Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile (43496 Views)

Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe / Israel’s Mobile Missile Defence System: What Is The Iron Dome? / 16 PHOTOS: Aftermath Of The Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down Over Ukraine! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by Quelme: 6:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
ichidodo: Air craft consisting of holiday makers shot down by BUK surface to air missile probably with casualties from the Western Hemisphere [NATO]....I guess this means Total World war??
did you see the BUK missiles.? Its all speculations.
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by ELgordo(m): 6:29pm On Jul 17, 2014
#damn# its getting really ugly . . . Get ready world war 3. . . Let us pray
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by frainc(m): 6:31pm On Jul 17, 2014
mencade5: journalist..
grin funny u
Enjuy
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by Quelme: 6:31pm On Jul 17, 2014
seunmsg: America, NATO and Malaysia should attack Russia immediately if it is true that the MH17 was brought down by a surface to air missile. This is the time for the world to respond strongly to Putin's crazy obsession with Ukraine. Enough of all those meaningless sanctions. If Putin is not cut to size now, the world may be seeing the making of another Hitler. RIP to the 280 passengers and 15 crews!!
who told you Putin shot down the plane.? Mumu dey smell

3 Likes

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by mencade5(m): 6:34pm On Jul 17, 2014
frainc: grin funny u
Enjuy
my oga,,,hahaha
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by seunmsg(m): 6:35pm On Jul 17, 2014
shymexx:

Stop smoking skunk laced with cow faeces, it's bad for ya health. You done lost ya marble, my nyggah.

Praying for armageddon, ain'tcha?

No nation, group or individual should be allowed to bring down passenger planes flying at over 30000 feet without a strong response from the world powers. Ukrainian separatist couldn't have brought down this plane without the Russians support. I am aware of your sentimental attachment to anything Putin but this is one strike too much. It's simply genocide and the Russians must pay for this.

2 Likes

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 17, 2014
just heard that the seperatist captured a BUK missile system some time back.see the scattered debris,relatives wont even have anything to bury.u.s.a had already banned its airlines from flying over eastern ukraine why did other countries not do so.
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by ichidodo: 6:36pm On Jul 17, 2014
Quelme: did you see the BUK missiles.? Its all speculations.
Now what could be the odds of an aircraft at 33000 in cruise control to abruptly disappear from radar without so much as a whimper over a conflict zone that has seen much 'downed' military aircrafts than the Bermuda Triangle ??!....

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by Matthewbriggs(m): 6:37pm On Jul 17, 2014
This is what happens when terrorist i.e seperatist get hold of deadly technology. Damn this very sad.

May their soul rest in peace.

PS. I am very sure Russia is not directly responsible for this nightmare.

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by tonididdy(m): 6:39pm On Jul 17, 2014
Quelme: who told you Putin shot down the plane.? Mumu dey smell
I just tire for that dude...all parties and rebels in both Ukraine and Russia have denied the actions

but at the height the plane was flying....cmon u wicked beings...this is cruel.[email]
I just tire for that dude...all parties and rebels in both Ukraine and Russia have denied the actions

but at the height the plane was flying....cmon u wicked beings...this is cruel.[/email]

but at the height the plane was flying....cmon u wicked beings...this is cruel.
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 17, 2014
A very sad news! cry cry cry
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by GuyFawkes: 6:40pm On Jul 17, 2014
[code][/code]
shymexx: Sad!

However, what was the plane doing there since everyone who's conversant with what's going on in the world knows that there's an undeclared no-fly zone on those sides? And the pilot should've contacted the Russians, since the Ukrainians already know about it and the plane is in their airspace.

Sad to see innocent people die over crap they know nothing about. Then again, it might be a false flag to implicate the other side, who knows? Conspiracy theorists - over to you. Regardless, innocent people shouldn't be used as pawns on the grand-chessboard.

My condolences!

Conspiracy theories? Maybe not.
33,000 feet is way beyond the reach of some SAM's but not this which is in possession of the separatist rebels.

