Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,565 members, 7,812,830 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? (29221 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by RazziP(m): 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
[quote author=maingwaest]woman thats selfishness this brother needs work to settledown and his husband his in good state
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by alphaomega(m): 1:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
jack26: Na his brother.Do not take the loyalty of ur wife or a friend to forsake the bond of blood-NICOLO MACHAVELLIE

Dat is Machavelli's (a common man) thot.
D bible says some friends are closer than a brother.

Rememba, d wife already has a kid for him...Though, in dis world dt we live in; dat is not enof reason, but dat is d BOND of blood btwn them...

A farmer makes a ridge by ploughing towards himself bro...

When d harvest comes, everybody go jolly.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
you better give it to ur wife. at least u have a kid with her

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Ngokafor(f): 2:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
Oops!...so this thread has been taken to the front-page shocked..okayoo..

little wonder we have a lot more chorus of 'give his brother' by fellow squatters lipsrsealed...kindred spirit in action i suppose undecided lipsrsealed..

..God dey sad

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
He's brother Offcourse....Why should even consider such question sef?.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by IRIENBOY(m): 2:08pm On Jul 20, 2014
The man should take,the offer,after 3 months ,he should set busness for,his brother.that is my advice.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by ladycomfort(f): 2:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
Op, pls tell ur friend to present his wife cos his brother might decide to start a family with that opportunity.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by oluchijud(f): 2:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
If i were in his shoes, i'd give the job to my wife. To avoid trouble, i'ld not let my brother know wat d salary worth is. I might even make it seem like my wife went job hunting n landed herself a job.. I'ld then save up 50% of the salary for 3months n give it to my brother to start up something. that should b enough atleast. I see no reason for anyone to think d wife would grow wings after. C'mon a man should know the xter of the wife he married unless he met her at a peppersoup joint n married her a week after. Who says brothers do not forget good deeds? I av experienced it first hand.The guy even fit marry some months after n he'll concentrate on his immediate family. Even if ur wife grew wings,she'ld never b rid of the nurturing part of her as a mother n ur children's bright future are atleast secure. The guy should use his head noni.....

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Mrguru(m): 2:19pm On Jul 20, 2014
Kessleek: Nah its more like saying my heart or my blood

Lolz... U got me there... But remember that you can loss most of ur blood without being dead, but once you lost ur heart.. You would be dead tongue

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by repogirl(f): 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2014
rolled: 600k for the role of trainee?
Yes I called them dat because they don't seem to have any experience
Which Tv station did you get this story from
Let him present both
None will be qualified sef
this one no be story sef, na riddle, mtchewww!
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Amhappy(f): 2:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
@OP pls tell your friend to recommend me oooo. Am a chemical engineer with that no of exp and i need this job.

He should recommend his wife if they are both qualified.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Jennifer89(f): 3:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
He should choose his wife because family comes first. his brother will always get a job.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by maingwaest(f): 3:05pm On Jul 20, 2014
[quote author=RazziP][/quote]. Yes the brother needs a job to settle down but is the suppose husband settled , wit the little he is earning? U and I no that in this present state of our economy, whatever he is earning will not satisfactorily buy grocery for a month talk more of other amenities eg electricity,water,security,school fee etc. This is not being selfish but rather being wise. The guy is still a young man with no responsibility,another opportunity ll deff come .

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by delpee(f): 3:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
Let me tell 2 short stories.
A former colleague dropped out of school to send his siblings to school. The younger brother in particular was given maximum support and he schooled in the US. My guy made do with in house training opportunities at work but always wished he had had his education straight course like us.
Fast forward some years down the line, younger bro arrives big time with 'mama no nonsense wife'. He got a good job and incidentally had a friend working in our office who was happy to meet with his bro. Unfortunately younger bro had agreed with wife who knows no story that family members shall be restricted from their household. He refused to help anyone! Meanwhile he lived with his brother while in secondary school and conveniently forgot that he depended on him for everything.

2. From my experience in the banking sector, many widows and children are wallowing in poverty because of the preference of brothers over wives as next of kin. There was a woman then who had to repeatedly beg her bro-in-law trained by her husband to sign small amounts from her husbands estate to supplement the childrens school fees and upkeep which she was solely responsible for. The Estate was sufficient to take care of the family but younger bro as the administrator had his personal plans. Those kids suffered greatly!

