Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,941 members, 7,821,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) (95950 Views)

Innoson Motors Spotted At The National Assembly Complex (See Photos) / Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by eaglechild: 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
lawanson44: I go with the suggestion that Innoson should really change his logo. He should make it look somewhat like this in pure silver chrome

Nice try but ..................

Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by MadCow1: 1:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
tecmon:

He owns an intelligent brain that can build cars, and u own a diseased brain and dusty hooves grin

Wow! You could tell that from his post? grin

Anyways, he should make better use of that brain and build the car inside his head.

I own cars and wouldn't put my money into a car that depreciates superfast with no resell value.
Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by vikstandon(m): 1:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
AdeniyiA: Our corrupt, clueless,vision less nd shortsighted leaders won't see this to encourage nd support but imported ones to enhance their pockets. rubbish!
Our leaders would send soldiers to the creeks to destroy local 'illegal ' refineries but have never deemed it necessary to gather all these talents who made these refineries to build bigger ones for our use,they'd rather steal our money to build refineries in neighbouring countries to refine for us. stupid people!
They shall all perish without remedy,nd that's why they all die outside their country.
Nelson Mandela helped build his country nd died there, that was an honour.
it's even better to be shot dead or bombed in your country than dying abroad.
it's pathetic nd shameful of our leaders angry

U've spoken well... more grease and power to that ur mouth...lol

SPEAK OUT NAIJA

Na why cancer de kill them, diabetes de marry them, plane crash na their portion.
Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by texazzpete(m): 1:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
quid:
if you need safety information, simply request through the office of Innoson
Don't stay on NL and speculate about the safety of vehicles that you have never driven

Therein lies the problem. This information is readily available on Auto manufacturers websites or consumer watchdogs websites. You can even see it liberally quoted in reviews.
Why should someone have to make a request through Innoson to get information that is publicly available? Where is the certainty that any information given will be accurate or factual?

I'm sorry you don't feel this is a serious enough concern. I'm not sure what narrative you're trying to sell here, but for once, think like a consumer that makes an honest living!
Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by vikstandon(m): 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
I av continued to see some nasty comments about logo... what's wrong with IVM... consider IBM, BMW and so many, were the names not coined from somewhere... are these names not acronyms...

Innoson kudos joor! no mind all these bad belle... a beg no send these maggas... Be urself.... that's ur selling point.
Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by lukecent: 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
Asiwaju9ja: Why dem dey no show us the real thing? PHOTOSHOP images. Headlamps when go dull after the first raining season. Mtcheeeeew.
Stop hating. he just started; ford, bmw, benz all started from somewhere. there is room for improvement.
Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by IGBOSON1: 1:38pm On Jul 22, 2014
obailala: Now this is how China started... with their consistency, China now gives the rest of the developed world goose pimples..

A few good policies in place by our leaders and Nigeria will rise again...

^^^The bolded is very true! If only this momentum can be maintained, and the usual 'Nigerian factor' is not allowed to impede the growth of indigenous manufacturing companies!
Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by Billygee2u: 1:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
ugotuf:
Bros if you have truly seen other countries' first cars, like the igalas of VW, skoda, Volvo, BMW's, Benz and fords of this word, you will champion the cause for a global award for Innoson and his debuts. Do your research well.
also China's first BYD CAR
Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by Asiwaju9ja(m): 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2014
lukecent:
Stop hating. he just started; ford, bmw, benz all started from somewhere. there is room for improvement.

You never hear of technology transfer? It does not mean that because Naija want to start motor manufacturing, we go go start from 1903 where Ford start.

1 Like

Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by profGinger: 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don’t learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us haters from the North and west what do u guys have to say.
Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by ugotuf(m): 1:48pm On Jul 22, 2014
MadCow1:

I no get energy to waste my bandwidth..

Use your Google and search on Nairaland. We trashed out that matter a long time ago even showing pictures of the EXACT same car manufactured in China under a different logo.

What Innoson is doing with Cars is the same thing Many Igbo Busniess men did with Generators (I-Pass-my-neighbour) and Motorcycles like Ogbuawa and co.

So use google and search for Nairaland threads on Innoson cars and see the proof.
No country can boast of making a vehicle 100%. Open the bonnet of some cars and you will see engines with brand names of other popular manufacturers, what about that? There is always what we call borrowed or imported technology. Boeing and Airbus are aircraft manufacturing companies based in USA and France, but they both source their engines from Rolls Royce in the UK,the wings and avionics and other parts from several other countries. Even the US have some space science tech they rely on the Russians on some aspects to have a smooth and successful take off and landing. So no country can claim to be a custodian of all-round knowledge when it comes to technology and science.

1 Like

Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by 500GP: 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2014
salt1:

Information Sir!
I have seen an Innoson Bus at Maryland, Lagos
Not to make you change your mind, but just so you know

I learnt they are not meeting up with demand. They also export to Ghana

Don't buy them! That is even if you got the money

YOU MEAN GHANA THAT'S IN ECONOMY CRISIS

THE ONE YOU SAW AT MARYLAND WANTED TO OFFLOAD IBO THAT ARE COMING TO LAGOS FOR THE FIRST TIME.

