Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! - Family (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! (141284 Views)

This Is A Must Read For All, Especially married and Intending Couples / I Caught My Pastor-husband Naked, ‘counselling’ A Naked Church Member —wife / Fun- Bonding Activities For Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by bukatyne(f): 10:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
cococandy:
Men don't leave their families to join their wives families,change names and be expected to please every member of the wife's family.
Marriage especially in Africa is very different for women than it is for men.
The woman is expected to put up with attitude from in-laws and you find husband's brothers and sisters and mothers and fathers and aunts and uncles etc etc always on the look out for what the wife is doing wrong so that she can be labeled a bad wife.
The wife's family will hardly be holding their son in law to standards of their own making neither will you find the wife's siblings trying to bend the man to their will because he married their sister.

That's the reality of African marriage for most women. Except the ones who are lucky to get nice and not too culturally biased in laws
Correct

4 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by goodheart4God: 9:41am On Dec 24, 2014
My one cent be nice but don't be overtly familiar. Know your boundaries. Unless you married a good man raised by a good mother. Your journey of pleasing MIL or SIL will be long and tough. So my advise don't start a journey you know you can't finish.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by breadplanets(f): 1:24pm On Dec 24, 2014
Yeaaaaaa im so happy my mom is back!!!! So no stress for me o. When she asked me last week how im preparing as in what i will cook n what i will wear dat day i tell am say i go wear pant n bra and feed her in laws bread n fanta! No b person tell am make she make plans to come back hehehehehe..... Im happy jare. Thanks for this my online family u guys are d best. Kissessss....... Btw i didnt knw that they use money to collect list o. Though its quite cheap in my place, just N2700. I'll keep y'all posted

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 24, 2014
Money to collect list
@breadplanet, let me advise u as a sis.
We all hv been there.
Ur marital journey starts with this list of a thing so listen carefully.
Its not hidden that in some parts of igboland, u will see some outrageous and bogus lists by d lady's people.
Be d smart and at d same time d foolish one here.
If they collect the list, take it and mark out d constitutionaly compulsory ones in ur kindred. Go and ask.
Then d rest should be discarded(whether he is dangote or not).
If ur people raise their voice, sternly wran them to stay clear or u will simply elope(mumsy will then control popsi who then controls others)but know that u alone call d shots here.
And if ur hubby want to do show(like,honey, don't worry, I will do all, its nothing)abegi forget that, he will revisit d issue in less that 2yrs time or use it as an example to a friend in ur presence.it always bring problem and d cycle continues.
Be wise dear, ur marriage will be d way u want it to be.
All d best.

6 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by breadplanets(f): 3:02pm On Dec 24, 2014
@moca thanks love. But you can trust me on that na. Ive already started shouting on top list wey i never see. The warning has already started o. Infact d way i was sounding popsi said i should chill na ontop list wey i never see i dey para like dis? That he would take care of it. I said he better do o cos we no get money to waste. Abeg i no fit shout!
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by temi4fash(m): 4:23pm On Dec 24, 2014
moca:
Money to collect list
@breadplanet, let me advise u as a sis.
We all hv been there.
Ur marital journey starts with this list of a thing so listen carefully.
Its not hidden that in some parts of igboland, u will see some outrageous and bogus lists by d lady's people.
Be d smart and at d same time d foolish one here.
If they collect the list, take it and mark out d constitutionaly compulsory ones in ur kindred. Go and ask.
Then d rest should be discarded(whether he is dangote or not).
If ur people raise their voice, sternly wran them to stay clear or u will simply elope(mumsy will then control popsi who then controls others)but know that u alone call d shots here.
And if ur hubby want to do show(like,honey, don't worry, I will do all, its nothing)abegi forget that, he will revisit d issue in less that 2yrs time or use it as an example to a friend in ur presence.it always bring problem and d cycle continues.
Be wise dear, ur marriage will be d way u want it to be.
All d best.

Yo are making some really valid points.. I entered a bus one day and that was the advise an older woman gave a young girl sitting with me.. when she was talking abtnthe list thingy...

Thumbs up to you mehn...

As mum wuld say oro ologbo man pa po..
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 24, 2014
breadplanets:
Yeaaaaaa im so happy my mom is back!!!! So no stress for me o. When she asked me last week how im preparing as in what i will cook n what i will wear dat day i tell am say i go wear pant n bra and feed her in laws bread n fanta! No b person tell am make she make plans to come back hehehehehe..... Im happy jare. Thanks for this my online family u guys are d best. Kissessss....... Btw i didnt knw that they use money to collect list o. Though its quite cheap in my place, just N2700. I'll keep y'all posted

Dey no use money collect mine oooo.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by breadplanets(f): 6:43pm On Dec 24, 2014
byvan:

Really? I heard that in some places its as much as 15k!!!
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 24, 2014
In some places, culture is rapidly evolving.
I actually collected mine myself.
Hubby and his people didn't step their feet on our soil till d day everything will be done.
I collected,from d eldest in my family(he represents my father, not my bro cos bro is younger) and gave hubby.
Hubby now gave his dad, d only thing d man asked was'is that all?' It was really a small list and would hv been smaller again if hubby is from d same village, town or lga.

