Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools (25999 Views)

Metuh Issues First Statement Since His Release From Prison / Oba Of Lagos Issues Apologetic Letter To Ndigbo Of Lagos / OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 15, 2014
Waiting to hear from OPC!
Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by p2t2r(m): 8:04am On Jul 15, 2014
Nigeria bad e no mean say I go run go Mali. I love Nigeria to bits, this is the only country I can call my own.
Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 15, 2014
C0llynzO2: I thought they said it wasn't a blast?
Even when Shekau took time off from his busy schedule to claim responsiblility, some still denied it.
Fashola is only doing this because of that video released 2 days ago. A responsible government will not hide such security breaches from the people who need to be more vigilant and pro-active.
A responsible government will not cause a panic situation.

1 Like

Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by Revolva(m): 8:06am On Jul 15, 2014
Shekua own don dey too much both the one he do and d one he no do now na he dey claim - look apapa bombing has nothing to do with boko haram ok its just an xplosion in a fuel depot which happens normally ok stewpid nigerians n their toughts
Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by C0llynzO2: 8:07am On Jul 15, 2014
CoolHunk:
A responsible government will not cause a panic situation.
Yeah they will rather create a delusional situation where people go on as if all is normal even when it definitely isn't.

1 Like

Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by gratiaeo(m): 8:09am On Jul 15, 2014
OPC warns Boko Haram
Barely one week after 42 suspects were arrested in Lagos and Ogun states, the Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC), a pan-Yoruba ethnic militia, has warned Boko Haram to steer clear of the South-West or be ready for confrontation.

It declared its readiness to combat the dreaded Islamist group should its members attack the South-West. It promised to frustrate the activities of Boko Haram in any part of the South-West, if the group moved to the region.

Coordinator of the OPC in Osun State, Dr. Rafiu Akinwale, who spoke in an exclusive interview with Daily Sun in Osogbo, said the people of the South-West should not fear that Boko Haram might move to the region.

He  said the OPC was prepared for members of the Boko Haram and had already set machinery in motion to ensure that it combats the insurgent group.

Akinwale disclosed that some youths in the six states of the South-West region had been trained by the OPC on how to tackle Boko Haram members and curtail them in the region.

He said: “We consider their threats as empty. We are prepared for the Boko Haram and we are ready to fight them to a standstill if they should enter the South-West region. We have made efforts to ensure that they are reduced to nothing.

“We are not begging them not to come to the South-West, in fact, we are urging them to come if they want to do so. They will regret their coming to this region, as we are ready to use all that we have to fight them in the South-West.”

The OPC boss added that the OPC would collaborated with all vigilance groups in the six states of the South-West to combat Boko Haram, should the group come to the South-West region, stressing that the traditional rulers in the states were giving necessary support to the association.

He called on members of the public to give necessary information on strange movements of people in their areas to the police, saying that the police had shown the readiness to support the OPC in the fight against Boko Haram.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=34589
OPC must act now or never.

2 Likes

Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by luvinhubby(m): 8:09am On Jul 15, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
If you are fair to yourself you will agree that if GEJ had taken steps like BRF, the rate of casualties would have been reduced. Mind you, BRF doesn't have the same power as GEJ else he would have made a statement like GEJ that he knew those behind the bombing, and heads won't roll.
When some people kicked against Fashola and his deputy`s absence from the expanded national security council meeting to forge an all-inclusive national strategy against terror after the Nyanya blast, people like you applauded him for not attending because "he was doing what he was elected to do", now he is reacting to a terror attack in Lagos after 3 weeks of denial.
My brother, no state or even nation of this world is immuned from this rage of mad islamic extremist and it calls for everybody`s involvement in this fight against terror, no matter tribe, religion or party affiliation. Now you will agree with me that Fashola was wrong in his absence from that meeting.

1 Like

Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by Adebammm(m): 8:10am On Jul 15, 2014
Mine, is dat trying to hide dat might be bad,but they re trying to avoid people leaving around lagos panicing,seriously we must stop all dis party beef & do or die affair dat we keep on debating on,let all come 2getda 4 a better naija.

1 Like

Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by aquabeing: 8:13am On Jul 15, 2014
hydeka: But the state govt. denied it initially. Admitting it now is just an afterthought to prevent the knocks that will come on them if an obvious one should occur in future(hope not) Let's quit this APC against PDP mentality. Whichever party, they are all there to do what is will benefit the citizens and all should get knocks and kudos when appropriate.

