Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,768 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! - Family (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! (140803 Views)

This Is A Must Read For All, Especially married and Intending Couples / I Caught My Pastor-husband Naked, ‘counselling’ A Naked Church Member —wife / Fun- Bonding Activities For Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by prissyluv(f): 9:08am On Jan 03, 2015
subzidi:

I was partially in your shoes 4 years ago but difference being that my parents only voiced their opinion adjudged from preconceived prejudice about his tribe(Edo guy too). Trust me before I introduced him to my people I had the mind set that I was only respectfully informing them not really seeking their approval. Reasons being that I would be the one to live with the man and had made up of my mind that I'd rather live with my mistake than someone else's. If there is no Godly reason for objection to a choice of partner I think whatever reason is null and void. Today my hubby is the best son inlaw in the family! I'm not says parental opinion/blessing is not important but when it is being withdrawn under unfounded UnGodly reasons after trying your best to make them see reasons to accept your choiceplease run to God for blessings and carry on with marriage/life! Part of being an adult is the ability to make decisions and live with the consequences...
I'm sure you will not forgive yourself if you give up on this good man and marry someone else God forbid along the line things go sour...our parents will not be there forever and they have lived their own lives. MY OPINION
I wish you wisdom in your decision.
Thanks for sharing this with me dear.
I see my man slipping out of my hand beause of this. If only they can see him before rejecting him.
My man was not born in benin and did not grow there but visits home when there is need to.He has been in the east almost 27 years with his parents. He cant speak benin well(not a good thing though) but he communicates well in Igbo though not with our tongue. 90% of his friends are Igbos. He is not from a polygamous home. I have seen this guy do things ordinarily me cannot do for him. So open to me. He hardly travels out of his place of work without letting me know. This is a man you can leave kids with and be at peace wherever you are cos you will meet a healthier kids and a clean home... Infact I know i will not forgive myself if I let go. My man is just like a brother to me.

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by annalong: 10:46am On Jan 03, 2015
@Prissylove. I quite feel your pain. I almost married someone from Edo but my parents and siblings were totally against it. I went to God in prayer and sought him out, later the guy impregnated somebody and we parted ways(That was the answer to my prayer). I have been married to someone from the same tribe for the past 5yrs now, i am grateful everyday because i know he his Gods choice for me. Sometimes OPPOSITION is not a stumbling block but Gods way of saying reconsider your decision. Please pray very hard whether you are married into your tribe or outside your marriage can be heaven or hell depending on the man and his FAMILY. I know when there is OPPOSITION our while becomes stronger to conquer and we neglect some warning signs( e.g Whitney and Bobby Brown). I pray God will lead you.

3 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Michky: 10:48am On Jan 03, 2015
Its like walking into a car showroom but not knowing what brand of car you want. Or walking into a departmental store but not knowing what exact brand of toothpaste you want. Pityful.

Alot of people just want any toothpaste or just any bra. They end up choosing wrongly and regretting they did. Sad enough, alot of them still repeat the same mistake all over again. That's humans for you.

As for me, when i know that something is right, i dont waste time what others think. I dig in. And after it all, if i made a mistake, i live with it peacefully. At least i tried to do what i thought was right.

But come to think of it: what if i was right?

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Michky: 10:55am On Jan 03, 2015
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by eagleeye2: 11:55am On Jan 03, 2015
Michky:

But come to think of it: what if i was right?
Michky, why do you feel so strongly about this issue? Have you been in this situation before? If yes, what did you do right or wrong?
If you are Prissyluv, how will you handle this issue? Everyone is not emotionally strong to go against their family.
Marriage is not something to just dabble into because you are "so much in love", at least others have equally said it here.

3 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by FINA4804(f): 11:58am On Jan 03, 2015
@prissylove, like others have said parental blessings are important but when they don't respect your feelings it becomes unfair, this is your life you have to try your best to convince them both in prayers and physically, you can talk to your uncles, aunties and even your pastor. I am a benin girl with three brothers they are not as bad as they think, it is never about the tribe but the person concerned, with what you have said so far your guy is a nice guy.
My brothers two of them are married, one to a delta igbo, the other to a delta girl and they are doing fine.
Now coming to me I married to a delta igbo and I am happy I did.And like others have said God forbid anything happen I will never regret this beautiful decision I have taken. You have to make up your mind about what you want. If you really want him then don't give up, keep convincing, and have faith that they will come around. I await your success story

