Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry (56371 Views)

Rev. Wright Helped Obama Accept 'Christianity' Without Having To Renounce Islam / Ghanaians Comment On Their Country's Plan On Letting Nigeria Mint Their Currency / Malian 'hero' Of Paris Attacks Gets French Nationality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Ashantiking: 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
Cubeet: Ritualist Ashanti aren't you ashamed of your country?

You Igbo and you have been known to eat your people. Use them for blood money and you are very greedy. Please Igbo man go chop your mama n papa for egusi soup.

1 Like

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
omoghana22: ANOTHER FOOOOL........WE DONT WANT ANY GHANAIAN HEAD LINES HERE........PLS CRY YOUR OWN CRY...........CHIKENA

STUP.I.D ghanian goat, get outta nairaland and nollywood!! hungry hyenas

2 Likes

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by lucianohase(m): 6:08pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ashantiking:

Is the dirty hole u came from. Kwasia
Ghana man,no vex! Dont u think its wise and proper for u to register with cediland forum and keep accessing it instead of nairaland? It will save u the stress of replying every word u consider abusive to u n ur country, that comes from a nigerian.Besides,chatting with clueless people who v a clueless president on a forum that u may see as "clueless nairaland",since most pple here are clueless nigerians, makes u what? Dont u think is better to register with cediland forum if there is any and forget about these "clueless" nigerians n their "clueless nairaland forum" instead of exchanging vituperation with them? To me i think its wise....

8 Likes

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Ashantiking: 6:08pm On Jul 15, 2014
lezz: you don't need to tell us how "clueless" our president is. We know, we were the first to say it but you don't seem to know your own president is beyond clueless; he's without a sense of pride or integrity. He's the begger in chief of the ghanian state and ghana is a begger in the committe of nations.

And you lots are scavengers.
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by PetroDolla3: 6:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
donnypool:

under GEJ what happened to our GDP? and yall was even commending our president when he refused to sign the trade agreement trash with the EU that you and your useless president couldn't refuse cause of fear of not getting any EU citizenship and now you calling him clueless?

you this mad ashantiking GO AND DIE
Undernourished, undereducated, unemployable eediot! read what you shitnigerian MUMU wrote about the two presidents!

Ghana: Mahama, a truly African President
grin
http://www.afrika.no/Detailed/24435.html grin

This Day (Nigeria), by Farooq Kperogi* / Monday, 04 November 2013

On September 30 this year, Ghana's President John Dramani Mahama was a guest at Kennesaw State University in suburban Atlanta where I teach. He came here to deliver a public lecture to crown the "Year of Ghana" country program, a year-long exploration of the history, culture, and peoples of Ghana through lectures, exhibitions, visits, etc. at KSU.

When I got an invitation to attend the public lecture (which also featured a Question and Answer session), I was reluctant to go. I'd frankly grown tired of listening to witless buffoons from Africa coming to make a fool of themselves and their countries before Western audiences in the name of delivering public lectures. I didn't know what to expect of the Ghanaian president because I had no familiarity with his pedigree, so I chose to err on the side of cynicism.

But a friend dragged me to the event at the last minute. I'm glad I attended it. President Mahama turned out to be one of the most inspiring and knowledgeable presidents one can ever wish to meet. He was a superb orator who was also thoughtful, incisive, insightful and supremely self-assured.

His speech was about the "role of democratic governance in sustainable economic development in Ghana," but he veered off on high-minded intellectual excursions, on the discourses of Afro-pessimism; on the perniciousness of alterity; on the role of dominant historical narratives in the construction and reconstruction of the consciousness and image of a people, etc. The speech was certainly conscious of its audience because it read like a paper at an academic conference. Its profundity and high-flown, intellectually fashionable phraseology impressed students and professors alike.

Well, you might say he didn't deserve much credit for the speech because it was written for him by his speech writers, but one couldn't help but admire the smoothness, naturalness, and rhetorical dexterity of his delivery. He was earnest, eloquent, and confident. But his true brilliance came out even more boldly during the question and answer session. He answered questions from professors and students with ease, grace, panache, depth, conviction, and creative humour.

Everyone in the hall was bowled over by his brilliance, humility, and intellectual agility. This was evident from the rapturous applauses and good-hearted guffaws that greeted his responses to questions. I came away from the lecture proud of and overawed by the alertness and fecundity of the Ghanaian president's mind. All of us Africans in the lecture hall raised our heads high.

