Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile (43497 Views)

Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe / Israel’s Mobile Missile Defence System: What Is The Iron Dome? / 16 PHOTOS: Aftermath Of The Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down Over Ukraine! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by otokx(m): 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2014
Putin must be sweating profusely; weapons in the hands of untrained civilians be it militants or whatever is unadvisable.

We pray against any world war, let reason prevail.

5 Likes

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by Archildao: 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2014
mencade5: my girlfriend is teaching me how to cook. Do u know how to cook?
it seems it is only egg dishes you are interested in?dnt fart on this thread cheesy.
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by mencade5(m): 7:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
Archildao:
it seems it is only egg dishes you are interested in?dnt fart on this thread cheesy.
hahaha...where were u when i made jollof rice?
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by GodMode: 7:21pm On Jul 17, 2014
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 17, 2014
GodMode:

Its a war zone... What is a civilian aircraft doing there.

Umm because its the flight path that all planes from Asia to Europe use undecided

Kinda why France did this

#France orders its airlines to avoid Ukraine's airspace until cause of #MalaysiaAirlines crash known http://cnn.it/1rtVc2V

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 17, 2014
Russians are wicked mehn

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by Quelme: 7:26pm On Jul 17, 2014
ichidodo: Now what could be the odds of an aircraft at 33000 in cruise control to abruptly disappear from radar without so much as a whimper over a conflict zone that has seen much 'downed' military aircrafts than the Bermuda Triangle ??!....
everything, the west puts the blame on Russia. Even for their failure in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya et al. Just drop it young boy...

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:26pm On Jul 17, 2014
I think with way new information is coming in... Especially the seperatist denying been responsible for this nightmare it is important one never runs into quick conclusions as to who is responsible.
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by Archildao: 7:27pm On Jul 17, 2014
mencade5: hahaha...where were u when i made jollof rice?
pictures of the jollof rice or...
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by GodMode: 7:29pm On Jul 17, 2014
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by GodMode: 7:31pm On Jul 17, 2014

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by Idrismusty97(m): 7:37pm On Jul 17, 2014
It wasn't in russian airspace when it was shot down. Ukraine is a suspect. Don't listen to western media!

2 Likes

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:37pm On Jul 17, 2014
GodMode:

Stop quoting CNN

Quoting what ... I am just stating the obivious. Everyone is coming up with different conspiracy theories. And most people are already taking these theories as fact.
Just like I erroneously did at first.

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by ichidodo: 7:37pm On Jul 17, 2014
Quelme: everything, the west puts the blame on Russia. Even for their failure in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya et al. Just drop it young boy...
Old monkey, say that again if your family isnt splayed out like this.

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by CyrusLevi(m): 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2014

[img]http//i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02978/malaysia_crash02_2978428e.jpg[/img]
BUK's Missiles

Pictures of the roasted plane.

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by phadat(m): 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2014
what is this life turning into, with no regards for human life boko bombard this, Russia shot that, bad news flying around daily, good lord protect your people. RIP to the dead

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by TonySpike: 7:45pm On Jul 17, 2014
shymexx:

However, the Americans shot down Iran Air Flight 655 in 1988. Iran retaliated with the Pan Am Flight 103(Lockerbie), which was blamed on Gaddafi and Libya. Israel shot down Libyan Airlines Flight 114 in the 60s. Russian shot down a Korean airliner in 1983. Some are even saying that the lost Malaysian airliner flight 370, that's yet to be found was shot down by the Americans because they were doing a military exercise around that axis when it was shot down - and had to cover it up(I don't know how true this is).

Evidently, shooting down an airliner isn't new - and that isn't enough premise to attack a country with enough nuclear warheads to obliterate the whole planet. The plane should have avoided that region - that's the safest thing to do.

This isn't about Putin or anyone, it's a geopolitical war about interests...and both sides are fighting to protect their interests.

Bro, this Malaysian plane was definitely shot down mid-air by a guided missile with highly sophisticated tracking system. Me thinks this event is about to trigger another World War I. This time, the battleground will shift to Asia and Middle East.

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by seunmsg(m): 7:46pm On Jul 17, 2014
shymexx:

However, the American shot down Iran Air Flight 655 in 1988. Iran retaliated with the Pan Am Flight 103(Lockerbie), which was blamed on Gaddafi and Libya. Israel shot down Libyan Airlines Flight 114 in the 60s. Russian shot down a Korean airliner in 1983. Some are even saying that the lost Malaysian airliner flight 370, that's yet to be found was shot down by the Americans because they were doing a military exercise around that axis when it was shot down - and had to cover it up(I don't know how true this is).

Evidently, shooting down an airliner isn't new - and that isn't enough premise to attack a country with enough nuclear warheads to obliterate the whole planet. The plane should have avoided that region - that's the safest thing to do.

This isn't about Putin or anyone, it's a geopolitical war about interests...and both sides are fighting to protect their interests.

