Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge (42953 Views)

Say No To Bleaching... "Black Is Beautiful" (pix) / "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! / ***Hair For African Women*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Aycorrect(f): 6:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
Hahaaa...no b choice!
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Kweenliz007(f): 6:19pm On Jul 20, 2014
Copy and paste
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Gorrbachev: 6:19pm On Jul 20, 2014
And Men

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by kurajordan(m): 6:21pm On Jul 20, 2014
///
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Cusubaba(m): 6:23pm On Jul 20, 2014
BankuTilapia2:

Maladroit buffoon there is nothing wrong with what the lady said. You are just a natural born idiottttt with no life.
Am 1 million times better than poky jobless f.o.o.l like you, who sleep and wake up in Nigeria forum. Listen you village bastard! Black is beautiful but Ghanaians made it ugly. Ghana president john mahama and his wife bleached, ghana juju team captain asamaoh gay bleached, yvonne okoro bleached etc. Wait i will start uploading their bleaching faces picture.

2 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Adamskuty(m): 6:23pm On Jul 20, 2014
Cusubaba: What is wrong with u bitter b.i.t.c.h ? Why are u so senseless and stwpid! What have bleaching got to do with giant of Africa. I knw ur a South african lady. Fool, I spit on ur gravel.
she is a botswanain slave, the ape is even ashamed to mention the zoo she's from. grin

2 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Atmmachine(m): 6:26pm On Jul 20, 2014
With the way Nigerian girls bleaches these dayz, guyz will end up dating thier Ex-girlfriends..
Talking from experience. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by cococandy(f): 6:27pm On Jul 20, 2014
Blame the guys.
They won't let fair ladies rest.
If you're very dark there's no way you won't have a twinge of self consciousness at all the hullabaloo about fair girls.
Sad thing is we prefer them dark and select them above white guys.
But they betray us and run after white/fairer girls as if they are goddesses.
sadsadsad
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by azimibraun: 6:28pm On Jul 20, 2014
Flavour own no be bleaching na poverty hide him real colour.. Even olamide sef. Poverty strong o! Most male celeb own dey understandable. Except u never jones b4. Abi u wan compare flavour and Neato c? Abi 9ice, reminisce dem with Banky W?

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Dbestmax(m): 6:28pm On Jul 20, 2014
mujiboy: Black is beautiful
White is beautiful
Red is beautiful
U're on point...cos d main issue is 2 b proud of wateva color u are

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by goldbim(f): 6:30pm On Jul 20, 2014
[quote author=craziebone]

the entertainment industry here in Nigeria would have done the Job more perfectly but they betrayed us completely.

Nollywood and Nigeria's music industry have done a great deal by telling the African story by Africans but it failed in the all important; by showing black beauty on tv and cherishing it. If they had done that, maybe men would value the black skin better. But i dont blame the entertainers who prefer light skin ladies. They are also a victim of brainwashing and media propaganda.EXACTLY!!!the funniest thing is that those who bleach wil never admit it,u'l hear lines like"that's my colour",I'm only toning nt bleaching..lol,funny world.also,d producers too uses sensational phrases like "skin glowing ,goat milk ,papaya bla bla.it is well unto we african women!!
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Adamskuty(m): 6:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
even the Germans are aware of the blackness of gaynians

4 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by azimibraun: 6:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
Black is beautiful for blacks

White is beautif for white

Red is beautiful for Reds

The question is why is everything becoming beautiful for the black lady? Hold ur own make dem hold dia own.

Anyway na micheal jackson cause all dis wahala and him don die liv our girls for eternal struggle with beauty.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by lilmax(m): 6:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
Joavid:

They do it because that is what men are more attracted to. I mean in real life, not on paper.
silly excuse
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Joshuadon: 6:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
I WOULD SAY [size=15pt]THINGS HAS FALLEN APART[/size]
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by bukatyne(f): 6:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
Well said

Everything blacks do to enhance their beauty is self hate undecided

Bleaching... hmm, very crazy especially people who end up with multicoloured skin tone

I believe an average fair person (especially light brown kai) person is better looking than an average dark person

And Nigerians are extremely delusional

chulla12: Black people are the subjects of social programming and they don't know it. The media attaches racial consciousness into everything Black people do. Why is that?

Why is it that this stigma of "self-hatred" does not follow white people who tan and get implants, dye their hair blonde when natural blondes are a minority in the white population?

Why doesn't this stigma follow Asians who get eyelid surgery, whose ladies marry white men in record numbers?

Why doesn't this stigma follow Indians who practice skin color casting and bleach their skin?

Why doesn't this stigma follow Jews who get nose jobs and straighten their hair?

Why are only black people labelled self-hating? Is there an end-game to this media bombardment? I think that they want to attach this stigma to us to give others reason to label us as ugly and discriminate against us.

I wish Black people would stop allowing our racial obsessions to feed articles like this which destroy our collective self esteem...which is low already.

