Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

The One I Love - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The One I Love (78300 Views)

The One I Love / How To Say "I Love You" In Different Languages / "I Love Macmillian Books" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The One I Love by texanomaly(f): 6:30pm On Jul 20, 2014
I have been out of town at a funeral. I am so far behind. I'm excited to catch up today. smiley
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
UPDATE LoadING... I've been readn/busy
Re: The One I Love by Jhymrod(f): 8:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
Tdan.......I came late,u are doing a good job here.
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
Continuation.

TOBI didn't know when he met himself laughing. The way he addressed her was funny to both  of them. "Why are you lughing now?" He asked her, still trying to control his laughter likewise.

"Aren't you laughing as well?" She kept on laughing.

"Wait, jokes apart. Tell me or I'm going to tell the boss you failed the interview and don't worth the post." He threatened.

Now, both of them had stopped laughing but they still had smiles on their various faces. "I don't understand your question. Do I?"

"Yes you do.. you really do." Tobi said.

"I don't know that question, so, give me another question."

"Alright, I'll believe that. The second question is about you. What's your best food?" He enquired.

"Nawa oh!" Stella clapped her hands together, laughing.

"You better answer.." he chuckled.

"Fried rice." She replied.

"See mouth.. thief."

Later in the day.

It was just past four pm. Stella was smiling on her seat as she went through the files before her. The company had won seven contracts out of ten contracts in a year. She was told that day would be like an introduction day, she'd read everything about the company and her job.

She was doing that when Folake knocked at the door. "Come in." Stella said.

Folake walked in and faced Tobi. "Boss said we should all gather into the conference hall, except you- Stella." She said.

"Alright, thanks." He said.

Immediately Folake left, he faced Stella. "I'm the owner of this office, if you don't know. Did I ask you to help me tell her to come in?" He questioned her.

"You just like disturbing." She hissed jokingly and faced the files.

"Landlady of fried rice." He chuckled and stood up,  ready to leave for the conference hall.

"Anyhow." She hissed again.
→→→→→→

The meeting was for the introduction the new staff, Stella. Immediately Temitope got to know everyone had gathered into the hall, he went into Tobi's office to pick Stella up.

They both walked beside each other into the hall. Temitope introduced her to all the members of staff as the newly employed assistant contract manager. Tobi was just smiling where he was, praying she'd have a nice stay in the company by the time he would be through with her.

"Today was great!" Favour jumped happily.

"Mine was great but you can't believe it that Tobi is the manager that I'm being the assistant to." She chuckled and clapped her hands together.

"It's a lie! Favour calmed down and sat down. Are you really serious?" She questioned her.

"Jokes apart." She smiled.

"That's great! Tobi's wife.." she laughed.

"Rubbish girl.." She hissed and hit her.

▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
Jhymrod: Tdan.......I came late,u are doing a good job here.
THANKS JHYMROD... HAPPY TO AV U ON BOARD.
Re: The One I Love by Ziziola: 8:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
I can see everything turning around in Stella's favour........ I'm api for her. Wn are we expecting the next update oga T. Dan?
Re: The One I Love by Tipiflexy(m): 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: Continuation.

TOBI didn't know when he met himself laughing. The way he addressed her was funny to both  of them. "Why are you lughing now?" He asked her, still trying to control his laughter likewise.

"Aren't you laughing as well?" She kept on laughing.

"Wait, jokes apart. Tell me or I'm going to tell the boss you failed the interview and don't worth the post." He threatened.

Now, both of them had stopped laughing but they still had smiles on their various faces. "I don't understand your question. Do I?"

"Yes you do.. you really do." Tobi said.

"I don't know that question, so, give me another question."

"Alright, I'll believe that. The second question is about you. What's your best food?" He enquired.

"Nawa oh!" Stella clapped her hands together, laughing.

"You better answer.." he chuckled.

"Fried rice." She replied.

"See mouth.. thief."

Later in the day.

It was just past four pm. Stella was smiling on her seat as she went through the files before her. The company had won seven contracts out of ten contracts in a year. She was told that day would be like an introduction day, she'd read everything about the company and her job.

