Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid (16543 Views)

How Many Of You Did This? See Photo / How Many Of You Did This? / Funniest And Craziest Things You Did When You Were A Kid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by freecharles(m): 11:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
guy let's have fun and talk about things we did in the "KITCHEN" as a kid....

for me though, whenever my mum finish frying anything (esp fish), I sit down childishly by the frying pan she used and start to pick the crumbs on the fried food and eat them. cheesy cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Onlinebizexpert(m): 12:03am On Jul 13, 2014
i washed plates angry

36 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Nobody: 4:00am On Jul 13, 2014
I was too inquisitive as a kid (around 4/5yo) only God saved me :

One day my Mama was boiling water with ''Boiling Ring aka Heater'' in the kitchen and I have always wondered what makes Heater Boil water ?

I rose up from my camp-Bed (my special bed) , walked into the kitchen and dipped my index finger inside the bowl of boiling ring ...... Grrrrrrrhhhhh embarassed , I met myself on my bed again, how I got there still amaze me till date grin

78 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Nobody: 4:25am On Jul 13, 2014
I was keenly observing the way the hot water was flowing from the kettle into my bathing bucket ...

HolyGod , Stubborn boy just placed the back of his right hand upon the flowing Hot water ..... embarassed and u know the rest na !

8 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Nobody: 4:27am On Jul 13, 2014
My stuborn uncle has the habit of first visiting the kitchen whenever he comes from work .... If there is food , he will hail the whole household and go to the bathroom to piss ....... cheesy

If there is no food , he will cause trouble and force me to cook!
That is his routine everyday ! grin

One day , my elder uncle brought in his GF who sleep over while stuborn uncle pass-over too in another folk's house .....

My elder uncle's GF forgot to turn-off sink's tap while fixing herself what to eat and left !

The whole kitchen was flooded and the water became electrified as a result of contacts with some wires for Freezer !

Ogbeni uncle came back in the evening , took off his shoes as usual and started bouncing to the kitchen to checkout food grin , Immediately he stepped in the kitchen grin , Grrrrrhhh , grhhhhh, ye-ye , e gba mi ooo, e gba mi oo grin (help me o , help me o) grin

ahahahaha grin

He wanted to kill me that day , as he grabbed me , I just started shouting egbon no be me , egbon I swear no be me , na Boda's GF ooo , I swear No be me egbon abeg now ..... grin grin grin !

the girl enter ihm trouble ! grin

61 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Sijo01(f): 5:55am On Jul 13, 2014
Mine was to lick my mom five fingers after she finish adding spices to the soup/stew embarassed

12 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by kbshow100(m): 7:14am On Jul 13, 2014
My number one priority of going to the kitchen as a child is To Steal meat in the pot, my senior brothers won't allow me to eat the meat our mama put in the big tray of food, the only option then is to Sneak to the kitchen. I enjoy that memory a lot

13 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by skullz: 7:18am On Jul 13, 2014
undecided I cried in the kitchen
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Kk4(m): 7:19am On Jul 13, 2014
Leak that stuff mom use to turn veggie yam. Love it. Smuggle meat. Wash plate. Pound akpu. Hate it

2 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by adexsimply(m): 7:19am On Jul 13, 2014
LOL. The day my younger brother somersaulted into a very hot pot of beans grin grin grin. It was funny and scary, my mum no even pity him, as she was pouring cold water on his boiling belly, she was giving him different kinds of slap. That day ehn. grin grin

27 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by aminho(m): 7:20am On Jul 13, 2014
looking at the maids yansh wink

5 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by ggrin(f): 7:21am On Jul 13, 2014
cheesy ok make I share ma own cheesy

Twaz around 10pm that fkin day,ma mum jus cook one badt soupcheesy like that,ma mind was thr....I think say evrybody don sleepsad,na so I stand up for ma bed,jejely tip toe to kitchen me no knw say ma mama too dy tip toe ff me,we no dy ON kitchen lite,ehn ehn as I open d pot,dip ma hand inside the soup,select d one ma teeth go fit chew,as I wan put am for ma mouth like this....

Na so I hear *paa* light ONshocked
,yepa!mogbe!!gbege!!!
If u see d kain beaten wey I receive that day ehn,angry

One day like that too,me nd ma siblings gada dy kitchen,I don dy watch one advert like that(magin star wey tht small boy tell hin mama say *mum,me too) na so ma mama taste soup ontop fire na so I tell her say me too,she hold ma hand,dip spoon inside the hot soup,com place am for ma hand D spoon hawt like madt that day ehn

Y evuls?

41 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 13, 2014
My brother and I used to spit on the gas burner to make the fire sputter. When our mother wasn't looking, of course.

