Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? (29259 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Jman06(m): 5:17pm On Jul 17, 2014
In the labor market, ladies have better chances of getting jobs than guys. The reason is not that they are more intelligent that guys, but because in most cases, they gain undue favor from male employers. What i mean is that a lady can easily dress up and walk into an organization and she'll be attended to, but if a guy does that, chances are higher that he would be bounced back. What I'm trying to say is that ur friend should present his brother for the job because it'll be easier to find another job for his wife than his brother.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by egopersonified(f): 5:29pm On Jul 17, 2014
Wife now, wont I support my own before. At least if the wife gets the job, husband, wife, brother and baby will all enjoy the money but if the brother gets it, he moves out of the house and enjoys alone.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by rolled: 6:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
Op please go to bed
You are still spewing rubbish of 600k per month for a trainee?
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 17, 2014
rolled: Op please go to bed
You are still spewing rubbish of 600k per month for a trainee?
You need to go read my last post before this one for you to understand it better.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by yorex2011: 10:00pm On Jul 17, 2014
Remember the days of humble beginnings.. If d job is given to d broda.. He will be in their debt for many yrs to come... If the broda messes up.. God knws his broda tried ll, life will go on and a better job will come knocking... If the wife messes up after getting d job then d man is in trouble... I feel he shud give it to his broda tho... If it were a sister then i wudve said it shudve been given to the wife... Anyways.. My opinion no matter... I'm sure they already knw wat they want to do...

6 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 18, 2014
The age old question . . . my sibling or my spouse undecided

Let him make the decision with his wife. I'm sure she would want the brother to have the job as well.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2014
Jman06: And the wife cannot chart the course of her own life? Women and their selfishness! @Op, i still maintain that the brother will be better suited for the job. Let him that has ears hear!
comprehension is really a BIG issue. What's selfish in wanting the brother to chart his life course? It's time for the brother to chart the course of his life; let the man recommend his brother. That way, he can be INDEPENDENT and STOP relying on his big brother. Jman06, the bebe scout!
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Jman06(m): 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2014
ferhyntorlah: comprehension is really a BIG issue. What's selfish in wanting the brother to chart his life course? It's time for the brother to chart the course of his life; let the man recommend his brother. That way, he can be INDEPENDENT and STOP relying on his big brother. Jman06, the bebe scout!
ok, we are on d same page. I actually thought of what ur initial comment meant but then i had already posted my quote.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by GboyegaD(m): 5:33pm On Jul 18, 2014
He should present me since he is confused. On a serious note, he needs no soothsayer to tell him to present his wife provided she is qualified. He is responsible for his immediate family first and can always look for other opportunities for his brother. If he were my friend, I did tell him he is selfish and wicked for him to be thinking about who to present.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by 5minsmadness: 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2014
koastar: Good day all, pls I need your advice on this issue.

My friend is now confused who to present to his friend for the job, his wife or brother. Your advice pls.
The salary for the oil job is 600k per month excluding allowances.
shocked shocked shocked
OP are you crazy?
Give the job to the wife!

No wait... Give the brother!
Now I'm confused o! Chai see gobe

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by teeboo: 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nawa o,we Nigerians and our mentality of betrayal frm wife,who told u ur own broda cannot turn his back against u wen he's rich? If u doubt me ask PSQUARE,if broda frm same womb born same day can turn their back @ eachoda so wots d point, wot happens if u loose ur job 2morw and unable 2 feed ur family and dis ur same bro refuse 2 help u?.God help our men

6 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by 5minsmadness: 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2014
tchigofigo: 600k per month?..ok oo..if he trust his brother, dn recommend him 4 d job witout lettn d wife knw dt he got it 4 im..wit an agreement dt he'l raise enof money 4 d wife to set up a biznes in his first few months at wrk..wit 600k aside allowances, they cld easily raise a mil in 4 mnths..at least, d wife can run a biz n stil keep an eye on kids
Honestly I think this is the best advice@op

