Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,171 members, 7,825,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid (16557 Views)

How Many Of You Did This? See Photo / How Many Of You Did This? / Funniest And Craziest Things You Did When You Were A Kid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Sijo01(f): 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2014
pelvicky: dats terrible

You wanna explain.
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by pelvicky(m): 12:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
Sijo01:

You wanna explain.
noo
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by SupaJoe(m): 12:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
I did so many funny things as a child.....the 2 I can never forget are, whenever my mum starts cooking that's when I'll start singing n whistling loud(to show my happiness). par-boiled rice was my favorite food.

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by WhyNa: 12:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
Suarezilla: I Smoked a lot as a kid in d kitchen

Omo na for toilet I do that one o.

Anoda memory was once when my dad cooked omi obe with fish...this popular yoruba peppery stew. It was so damn delicious that later that day, I tip toed to the kitchen to go taste it again.

With the fear of being cut and the longer throat in me, na im I full spoon instead of the normal small tasting I suppose take, drink am with full speed.......... Omo see twinklw twinkle little star for my head. Na so the pepper enter my brain plus catarrh wey comot my nose....and pot still open with spoon for floor. Even as dem catch me dey ask wat is it, wat were u doin, na so so head I just dey shake

5 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by WhyNa: 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2014
pelvicky: dats terrible

Terrible kini? My mama do am too o. Infact as she don use her hand pieces the maggi finish inside pot, she go see 3 pairs of eyes begging her for her hand
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
This brings back memories

That reminds me; I need to sue my older siblings for sibling labor. angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by freecharles(m): 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
donroxy: I was too inquisitive as a kid (around 4/5yo) only God saved me :

One day my Mama was boiling water with ''Boiling Ring aka Heater'' in the kitchen and I have always wondered what makes Heater Boil water ?

I rose up from my camp-Bed (my special bed) , walked into the kitchen and dipped my index finger inside the bowl of boiling ring ...... Grrrrrrrhhhhh embarassed , I met myself on my bed again, how I got there still amaze me till date grin

lmfao cheesy
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by freecharles(m): 12:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
adexsimply: LOL. The day my younger brother somersaulted into a very hot pot of beans grin grin grin. It was funny and scary, my mum no even pity him, as she was pouring cold water on his boiling belly, she was giving him different kinds of slap. That day ehn. grin grin

hahahahahahahaha cheesy
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Sike(m): 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2014
donroxy: I was too inquisitive as a kid (around 4/5yo) only God saved me :

One day my Mama was boiling water with ''Boiling Ring aka Heater'' in the kitchen and I have always wondered what makes Heater Boil water ?

I rose up from my camp-Bed (my special bed) , walked into the kitchen and dipped my index finger inside the bowl of boiling ring ...... Grrrrrrrhhhhh embarassed , I met myself on my bed again, how I got there still amaze me till date grin
lmao! It was a magic.
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by pelvicky(m): 12:51pm On Jul 13, 2014
WhyNa:

Terrible kini? My mama do am too o. Infact as she don use her hand pieces the maggi finish inside pot, she go see 3 pairs of eyes begging her for her hand
i av neva heard of dis b4,,jst wondering

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by tk4rd: 12:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
Whenever my mom tastes food, I used to stick out my little right hand so that she puts small for me to taste too.. She would always ask me wat I tasted..
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Koats14(m): 12:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
i used to raid the soup pot,and mumsy keeps complaining meats and pomo missing.......i no get time,i raid anytime,anyday! Day my broda catch me ehn,na aluminium pot d soup dey inside,i open am pick pomo(meat don scarce) na him i just look back see LIVE shadow of my inspector general brother,i drop am jejely den close pot but For one reason or another he didn't tell mum & we didn't talk about the incident till today.#secret_tins and i never stole from d pot againgringringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by nurey(m): 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2014
I would wrap 2b note book, take a candle to the kitchen and smoke it.

i would tip toe to the kitchen and pour lebu(powdery garri) add dozen of sugar and drink, the prob with lebu is that it rises 4times the normal size, so once when i couldnt finish it forgot and slept under the dinning table till around 10am when everyone was like where is papa(my fondly called name).

eating grinded cray fish by carefully unloosing the nylon, eating enough and repackaging it.

waking up in the night and ransacking the whole kitchen for fish/meat, soup, milk.

the most memorable ones are stealing fried ede (crayfish) from the pot.

as i am an adult now what they know me for is finishing the panla (stocked fish) and fried wara (cow milk like meat sold by fulani). also i neva return change cause the moment i receive moni i don get authentic tory how ur change was used.
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 13, 2014
Kslib:
Lol. One of the reasons i feared Egusi soup those days. After its heated and settles, it always forms this thin layer of leather like film over the soup. And when you temper with the soup and that thin top layer cracks, my own don finish cos person must know say i hack the soup.