I just noticed that this article was published in the UK Telegraph...a decidedly biased medium.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Dbestmax(m): 6:40pm On Jul 20, 2014
If you don't appreciate who you are den u can't make d best of...I think all my ladies should borrow a leaf from a well fulfilled Lady like Oprah Winifrey who had beta tins goin on in her mind dan worrying abt changing her skin colour..and this my sweet kenyan lady Lupita Nyongo being the first black 2 take d Oscars award home...my pop legend made it great bt loo hw he ended up..All cos of changing his skin color...So instead of thinking of how to change your skin colour to profit you..think of how to make the world see you that you're better.Its makes u last longer..tryin 2 b someonelse only makes u second to best..Originality matters..#believeDat

2 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by dimobro(m): 6:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
It has become a norm. May God help us all.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by bukatyne(f): 6:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
jojoki: Its so stupid for a woman who is black to be wasting money on tonning cream while a white woman wishes to tane her skin. what a irony of life.

Is the white woman also silly for trying to tan her skin?

Will you hear other whites chantng 'white is beautiful' to her?

An average Nigerian does not even think of self hate when bleaching sef
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by govy(m): 6:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
Most of our women want to be fair in complexion. To me that is inferiority complex.

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Adamskuty(m): 6:44pm On Jul 20, 2014
BluIvy:

Rare in Nigeria perhaps but not ibmn the the rest of Africa especially the Southern Africa.
u are making noise u inferior slave, they are more dark skin girls in ur sh1tty backwards, primitive southern Africa than lightskin girls, shall I post pics of southy girls in group u ediot?

2 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by shaboti: 6:45pm On Jul 20, 2014
Quincyolarks: when a good gyal go bleach...
mean she no hear wetin pastor dey pweach..

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by EternalBeing: 6:45pm On Jul 20, 2014
nanizle: Women bleach their skin for the same reason the they relax their hair or/and fix artificial hair. TO LOOK LIKE EUROPEANS.

Slave Mentality.

In every society, the women are the direct reflection of the men. Initially, most African women didn't wear makeup, lipstick, bleach etc. but when they notice how most African men flock after women that look bitchy, they joined the bandwagon too. I was in a cybercafe for all night browsing only to later noticed before the all night browsing began that all the computers were showing men fvcking men. I left the money I paid and went home. I was later told that guys usually fvck themselves thru d night in the cafe; a gay cafe actually, tricking innocent guys to become gays. Guys, beware! They are all out for your innocent souls. The Book of Revelations 13 and Daniel 11:37 says "...666...He shall be hater of women" Western men fell for the devil, African men fell for the western men and African women for African men. Carefree zexual immorality, homosexuality, whoredom, frivolity etc were of the western world. They sold these to us through movies, media etc. and here we are today. I shall not miss the so imminent Rapture IJN.

2 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
GUYS BEWARE!!!

The rate of which women bleach nowadays you might end up dating ur EX the second time..
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by shizzleStar: 6:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
only girls with inferiority complex bleach their skin
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by roufy235(m): 6:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
ClintonNzedimma: Will you blame them?,they wanna bleach their life out.
....Common....who are we fooling?,
I personally debunk the saying Black is Beautiful.
I believe every human being is beautiful in his/her little way.

As for me, The President Of Boyfriend Association of Nairaland, BAON,
I give a 90 day ultimatum to all girls bleaching whether to Black or Yellow to stay natural or may face Indefinite suspension.
Thank You
lols
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by tonychristopher: 6:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
personally I see these bleached women as having complex issues and self esteem challenges . I don't like bleached girls they have this offensive smell that they ooze though . its is dangerous to bleach due to chemicals etc . I think its funny then stretch marks on breast..it can turn a man off

3 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by lilmax(m): 6:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
Toppie2: Men, especially nigerians are a bunch of confused being. They tell their black girlfriends not to bleach, use weaves, shapen their eye brow and all because they love them natural, but when they sight a yellow, flashy babe with a 40 inch brazillian hair on and a perfectly shapened eye brow, their heads turn automatically and their eyeballs bulge out lyk 'a happy joystick' making u feel totally out of place! They love natural beauty only in their dreams not in reality.
inferiority complex is the answer dont blame men
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by bukatyne(f): 6:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
And because her broother wasdark, she bleached? Every sibling in a family must the same complexion?

Dude, you can do better

Going by your theory, my cousins must have dipped themselves in bleach cos their brother is very dark or I must have dipped myself in cholocate because I am the darkest in my famiy

50calibre: Black women are now completely absorbed into the world of fakery.

They fake their hair, they fake their skin, they even fake their attitudes, the real black woman is now an endangered specie.

I met a girl few months ago, she was so pale, she could easily pass for a mixed breed or even a Caucasian, then I saw her brother one day, and he was dark as night. I instantly knew her paleness was down to a chemical process.

I must say there's increasing sophistication in the bleaching cream industry. some of these products transform girls so perfectly, you can never tell she was once black.

2 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Toks2008(m): 6:58pm On Jul 20, 2014
Let the ladies continue to bleach while we niggas continue to rock.

I am black and proud. Duduyemi for life.

2 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by cashcity: 6:58pm On Jul 20, 2014
black is beautiful. lmao

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by lilmax(m): 7:00pm On Jul 20, 2014
Nobody forced them to bleach,most of them envy fair girls and thats the fact,they want to be like them thats why they bleach

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

New Miss Africa, Dorcas Kasinde's Wig Caught Fire After Getting Crowned (Video) / Black Miss Mexico, Andrea Meza Crowned Miss Universe 2021 / The Contestants For Miss Nigeria USA 2017 Beauty Pageant (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.