So on d day of traditional marriage, they came early. D elders went inside and did their thing. I was called to come and say yes, I know and accepted them.
Then they pursued me.
That was all. It didn't take time and they came out and joined the rest.
By 5pm, we were already on our way.

This is how we do it now in my place especially if u r coming from far and for others, to cut cost. If u r from d same place, wedding will be done that day but dowry will be paid d. Previous evening.

We believe and promote marriage made easy for our young guys abeg.

People should learn to cut down on all these extravagant marriage xpenses.
I don't know why its still promoted.
Ladies, fight for ur right o. If u say no and stick to it, they won't hv choice but to bend.

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 24, 2014
breadplanets:
Really? I heard that in some places its as much as 15k!!!

My dad was rejecting list sef, he scraped out lots and threatened to marry me off without their list , he is not really big on following the rip off program grin. The truth is that me no send them, i would have ran off with the dude for free anyway undecided cheesy.

4 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by RoyalRoy(m): 9:13pm On Dec 24, 2014
Glad to know women are beginning to raise their voice and save the men from unwarranted expenses for weddings. Give or take 5-10yrs down the line with this new attitude, "selling" of brides will be a thing of the past.

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by breadplanets(f): 9:41pm On Dec 24, 2014
byvan:

My dad was rejecting list sef, he scraped out lots and threatened to marry me off without their list , he is not really big on following the rip off program grin. The truth is that me no send them, i would have run off with the dude for free anyway undecided cheesy.
Prahahahahahahahahahaha...... Abeg byvan leave me this night let me start strategising on how to dismantle the list. What nonsense! How many of these so called uncles have ever really been there for one in the first place? I remember one time in secondary school i was stranded on the road while travelling back from school then i managed to beg a driver to take me to park that i have an uncle there that i will collect money from to pay him. You know drivers na after much much he agreed. When we got to the park his conductor followed me to my uncle's shop thankfully he was around do you know that this man did not give me money to pay the conductor.!! After telling him my plight even if he didnt have he could have borrowed and the money im talking about is less than N50 o! The conductor nearly beat nonsense commot for my body that day. It was just God that saved me. I just dey wait am that day make i see the mouth wey e go use they drink palmy on top my head! Mtchewwwwwwwwwwww........ I don vex this nite
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 24, 2014
breadplanets:
Prahahahahahahahahahaha...... Abeg byvan leave me this night let me start strategising on how to dismantle the list. What nonsense! How many of these so called uncles have ever really been there for one in the first place? I remember one time in secondary school i was stranded on the road while travelling back from school then i managed to beg a driver to take me to park that i have an uncle there that i will collect money from to pay him. You know drivers na after much much he agreed. When we got to the park his conductor followed me to my uncle's shop thankfully he was around do you know that this man did not give me money to pay the conductor.!! After telling him my plight even if he didnt have he could have borrowed and the money im talking about is less than N50 o! The conductor nearly beat nonsense commot for my body that day. It was just God that saved me. I just dey wait am that day make i see the mouth wey e go use they drink palmy on top my head! Mtchewwwwwwwwwwww........ I don vex this nite

Nne no too vex, just dey zoom them in 3D. It will come and pass soon enough. Once bride price don land, even ancestors dey game for the sharing grin.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by breadplanets(f): 11:47am On Dec 25, 2014
byvan:

Nne no too vex, just dey zoom them in 3D. It will come and pass soon enough. Once bride price don land, even ancestors dey game for the sharing grin.
Lmao at ancestors! Merry xmas thread. May the joy of the Lord be our strength in the remaining days of this year and may the new year bring us good tidings.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by eagleeye2: 11:48am On Dec 25, 2014
breadplanets:
. Btw i didnt knw that they use money to collect list o. Though its quite cheap in my place, just N2700. I'll keep y'all posted
yes ohh.... list is usually collected with a token. mine was #6000. Though one of my cousins was told to bring #30,000 and the guy just soft pedal and began think twice about the babe.....
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 25, 2014
eagleeye2:

yes ohh.... list is usually collected with a token. mine was #6000. Though one of my cousins was told to bring #30,000 and the guy just soft pedal and began think twice about the babe.....

smh for your guy undecided
He must be very poor angry cheesy
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by eagleeye2: 1:53pm On Dec 25, 2014
alutacontinua:

Yeah, he isn't all that bouyant. Moreover, we gathered that the lady wasn't all that into him. Maybe it was a scare tactics.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Ilovenigeria(f): 1:56pm On Dec 25, 2014
alutacontinua:

30k for collection of list?