She was doing that when Folake knocked at the door. "Come in." Stella said.

Folake walked in and faced Tobi. "Boss said we should all gather into the conference hall, except you- Stella." She said.

"Alright, thanks." He said.

Immediately Folake left, he faced Stella. "I'm the owner of this office, if you don't know. Did I ask you to help me tell her to come in?" He questioned her.

"You just like disturbing." She hissed jokingly and faced the files.

"Landlady of fried rice." He chuckled and stood up,  ready to leave for the conference hall.

"Anyhow." She hissed again.
→→→→→→

The meeting was for the introduction the new staff, Stella. Immediately Temitope got to know everyone had gathered into the hall, he went into Tobi's office to pick Stella up.

They both walked beside each other into the hall. Temitope introduced her to all the members of staff as the newly employed assistant contract manager. Tobi was just smiling where he was, praying she'd have a nice stay in the company by the time he would be through with her.

"Today was great!" Favour jumped happily.

"Mine was great but you can't believe it that Tobi is the manager that I'm being the assistant to." She chuckled and clapped her hands together.

"It's a lie! Favour calmed down and sat down. Are you really serious?" She questioned her.

"Jokes apart." She smiled.

"That's great! Tobi's wife.." she laughed.

"Rubbish girl.." She hissed and hit her.

▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀
sti nt satisfied wit ur short update ooooo.Hope no b only me waka come for dis protest ooooo?cos it tag bring back d update.

1 Like

Re: The One I Love by heemah(f): 9:23pm On Jul 20, 2014
i dey ur back like hunch tipiflexy..Nice one T.dan...sud we expect anoda meal smiley
Re: The One I Love by ebysandra(f): 9:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
Temi you are doing good pls continue #following#
Re: The One I Love by SPSpecial(m): 10:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
It seem Stella is forgetting Tolani o.
Or let say her closeness to Tobi may help change matter.

Oga t dan. i dey gbadun u o. more quick updates pls.
Re: The One I Love by Queenxstar(f): 11:27pm On Jul 20, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: Sis... when u go start new tory na?
Remember Generation to Generations is unfinished.
Re: The One I Love by kingphilip(m): 12:24am On Jul 21, 2014
chai actor the shortness of the present updates is going to a worrisome dimension
BTW more strength I wish u
Re: The One I Love by Nancydearie(f): 6:32am On Jul 21, 2014
Good morning house,T-Dan,how are u? Hope ur nyt was ok? Plz try and update early oooooo!!!
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:30am On Jul 21, 2014
update loading.
Re: The One I Love by Uthman51(m): 9:07am On Jul 21, 2014
Waiting update...
Re: The One I Love by SPSpecial(m): 9:28am On Jul 21, 2014
update now T-Dan, waiting since last year. ki lo n sele.
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:40am On Jul 21, 2014
SPSpecial: update now T-Dan, waiting since last year. ki lo n sele.
sorry boss I've been working on my ebook.
Re: The One I Love by Nancydearie(f): 9:41am On Jul 21, 2014
Update still loading
Re: The One I Love by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 21, 2014
Nancydearie: Update still loading
make e load fast jare
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 10:08am On Jul 21, 2014

Stella retired to bed earlier than she did that day. As she laid down, she sighted Tolani's picture which she put on the small stool beside her bed. She picked it up and stared at it for a moment. Her mood turned apart as she continued staring at the picture. "Hope you're fine wherever you are?" She said softly and couldn't hold back her tears as she remembered she was the one that took the photograph for him the day they went to an eatery.

It was a sunny afernoon when Tolani came to meet her in her hostel and told her he'd like to take her out for lunch lik his friends were doing that day. On getting to the front of the eatery, he brought out his camera and gave her to snap him and both of them would snap together as a proof to his friends that he came with her to he eatery.

She remembered another event when she forgot her assignment in the room and couldn't leave the class because it had been shut. It was Tolano that managed to give her his own. He canceled his name and wrote hers it.

Though they were almost gotten but he saved her from that problem again. If that wasn't done, she'd have been the one who would face the lecturer to be awarded her punishments.