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by tonychristopher: 12:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
prissyluv:

Thanks for sharing this with me dear.
I see my man slipping out of my hand beause of this. If only they can see him before rejecting him.
My man was not born in benin and did not grow there but visits home when there is need to.He has been in the east almost 27 years with his parents. He cant speak benin well(not a good thing though) but he communicates well in Igbo though not with our tongue. 90% of his friends are Igbos. He is not from a polygamous home. I have seen this guy do things ordinarily me cannot do for him. So open to me. He hardly travels out of his place of work without letting me know. This is a man you can leave kids with and be at peace wherever you are cos you will meet a healthier kids and a clean home... Infact I know i will not forgive myself if I let go. My man is just like a brother to me.

Then try and talk to your folks but if they do not accept him pls don't go ahead . Pray also

Parents don't like it when kids disobey ..nemesis can be funny
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by tonychristopher: 12:21pm On Jan 03, 2015
Michky:
A lot of people don't realize what they really want in life till its too late. Ada is just a freeking title damn it! People refuse to realise that they are not their culture. If they die today, their culture will live on. So why not live a life of happiness instead?. Why should anyone start worrying about burial rights at such a young age. Shocking, honestly. What happened to living your life one day at a time?

Anyways, i like where you said you went to them not really seeking their approval but just dully informing them. I wish there are more ladies like you out there who know exactly what they want and go for it. With the right attitude and respect for your husband, your marriage will surely continue to be fruitful in Jesus name. I wish there is more of your kind out thekre. This world would be a much better place.

Pls point of correction ada is not a title but a position naturally bestowed by God

Nobody takes Ada as a title urs just the position firvthe first daughter ofvtge family

She functions as an aggregator and peace maker

But she can talk to their family

My both parents are dead and we the men all married from different Igbo states me from Delta others from imo and Enugu but my sister who married married from Anambra nobody forced her cos our parents where dead but she just knew the right thing
It depends

If the guy us good he should conscience and convince her parents

But never GI against your family because of a man .....love is not enough

I talk as a parent and I have a daughter so know my position

I will feel bad if my baby won't listen to me on matters like this .....Lord forbid that anyway

I wish her luck

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 03, 2015
I really would not want to say this because you will behave the child your parents has trainned but someone might get something..yea the evil side of children living their african parent's mind even at adulthood. I dont take light of parents opinion on matters like this but from your parents own, its basically for their selfish reasons. Your dad's reason is exact as your mum only coated with many colours...THEY DONT WANT TO BE THAT PARENT THAT EVERY ONE POINTS AT COS THEY GAVE THEIR ADA TO A BENIN MAN. Seriously prissyluv, from where your parent is coming from, there is only one thing though usueless to fear; that is tommorrow which you or your parent have no control of. Should you not enjoy the today in your hand cos you'v been trainned to fear it may go sour hence look for a today with a sure tommorow both of which is not guaranteed? not taking risk is risk too. If you are sure this is the man for you, only pray to God who alone holds tommorrow to speak to you and not to your parents. You will know he has answered you from the genuine content of your heart/spirit. Then go with your heart with no regret of whatever happens. One of those your dociled siblings might fight for their right and change that blacklist to whitelist like nollywood magic in your beholding eyes when it gets to their turn-a tall feat for ada, no?.*modified* What did you do to incur NEMESIS?..Africa bullying its young with religion, culture infact anything to make them docile. In the covenant of Jesus, even things that/will be can be changed if you need to like the woman that got the food meant for children for her supposed hungry dog (child).
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Michky: 3:33pm On Jan 03, 2015
eagleeye2:

Michky, why do you feel so strongly about this issue? Have you been in this situation before? If yes, what did you do right or wrong?
If you are Prissyluv, how will you handle this issue? Everyone is not emotionally strong to go against their family.
Marriage is not something to just dabble into because you are "so much in love", at least others have equally said it here.
I believe i have made my stand clear from my previous posts. However, I believe you do have a good point there (@ the bolded). Am just here to lend advice just as you are here to do though. All in all, its left for the individual involved to choose eventually.

In other words, we are all here for the same good cause. Lets keep doing what we are doing. Happy new year to us all.

