Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge (42913 Views)

Say No To Bleaching... "Black Is Beautiful" (pix) / "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! / ***Hair For African Women*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by jessetom(m): 5:21pm On Jul 20, 2014
not all bleaching or toning are vivid...am a guy and I won't Lie I would prefer a light-skinned girl over a dark-skinned girl....
most guys we also prefer light skinned girls....
so let's stop criticizing them for tonning....
they are giving we(the guys) what we would prefer....
they are trying to sell(with all due respect)
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by collynzo2(m): 5:24pm On Jul 20, 2014
banega: ah wonder oh,. sad
Sweery you are obviously one of the sweet naturally fair girls.
Don't mind the haters abeg.
I dunno where they got the idea that every 'true'' African must be as black as charcoal.

2 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 20, 2014
77% Imagine, then they claim to the Giant of Africa when dark skinned girls have actually vanished into the bottles of Whitelicious!

As I have said before Giant of Africa is Ghana, original, rich un adulterated culture and proud. No the copy, copy mentality, that everything western is civilised and everything African is primitive.

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by nanizle(m): 5:25pm On Jul 20, 2014
Joavid:

They do it because that is what men are more attracted to. I mean in real life, not on paper.

I strongly disagree.

Maybe that's what you believe but I can authoritatively tell you that men are more attracted to women that are confident with their natural beauty; It shows you have a high self-esteem.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by rexzqcom(m): 5:25pm On Jul 20, 2014
myspnigeria: Sad truth..... Blame it on westernization

No, blame it on mental slavery .
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by azimibraun: 5:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
Sombody near me will soon collect better slap. Hw can dis girl be arguing with me with all the evidences I hve presented? I showed her a 1hr documentary on peru and brazil the streets, markets, schools and the many home fans in and outside the various stadiums during the 2014 world cup yet we cldnt find a single brazillian girl with a low cut. Which means the Hair Naija ladies use are from dead people. She is telling me the hair are from girls who are poor so they cut their hair and sell. U guys can imagine hw pissed I am rite nw. Show me brazillian and peruvian females with low cut she still hasn't o!

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by skyface00(m): 5:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
you can do the needful grin

chegx: .
is it?Nice article.

OkNice article.

NAIRALAND needs to come against spacebooking, it's akward.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by ayusco85(m): 5:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
Guykhena: *sighs*
African Girls would put on FAKE hair
African Girls would put on FAKE eyes
African Girls would put on FAKE assets
African Girls would put on FAKE skin(bleaching).

And yet they would be the one saying "I Want A REAL Man"? undecided

we will start wearing banana in our boxers

7 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
the 77percent is ABSOLUTELY ntrue. First, when was the cencus done? The number they put up there also includes people who go to the market and buy just anything they could rub on their body without knowing what it is.

Also, it that were true, how comes we have all the black people here. I know someone who bleeches when i see one. Many of the ladies i see here dont bleech.

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by nanizle(m): 5:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
jessetom: not all bleaching or toning are vivid...am a guy and I won't Lie I would prefer a light-skinned girl over a dark-skinned girl....
most guys we also prefer light skinned girls....
so let's stop criticizing them for tonning....
they are giving we(the guys) what we would prefer....
they are trying to sell(with all due respect)

It's logical for guys to find light skinned girls more attractive simple because they are "rare" i.e. the population of light skinned girls is much lower than dark skinned girls.

This is not a license for our girls to feel inferior and go ahead harming their skin in the name of attracting guys.

It's the same way Europeans are more attracted to blondes or brunettes but you don't hear of 70% of white women changing the color of their hair to attract more men.

Ladies be proud of the your natural look! project self-worth! say no to skin toning/bleaching/lightening.

3 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by BankuTilapia2: 5:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
Say nigerian women and not African women

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by rexzqcom(m): 5:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
I like beautiful people of all colors.
All colors are beautiful if natural.
Mercury and other chemicals obtained
Colors is a no, no, no for me.