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by Okudiover(m): 6:42pm On Jul 17, 2014
Dem never find the one wen miss na to fire another. RIP>
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by frankiz: 6:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
xpizzy: 295 passengers feared dead after Malaysia Airlines plane went down in Ukraine. Alj ezerra

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/7/17/ukraine-malaysianplane.html
is a pitty but am seeing another world war coming that's the third world war.RIP to the dead them.
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by tonididdy(m): 6:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
hiroz: just heard that the seperatist captured a BUK missile system some time back.see the scattered debris,relatives wont even have anything to bury.u.s.a had already banned its airlines from flying over eastern ukraine why did other countries not do so.
bro planes fly over Iraq on the UK-dubai route.

I smell Malaysia rolling now into the ukraine-russia groove even tho they are no match but they would want some justice...this is bad news for Malaysian airline and bad news for the world. NOwhere is safe

oh add the UK to the groove too
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by 190theclown: 6:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
larry322: TRANSFORMATION AMBASSADORS OF NIGERIA -
TAN
-PRESENTS
ONE STAR TAN AMBASSADOR,DO YOU WANT TO
JOIN TAN ARE YOU A YOUTH LEADER CAN YOU
MOBILISE 200 PEOPLE IN YOUR WARD OR HIGHER INSTITUTION? DO YOU HAVE ANY EVIDENCE
OF YOUR MOBILIZATION
ABILITY DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE TRANSFORMATION
AGENDA OF
PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN THIS IS THE
OPPORTUNITY YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR BECOME A ONE STAR TAN AMBASSADOR CLICK
HERE TO JOIN:http://www.tan.org.ng/onestar/register.php?id=25287

[img]http://1.bp..com/_1PbrMHuiS_k/TQa4tr_zf1I/AAAAAAAAAMQ/8AtygIClxQQ/s1600/50laugh.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by anytaij: 6:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
yorke1: I hope APC won't blame it on Jonathan!
Hahahahahhahahahaha abeg make una no kill me laff if dem catch una I no talk again .
Buh seriously dis isn't funny o make God help us this world is coming to an end
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by Joel3(m): 6:46pm On Jul 17, 2014
the russia might just be testing their war arsenal. The minimum flight of a passenger air line is between 30k feet. For a missile to bring it down must have some advanced rocket target control to do that. The world must suspect russians for such high tech.

The bad side is that news will be buried like the chibok girls with nothing happening.

2 Likes

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by ocelot2006(m): 6:47pm On Jul 17, 2014
mencade5: *adds chopped beef to egg sauce, sprinkles 3 pinches of thymes, adds green pepper, applies diced kpomo to it*

russian, looking for trouble since 1900 - fela

why will they shoot down a plane without any formal warning to the pilot?

#suicidal

It was shot in Ukrainian airspace, not Russia's.
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by tonididdy(m): 6:48pm On Jul 17, 2014
Joel3: the russia might just be testing their war arsenal. The minimum flight of a passenger air line is between 30k feet. For a missile to bring it down must have some advanced rocket target control to do that. The world must suspect russians for such high tech.

The bad side is that news will be buried like the chibok girls with nothing happening.
sad....using innocent people as test targets

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by millionaireman: 6:48pm On Jul 17, 2014
An ill-trained rebel forces must have shot down the plane. This changes the equation in that Russian-Ukraine conflict.
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by vislabraye(m): 6:54pm On Jul 17, 2014
Its tragic. I think it was accidentally shot down or maybe mistaken for a drone.
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 17, 2014
This is just sad.

Apparently the plane entered Ukraine airspace from the West, then flew all the way across Ukraine and was over the far southeastern part of Ukraine when it was shot down. According to reports, the only people shooting surface to air missiles in eastern Ukraine are the pro-Russian rebels, and they get those missiles from Russia. And so it happens that Russia is already being implicated, with some comparing it KAL (Korean Airlines) flight 007 which was shot down in '83, killing around 270 passengers.