Either they denied it or not is not the issue at hand , the issue at hand is the ability of the individual at helm of affairs of a geological position at a particular time being able to take proactive measures to forestall sanity and protect the lives and properties of the people which he or she took an oath to protect. Only wish this has been done by the FG earlier and probably there wont have been record of huge numbers of death due to bomb blast and denial of innocent kidnapping of young girls by some quarters.
Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by Nicepoker(m): 8:14am On Jul 15, 2014
disloman: This is a govt who knws the right thing to do n taking precaution steps to avoid a disaster.Nt like a goat l knw.God bless u Fash.
see how 5tupid u are
Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by grandstar(m): 8:22am On Jul 15, 2014
[quote author=elgaitan]I believe d attack wasn't perpetrated by boko haram...all dey jst want is something to instill fear in d residents of lagos to me it's an ego boost or sort...many questions..y attack a fuel depot... THIS IS NOT THEIR SIGNATURE
Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:23am On Jul 15, 2014
luvinhubby:
When some people kicked against Fashola and his deputy`s absence from the expanded national security council meeting to forge an all-inclusive national strategy against terror after the Nyanya blast, people like you applauded him for not attending because "he was doing what he was elected to do", now he is reacting to a terror attack in Lagos after 3 weeks of denial.
My brother, no state or even nation of this world is immuned from this rage of mad islamic extremist and it calls for everybody`s involvement in this fight against terror, no matter tribe, religion or party affiliation. Now you will agree with me that Fashola was wrong in his absence from that meeting.
Why should Fashola be in a meeting conveyed Jonathan when the PDP accuse APC of being behind the bombings in the country?
Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by Tintinix: 8:26am On Jul 15, 2014
Akshow: While pdp politicians and e rats are hell bent on denying the obvious, claiming the Apapa bomblast was not a boko handiwork, sensible leaders are taking steps to protect their citizens.

In other news, Maiduguri airport was re-opened by the FG cos of Ali Modu Sherrif..... No doubt it was because he decamped to pdp. Not even Gaddaffi was this desperate and hungry for power. How lower can Gej go?

It was the FG and PDP that announced that it was only a tanker explosion abi?

You guys your modus operandi is very stale... Adopt something more innovative.

1 Like

Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by severee(m): 8:33am On Jul 15, 2014
lilbazy: The country's capital which is loaded with armed security officials are still finding it difficult to repel this issue of terrorism and you are there sitting in ur office talking primary school children into repelling this attacks in lagos!!! Smh

And your point is?
Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by Akshow: 8:43am On Jul 15, 2014
Tintinix:

It was the FG and PDP that announced that it was only a tanker explosion abi?

You guys your modus operandi is very stale... Adopt something more innovative.
is ur first statement a question or a statement?
Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by ezinwaoga1814: 8:45am On Jul 15, 2014
It surprises me to read the amount of insolence rained on the presidency. Some people tend to forget the simple fact that, since Nigeria has
chosen democratic system of government, anybody could be there at any time. You that is busy always cursing the presidency, you never
know who will be there tomorrow. No sensible human being ever pull down a roof on top of his house. That amount to self destruction. By raining
insults to the presidency, you are not only destroying the fabrics of the nation, you are at the same destroying yourself. The very person currently
on seat, one day will leave it for another. Let us therefore, form the habit of respecting our presidency, as this would amount to self respect.
America today is No.1 nation in the world, because its citizens respect the presidency and whoever is there. You dare not hear them insult their
presidency whether wrong or right.
Nigeria is the only nation God by His infinite mercy has given to us. Why would we want to destroy it by ourselves. A house against itself cannot
stand. Let us therefore unite and fight our common enemy rather than engaging in self destruction, thus bringing reproach to our nation and leaving nothing good to the future generation.
point. The nation suffered three generations of military that caused nothing but frustration and hardship. Let us now unite and sort ourselves out at various levels and individual. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by lilbazy(m): 8:48am On Jul 15, 2014
Akshow: smh. See ur life. Ur inbuilt hatred for lagos and anything Fashola has rendered u so senseless that u will do anything to belittle the effort of lagos st govt even if it means showing the world u are a silly and senseless swine.
how much apc dae pay you per comment? E_diot
Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by idupaul: 9:09am On Jul 15, 2014
Akshow: While pdp politicians and e rats are hell bent on denying the obvious, claiming the Apapa bomblast was not a boko handiwork, sensible leaders are taking steps to protect their citizens.

In other news, Maiduguri airport was re-opened by the FG cos of Ali Modu Sherrif..... No doubt it was because he decamped to pdp. Not even Gaddaffi was this desperate and hungry for power. How lower can Gej go?

You are very senseless.. What do you know about Ghaddafi
Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by Tintinix: 9:13am On Jul 15, 2014
Akshow: is ur first statement a question or a statement?

abi means what?
? means what?