That doesn't mean you won't occasionally come across irresponsible women who don't value their marital relationships and so seemingly deserve what they get.
My view is that your friend needs to pray and shine his eyes to know what to expect from either party before taking a decision. Not easy at all.

5 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by maingwaest(f): 3:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
Rooneyboy:

It is statements like this that sends married men to their early grave, the pomposity in ur statement is sooooo glaring; u don't have such an amount as monthly salary yet and u are sounding this way, u husband to be would be signing his death certificate with his own hands on his wedding day.

...........Back to topic, So sad but true, this is just the way the average naija lady reasons and talks............ Would surely give the job to my bro,his a man and men do understand .
. It'ss obvious u no nothing about me yet u judge me as being pompouse. Ll not trade words wit u but when u become man enough and tie the knot, u ll understand my point.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Sunshinelady(f): 3:40pm On Jul 20, 2014
koastar: Good day all, pls I need your advice on this issue.

A friend asked me this and I don't know what to tell him. According to him he was asked to present someone that read chemical engineering in an oil company by a close friend of his who works there.

My friend is an accountant and presently earns 60k per month where he works. He has a wife who is not working and a kid.

His wife is a chemical engineer by training and his only brother is also unemployed who read chemical engineering as well. His brother has been living with them for 2yrs now after his NYSC without job. My friend and his brother lost their parents while they were still very young and they are the only children of their parents.

My friend is now confused who to present to his friend for the job, his wife or brother. Your advice pls.

The salary for the oil job is 600k per month excluding allowances.
. His wife of course!! If not 4 anythin 4d sake of his children! Na wa o, ana ajukwa nke a aju? If u giv ur younger bro he ll still spend d money on his own wife & kids. Giv d job 2ur wife, den both of u (u & ur wife) can help ur broda out financially

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
After some thought, I say WIFE. The boy is young and has depended on his brother's household (despite his meager earnings) for years. Should he get offended if his brother wants to improve that household?

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Ngokafor(f): 3:45pm On Jul 20, 2014
poiZon:

bro sorry for quoting u, but lemme tell u a good wife will recommend te job to go to d brother inlaw. a good wife thinks with her head but a bad wife will surely want to get the job n befor u knw her level go change. hv u seen d salary diffrnce bro? we r talkng of 540k, not good for a starter unless she is just a girlfrnd not wife. my opinion though.

...Most of you saying that he should recommend his brother are very wicked and selfish..do you guys ever think at all?..
...How can sane folks be spewing the kind of crap i have read so far?..
...so in your minds..a married man with a jobless wife with a kid,earning a measly 60k a month which we are aware is not even enough for a single adult how much more a married man,should recommend his brother for this dream job while he and his wife wallows in abject poverty?..does that honestly make sense to you all?..
...lets assume you all hate his wife,but what about his kids?...arent they more of his blood than that of his brother?,who will certainly marry and concentrate on his own family and not on some so-called 'benevolent brother?.There are countless stories of brothers turning their backs on family members who have helped them tremendously in the past so what are you talking about..
.. whose welfare should a normal married man be looking out for?..his young children or grown-ass siblings old enough to take care of themselves?...

...Like i said earlier,most of you do not know what marriage is all about..therefore the earlier you leave itfor those who do,the better for women,innocent children and the society in general.

6 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Sunshinelady(f): 3:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
Some of d responses am seeing here are a bit scary, I can't believe one wuld even tink twice about dis question. Its obvious a lot of men are afraid of their wives earning more dan dem, if not y wuld som1 tink twice about givin his wife a job dat will lift up d family from poverty. Oya na go giv ur broda d job, wen he marries 2moro & has kids, will u still be beggin him 4 money all because u got d job 4 him? If his wife na harsh type u no go even smell d money

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Sunshinelady(f): 3:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ngokafor:

...Most of you saying that he should recommend his brother are very wicked and selfish..do you guys ever think at all?..
...How can sane folks be spewing the kind of crap i have read so far?..
...so in your minds..a married man with a jobless wife with a kid,earning a measly 60k a month which we are aware is not even enough for a single adult how much more a married man,should recommend his brother for this dream job while he and his wife wallows in abject poverty?..does that honestly make sense to you all?..
...lets assume you all hate his wife,but what about his kids?...arent they more of his blood than that of his brother?,who will certainly marry and concentrate on his own family and not on some so-called 'benevolent brother?.There are countless stories of brothers turning their backs on family members who have helped them tremendously in the past so what are you talking about..
.. whose welfare should a normal married man be looking out for?..his young children or grown-ass siblings old enough to take care of themselves?...