While basking in the euphoric afterglow of the Ghanaian president's brilliant performance, I couldn't help recalling Nigeria's then Acting President Goodluck Jonathan's first official visit to America, which I wrote about in an April 17, 2010 article titled: "Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, that was Embarrassing."

Among other things, I observed that in his speech and during the question and answer session at the Council on Foreign Relations, President Jonathan "couldn't articulate a coherent thought, hardly made a complete sentence, went off on inconsequential and puerile tangents, murdered basic grammar with reckless abandon, repeated trifles ad nauseam, was embarrassingly stilted, and generally looked and talked like a timid high school student struggling to remember his memorised lines in a school debate." I concluded that Jonathan "came across as unfathomably clueless."

I certainly would never have attended the public lecture at my school-or anywhere else for that matter- if President Jonathan was the guest. I would never be able to survive the embarrassment of listening to a barely literate president who can't even read a speech much less answer unscripted questions from students and professors.

President Mahama of Ghana has only a bachelor's degree while Nigeria's president claims to have a Ph.D. Nigerians like to describe ignorant people with grandiose paper qualifications as "educated illiterates." I've heard that phrase used several times to describe President Jonathan. Well, I think it is more appropriate to call him a highly credentialed ignoramus-if he indeed has a Ph.D.-than to call him an "educated illiterate; it is unfair to mention "educated" in the same sentence with "President Goodluck Jonathan." I know this sounds harsh, but it's true.

I'm aware that the usual line of counter-attack from defenders of mediocrity in Nigeria would be that I am hung up on appearance at the expense of substance. Beautiful, confident verbal delivery is not a good measure of leaders' effectiveness. That is certainly true, except that President Jonathan, apart from being an inconceivably uninspiring and colorless president, is also notoriously ineffective.

I would have been one of the staunchest defenders of his seeming illiteracy and depthlessness if he had a clue what governance entails. Alas, he does not; he has not the vaguest idea what it means to truly govern-much, to be fair to him, like many of his predecessors. So we have the tragedy of being burdened with a leader who neither inspires confidence nor knows what it means to lead.

For inexplicable reasons, while Nigeria's elites have a habit of choosing the worst in their ranks to lead the country, Ghanaian elites are infinitely more discriminatory in their choice of leaders. I know of no Ghanaian leader in recent memory who isn't intelligent, inspiring, confident, and well-spoken. That's why Ghana has always been a far more progressive society than Nigeria.

However much we might wish it weren't true; the reality is that there is a link between inspirational leadership and national growth. When will modern Nigeria produce an inspirational president, a president we all can be proud of anywhere?

*Kperogi is an assistant professor of Journalism and Citizen Media, Kennesaw State University, Atlanta Georgia, United States.
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 15, 2014
Okay okay. Ghana pose a threat. . . To "mushin local Government area" though. 27million psychos. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Ashantiking: 6:10pm On Jul 15, 2014
donnypool:

we sent yall packing twice, and we are still going to do repeat it again, but my childhood friend is from gaynan but fu.c.k that he is brainless like you.

fellow nigerians leave this Ashantiking for me i'll destroy him with stat.

yall should chill and enjoy

Bring it on Eba eater. Your country is deemed a hellhole, no electricity, lack of healthcare. Nigeria is hell on earth. Ashawo and criminals is all you export.

1 Like

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Ashantiking: 6:12pm On Jul 15, 2014
lezz: .even a dog would starve in ghana. What would a nigerian come to prostitute for in ghana? Is it the foreign aid dependent economy? Or the kpoff kpoff business from kumassi to accra or olomo industry? Ghana isn't in the maps for bad or for good. You're just irrelevant .

There are three million Eba eaters scavenging in Ghana. 2.9 are ashawos and criminals. Tell them that.
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by omoghana22: 6:13pm On Jul 15, 2014
AM SORRY BUT VEANNA CITY IS FULL OF NAIJA BABES. NOW NIGERIA LADIES ARE RULING THE PROSTITUTE INDUSTRY IN GHANA. GO TO CHISCO EARLY MORNING, THEY ARE STILL COMING ALL DAYS.......KAI NAIJA DE CARRY FIRST IN ANYTHING.

lezz: .even a dog would starve in ghana. What would a nigerian come to prostitute for in ghana? Is it the foreign aid dependent economy? Or the kpoff kpoff business from kumassi to accra or olomo industry? Ghana isn't in the maps for bad or for good. You're just irrelevant .