Please contribute to the thread.
Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by Hade4larin: 9:27am On Jul 15, 2014
nnalove: APC state and APC terrorist gangs blowing up APC structures in APC land I wonder ooooo. is turning around who said it does not.
How many people will you accuse of sponsoring BH? You accuse Tinubu, Buhari, Shettima, Atiku, Ali Ndume.... Una no dey tire? Take it or leave it, Pdp is the sponsor of BH.. Will you set your own house ablaze just becos u want to fight somebody? IF Yes/ No, pls change your orientation!!!!!!!!
Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by Akshow: 9:49am On Jul 15, 2014
Tintinix:

abi means what?
? means what?

Please contribute to the thread.
Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by Akshow: 9:50am On Jul 15, 2014
idupaul:

You are very senseless.. What do you know about Ghaddafi
And u are a Moooorooooon.
Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by Akshow: 9:50am On Jul 15, 2014
lilbazy: how much apc dae pay you per comment? E_diot
PDP e rats on d loose.
Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by Bigsteveg(m): 9:51am On Jul 15, 2014
hydeka: But the state govt. denied it initially. Admitting it now is just an afterthought to prevent the knocks that will come on them if an obvious one should occur in future(hope not) Let's quit this APC against PDP mentality. Whichever party, they are all there to do what is will benefit the citizens and all should get knocks and kudos when appropriate. Good move though

I also dont want to get in2 PDP vs APC fight but it was the POLICE who said its not a bomb, and d state govt can say otherwise.

Moreso, they are also trying to avoid a panic, if people get to know it was bomb the, there'll be commotion.
Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by tonychristopher: 9:54am On Jul 15, 2014
IT HAPPENED IN ILE IFE, THEY SAID IT AINT BOMB, BUT DYNAMITE, NOW IT HAPPENED IN LAGOS THEY SAME PEOPLE SAID IT AINT BOMB THAT IT WAS A COOKING GAS....NOW THE OGA OF BOKO HARAM HAS TAKEN RESPONSIBILITY. SO HOW MANY PEEPS DIED...

TO BE HONEST, WHAT THE ABIANS AND ENUGU AND IMO STATE DID IS WHAT I WILL CALL SECURITY PROACTIVENESS AND IN LINE WITH MODERN TERRORISM WARFARE. THE YORUBAS SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT PLAYING OSTRICH AINT THE NAME OF THE GAME. THERE SHOULD BE PRO ACTIVENESS. BUT THERE IS A SNAG

MAJORITY OF YORUBAS ARE MUSLIM UNLIKE SOUTH EAST AND SOUTH SOUTH THAT HAVE NO MUSLIM INDIGENES EXECPT MUSLIM CONTRACTOR...THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEM LIES.

I WILL SUGGEST THAT ALL MOSQUES IN WEST OF NIGERIA SHOULD BE ON WATCH LIST, KNOW THE KIND OF PEOPLE THEY HAVE WORSHIPING THERE, THE KIND OF MESSAGE THEY HAVE BEEN PREACHING AND KNOW THE LEVEL OF RADICALISM THERE. I KNOW THAT WE HAVE TERRORISM OF YORUBA ORIGIN AND THOSE SYMPATHETIC TO BOKO HARAM, LIKE THE GUY THAT KILLED A BRITISH OFFICER. HE IS A YORUBA MUSLIM AND THIS WE SHOULD UNDERSTAND. THERE MUST BE SKILLED APPROACH.

THIS IS NOT ALL ABOUT TRIBALISM BUT ABOUT THE SAFETY OF LIVES AND IMAGE OF THE COUNTRY. IF THEY STRIKRE IN LAGOS(GOD FORBID) OR ENUGU AND PORT HARCOURT THEN THAT WILL BE A PROBLEM. THEY HAVE STRUCK IN LAGOS AND CLAIMED RESPONSIBILITY SO LETS NOT JUST WATCH.

WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO IDENTIFY FORIEGN FACES IN OUR NEIGHBOURHOOD. THIS IS NO TIME FOR COWARDICE OR OWAMBE PARTYING

ALL HANDS MUST BE ON DECK

GOD BLESS UIS ALL
Re: Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools by Bigsteveg(m): 9:55am On Jul 15, 2014
C0llynzO2: I thought they said it wasn't a blast?
Even when Shekau took time off from his busy schedule to claim responsiblility, some still denied it.
Fashola is only doing this because of that video released 2 days ago. A responsible government will not hide such security breaches from the people who need to be more vigilant and pro-active.

I bet u dont know how to run a govt, even if d govt and d police knew it was a bomb, the best thing @ dat time was to avoid a panic, letting the people know will create fear which could result in casualities.

I think they did the best then, now dat boko harÀm don claim responsibility, dey'll now find solution.

And may i also state that it wasn't d state govt dat covered it up, both police, army and federal govt knew about it.

For me....they all made the right choice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Visits Pauline Tallen Over The Death Of Her Husband (Pics) / Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe / 2nd Niger Bridge: Oshiomhole Must Apologise To Nigerians, Say CSOs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.