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by 5minsmadness: 5:44pm On Jul 18, 2014
Godmystrength: ....
grin
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
Jman06: ok, we are on d same page. I actually thought of what ur initial comment meant but then i had already posted my quote.
no wahala. I take back my comment if you being a "bebe scout".
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Jman06(m): 9:21pm On Jul 18, 2014
ferhyntorlah: no wahala. I take back my comment if you being a "bebe scout".
lol i didn't actually take that remark seriously. Anyway, how're u doing?
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:22pm On Jul 18, 2014
Jman06: lol i didn't actually take that remark seriously. Anyway, how're u doing?
I'm doing great and you?
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Jman06(m): 9:27pm On Jul 18, 2014
ferhyntorlah: I'm doing great and you?
I'm doing great dear. You ain't looking badly, u know?
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:05pm On Jul 18, 2014
Jman06: I'm doing great dear. You ain't looking badly, u know?
Thanks for the compliment.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Jman06(m): 10:11pm On Jul 18, 2014
ferhyntorlah: Thanks for the compliment.
I sent u a pm
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:19pm On Jul 18, 2014
Jman06: I sent u a pm
I've replied.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 18, 2014
alutacontinua: He should explain to both of them and involve them in his decision making. cool

Best leave them out of the conversation and make it yourself.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
Jman06: In the labor market, ladies have better chances of getting jobs than guys. The reason is not that they are more intelligent that guys, but because in most cases, they gain undue favor from male employers. What i mean is that a lady can easily dress up and walk into an organization and she'll be attended to, but if a guy does that, chances are higher that he would be bounced back. What I'm trying to say is that ur friend should present his brother for the job because it'll be easier to find another job for his wife than his brother.

Present his brother? The next six month the brother will be like: "senior bro, I have arrived I want to take a wife''. And when he marries, it all end cos wify will constantly reminds him that building their home so pass while his magnanimous elder brother wrangle in penury

6 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by phabulous88(m): 7:29am On Jul 20, 2014
I'll discuss the job opening with my wife first cos she's mine and we're one. If she's willing to take it, then my brother wouldn't know about the job. If she doesn't want it, then together (my wife and I), we'll present it to my bro.

16 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Mrguru(m): 8:56am On Jul 20, 2014
Lolz.. Confused oo... But it's better he goes for the wife, because, that's the rib... Is just like saying, my heart or my brother wink

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by justi4jesu(f): 8:57am On Jul 20, 2014
Funny thread indeed
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 20, 2014
The wife,for God sake,why is he even thinking about it sef. He should present the wife. In life,everybody to his own..

4 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 20, 2014
I'm damn sure if the reverse was the case, everyone will demand that the woman picks her husband.

In fact, some will even insult her for consedering her brother when she knows of a better opportunity for her immediate family.

SMH........

8 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by sholay2011(m): 9:03am On Jul 20, 2014
phabulous88: I'll discuss the job opening with my wife first cos she's mine and we're one. If she's willing to take it, then my brother wouldn't know about the job. If she doesn't want it, then together (my wife and I), we'll present it to my bro.
I will go with this.

5 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 20, 2014
His brother
One day he will also want to be a head of his family. Since he is taking care of his wife he can continue doing so until another opportunity comes up
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Engen(m): 9:09am On Jul 20, 2014
drnairalov:

his wife....why... lez say d man dies (*na example oo) How would the wife feed herself and d kids..its easier 4 d guy to strughle through thingz!! even if he gives d broda..u think if anyfin happenz the broda wud be sharing his salary to his bro wife...I doubt it.my humble suggestion. bye

Nothing to think about...but am sorry my wife and children comes first... Sorry brother

4 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by sammieguze(m): 9:10am On Jul 20, 2014
Putting in mind the kinda attitude we human beings have, i will suggest he nominate his brother due to the following.

As a woman, if she is nominated, the job maybe tasking, hence, the neglect of the children. It might also involve travelling which is at the detriment of the kids.

Nominating the wife will put her in the fore front financially which might in turn make her lose respect for her husband leading to broken home.

Nominating his only brother otherwise will make the brother grateful hence, always ready and willing to always help him out later. Afterall, he has nobody else to call family.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 20, 2014
Where is mzmariah? Happy sunday to you all.

Brb to comment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Chases His Wife Out For Allegedly Calling Him An Animal In Public (vid) / 92-Yr-Old Man Marries 22-Yr-Old Woman / Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.