul 13, 2014
First, i'll carefully look at how inside of the pot is, then take the meat from the least noticable position a..k..a the one that wouldnt leave any hole in the soup/stew.. grin

3 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by horlabiyi(m): 8:24am On Jul 13, 2014
This happened to my sister. We grew up with our grandma. There was a day grandma was cooking and my sister was dozing. Immediately grandma sighted her,she just dip the spoon inside the hot soup and gently placed the spoon on my sister's upper lips "oboi" see speed as she run comot like person wey police dog dey chase. I laff sotey !!

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Kslib(m): 8:30am On Jul 13, 2014
Stealing fried meat on X-mas eve. Putting them inside a white leather in my pocket. Dip inside and chew away as i walk.. grin That one na one of my high-held sacred tradition.. grin

Pressing the meat deep inside my rice, then use rice to cover the top especially when i want more food and i'm asked to go take.. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by vengedre(m): 8:32am On Jul 13, 2014
I stole meats from pot, infact i'm 21 now, yesterday I went home from school... I stole meats from the pot offcourse... And I like touching our maids' breasts
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Enahi(f): 8:33am On Jul 13, 2014
Oh my God lol I remembered how I and my elder sis mixed Omo into a glass cup and gave it to the housemaid,immediately the girl came into the kitchen we gave it to her and told her it was ice cream the mumu girl took it and drank little out of it and spat it out. We couldn't help but laugh at her stupidity. There was a day my elder sis went to the kitchen and took the bottle of ketchup poured it on her body and acted dead,my mum had to come back to the house to find out what happened she was so worried eh. There was a day I attempted to fry plantain,the frying pan caught fire and all I could scream was Oh my goodness,Oh my goodness. My mum heard me screaming Oh my goodness she came into the kitchen and turned off the Gas and she was like you want to burn yourself and the whole house and you stood there saying Oh my goodness. There was a day I woke up very early in the morning,left my room went downstairs to the kitchen and went straight for Sugar cane. I attempted to cut the sugar cane with a big knife,the type that butchers use in cutting meat. I ended up cutting a little part of my skin,I couldn't scream or shout because I knew my mum might beat me for what I did,so I kept quiet but blood was gushing out from my hand and my elder sis noticed so she had to call my mum and my mum now applied Iodine on it. It was so painful eh.

5 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by WhyNa: 8:36am On Jul 13, 2014
Lol. Funny memories.

Used to chew the crayfish while pounding it jare.

My brother once stole a chicken piece that was left to drain so that it cud be fried. As im turn to comot see mumsy, im pocket am. My mum coded and since she knew twas hot and it was burning my brother, she made him stand there longer before giving him the beating of his life. To make matters worse, she called the rest of us and gave us a piece each cheesy just to teach my bro a lesson. Omo na so we file in come collect the shiken like better pikins.

My neighbour's son used to steal his mum's maggi cubes and sell it in school as choco milo.

5 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by justi4jesu(f): 8:37am On Jul 13, 2014
Kslib: First, i'll carefully look at how inside of the pot is, then take the meat from the least noticable position a..k..a the one that wouldnt leave any hole in the soup/stew.. grin

lol...u be big thief...hahaha

2 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by chaloner(m): 8:39am On Jul 13, 2014
donroxy: Seun, Mukina2, Moderators pls put this on the Frontpage by morning!

I still gat two more 2 share : my own and my uncle grin .... My stubborn uncle got served !
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Enahi(f): 8:40am On Jul 13, 2014
onuwaje: There was a day momcy was cooking dinner(pepper soup) and men were very hungry... I mean very hungry.. So I went to the kitchen as momsy was dishing out popcy share I decided to act chin fu... I wanted to grab a piece of yam from the pot without her seeing me.. And as I tried.. The whole pot fell on the floor(capsized)..... Omo... Y'all know what happened na cheesy

Also I wanted to form black ninja one night.. The frying of meat I just couldn't resist the aroma.. I entered the kitchen that night and took a piece of meat.. As I was putting it in my mouth momsy catch me.... Omo I swallow big meat like that o... No evidence even tho say my mouth dey shine grin
Now this is funny.
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 13, 2014
WhyNa: Lol. Funny memories.

Used to chew the crayfish while pounding it jare.

My brother once stole a chicken piece that was left to drain so that it cud be fried. As im turn to comot see mumsy, im pocket am. My mum coded and since she knew twas hot and it was burning my brother, she made him stand there longer before giving him the beating of his life. To make matters worse, she called the rest of us and gave us a piece each cheesy just to teach my bro a lesson. Omo na so we file in come collect the shiken like better pikins.

LOOL clever punishment hahaha

My neighbour's son used to steal his mum's maggi cubes and sell it in school as choco milo.

Chai see mischief grin

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Sabotage4700(m): 8:45am On Jul 13, 2014
frodobee: Hmm.
Did you see the hypocrisy of the posters above me? Same people who steal fish and meat from Mama's soup pot, lying on a sunday morning. Mama will always say 'diaris God o'
I think its more of confessing on Sunday morning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? / 5th Birthday Of A Nairalander's Cute Son / Couples Please Encourage Me With Your Financial Struggles Stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.