4 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Michky: 3:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
tonychristopher:

Pls point of correction ada is not a title but a position naturally bestowed by God

Nobody takes Ada as a title urs just the position firvthe first daughter ofvtge family

She functions as an aggregator and peace maker

But she can talk to their family

My both parents are dead and we the men all married from different Igbo states me from Delta others from imo and Enugu but my sister who married married from Anambra nobody forced her cos our parents where dead but she just knew the right thing
It depends

If the guy us good he should conscience and convince her parents

But never GI against your family because of a man .....love is not enough

I talk as a parent and I have a daughter so know my position

I will feel bad if my baby won't listen to me on matters like this .....Lord forbid that anyway

I wish her luck
What am saying is this: Ada or no Ada, the individual is what is important. Not the title. If Ada is going to cause you long lasting sadness, wouldn't you act discretionally? Anyways, no need for anymore arguement. Best of luck to prisiluv on whatever decision she chooses.

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by tonychristopher: 3:55pm On Jan 03, 2015
Michky:
What am saying is this: Ada or no Ada, the individual is what is important. Not the title. If Ada is going to cause you long lasting sadness, wouldn't you act discretionally? Anyways, no need for anymore arguement. Best of luck to prisiluv on whatever decision she chooses.

Well your correct dear but as a parent I will advise that she follows her mind but above all she should obey her parents
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by CoCoLav(f): 4:18pm On Jan 03, 2015
Okay I'm still a bit young and inexperienced but let me just add this.

My dad who happens to also share the same opinion with your dad told me a story. There's an uncle of mine who had a daughter that wanted to marry a Delta man but my uncle opposed for the exact reasons your dad is giving. They pleaded and pleaded but my uncle refused saying there are many men from my place who will marry her. The guy moved on and till today the lady is still at home waiting for the yakurr man that will marry her. Mind you this was 11 years ago. Now my uncle of course can't say anything and being a typical African parent will not admit that he was wrong. He has his unmarried daughter living with him now, guess he got what he wanted.

Undoubtedly, Parental consent is very important in marriage. However as someone earlier pointed out you need to know where to draw the line. Try to analyse their reasons and make your decisions from them.

All the best Prissylove. I hope I don't have to fight this battle too because my parents are like my life.

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 03, 2015
@breadplanets
Sorry for your loss.May his soul RIP,Amen.

@ ALL
Happy New year

@Prissyluv

Love is not enough and it's important you don't underestimate the fact that you should at least get one parents approval before you go ahead.Married life is full of ups and downs,you need to have your family solidly behind you.If not all of them,at least some.
There are times you may need someone you trust who you are sure is in your corner at all times,someone who you know always wants the best for you no matter what,someone who knows you through and through,someone you know will tell you the hard truth without any hidden or ulterior motives.For me,i trust my parents and siblings completely and i know they can never ever lead me astray.2014 opened my eyes to how important a rocksolid family is.I never knew how important it was to just have the assurance of 100% acceptance unconditionally even when i behaved badly.There's nothing in this life like a supportive family.Your spouse can be all that But sometimes it may not be enough and you may find that you need reinforcement. NB. I believe no one can beat my parents when it comes to parenting.They are excellent parents but a bad couple lipsrsealed

I met my DH,we dated for years and from his character and resilience i decided i was ready to build a life with him and then informed my parents.They were not thrilled at the notion at the time cos of where he's from,as his area is well known for wickedness and their inability to care for their wives.People always used to say that men from their place don't know how to treat a woman.When they started all the shouting and rejection,i began threatening fire and brimstone(i regret doing that).My father was not shaken,my mother said i'd been jazzed.Why choose a man who's older than me wella,not handsome,not even rich etc.They resorted to praying for me cheesy
DH started saying we should have se x and get pregnant as that would then leave them no option.I refused.

I had to go back to the drawing board and think.I know my parents very well,my Dad responds to logical arguments and my mom more invested in happiness .So,i went to them individually and presented my case.I asked them to give him a chance,at least get to know him and meet his family and then take it from there.I told my father about how DH treats me,his interaction with others,our potential as a team in future.I told him a marriage working isn't by tribe but by a persons character.I told him to remember how dangerous it is to generalize without even getting to know a person,and even cited examples of the tribalism he faced in his workplace.I told him to go and ask around about DH and see if he'd hear negative things.I told him if i'm making a mistake,it's entirely on me and i prefer to make my own mistake than have regrets.
My mom,i told about how happy he makes me,how he lets me be me,how gentle and nice he is and most importantly i didn't have reasons to ever see any form of womanizing in him(very important for my mum).
Then i also enlisted the support of my siblings,they rallied round me.

