Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

I Want To Quit My Banking Job - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Quit My Banking Job (37653 Views)

Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? / Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? / Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by cescky(m): 8:50pm On Jul 14, 2014
from the opionion of most people, its easy to understand why there are only a few great people in this world!

opinions are the cheapest commodities in the world, everyone has one tongue

Fear is a killer and a bondage maker!!

op follow your inner campass!!!

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Aro007: 8:55pm On Jul 14, 2014
I am also in the same situation. I am seriously thinking of quitting my bank job but am really scared of the uncertainty. First of all am seriously distracted at work, I have the most annoying boss and the job have seize to be a source of motivation too me even considering the fact that this is my 4th year on the same position.
Although in my own case, I have an IT/power consulting firm. Currently, I have about 5 different banks as my client and it has not been easy for me a reason am very distracted at work. Every effort to hire people that could drive the company to a higher level proved abortive as they often fail to deliver on there responsibilities as soon as they know I am not fully around with the business. There was a time I had abt 4 graduate working for me, but this did not work for me as I spend precious time separating fight between them than actually making progress.
Please I need an advice as am not happy with my condition and I still find it very hard taking that decision
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Tugbaski: 8:57pm On Jul 14, 2014
cescky: from the opionion of most people, its easy to understand why there are only a few great people in this world!

opinions are the cheapest commodities in the world, everyone has one tongue

Fear is a killer and a bondage maker!!

op follow your inner campass!!!

God bless you richly for this comment. Nigerian environment as made people so fearful about everything.
Like you rightly said... Let him/her follow the inner compass. Remember "Fear does not prevent death. it prevents life"

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by revelationuche: 9:03pm On Jul 14, 2014
If there is anoda reliable source of income,then go a head [img]http://www.hostsleek.com/clients/?aff=052[/img]
[img]http://www.?aff=580[/img]
[img]http://clients.utiware.net/?aff=595[/img]
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by xtervaganza(m): 9:05pm On Jul 14, 2014
Look at hop's name and you'll reaoise he has no problem if he leaves his job

Mahmud sani? Northerner?

He'll get another the following well even if he's not qualified for it
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by clefstone(m): 9:17pm On Jul 14, 2014
justi4jesu: Are you quiting because of a new offer or you want to go home and count your ceiling..

You cannot value what you have until you loose it..

You better think twice bro.. undecided
ehen, how did that ogakpatakpata issue end? I lost track afta NL went down. As a matter of fact i suspect the loss of data was done by him cos the thingy happened soon after his picture was posted here
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by ruffplay: 9:26pm On Jul 14, 2014
Not bad
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by olutunde12(m): 9:28pm On Jul 14, 2014
smudge2079: Fool, submit ur resignation letter to ur manager tomorrow & see how being unemployed feels like

Many of us are not good advisers. Do you abuse a man who seeks advice from you?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by olutunde12(m): 9:31pm On Jul 14, 2014
[quote author=airsaylongcon]

how long have u been on d job? From experience the first 3 months on a new job (in my case cross-field career) can be hell. Everyday you go dey mumu urself and are really clueless. But winners dont quit and quitters dont win. Rock and roll with d punches and read read read! I studied computing but currently work in distribution. My first 3 months i thought i would die as i was really clueless. But trust me if u wanna make a career in ur current job, u have to weather the sto

Purified gold from the hotest fire? Like teaching? I tell you no gold at all from hot teaching o.
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
mahmudsani: Hello All,
Pls I want to quit my banking job bc I don't find intersting any more, pls advise me.

That's because

1. You have money hidden to last you for more than 6 months while you're job seeking.

2. You have another job that pays more.

3. You already have a job offer from another company.

4. You own a business or have a business idea that brings in lots of revenue.

If none of these reasons, then you better let it interest you wella.
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Sadiq3051(m): 9:37pm On Jul 14, 2014
hhhhmmmm no b small tin
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 14, 2014
kennygee:

Call centre

You must have a very fine voice and face.