So whenever i'm at home and i know that my mum or cousin will be coming home late enough to allow me operate, all i just do is take the meat add small water to the soup and heat it again. It settles and forms another layer without leaving any hole.. grin cheesy

Stew is the easiest.. Just take the meat, add small water, then use the spoon to repair the hole back to normal.. shikena.. grin

Fish na small thing esp when there's Tail. All i just do is carefully cut it into two equal halves and eat my share.. Put back the other half and make sure the missing half part is lying on its now exposed belly.. grin . That gives the impression that the fish is still full OR that the missing half is still somewhere inside the food.. For where!!!! E dey my belle.. Hehe!! grin

Lwkmd professional food thief

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
grin baddest girl ever liveth...my mum still calls me 10/10 cox i dont return her change..
Medunah:
Lolz, ur my second, even till now i dnt return change oo, if my mum/dad remember days later, I will jz cook up story. What dey do now is give me the exact money so dere wont be any change, lolz
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 13, 2014
Enahi: Oh my God lol I remembered how I and my elder sis mixed Omo into a glass cup and gave it to the housemaid,immediately the girl came into the kitchen we gave it to her and told her it was ice cream the mumu girl took it and drank little out of it and spat it out.
Diaris God o !

3 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by sarzwizard(m): 1:12pm On Jul 13, 2014

illegal dishing of my mum's pot of rice
dah omo i'm a hire killer
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by sarzwizard(m): 1:13pm On Jul 13, 2014

illegal dishing of my mum's pot of rice
dah omo i'm a hire killer
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by freecharles(m): 1:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
tk4rd: Whenever my mom tastes food, I used to stick out my little right hand so that she puts small for me to taste too.. She would always ask me wat I tasted..

for me after my mum taste the soup, I will put out my two hands (my left and right hand) to put my own tasting. ..my mum will now say, "u will begin to develop breast like woman ooo" cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by floragregs(f): 1:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
Aromas: hop u go 2 church ooooooo
yes o, Shursh nor gree close tday o, I done yawn tire
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Suarezilla(m): 1:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
WhyNa:

Omo na for toilet I do that one o.

Anoda memory was once when my dad cooked omi obe with fish...this popular yoruba peppery stew. It was so damn delicious that later that day, I tip toed to the kitchen to go taste it again.

With the fear of being cut and the longer throat in me, na im I full spoon instead of the normal small tasting I suppose take, drink am with full speed.......... Omo see twinklw twinkle little star for my head. Na so the pepper enter my brain plus catarrh wey comot my nose....and pot still open with spoon for floor. Even as dem catch me dey ask wat is it, wat were u doin, na so so head I just dey shake
Omo u get luck sey u no enter market grin.

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
i fvcked our housemaid in the kitchen...

As a Kid
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Aromas: 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
floragregs: yes o, Shursh nor gree close tday o, I done yawn tire
I tink dey say d more u worship n pray in d house of d lord d more ur blessing is? Hop u'v gt somtin in2 ur belle?
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by chukkystar(m): 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
When I was lyk eight, our door bell broke so it was just two naked wires dat U join b4 it sounds, D thing Vibe visitors eh. My Elder Bro told me if I wear dunlop Slippers, Hold ma Breath and Touch the wire electric won't shock me. As I geared up and touched d thing eh.. CHINEKE!!! I lost 3kg

3 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Xsenga(f): 2:08pm On Jul 13, 2014
frankben: i fvcked our housemaid in the kitchen...

As a Kid
U 2 LIKE FCK OO.
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 13, 2014
Xsenga: U 2 LIKE FCK OO.
hahahaha... I was just kidding
Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by remsonik(f): 2:15pm On Jul 13, 2014
Kslib:
Lol. One of the reasons i feared Egusi soup those days. After its heated and settles, it always forms this thin layer of leather like film over the soup. And when you temper with the soup and that thin top layer cracks, my own don finish cos person must know say i hack the soup.

So whenever i'm at home and i know that my mum or cousin will be coming home late enough to allow me operate, all i just do is take the meat add small water to the soup and heat it again. It settles and forms another layer without leaving any hole.. grin cheesy

Stew is the easiest.. Just take the meat, add small water, then use the spoon to repair the hole back to normal.. shikena.. grin

Fish na small thing esp when there's Tail. All i just do is carefully cut it into two equal halves and eat my share.. Put back the other half and make sure the missing half part is lying on its now exposed belly.. grin . That gives the impression that the fish is still full OR that the missing half is still somewhere inside the food.. For where!!!! E dey my belle.. Hehe!! grin
Chai ur atrocities are too numerous.....expert in kitchen affairs!!

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by sod09(m): 2:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
Adorayble: Never went to the kitchen as a kid embarassed
are u cripple grin

5 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by adexsimply(m): 2:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
salvatore007: I as a kid never did any childish tin in d kitchen cause i was 2smart 4things like dat.. I was always in my room in lekki back den busy studyin one novel called Encyclopedia brutanica. D only childish tin i did was 2teach my mum how to save our gas from finishing quickly by reducing combustion nd increasing ventilation there by increasing d combustion as oxygen is in abundance. It worked like magic smiley dats d dumbest thing av eva don sha. Hapi Sunday wink
Afi brutanica naa grin

1 Like

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by dadoctore(m): 2:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
IAMBREEZY: smoke weed
Cmon man,as a kid

2 Likes

Re: Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid by dadoctore(m): 2:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
mujiboy: Just obsessed with plantain.. Always gonna taste it when getting fried in the kitchen.. Another thing, used to climb a stood just to wash plate on the sink, couldn't wait to get tall then.
Yh am sure many of us called it 'stood' then,lol but we all knw beta now dnt we?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should A Child Of This Age Be Sent On An Errand? / 5th Birthday Of A Nairalander's Cute Son / Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.