...Like i said earlier,most of you do not know what marriage is all about..therefore the earlier you leave itfor those who do,the better for women,innocent children and the society in general.
my dear d thin surprise me no be small

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by ceeceeco: 3:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
Dominiquez: Let him give it to his wife. And agree with the wife that they will use part of her salary to set-up his brother in a business.
Best advice!

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Scout60(m): 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2014
Pavore9: Na wife o! it is d lesser of d 2 evils. His kids are guaranteed of a more comfortable life. He can later set up something for his brother from his wife's salary. lf d brother gets d job & one chick from nowhere starts giving him "ideas" na gobe o!
Dont ever pray that a girl earns more salary than you.
U wan wash children and her underwear.
Brother could serve nd start a big business for you unlike wife who will keep on remindind that she started a busineess for you.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Bigsteveg(m): 4:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
alutacontinua: He should explain to both of them and involve them in his decision making. cool

I wont advise u involve the two o...the other may not forgive u o, he or she may just pretend.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Bigsteveg(m): 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2014
spiralwedge: the wife... most sensible thing

The brother must not know about it and should be sent packing.

Dumb comment, if u no fir give d poor guy work, y send him parking again?

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by anitank(f): 4:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
I almost believed the story till I read "N600k excluding allowances"....lies!!!

Anyways if the story is real, his brother should be his first choice. Don't even know why I feel like there's no contest here
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by popson1st: 4:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
OP, your friend or you??
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
matify:

Common , I will free my brother from my damn roof. I'm sure my wife would have been pained up to the neck with his suffocating presence for the past 2 years.

At least I can still provide for my family and her needs until an opening is gotten for her.

Good Point
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by makzeze: 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
kovak:

Chauvinist pig! angry
moderators, ban him pls for abusive word.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by fairheven: 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
koastar:
The husband is an accountant working in a one man owned business, the oil company is where his friend works. My friend wants to change his job and talked to his friend in the oil company about it but he was told that there is no vacancy for an accountant but they are in need of a chemical engineer who has 1-2yrs experience and trainable. This man has assured my friend that if he has anyone he can be rest assured that the person will be employed. He promised my friend this and asked him to take him for his word because he is part of the recruiting team and part of the management as well. The interesting thing is that my friend is not qualified for the job because he's not a Chemical Engineer but both his wife and brothers are qualified with 2yrs experience volunteering in a chemical industry before.

Your friend must be an Ibo man,no disrespect,to my ibo folks,but majority of them value their blood relations over their wives.for God sake your wive shud come first,bible says "and two shall become one"so why shud he consider hisbrother over his covenanted wife?

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by seegobe(m): 5:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
his brother of course.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Jyde81: 5:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
oluchijud: If i were in his shoes, i'd give the job to my wife. To avoid trouble, i'ld not let my brother wat d salary worth is. I might even make it seem like my wife went job hunting n landed herself a job.. I'ld then save up 50% of the salary for 3months n give it to my brother to start up something. that should b enough atleast. I see no reason for anyone to think d wife would grow wings after. C'mon a man should know the xter of the wife he married unless he met her at a peppersoup joint n married her a week after. Who says brothers do not forget good deeds? I av experienced it first hand.The guy even fit marry some months after n he'll concentrate on his immediate family. Even if ur wife grew wings,she'ld never b rid of the nuturing part of her as a mother n ur children's bright future are atleast secure. The guy should use his head noni.....
Very wise and intelligent woman...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? / Man Chases His Wife Out For Allegedly Calling Him An Animal In Public (vid) / Don't Become The Family ATM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.