Lots of what he had done for her, she only wanted the best for him amd didn't want to be an excuse to his success. If not, they'd still be together. "Is he still in Manchester?" She wondered.

"I hope you've not forgotten me because of you I'm not giving my heart to anyone, not even Tobi." She spoke quietly.

She was speaking, and staring at the picture until she slept off.

Tolani's friends had already spent two days already in Nigeria. Tolani had been parading the hotel since their arrival, though a day wouldn't pass without remembering Stella. He'd also ask himself series of questions like; Had she forgotten him or he wasting her time on someone who had no time for her?

All would be well.

THE NEXT DAY.

Feyi picked up her mobile phone and called Tolani. She spoke to him about establishing herself and told him she'd need to award the contract to a construction company. She needed to build up her own company and leave her father's hotel.

She told him she'd draw out the plan of how she wanted the company to be, what would be left was to get a company to award the contract of the construction.

"That's not a problem, I'll see you by evening when I come to check on my friends in your hotel." He got her informed.

"Alright, thanks." She appreciated him amd ended the call.

Tolani picked up his phone and dialed the Manager's mobile phone number and requested for his presence.

After some minutes, Deji, the manager knocked at his door and was allowed in.

Tolani was happy he came as fast as he could and started the discussion with him. He asked him the companies he knew that could handle construction properly.

"David and co." He said without thinking.

"How sure are you?" He asked him.

"I'm very sure. My best friend; Tobi is the contract manager and they've won almost all the contracts bidded for and they are good. I must say." He replied.

He was one of Tobi's friend that did drink with him. "That's nice." Tolani smiled amd thanked him. He told him he'd get back to him if he needed any assistance.

He turned on his laptop and searched for the company on net and was convinced they coud handle constructions well. He gave Feyi a call and told her about the company. He told her not to put all her eggs in a basket. She should also call on other companies to know their worth but he'd like David and co to receive the contract.

Feyi was happy and thanked him. They planned on meeting at her hotel by the evening to talk better.

1 Like

Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 10:09am On Jul 21, 2014
I really rushed to type that update in case of miatakes plz tell m so that I can edit.
Re: The One I Love by Nancydearie(f): 10:24am On Jul 21, 2014
#Following#
Re: The One I Love by Tytylorpe(f): 10:52am On Jul 21, 2014
Hmm...,wish she meet Tolani here.
Keep it up
Re: The One I Love by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 21, 2014
Queenxstar: Remember Generation to Generations is unfinished.
★patiently waitin 4 d continuation
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 10:58am On Jul 21, 2014
update coming soon.
Re: The One I Love by Aipete2(f): 11:05am On Jul 21, 2014
Tytylorpe: Hmm...,wish she meet Tolani here.
Keep it up
Amen
Re: The One I Love by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 21, 2014
hmmm i thought dey would meet at d hotel but TDan com twist d whle tin wel i hope dey meet through dis contract.TDan more grease
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 11:40am On Jul 21, 2014

♥DIAMOND HOTEL.

TOLANI walked into the hotel slowly. He smiled on seeing the receptionist and shook him. He was such a friendly guy. "How una dey na?" He asked him.

"I'm good oh." He smiled and bowed.

"As usual, want to see my friends and Feyi." He told him.

"No problem sir." The guy smiled.

"Thanks." He dipped his hand into his pocket and gave him a sum of money. He left his presence then headed to Feyi's office.

He knocked softly before he was asked to come in by Feyi. Waiting for him, kept her that late in the office. "Tola, how are you?"

"I'm good. He smiled and slmoved closer to shake her.

"Have your seat." She shook him and smiled.

Tolani sat down wearing a cheerful face. "How have you been?" He tried to be fluent with her.

"We thank God and you?" She enquired.

"Same here. After I called you, I also searched for some companies I know that are great. But according to my research, David and co is still the best. I saw pictures of buildings constructed by them and other contracts they've won. Both state contracts and that of Federal." He explained.

"So to cut the long story short, they should be awarded the contract?" She smiled.

"Yes. I think they're capable of doing a good and neat job." He smiled.