3 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 25, 2014
eagleeye2:

Yeah, he isn't all that bouyant. Moreover, we gathered that the lady wasn't all that into him. Maybe it was a scare tactics.

If he had other reasons that made him think twice, maybe
But if 30K was too much for him to pay as bride price, he really needs to step up his game lipsrsealed
My sources say some parts of naija pay hundreds of thousands undecided
If things were super-tight and the babe knows, she should have tried to help tone it down though cool
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 25, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

30k for collection of list?

Which one be collection of list again? undecided
You mean they spend money to get the bride price list? cheesy
chaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by eagleeye2: 3:12pm On Dec 25, 2014
alutacontinua:

If he had other reasons that made him think twice, maybe
But if 30K was too much for him to pay as bride price, he really needs to step up his game lipsrsealed
My sources say some parts of naija pay hundreds of thousands undecided
If things were super-tight and the babe knows, she should have tried to help tone it down though cool
No. No.
#30k was for collecting list. You can ask others (igbos) it's way too expensive just for collecting list.
The girls brother, who was even telling him to go and bring the money isn't responsible for the girl ohh.......the girl was adopted by a reverend gentleman who trained her. But in Igbo land na still the biological family of the girl that will dictate things concerning her trad wedding.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 25, 2014
eagleeye2:

No. No.
#30k was for collecting list. You can ask others (igbos) it's way too expensive just for collecting list.
The girls brother, who was even telling him to go and bring the money isn't responsible for the girl ohh.......the girl was adopted by a reverend gentleman who trained her. But in Igbo land na still the biological family of the girl that will dictate things concerning her trad wedding.

God help my father if he tries to dull when time comes cheesy
E be like say na me go do this list thing myself angry
My father fit dey form over-nice like that cheesy

#assuming I'm female# cheesy
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by dBard: 5:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
byvan:

collected my list with about 7k
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 25, 2014
dBard:

Nawaoooh!!! shocked
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by edwife(f): 10:09pm On Dec 25, 2014
dBard:

shocked

My list was FOC grin just internet connection because it was emailed.... grin grin grin
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by dBard: 11:46pm On Dec 25, 2014
byvan:

Nawaoooh!!! shocked

u can say that again.
saw the list and almost went back for a refund..

as in my 7k 'bribe' was just for nothing smiley
byvan:

Nawaoooh!!! shocked

u can say that again.
saw the list and almost went back for a refund..

as in my 7k 'bribe' was just for nothing
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by veave(f): 12:24am On Dec 26, 2014
Okay, lets forget about our worries for now and wish each other 'Merry Christmas' kiss

I start first.... Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year to us all. Peace to everyone...
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by RoyalRoy(m): 3:08am On Dec 26, 2014
alutacontinua:

God help my father if he tries to dull when time comes cheesy
E be like say na me go do this list thing myself angry
My father fit dey form over-nice like that cheesy

#assuming I'm female# cheesy

Ooopsss grin
Did someone almost "slip and fall"?

Lmaooo.

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 3:16am On Dec 26, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Ooopsss grin
Did someone almost "slip and fall"?

Lmaooo.

bwuhahahahahahahahah cheesy
where have you been?
Complements of this beautiful season smiley

Have you seen aplonius? embarassed
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by RoyalRoy(m): 3:20am On Dec 26, 2014
alutacontinua:

bwuhahahahahahahahah cheesy
where have you been?
Complements of this beautiful season smiley

Have you seen aplonius? embarassed

Av been around eating chicken all over Lagos Island and Ibadan but i haven't seen Apolonius oooo cry cry
A bit worried about his gradual/sudden dissapearance since he entered this "jungle". Hoping he is fine though!!!
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 4:28am On Dec 26, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Av been around eating chicken all over Lagos Island and Ibadan but i haven't seen Apolonius oooo cry cry
A bit worried about his gradual/sudden dissapearance since he entered this "jungle". Hoping he is fine though!!!

wey my own chicken? angry
Apolonius is probably busy with wife cheesy wink
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Teespice(f): 5:53am On Dec 26, 2014
RoyalRoy:

merry Christmas.

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (67) (Reply)

Man Catches His Wife Sleeping With Another Man; Takes A Selfie With Them (Pix) / Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics / Married Woman Kissing Her Secret Lover Gets Stuck To His Lips(photos,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.