Further speculation, or rather conspiracy, points to this incident as possibly setting the ground for yet another energy war. How? Fun Fact: US VP Joe Biden's natural son, Hunter Biden, is on the Board of Directors as the legal head of the Ukraine's largest gas producer, Burisma Holdings.

Hunter Biden

All that aside, I wonder what the heck the Malaysian plane was doing flying over that airspace (KAL 007 had strayed similarly for reasons unknown). And why Malaysia...again??

RIP to the dead. Condolences to the families.
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by dragon2(m): 6:59pm On Jul 17, 2014
CNN is suggesting that a storm forced the Malaysian plane to depart from its normal flight path.
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by Joel3(m): 6:59pm On Jul 17, 2014
tonididdy: sad....using innocent people as test targets
yes that what they do. If military arsenals stays long they look for war or testing target to test the efficiency of the war tools if its still working or something to hope on.

Most time military hardware fails in time of need. That's why they test it. Some community and land of other nation are been used as well.
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by meetben(m): 7:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
I will always keeping asking dis question, when a certain group of people decides to leave a union why forcing them, it's no longer a news dat eastern section of Ukraine wants to either join Russia or be autonomous.Why force them -dis is just d consequence.
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by oskaaay(m): 7:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
xpizzy: 295 passengers feared dead after Malaysia Airlines plane went down in Ukraine. Alj ezerra

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/7/17/ukraine-malaysianplane.html

pictures from the scene below:

A: the plane before the attack

B: After the attack

While you dey calm with the comment. Check out doctors/nurses jobs opportunity abroad at http://careerpingger.revlisimo.org/jobs-for-nigerian-doctors-and-nurses-in-saudi-and-qatar/ and inform friends......Or
Start Visa/Travel agent biz with less than 20k in nigeria start today at http://careerpingger.revlisimo.org/becoming-visa-and-tavel-agent/ .......Thanks!
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 17, 2014
seunmsg:

No nation, group or individual should be allowed to bring down passenger planes flying at over 30000 feet without a strong response from the world powers. Ukrainian separatist couldn't have brought down this plane without the Russians support. I am aware of your sentimental attachment to anything Putin but this is one strike too much. It's simply genocide and the Russians must pay for this.

However, the Americans shot down Iran Air Flight 655 in 1988. Iran retaliated with the Pan Am Flight 103(Lockerbie), which was blamed on Gaddafi and Libya. Israel shot down Libyan Airlines Flight 114 in the 60s. Russian shot down a Korean airliner in 1983. Some are even saying that the lost Malaysian airliner flight 370, that's yet to be found was shot down by the Americans because they were doing a military exercise around that axis when it was shot down - and had to cover it up(I don't know how true this is).

Evidently, shooting down an airliner isn't new - and that isn't enough premise to attack a country with enough nuclear warheads to obliterate the whole planet. The plane should have avoided that region - that's the safest thing to do.

This isn't about Putin or anyone, it's a geopolitical war about interests...and both sides are fighting to protect their interests.

2 Likes

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 17, 2014
GuyFawkes: [code][/code]

Conspiracy theories? Maybe not.
33,000 feet is way beyond the reach of some SAM's but not this which is in possession of the separatist rebels.

I believe the separatists shot it down. They probably thought it was a Ukrainian military transport plane.

Well, they've been bombarding them from the air for weeks, and I doubt I can differentiate between a military plane and a civilian one. They just shot down two sukhoi-25s a few days ago, and you should know how lethal the Su-25s are. So, what was the plane doing there?

It seems Malaysians just love throwing their planes everywhere to be shot it down, to be honest.
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by dragon2(m): 7:14pm On Jul 17, 2014
Was the plane shot down? Debate ongoing as video appears showing moment of impact with no apparent smoke trail from the jet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

It’s Too Early To Congratulate Biden - Obrador, Mexican President / President Putin Signs Law Banning Sex Changes In Russia / Govt Of France Finally Gets Smart; Shuts Down 20 Mosques

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.