4 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by UnimkeAk(m): 7:23am On Jul 13, 2014
Me.. I carry meat from pot tire !
I will not say its stealing cuZ err body in my huz had free access to her pot.
Ok tis stealing.. But I wasnt beaten. Only warned

Ryt nau i cant eat 3 pieces of meat witout throwing up.

One tym i went for holiday at my auntys place.. Went to d kit to do as usual, got caught and manhandled.

Afta i must hv 4goten abt d beatings, I went 4 anoda heist, As i had d 1st meat in my mouth ... Nepa took light so i couldnt close d pot wif pple in d dinning hearing.
So me and my cuz carried d pot 2 d room.
Anoda mortal kombat combo

17 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by parzdor(m): 7:25am On Jul 13, 2014
me na to carry plate put for mumcy ffront o unto testing tings meanwhile na just tip from d soap she test her own

2 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by floragregs(f): 7:25am On Jul 13, 2014
I used help my mum to check if there was too much salt or pepper in the soup or stew, especially when she was fasting! She would scoop some wth the spoon and pour on my palm, I would taste it and give her feed back. Sometimes I will say "mummyyyy shocked, too much salt!" just to scare her. Lol.

13 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by usmanspihn(m): 7:27am On Jul 13, 2014
As I child, I couldn't reach the top shelf in the kitchen and the only option available was to climb a shaky shelf on the first row just to lick salt!!!! This very day, I stood on it and it gave way, fell right beside a pot of hot oil. I licked salt as a kid but now!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by frodobee: 7:27am On Jul 13, 2014
Hmm.
Did you see the hypocrisy of the posters above me? Same people who steal fish and meat from Mama's soup pot, lying on a sunday morning. Mama will always say 'diaris God o'

2 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 13, 2014
My sisters used to call me "Ali baba and d forty thieves" cox i be robin hood wen i small..meat just dey miss for pot..and b4 i forget;i dnt return change

17 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by maborukoje(f): 7:28am On Jul 13, 2014
Steal maggi or d wrap to eat.

Fast forward

My one year old daughter looks for maggi wraps in d kitchen cry undecided

30 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by talk2riel: 7:28am On Jul 13, 2014
Sing all the available christian song before food done. Guinea corn with red oil (SAP)

3 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by wrench: 7:29am On Jul 13, 2014
Closing the fridge gently to see the light go off....

46 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Aromas: 7:29am On Jul 13, 2014
floragregs: I used help my mum to check if there was too much salt or pepper in the soup or stew, especially when she was fasting! She would scoop some wth the spoon and pour on my palm, I would taste it and give her feed back. Sometimes I will say "mummyyyy shocked, too much salt!" just to scare her. Lol.
Omo mummy, hawa u?
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 13, 2014
Old things are passed away....

person don dey get children o this kind of story dey touch o

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by decode55(m): 7:30am On Jul 13, 2014
Normal Normal wink
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by salvatore007(m): 7:33am On Jul 13, 2014
I as a kid never did any childish tin in d kitchen cause i was 2smart 4things like dat.. I was always in my room in lekki back den busy studyin one novel called Encyclopedia brutanica. D only childish tin i did was 2teach my mum how to save our gas from finishing quickly by reducing combustion nd increasing ventilation there by increasing d combustion as oxygen is in abundance. It worked like magic smiley dats d dumbest thing av eva don sha. Hapi Sunday wink

7 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by 80million1: 7:33am On Jul 13, 2014
Ok
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by priscaoge(f): 7:33am On Jul 13, 2014
The aroma that comes out of d kitchen anytime My Mum is frying plantain always attracts me 2 d kitchengrin grin and I must eat up 2 6slices before she's done with d foodcheesycheesycheesy(As d baby of d house)But seriously I love watching her make meals cos nothing like maids in my houseundecidedundecided! I wash dishes while my elder Bro sweeps d house(Division of Labour)

6 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 13, 2014
Oh yeah, my mother used to make me pound mushrooms for soup. It took me soo long to do that thing lol with my little arms, and it was boring so I wasn't even trying to go fast. I think she was just keeping me occupied angry (this actually just dawned on me! Grrrr!!)

2 Likes

wrench: Closing the fridge gently to see the light go off....

Ooh I did that too

7 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by 80million1: 7:34am On Jul 13, 2014
wrench: Closing the fridge gently to see the light go off....
Respect!
I think a whole lot of us did that!

17 Likes

I kept stealing meat until my dad took me to stay with his elder brother who was an army officer in kaduna

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help! My Wife Has A Flaccid Boobs / Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? / 5th Birthday Of A Nairalander's Cute Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.