2 Likes

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Ashantiking: 6:13pm On Jul 15, 2014
lucianohase: Ghana man,no vex! Dont u think its wise and proper for u to register with cediland forum and keep accessing it instead of nairaland? It will save u the stress of replying every word u consider abusive to u n ur country, that comes from a nigerian.Besides,chatting with clueless people who v a clueless president on a forum that u may see as "clueless nairaland",since most pple here are clueless nigerians, makes u what? Dont u think is better to register with cediland forum if there is any and forget about these "clueless" nigerians n their "clueless nairaland forum" instead of exchanging vituperation with them? To me i think its wise....

I only come here to defend the great nation called Ghana from ashawos and criminals such as yourself.
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 15, 2014
Adidas award for Golden comment of the thread..#thumbs up#
kobonaire: Cool, you must be Ghanian .... I have learnt over the years that it is not cool for a Nigerian to make fun of a Ghanian. It's analogous to an athlete poking fun at a disabled individual from Takoradi .... Or an Apple Engineer making fun of a jobless Accra graduate .... Or a L'oreal model making fun of her fat and ugly friend from Ghana..... You get the flow wink

3 Likes

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Ashantiking: 6:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
lucianohase: Ghana man,no vex! Dont u think its wise and proper for u to register with cediland forum and keep accessing it instead of nairaland? It will save u the stress of replying every word u consider abusive to u n ur country, that comes from a nigerian.Besides,chatting with clueless people who v a clueless president on a forum that u may see as "clueless nairaland",since most pple here are clueless nigerians, makes u what? Dont u think is better to register with cediland forum if there is any and forget about these "clueless" nigerians n their "clueless nairaland forum" instead of exchanging vituperation with them? To me i think its wise....

Nairaland that couldn't even pay its bills. The forking site was shut down for almost a month. Stupid Nigerians we are talking about Facebook and Twitter and you are here talking about nairaland. Stfu

3 Likes

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by lezz(m): 6:16pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ashantiking:

Shoot yourself for the blasphemy.
you mean you're too ignorsnt not to know its the gospel truth? Or too bull headed to accept it. Ghana has no legacy in west africa not to mention africa. You're just our tiny noisy neighbours. Sore losers.

1 Like

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by PetroDolla3: 6:16pm On Jul 15, 2014
mencade5: even ur fathers knew what a shiiit country gayna is...even benin republic is florishing while shiiit heads gayna is a failed country...prostitu.tes infested country...witch hunters, enemies of progress, racist to their fellow africans, you dont contribute anytin to that shiiit hole calle dgayna, what will you gays do positively abroad, chasing white ladies' pucccci and ompregnating them, Indecency.graphing champions, shiiit brains gayna, only knows how to suck another country dry, they only have brains on how to fvck thats all...no future ambition...gayna, washing the white man's toilet since 1900 - Nkrumah
grin grin grin shitnigeria is a failed state https://www.nairaland.com/315838/naija-failed-state suffering and smiling country hahahahaha can you imagine a shutnigerian modafaka selling his baby to get a visa to flee the shitthole grin

hahahahaha shitnigerians eating from the dustbin grin http://ugowrite..com/2011/04/nigeria-meal-from-dustbin-in-lagos.html grin grin grin grin grin

shitnigeria is CURSED! grin grin grin

omo naija generator republic

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1545564_Ikeja-20140129-00848_jpg6b77a8a89e3269d5b57bda7ff99901ca[/img] grin

2 Likes

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Ashantiking: 6:17pm On Jul 15, 2014
donnypool:

under GEJ what happened to our GDP? and yall was even commending our president when he refused to sign the trade agreement trash with the EU that you and your useless president couldn't refuse cause of fear of not getting any EU citizenship and now you calling him clueless?

you this mad ashantiking GO AND DIE

Yet the average nigerian is as poor as ever and dumb. No security, no energy, no education, no health care. You still can't refine your oil. Nigerians are very stupid indeed.

1 Like

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 15, 2014
Blackiee;don't be a slowpoke..Your dumbness is unprecedented.
Ashantiking:

I only come here to defend the great nation called Ghana from ashawos and criminals such as yourself.

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ashantiking:

Bring it on Eba eater. Your country is deemed a hellhole, no electricity, lack of healthcare. Nigeria is hell on earth. Ashawo and criminals is all you export.

including aliko dangote that can buy the entire ghana and her citizens??

1 Like

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Dessyguy(m): 6:18pm On Jul 15, 2014
OAAC: you've been to nigeria, you've been to ghana,...i doubt you have ever been to an english class:>
we're not here to mark grammar.You've got nothing to say I should have noticed earlier.
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Cubeet: 6:19pm On Jul 15, 2014
what a useless country like gayna .,.With your population of 26million+(pop of Lagos alone), You now running away one by one..

