Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry (56376 Views)

Rev. Wright Helped Obama Accept 'Christianity' Without Having To Renounce Islam / Ghanaians Comment On Their Country's Plan On Letting Nigeria Mint Their Currency / Malian 'hero' Of Paris Attacks Gets French Nationality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by gallantsoldier(m): 4:11pm On Jul 15, 2014
Useless gaynaians always disgracing africa we are having security problem but very soon we shall overcome the bokoharams the same way we did with the militants in niger delta if gayna wer in nigeria shoe by now der would be worst than somalia because ur army is a shithole bokoharam and militant too big for una na OPC go end una career
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Demainman1: 4:12pm On Jul 15, 2014
I'm ashamed of these people called Nigeria leaders. sad

Even Ghana can now take Nigeria on and defeat us. I won't be surprised if Ghana attempts to colonize us in no distant future.

See as AshantiKing dey talk anyhow to my Fatherland. Chei.

Nigeria Ntooorrrr. Serves you right!!
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by dking123: 4:12pm On Jul 15, 2014
Largas: LOL.
This is a common case among some West African Health Professionals.
Normally, the pay scale/range for health professionals in oversea is huge. So some frustrated Health professionals from Ghana, Nigeria, Togo travel overseas and obtain citizenship in order to enjoy higher salary.
But, that is a wrong move. Forsaking your home country because of plenty money is not the nicest of all options.

Don't call this a Ghanaian thing. Some Nigerians do this as well. And even through other means.
These people enjoyed low tuition and schorlaship in Africa.now they prefer serving Europe.there is God.
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Ashantiking: 4:13pm On Jul 15, 2014
imperioux:

Continue sitting on that two legged chair. cheesy

Forking Eba eater
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Ashantiking: 4:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
gallantsoldier: Useless gaynaians always disgracing africa we are having security problem but very soon we shall overcome the bokoharams the same way we did with the militants in niger delta if gayna wer in nigeria shoe by now der would be worst than somalia because ur army is a shithole bokoharam and militant too big for una na OPC go end una career

Last x I checked the Nigeria delta militants are still kidnapping people like there's no 2morrow.
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
lynpetra: A thread that promotes the foolishness of the black race.
They rather stabs themselves in the back than collectively face the white man.

Bunch of fuckd up niggars!

Truly there is a difference between being 'black' and being 'African'.

*drags all the mucus from her throat,spits on thread*

dirty girl
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by johfrox(m): 4:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ashantiking:

Nigerian economy is shit, the president is clueless and the security sucks. As bad as Ghana is right now Ghana is ten times better than Nigeria. That's why there are three million Nigerians in Ghana. And you will not find 20,0000 Ghanaians in Nigeria.

Hey niccur, ur president and the wise brethren in your country were crying on every media platform just to appease the gods in Nigeria when the emboldened was reviewed. You are just like your president. Show some respect and we might let you in on the 10% of the economy. Stop e-ranting.
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
Demainman1: I'm ashamed of these people called Nigeria leaders. sad

Even Ghana can now take Nigeria on and defeat us. I won't be surprised if Ghana attempts to colonize us in no distant future.

See as AshantiKing dey talk anyhow to my Fatherland. Chei.

Nigeria Ntooorrrr. Serves you right!!

what is 'ntooorrrr' this bush baby?

2 Likes

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by imperioux: 4:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ashantiking:

Forking Eba eater

like you grin
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Sallychizzl3: 4:25pm On Jul 15, 2014
Nawa o... . grin grin [size=25pt]ASHANTIKING[/size] no dey tire

I have a question though, do we have [size=25pt]GHANALAND[/size] or something close
'Cos if Nigeria is as bad as you're painting it, it ought to be us in your forum and not the other way round.
#Just_Thinking_Aloud.... no need for banter please. grin

5 Likes

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 15, 2014
dking123:
These people enjoyed low tuition and schorlaship in Africa.now they prefer serving Europe.there is God.
There really is God. They wish to eat their cake and have it.
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Coldfeet(f): 4:26pm On Jul 15, 2014
kobonaire: you think Nigerians are not into shady business themselves? How do you castigate the whole of two nations? Do you want other nationals to now say that all Nigerians are 419ers?
Like they are not saying it already. Anyway some Indians and Lebanese! Truthfully I've met some from both nationals that are very good and honest people.