Have exceptions for those with skin diseases.
Which exfoliation is side_effect of their medication .
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by nanizle(m): 5:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
azimibraun: Sombody near me will soon collect better slap. Hw can dis girl be arguing with me with all the evidences I hve presented? I showed her a 1hr documentary on peru and brazil the streets, markets, schools and the many home fans in and outside the various stadiums during the 2014 world cup yet we cldnt find a single brazillian girl with a low cut. Which means the Hair Naija ladies use are from dead people. She is telling me the hair are from girls who are poor so they cut their hair and sell. U guys can imagine hw pissed I am rite nw. Show me brazillian and peruvian females with low cut she still hasn't o!

Lol.

I just read somewhere that BRAZILLIAN LADIES DONT CUT THEIR HAIR.

#corpse things grin
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by ayusco85(m): 5:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
nanizle:

Lol.

I just read somewhere that BRAZILLIAN LADIES DONT CUT THEIR HAIR.

#corpse things grin

lwkmd. i wish all naija girls with the brazilian hair crase will see this post. #DeadBrazillianGirlsHair
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by 50calibre(m): 5:44pm On Jul 20, 2014
Black women are now completely absorbed into the world of fakery.

They fake their hair, they fake their skin, they even fake their attitudes, the real black woman is now an endangered specie.

I met a girl few months ago, she was so pale, she could easily pass for a mixed breed or even a Caucasian, then I saw her brother one day, and he was dark as night. I instantly knew her paleness was down to a chemical process.

I must say there's increasing sophistication in the bleaching cream industry. some of these products transform girls so perfectly, you can never tell she was once black.

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by sCross: 5:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
azimibraun: . Oh! Sorry smbody jst told me girls don't bleach and wear dead brazillian and peruvian ladies hair because of Men anymore; they do it for competition and superiority amongst themselves. I think say na because of us men sef.

True a million times. After a lil prodding, a lady told me the same ish. Sadly loads of ladies have self esteem issues.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by nanizle(m): 5:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
50calibre: Black women are now completely absorbed into the world of fakery.

They fake their hair, they fake their skin, they even fake their attitudes, the real black woman is now an endangered specie.

I met a girl few months ago, she was so pale, she could easily pass for a mixed breed or even a Caucasian, then I saw her brother one day, and he was dark as night. I instantly knew her paleness was down to a chemical process.

I must say there's increasing sophistication in the bleaching cream industry. some of these products transform girls so perfectly, you can never tell she was once black.

I concur!
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
nanizle:

It's logical for guys to find light skinned girls more attractive simple because they are "rare" i.e. the population of light skinned girls is much lower than dark skinned girls.

This is not a license for our girls to feel inferior and go ahead harming their skin in the name of attracting guys.

It's the same way Europeans are more attracted to blondes or brunettes but you don't hear of 70% of white women changing the color of their hair to attract more men.

Ladies be proud of the your natural look! project self-worth! say no to skin toning/bleaching/lightening.

Rare in Nigeria perhaps but not ibmn the the rest of Africa especially the Southern Africa.

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by meelorlah(f): 5:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
craziebone:

the entertainment industry here in Nigeria would have done the Job more perfectly but they betrayed us completely.

Nollywood and Nigeria's music industry have done a great deal by telling the African story by Africans but it failed in the all important; by showing black beauty on tv and cherishing it. If they had done that, maybe men would value the black skin better. But i dont blame the entertainers who prefer light skin ladies. They are also a victim of brainwashing and media propaganda.
Gbam...u've said it all
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by sCross: 5:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
50calibre: Until i met her brother and he was dark as night.

Loooooooooooool.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by nanizle(m): 5:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
BluIvy:

Rare in Nigeria perhaps but not ibmn the the rest of Africa especially the Southern Africa.

Yeah. I'm talking about our beloved Nigeria where the rate of bleaching is staggering.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
50calibre: Black women are now completely absorbed into the world of fakery.

You can actually tell in some cases. Check the width and roundness of the nose.Most Mixed race light complexion individual have sharp nose as one of the tell tales.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
50calibre:

Bwahahahahaha

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a dark skinned Nigerian chic/woman, to be honest.