Fortunately,my parents were open to that.After a series of visits and interaction over a period,they relented and opened their hearts and arms to him.There's never been any going back from there.Even when he messed up by not standing up for me,my parents never ever said a bad word.They said it's a teething problem in marriage and I should focus on building our relationship and forget any outside influence.My parents and siblings formed a wall of support for me.No one said anything about his tribe or said 'I told you so'.
My father is proud of us as a couple and tells DH constantly.They discuss finances,savings and investment etc.They both will do anything in their power to move us forward no matter what.BUT one thing i know is they would never every put my happiness at stake and if at any point in life I feel my marriage is unbearable,I have a safe haven to run to.

Look at your fiance and his family as a whole,are they worth it?A man who loves you with his whole being who also has a family who loves and accepts you is worth fighting for.A man who will have your back and protect you from all cultural differences is important.You have to start learning their language and you need your inlaws in your corner especially if they are the traditional type. Study them and be sure you are ready for this leap and any attendant consequences.

Face your parents and counter their arguments with logic,not emotional babble.Let them get to know him,let them ask around ,investigate him and the family or do whatever they need to do to assuage their fears.It's not like their concerns are unfounded,let them see you take it seriously,address them but let them realize that you are confident in your choice.Get someone in your corner please.Don't do one man fight,it is tiring especially if you don't have the emotional resilience and stubbornness needed to push through.When I had the inlaw issue,I remembered how i fought my parents for Dh and felt so bitter,then i reminded him. Dh felt so horrible,held me and begged me grin grin.I use this as my emotional blackmail weapon lipsrsealed

Life is unpredictable.You may go ahead and this will become the best decision you've ever made in your life.OR it could be the worst.Just make sure you are sure and that even when you face issues and challenges as a couple,you won't start thinking it's tribe induced.

Good Luck and i pray your parents see reason with you.
Cheers!

17 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by AZeD1(m): 6:49pm On Jan 03, 2015
It's pathetic that in 2015 some parents still play the tribal card.
@Prissyluv
The only thing I can say is, it's your life and happiness involved so do what you have to do and be prepared for the consequences.

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by prissyluv(f): 8:25pm On Jan 03, 2015
Madampinkolo,thanks so much ma. I always love ur way of expression and advice. I know my parents even when they consent and God forbid things go wrong they will definitely remind me of the warnings of today.
Nonetheless,I will do anything to get their consent and blessings. My siblings on the other hand...infact I just pray I win this battle. Thanks again.

AZeD1,thanks. My happiness,that is really what I am fighting for.

Cocolav,thanks dear.This story you shared is one of my fears. God's willing I will win.

Michky,thanks dear. I totally understand your point. Ur contributions are duely noted.

Tonychristopher dear,I love your consistence,I pray not to disobey them.
Floodgater,thanks for the input.
Annalong,God really saved you and Amen to your prayer.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by tonychristopher: 8:53pm On Jan 03, 2015
Michky:

I talk from my position as a father . That's all

Parental consent is very vital
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Bloomingbud(f): 10:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
Always looking forward to madam pinkolos insightful posts, your posts keeps me glued to the this thread.

Prissyluv. I pray God guides you as you make your choice.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by CoCoLav(f): 10:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
AZeD1:
It's pathetic that in 2015 some parents still play the tribal card.
@Prissyluv
The only thing I can say is, it's your life and happiness involved so do what you have to do and be prepared for the consequences.

Tell me I brought you here grin
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by AZeD1(m): 3:29am On Jan 04, 2015
CoCoLav:

Tell me I brought you here grin
CocoLav
You brought me here.
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by CoCoLav(f): 7:17am On Jan 04, 2015
AZeD1:

CocoLav
You brought me here.
smiley smiley smiley

Great thread. Hope you come around more often.

smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by AZeD1(m): 9:46am On Jan 04, 2015
CoCoLav:

Great thread. Hope you come around more often.

smiley smiley smiley
I'll try to but the topic says strictly for couples or intending couples and I don't fall into either category wink smiley wink
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by CoCoLav(f): 12:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
AZeD1:

I'll try to but the topic says strictly for couples or intending couples and I don't fall into either category wink smiley wink

You will get married someday. I believe you can get lessons that will help in future.

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:27pm On Jan 04, 2015
I always wonder if it is right to instill in your children from an appropriate age what it is they should be looking out for in a man/woman before they even think of starting to date. I am a firm proponent of use your head before your heart takes control. Family background, personality traits......cos today the issue might be tribe with our parents, tomorrow with us something else.