2 Likes

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 15, 2014
@ All, 39 foreigners applied for Ghanaian citizenship but do they have to renounce their existing citizenships? That is d forgotten comment.

Many Ghanaians and Nigerians do this but it is never on the headlines because most countries allow dual or multiple citizenships.

Our governments have failed us all in Africa. No need to attack ourselves here!

1 Like

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by kobonaire(m): 4:30pm On Jul 15, 2014
Coldfeet: Like they are not saying it already. Anyway some Indians and Lebanese! Truthfully I've met some from both nationals that are very good and honest people.
correct talk...don't worry we will rebrand our image #NaijaIsGreat.
Btw, love the mamiwata on your profile ...

1 Like

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 15, 2014
donnypool:

dirty girl

mtcheeew
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by imauri: 4:35pm On Jul 15, 2014
Largas:
Talk that crap to someone else.
Be patriotic to your country. You are a fake citizen. You talk as though my post was referred to you.
If you needn't my advice, then you needn't have quoted me.
WTF! Patriotic to what country? who gives a Bleep what you think of me (this is the problem with most Nigerians, fake as hell, internet preachers, double standards, Impulsive liars if you had the chance to give yourself and your kinds a better future, wouldn’t you take the same steps they too? what do you mean 'not the best of options leaving your country for more money’ Bullshit.. ask urself what you would do. And if you say u won’t give yourself a good future outside Nigeria the same way they did then you are a f%$$ing liar .. Continue being patriotic while your leaders are buying private jets and importing girls from other country with money meant for you ..lol

2 Likes

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
lynpetra:

mtcheeew

Dog

1 Like

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Coldfeet(f): 4:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
kobonaire: correct talk...don't worry we will rebrand our image #NaijaIsGreat.
Btw, love the mamiwata on your profile ...
grin no be mami water be that o! Na my spirit pesin o! Na she I dey use when I wanna appear in ya dream!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by successking: 4:37pm On Jul 15, 2014
Largas: LOL.
This is a common case among some West African Health Professionals.
Normally, the pay scale/range for health professionals in oversea is huge. So some frustrated Health professionals from Ghana, Nigeria, Togo travel overseas and obtain citizenship in order to enjoy higher salary.
But, that is a wrong move. Forsaking your home country because of plenty money is not the nicest of all options.

Don't call this a Ghanaian thing. Some Nigerians do this as well. And even through other means.

Why this gross display of frustration and hopelessness?

Face the issue raised in the article and don't bring Nigeria to things of this nature anymore.

Nigeria is great, and that will be appreciated only if you travel out of Nigeria and remain there for a year and beyond.

You had better take note of it now!

1 Like

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by digitite: 4:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
imperioux:

Abject poverty can cause people to start boiling stones like yams for food. That's the case of the ghanaians, so why won't they throw away their roots?

Poverty.... I mean the pitiable type.

May God not allow us experience this. It's not as if their newly adopted homeland is paved with gold, you still have to work for the good life, pay taxes and tolerate discrimation through your live. Dignity is the ultimate.
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by kobonaire(m): 4:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
Coldfeet: grin no be mami water be that o! Na my spirit pesin o! Na she I dey use when I wanna appear in ya dream!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
well I sure do look forward to seeing you tonight ... in my dreamz wink
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by joelenesleek(f): 4:41pm On Jul 15, 2014
That dude nagging like my neighbors pained wife should give up.

1 Like

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Burger01(m): 4:52pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ashantiking:

Trust me no Ghanaian will renounce their nationality for Nigeria, not when u your president is even more useless than our president and you can't be any more clueless than the Ghanaian president.
Tell that to the dogs for all I care... Ghana must GO! smiley
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by digitite: 4:55pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ashantiking:

No one want a Nigerian in their country. U will choke on the air of democracy. Anarchy is all you know.

I smell raw hate.

Fellow Nairalanders : How do Nigerians in Ghana cope with this ?