"Alright. I'm so grateful. But I need your help." She stopped.

"My help? How?" Tolani was serious.

"Can you please create time for me tomorrow? Lets go together to the company together."

"Tomorrow...." Tolani pressed his lips together, thinking If he had anything so important to do. "Alright." He replied, smiling.

"Thanks so much." Feyi was grateful.

Same night. STELLA AND FAVE'S HOUSE.

"Do you think Tolani will still be in Manchester?" Stella asked Fave as she lowered the volume of the television set.

"I don't think so... he should now be in Nigeria." She replied, picking pop corn from the plate before her.

"Why did you say so?" She asked, wanting to be sure.

"At least his course should be over by now.. Have you gotten in touch with him?" She asked.

"No, I've been wondering about him." She replied.

"Do you still feel for that guy?" Favour asked.

"Sure. I don't know why, I do feel as if we've not broken up, that I just left him the to study, he'd still be back."

Favour laughed. Just then, Stella's phone rang.

She picked it up. It was Tobiloba. "Can I help you?" She said first.

"I called to greet you and tell you I didn't drink today." Tobi said softly, like a gentle guy.

"You didn't drink? I don't trust you." Stella smiled.

"I'm serious. The mouth organ you brought has changed a lot in me. I was heading out to drink when I saw the mouth organ amd couldn't go again. It was as if it had a magnet in it that drew me back."

"If this is true, I'm happy for you then. I should tell your Grandma tomorrow." She was smiling.

"Don't tell her yet. I feel I owe you something. I'll give you a gift tomorrow." He said on the other end.

"A gift?" Stella chuckled. Tobi had never been so nice that way. Hope he wasn't driving at something, she thought.

"I'm serious. Be expecting it." He said to her and ended up the call.

NEXT MORNING, 9 am.

"Good morning dear." Tobi greeted Stella.

'Dear?' Stella muttered. "Good morning Tobi." She replied smiling.

"Why can't you reply me as your dear." He accused.

"Because you are not my dear." She replied smiling.

"I am not?" He exhaled deeply. "Yes, or are you?" Stella questioned.
"I don't know what came over me. I don't know what happened throughout yesterday but it has never happened to me before. I couldn't stop thinking about you, that was why I called. I may have been acting wickedly or annoyingly but all was to know your character. And, I believe God sent you to me for a reason. Stella... I love..." he couldn't complete his statement because there was a knock at the door.

Stella was just staring at him, asking herself if she wasn't dreaming. Was it a reality or another test from Tobi?

"Who's there?" Tobi quickly asked.

"From the director's office, we came to see the contract managers." Tobi was replied by a female voice.

Tobi comported himself back. He was already going emotional. "Come in." He said, smiling.

Feyi and Tolani walked in.

Stella turnes her head to the left to see the people coming in and her glance collided with that of Tolani. She stood at once.

★CONTINUES...★

1 Like

Re: The One I Love by Uthman51(m): 11:45am On Jul 21, 2014
HALLELUYAH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
T.DAN WHEN U GO POST I FOUND HER EPISODE 7?
Re: The One I Love by Abbey2580: 11:51am On Jul 21, 2014
Tee! u re d best! I mean u 're jez d best boss. I've been following This secretly buh I av to comment naw coz u re jex gd! noce story line.

and; PEACE AMD ApriL is a big hit! as in I'm speechless, u re jex a bundle of talents. I go soon drop my comment on it

WELDONT SIR. GHOST MODE DEACTIVATED.
Re: The One I Love by Abbey2580: 11:55am On Jul 21, 2014
Mk we no dey read dz story alone na.. endorse dz thread fpr front page via:

www.nairaland.com/1210134/endorse-topics-make-frontpage

And mk sure u vote fr T.dan as s best updater on princesa's thread. I'll drop d link later.

weldone T.Dan
Re: The One I Love by maryhaam(f): 11:56am On Jul 21, 2014
Lovely,me likey

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply)

Left Behind Series (1-13) By Tim Lahaye (dload Them Now) / INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon / My Book Of Rants!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.