My initial call for an attack on Russia was more emotional than logical. But I seriously wish America should do more than sanctions this time around. Again, this tragedy clearly shows why some countries should not be allowed to own such military weapons. The separatist mistook the plane for an Ukrainian military plane and innocent 295 passengers have to pay with their lives for this mistake.

3 Likes

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by Bawss1(m): 7:46pm On Jul 17, 2014
dragan:

Umm because its the flight path that all planes from Asia to Europe use undecided

Kinda why France did this

#France orders its airlines to avoid Ukraine's airspace until cause of #MalaysiaAirlines crash known http://cnn.it/1rtVc2V

Where in the link you posted does it say France orders its airlines to avoid Ukrainian airspace?
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by Bawss1(m): 7:50pm On Jul 17, 2014
As usual on Nairaland, when a story is developing and the facts are not yet clear all kinds of wild theories start springing up out of the woodwork. People here really get kicks from spewing all kinds conjectures and half truths.

See how this thread is 5 pages long with unconfirmed reports, embellished facts and pure but morbid fantasy.

3 Likes

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 17, 2014
Bawss1:

Where in the link you posted does it say France orders its airlines to avoid Ukrainian airspace?

Ok heres the link https://twitter.com/cnnbrk , http://www.thestar.com.my/News/World/2014/07/18/Air-France-decides-to-avoid-east-Ukrainian-air-space/ .

Bawss1: As usual on Nairaland, when a story is developing and the facts are not yet clear all kinds of wild theories start springing up out of the woodwork. People here really get kicks from spewing all kinds conjectures and half truths.

See how this thread is 5 pages long with unconfirmed reports, embellished facts and pure but morbid fantasy.

Oh, you actually think anybody with half a brain cell will follow a story like this on Nairaland.
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by angela98(f): 7:52pm On Jul 17, 2014
This is the kind of news that makes flying frightening.. I think trekking is seeming more safer now. cool

3 Likes

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by mizzy007(m): 7:53pm On Jul 17, 2014
We are living in the last days, d en z soo near. RIP people
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by psychologist(m): 7:53pm On Jul 17, 2014
Na wa o
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by GuyFawkes: 7:56pm On Jul 17, 2014
shymexx:

I believe the separatists shot it down. They probably thought it was a Ukrainian military transport plane.

Well, they've been bombarding them from the air for weeks, and I doubt I can differentiate between a military plane and a civilian one. They just shot down two sukhoi-25s a few days ago, and you should know how lethal the Su-25s are. So, what was the plane doing there?

It seems Malaysians just love throwing their planes everywhere to be shot it down, to be honest.

Well I thought as much also,definitely it wasn't intentional they've shot down a couple of Ukrainian military transport planes recently,heard they aren't allowing accident investigators to the site and they've taken the black box.
As for the SU-25's shot down the Ukraine military are blaming the russians,saying it wasn't a SAM but most likely a russian fighter jet,the pilot actually ejected safely.
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by GodMode: 7:59pm On Jul 17, 2014

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by sweetguy10(m): 8:00pm On Jul 17, 2014
shymexx: Sad!

However, what was the plane doing there since everyone who's conversant with what's going on in the world knows that there's an undeclared no-fly zone on those sides? And the pilot should've contacted the Russians, since the Ukrainians already know about it and the plane is in their airspace.

Sad to see innocent people die over crap they know nothing about. Then again, it might be a false flag to implicate the other side, who knows? Conspiracy theorists - over to you. Regardless, innocent people shouldn't be used as pawns on the grand-chessboard.

My condolences!
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by tobtap: 8:01pm On Jul 17, 2014
it is the work of the cia
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by juman(m): 8:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
Oh my good God!

Very unfortunate.
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by tonididdy(m): 8:04pm On Jul 17, 2014
Joel3: yes that what they do. If military arsenals stays long they look for war or testing target to test the efficiency of the war tools if its still working or something to hope on.

Most time military hardware fails in time of need. That's why they test it. Some community and land of other nation are been used as well.
I don't believe you

the targets must be threats or trespassers not innocent citizens.

a plane flying over a warzone is a threat ...chikena... what I do not buy, is how they can't identify a fighter jet over a normal passenger plane
Re: Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile by Bawss1(m): 8:05pm On Jul 17, 2014
dragan:

Ok heres the link https://twitter.com/cnnbrk , http://www.thestar.com.my/News/World/2014/07/18/Air-France-decides-to-avoid-east-Ukrainian-air-space/ .

Oh, you actually think anybody with half a brain cell will follow a story like this on Nairaland.

Lol. I see that you edited this post and put up the correct link. Good.

No right thinking person will depend on the contents of this thread for a proper understanding of the news. Right now it is full with too many wild conjectures, and unestablished versions of the plane crash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

It’s Too Early To Congratulate Biden - Obrador, Mexican President / Govt Of France Finally Gets Smart; Shuts Down 20 Mosques / President Putin Signs Law Banning Sex Changes In Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.