1 Like

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by wiringdpt(m): 4:56pm On Jul 15, 2014
And them go carry their blackass come nairaland they insult us..more than 25 million nigerians are living abroad and no one has renounced their citizenship...MAKE WE JUST PRAY NAIJA GO BETTER

1 Like

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by RebelLeader15(m): 5:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ashantiking:

Trust me no Ghanaian will renounce their nationality for Nigeria, not when u your president is even more useless than our president and you can't be any more clueless than the Ghanaian president.
Black witch, your fathers were sent packing from Nigeria long ago.........so you have grown bigger that you can insult us,may God continue to punish you and your fellow Ghanian robbers n prostitutes

1 Like

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by joshrare(m): 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
Dear NL(s)
I need your help/assistance on this project topic; the role of infrastructure on national development( power sector)
Just the questionnaire aspect plz, I can handle the other areas. Plz help its urgent
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by iamord(m): 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
just look at what this thread has turned into!!
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
donnypool:

Dog

bleeding cu. nt.
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Timijo(m): 5:10pm On Jul 15, 2014
Wale112: Many Ghanaians are now renouncing their nationality to become citizens of other countries due to economic reasons, Mr Kwesi Ahwoi, Minister of the Interior, announced on Monday.

He said in all, a total number of 817 applications were received and approved from Ghanaians in 2013 to enable them to change their nationalities.

Out of the number, 367 were males and 450 were female Ghanaians, who took nationality in Germany (538), Netherlands (233), Norway (32), Denmark (7), Austria (5), Hong Kong (1) and China (1), Mr Ahwoi said this at the-meet-the-press series in Accra.

Elaborating further on the issue, Mr David Agorsor, Director in Charge of Migration Unit of the Ministry said majority of the applicants were health professionals, especially doctors and nurses, who had their passports taken from them and returned to the Passport office on completion of the process.

He explained that, such people renounced their Ghanaian nationality because they are mostly offered job opportunities in those countries which do not recognize dual citizenship.

Mr Agorsor, who described the situation as very alarming, however said such people could regain their Ghanaian citizenship if they renounce the foreign one later.

“The rate at which Ghanaians are naturalizing as Germans is alarming. Almost every week, people come over to naturalise as Germans unlike in previous times-when they go seeking for greener pastures”.

Meanwhile, Mr Ahwoi said 39 foreigners applied to naturalize as Ghanaians, and that 29 of them had been approved and the remaining 10 being outstanding.

Of these, 17 people were Lebanese, five Indians, one each from Nigeria, Korea, Egypt, America, Britain and Liberia.

The Interior Minister gave an overview about work being done within the 10 agencies of the Sector Ministry, made up of the Ghana Police Service, Ghana Prisons Service, Ghana National Service, Ghana Immigration Service, and the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO).

The rest are the Narcotics Control Board (NACOB), Ghana Refugee Board, Gaming Commission, National Commission on Small Arms and the National Peace Council.

Mr Ahwoi said all the agencies would collaborate and work to provide a safe and secure environment where social economic activities would thrive within the confines of the law to enable Ghana to enhance her status as a middle income country to achieve higher growth and development.

He said many of the laws governing the agencies were obsolete and that, they are being amended at various stages to bring them up to date.

He said a new migration policy, a private security organisations regulations, a locksmiths activities regulations as well as a service charter had been designed while the NADMO Bill had been approved by Cabinet.

A cabinet memorandum on a loan facility to procure logistics for security agencies is also being worked on, and that, when that is approved, the agencies would be provided with the needed logistics for effective operations.

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=316939
Why are they selling themselves to the slave masters again?
Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by Dessyguy(m): 5:11pm On Jul 15, 2014
Burger01: Ghanaians, renouncing their nationality since 1867.

Make them no come naija. We don't need them. Brazil na better place for them smiley
who will renounce his nationality just to be in nigeria smh.

1 Like

Re: More Ghanaians Renounce Their Nationality - Interior Ministry by purplekayc(m): 5:14pm On Jul 15, 2014
Thought ghana had a good economy even better than Nigeria's

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Boris Johnson Moved To Intensive Care / US Presidential Election 2016 Results Updates / Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.