Is it the make-up or most Nigerian females are either naturally caramel or light skinned?
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by BankuTilapia2: 5:57pm On Jul 20, 2014
BluIvy: 77% Imagine, then they claim to the Giant of Africa when dark skinned girls have actually vanished into the bottles of Whitelicious!

As I have said before Giant of Africa is Ghana, original, rich un adulterated culture and proud. No the copy, copy mentality, that everything western is civilised and everything African is primitive.

Nigerian women bleach than any other women on earth. Its a FACT. The only country on earth thats proud to be black is Ghana. We have black star in our national flag, our senior national team is call da Black Stars, U-17(Black starlets), U-20(Black Satellites), U-23(Black Meteors), female national team is call the Black Queens, U-17(Black Maidens), U-20( Black Princess). National hockey team is call Black Sticks, national table tennis team is call Black Loopers, national basketball team is call Black Hands and the national boxing team is call the Black Bombers. We love who we are and we wont change. Nigerians suffer from inferiority complex and its very laughable when they say Ghanaians are too black hahaaaaaaaa. Lupita Nyongo is making it big in Hollywood and she is pure black no bleachinggggggg

#stopbleachinginnigeria# angry

4 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by saaedlee: 5:57pm On Jul 20, 2014
But when it is too much

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Cusubaba(m): 5:59pm On Jul 20, 2014
BluIvy: 77% Imagine, then they claim to the Giant of Africa when dark skinned girls have actually vanished into the bottles of Whitelicious!

What is wrong with u bitter b.i.t.c.h ? Why are u so senseless and stwpid! What have bleaching got to do with giant of Africa. I knw ur a South african lady. Fool, I spit on ur gravel.

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by StealthyMe(m): 6:00pm On Jul 20, 2014
People bleach for reasons best known to them...but then,some people bleach & end up being brighter than their future !

azimibraun: Sombody near me will soon collect better slap. Hw can dis girl be arguing with me with all the evidences I hve presented? I showed her a 1hr documentary on peru and brazil the streets, markets, schools and the many home fans in and outside the various stadiums during the 2014 world cup yet we cldnt find a single brazillian girl with a low cut. Which means the Hair Naija ladies use are from dead people. She is telling me the hair are from girls who are poor so they cut their hair and sell. U guys can imagine hw pissed I am rite nw. Show me brazillian and peruvian females with low cut she still hasn't o!

Yeah u're right....though i once watched a documentary where little girls in an Asian country were paid money for their hair.
But most brazilian hair and the likes are shaved off from the dead.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by voxpopp: 6:03pm On Jul 20, 2014
purplish: Heck...MBGN 2014 is not even black! So why exactly should they believe? Ehn? *sips cold teem*
but agbani darego is black...

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by BankuTilapia2: 6:04pm On Jul 20, 2014
Cusubaba: What is wrong with u bitter b.i.t.c.h ? Why are u so senseless and stwpid! What have bleachin got to do with giant of Africa. Fool, I spit on ur gravel.

Maladroit buffoon there is nothing wrong with what the lady said. You are just a natural born idiottttt with no life.

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by ayomidegambari(m): 6:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
Nawao...d way naija girls dey bleach now ehn, u fit go date ur ex again and u no go know.

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by sCross: 6:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
craziebone:

Also, it that were true, how comes we have all the black people here. I know someone who bleeches when i see one. Many of the ladies i see here dont bleech.

yes they do. For some of them, their skin no wan gree for the bleach.

For others it would take them a long time. Nothing happens suddenly. Give many of those ladies a couple of years and you'll see wonders
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
Black is beautiful !

Go and compare a 40 year old black women to a 40 year old white women, then we can talk.

cool

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

“I Have Never For Once Used Eyebrow Pencil In My Life” - Lady Says / Anna Banner From Bayelsa Crowned MBGN 2013 / New Miss Africa, Dorcas Kasinde's Wig Caught Fire After Getting Crowned (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.