When we were on training and mingled with some call centre ladies, we understood the difference between " Girl and Babe ".
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by koolguy88(m): 9:38pm On Jul 14, 2014
my brother, think twice oooooo o o o o o o it's hot out there. can you pay yourself 1 & 1/2 of your sal per month with this business u have..? if not do not quit
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by zegniyi(m): 9:40pm On Jul 14, 2014
well i can many reasons to quit and the road to time freedom and financial freedom.if you don't mind call:09091538853
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by dopedealer(m): 9:41pm On Jul 14, 2014
The first question is why do you want to quite??
The second question is do you have an alternative??
Then my advise is for you to sit and rethink of does days you were looking for job..
Now think about the current unemployed labour and
See how many people want your job!!
Please don't quite if you cannot answer this questions correctly..
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Tinyemeka(m): 9:45pm On Jul 14, 2014
I saw the OP's username, then I wasn't surprised. undecided
No offence.
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by sagio09: 9:51pm On Jul 14, 2014
mahmudsani: Hello All,
Pls I want to quit my banking job bc I don't find intersting any more, pls advise me.
My brother if u're a muslim its advisable to quit the job cox islam is against bank jobs(any) unless u'll work @ the islamic bank e.g ja'iz bank e.t.c.But in a state of condition lyk this country where jobs are hardly offered,its permissible to work in the bank bt @ d same tym u'll be searchn 4 a new job.As soon as u're offered a new job its a MUST 4 u 2 quit that job.(ISLAMICALLY).
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by biomedixexcel(m): 9:58pm On Jul 14, 2014
Oya quit!
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by majekobaje1: 9:58pm On Jul 14, 2014
Oga @ de top follow ur mind owk so dat u will not blame or give credit to anybody on ur future tomoro. But wait ooo I smell something 4rm ur village
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by dvdami(m): 9:59pm On Jul 14, 2014
It is useless for you to work so hard from early morning until late at night, anxiously working for food to eat; for God gives rest to his loved ones. Psalm 127:2
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by 573V31D(m): 10:13pm On Jul 14, 2014
picture or i dont believe...

D guy just wan know how una dey rate banking job...
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by vict505(m): 10:15pm On Jul 14, 2014
kennygee: Please recommend me to your bank o, i love banking, right now, i'm not into banking but i work for a bank.
see me pls
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by vict505(m): 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2014
kennygee: Please recommend me to your bank o, i love banking, right now, i'm not into banking but i work for a bank.
I will do that for you. See me in my office.
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by OXLANDOWN: 10:23pm On Jul 14, 2014
I left a bank after working there for 8yrs .Look there are opportunities out there.if you where smart enough to get the banking job,you will surely do well out there doing your own ''thing''.

We stay in the banking job receiving insults,threats, stress and yet making money for top management guys who collects millions(
legally and illegally) and use the best of cars.

You can go out and set up a business with your experience and reduce the number of unemployed in our society.It may be rough at the beginning but surely you will praise the lord after some years that you took a decision that changed your life.
Please always follow your dream and be bold.

Thank you

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by CodeineJunkiee(m): 10:24pm On Jul 14, 2014
rationalmind: Bro, trust me the banking job is more interesting than unemployment
Lmao... U re truly a rational mind

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by airsaylongcon: 10:29pm On Jul 14, 2014
[quote author=olutunde12][/quote]

hahahahaha....soyinka na silver?
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 14, 2014
Yungwizzzy: I don't believe your story dear
as in ehn angry
a banker wants to quit job...in naija!
this guy needs prayers because the spirit of unemployment is looking for him
smh
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Zenith21(m): 10:42pm On Jul 14, 2014
rationalmind: Bro, trust me the banking job is more interesting than unemployment
pls tell am oo, or abeg OP, refer me to your manager make I take ur job.... Mtcheew quit ko, resume ni. Hunger go wire u if u no take care

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by smudge2079(m): 10:49pm On Jul 14, 2014
olutunde12:

Many of us are not good advisers. Do you abuse a man who seeks advice from you?
D last time i checked, advice is what u seek frm people when u know what to do but wish u didnt. My $1
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Ninilowo(m): 11:45pm On Jul 14, 2014
Quit your job, buy a ticket, get a train, fall in love and never return. Aorevouir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated / Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State / One Legged Man Carrying Cement Bag (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.