I think Hollywood and the west has the March on what it takes. It seems irrelevant but from when that little girl reads Snow White and all the happily ever after, the narrative begins to get shaped. Fall in love, manage what comes with it.

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by AZeD1(m): 2:23pm On Jan 04, 2015
CoCoLav:

You will get married someday. I believe you can get lessons that will help in future.
Alright ma'am
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Rosarie(f): 5:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
privillulov m an edo woman married to an edo man.esan by tribe.born, school, married had first kid all in edo.benin.to b candid he might b good but look deeeeeeepppppp at d familyyy esp in polygamy n juju aspect.cos foundation has a long role to play.re dey d types dat gves their juju a room to b living n they wake every day to worship it cos dat will mean d guy go get some kind home demons.n dey love polygamy lik is a curse.m nt tryin to scare y.avoid pre marital sex or sin esp unforgivness to anyone.go on ur kness n ask GOD COS HE IS SUPREME DAN UR PARENTS:bf;nl or u

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 04, 2015
@Prissyluv I can imagine how you feel. It must be really hard

I wouldnt however ask you to go against your parents. What you need to do is to try everything you can to get them to accept this man as their son-in-law
If not for now but for the future.

Your man will also think twice knowing that you have a cordial relationship with your parents and family before he treats you badly. When he knows you have somewhere to go and someone to speak up for you if need be.
Your husbands family will also respect you more.
I am not saying that you wont have any issues with a man endorsed by your parents neither am i saying that if you go ahead and marry this man it will end in regret. I am not saying that.

Marriage already comes with its own stresses & ups and downs & to add family issues to it makes it nire stressful. I was listening to the radio one evening a few weeks ago and people were phoning in and talking about the effect of family fueds on their own marriage and many confessed that it did cause a big strain on their marriage and many went on to divorce.

Talk to your parents, think of ways you can convince them if you are sure that this is the man. Show them positive examples and try and allay all their fears. Most importantlu pray for Gods wisdom and Gods will to be done in your life. All the best.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by prissyluv(f): 10:06pm On Jan 04, 2015
chaircover:
@Prissyluv I can imagine how you feel. It must be really hard

I wouldnt however ask you to go against your parents. What you need to do is to try everything you can to get them to accept this man as their son-in-law
If not for now but for the future.

Your man will also think twice knowing that you have a cordial relationship with your parents and family before he treats you badly. When he knows you have somewhere to go and someone to speak up for you if need be.
Your husbands family will also respect you more.
I am not saying that you wont have any issues with a man endorsed by your parents neither am i saying that if you go ahead and marry this man it will end in regret. I am not saying that.

Marriage already comes with its own stresses & ups and downs & to add family issues to it makes it nire stressful. I was listening to the radio one evening a few weeks ago and people were phoning in and talking about the effect of family fueds on their own marriage and many confessed that it did cause a big strain on their marriage and many went on to divorce.

Talk to your parents, think of ways you can convince them if you are sure that this is the man. Show them positive examples and try and allay all their fears. Most importantlu pray for Gods wisdom and Gods will to be done in your life. All the best.
Madam Chaircover,thanks for your unadulterated advice. Do remember me in your prayers too.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by prissyluv(f): 10:08pm On Jan 04, 2015
Rosarie:
privillulov m an edo woman married to an edo man.esan by tribe.born school married first kud all in edo.benin.to b candid he might b good look deeeeeeepppppp at d familyyy esp in polygamy n juju aspect.cos foundation has a long wayy.re dey d types dat gved juju s room to b living means d guy go get some kind home demons.n dey love polygamy lik is a curse.nt ttyin to scare y.avoid pre marital sex or sin esp unforgivness to anyone.go on ur kness n ask GOD COS HE IS SUPREME DAN UR PARENTS:bf;nl or u
Thanks but edit your post so that one can read and get meaning from it.

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Rosarie(f): 1:54pm On Jan 05, 2015
prissyluv:

Thanks but edit your post so that one can read and get meaning from it.
ve done dat.life is a choice.wish u d best
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by prissyluv(f): 4:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
Rosarie:
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by prissyluv(f): 4:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
Rosarie:
Thanks so much dear.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (67) (Reply)

Man Catches His Wife Sleeping With Another Man; Takes A Selfie With Them (Pix) / Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics / Married Woman Kissing Her Secret Lover Gets Stuck To His Lips(photos,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.