1 Like

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 15, 2014
donnypool:

bleeding cu.nt is now a swear word? so you probably bleed once a month. therefore u re the only cursed female i know

Last bullet; GO F.U.CK YOURSELF
Bleeding Cu.nnt!
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ashantiking:

Yet the average nigerian is as poor as ever and dumb. No security, no energy, no education, no health care. You still can't refine your oil. Nigerians are very stupid indeed.

ghana refines their own oil, what energy do you guys have?, what is Ghana's health care called? and who is the richest man in ghana and africa as a whole?

answer those questions sir?

1 Like

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by tbagjames(m): 6:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ashantiking:

Nigeria is more like Afghanistan. Apart from GDP there is not a single thing Nigeria is better than Ghana in. Nigeria is more like hell on earth. You Eba eaters are the worst people on earth.
Am salivating. I love Eba. There is a saying that ''success is having what you want while happiness is wanting what you have''. Heading to Germany and Brazil wont guarantee you success. You might end up as a ballboy or stadium steward in Brazil or a diswasher in Germany that if you are even lucky.
Long live my Eba
Long live my contention
Long live Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by LOSKYXANDER: 6:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ashantiking:

Fighting what battle. Are you for real? Shut up. Didn't the us army call Nigeria army incompetent. Shut up u have the most useless country in Africa and the most useless president.
What kind of Ashanti man is this? I'v been reading your comments all the way and most make no sense. From population statistics in every 4 Africans, one is a Nigerian!!!! so why would'nt u expect the population of Nigerians abroad to be more than that of Ghanians!!!....By the way, down to economy, what makes u think the Ghanian economy should be comparable to that of the Nigerian economy? Instead of defending ur citizens abandoning their nationality u dey here dey bad belle naija! MTCHEEW!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by lucianohase(m): 6:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ashantiking:

Nairaland that couldn't even pay its bills. The forking site was shut down for almost a month. Stupid Nigerians we are talking about Facebook and Twitter and you are here talking about nairaland. Stfu
listen,whatever anyone hates and despises, the person kicks out or rejects and doesnt come near it,but if the person keeps holding unto it,that means the person is addicted to it ! Im saying this out of goodwill!! All the best as u quit and log out forever from nairaland!

1 Like

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by soulglo: 6:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ashantiking:

Trust me no Ghanaian will renounce their nationality for Nigeria, not when u your president is even more useless than our president and you can't be any more clueless than the Ghanaian president.

This made me laugh. Truth is every Nigerian with an American citizenship "renounced" their Nigerian citizenship

2 Likes

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Cubeet: 6:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
The richest man in my village can fund Ghana's national budget.... I jus feel sorry for dem...They are suffering. jus try and visit ghanaweb someday

1 Like

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
Dessyguy: we're not here to mark grammar.You've got nothing to say I should have noticed earlier.
stale!! the nigga i quoted, responed, and we ended it there. . . Stop being delusional k?
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Ashantiking: 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
lezz: you mean you're too ignorsnt not to know its the gospel truth? Or too bull headed to accept it. Ghana has no legacy in west africa not to mention africa. You're just our tiny noisy neighbours. Sore losers.

There is not one single thing Nigeria is better than Ghana in except being big and useless. Whenever there's a problem in west Africa everyone seek refuge in Ghana including you Eba eaters. Education, Ghana is number 1. Most west Africans go to Ghana for education, health care most west Africans go to Ghana. What more can we do. Ghana is the beacon of hope for west Africa.

1 Like

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
lynpetra:
Bleeding Cu.nnt!

are you a tranny? dont you get monthly flow? is your own flow juice?

mumu

you matter na fried rice, lemme focus on this gaynians termites

1 Like

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Iceman296: 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
Its Alarming when you see Ghanaians defending their country in a Nigerian own Site, How do they think they'll survive the heat? It a Plain Stupidity on their part.

Nigeria Vs Ghana Rivalry is Same as US Vs Mexico, we are just Incomparable in all Ramifications. The same economy they boast is booming is Actually Boosted by Nigerians, Without Nigerians Students, their University would be virtually empty. So What are we saying?
____
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
Fo fuvk ur self blackie!mu.mu;what the heck are you doing here?One way to know a fool is by the rubbish coming out of his mouth which indicates that he has a big empty head...This description fits you perfectly..Aboki;i av got shoes 2 shine;come on blackiee;i like them shiny
Ashantiking:

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (32) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Boris Johnson Moved To Intensive Care / US Presidential Election 2016 Results Updates / Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.