#WHY IS IT THAT GEJ CHOSE NISSAN OVER INNOSON?
Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by texazzpete(m): 1:55pm On Jul 22, 2014
vikstandon: I av continued to see some nasty comments about logo... what's wrong with IVM... consider IBM, BMW and so many, were the names not coined from somewhere... are these names not acronyms...

Innoson kudos joor! no mind all these bad belle... a beg no send these maggas... Be urself.... that's ur selling point.

This is the problem with many Nigerians. Always quick to manufacture imaginary enemies...little wonder your Pastors can fleece you like sheep!

People are saying that they'd appreciate it if Innoson improves the aesthetics of the logo. Is that a sign of 'haters'? Where are the 'nasty' comments? Is there no room for positive feedback again?

1 Like

Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by IGBOSON1: 1:56pm On Jul 22, 2014
quid:
Do you test those your 20-year old tokunbo cars for safety?

^^^Don't mind him! As if he asks for safety certificate from the danfo bus conductor at Oshodi-oke before diving in through the bus window to grab the last available seat for ketu-ojota-mile12!
Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by Xano(m): 2:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
iykbethany: Innoson needs to be serious for once, how come the guy is not marketing his products on TV or even on newspapers, its only on Nairaland that you get to know about Innoson?

I have seen some black colored Innoson SUV in Abuja and Port Harcourt, I so much want to test drive one of these SUV's to know what it feels like. The ride looks rugged and powerful outside i even plan to own one by December but no one knows where their showrooms are located outside Enugu?

I was told they have lots of orders they cant even meet the high demand that's why they don't need to do any adverts, but still most Nigerians like me would like to know what this car has to offer.

Innoson should start making saloon cars that are affordable. For now it seems they only produce Buses, trucks and SUV's.

Mr. Innocent should think global and stop thinking like a local champion. He should partner with investors so he can expand his factories. I so much want to see this company succeed and will do anything to help the company grow bc this is a Nigerian brand.
i agree with you. I need the S.U.V. This is a Nigerian brand.
Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by Xano(m): 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
iykbethany: Innoson needs to be serious for once, how come the guy is not marketing his products on TV or even on newspapers, its only on Nairaland that you get to know about Innoson?

I have seen some black colored Innoson SUV in Abuja and Port Harcourt, I so much want to test drive one of these SUV's to know what it feels like. The ride looks rugged and powerful outside i even plan to own one by December but no one knows where their showrooms are located outside Enugu?

I was told they have lots of orders they cant even meet the high demand that's why they don't need to do any adverts, but still most Nigerians like me would like to know what this car has to offer.

Innoson should start making saloon cars that are affordable. For now it seems they only produce Buses, trucks and SUV's.

Mr. Innocent should think global and stop thinking like a local champion. He should partner with investors so he can expand his factories. I so much want to see this company succeed and will do anything to help the company grow bc this is a Nigerian brand.
i agree with you. I need the SUV. This is a Nigerian brand.
Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by MadCow1: 2:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
ugotuf:
No country can boast of making a vehicle 100%. Open the bonnet of some cars and you will see engines with brand names of other popular manufacturers, what about that? There is always what we call borrowed or imported technology. Boeing and Airbus are aircraft manufacturing companies based in USA and France, but they both source their engines from Rolls Royce in the UK,the wings and avionics and other parts from several other countries. Even the US have some space science tech they rely on the Russians on some aspects to have a smooth and successful take off and landing. So no country can claim to be a custodian of all-round knowledge when it comes to technology and science.

[b]This again is an effort in futility.

Ofcourse no company makes all the parts that goes into their cars. HOWEVER, Toyota designed, built and tested every car that carries their logo on it. Same for Honda, same for mercedes.

Now what Innoson is doing isnt rocket science. Many Igbo Men have been doing it with generators and motorcycles. They go into Japan, China, Malaysia, e.t.c, meet with the companies that manufacture these equipments, enter into a contract with them to manufacture same under a different brand name in Nigeria and Nigerian Market (or however many markets is covered in the deal), import these mechines in parts, assemble them at their warehouses in Onitsha, Lagos and Aba, slap on their own brand name and push it out into the Market. Thats why you see motorcycles with Innoson and Ogbuawa and co on them. Innoson simply upgraded from Bikes to Cars. Same business strategy, different product.

For Innoson to own the and boast of 'MAKING' a car, he must be the owner of the blueprint design of the car, factoring in everything that goes into designing a car including but not limited to;
- Engine design plan
- Vehicle Chasis and Body build design.
- Interior design plan
- e.t.c

So since you didnt bother doing as I advised, I will help you out and put your mind at ease; Innoson Motors Nigeria Limited is a partner of the Chinese Motor company called Dongfeng Special Vehicle Bus Co., Ltd. China. Most of Innosons cars are an exact replica of their cars with the exception of the Logos.

This topic was exhausted on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/936839/pictures-innoson-vehicle-manufacturing-company

Refer..[/b]

3 Likes

Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by 19naia(m): 2:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
Mahindra Motors from India makes cars that sell internationally but only in very cheap and low productive nations.. India has been making its own from the ground up, they are rugged design and modern looking.
But they have proven unreliable after being advertised as reliable., They have earned a reputation as always needing repair, even in the first year of new vehicle ownership.. Yes the Mahindra rugged SUV as well..

I hope Innoson can be reliable enough to withstand the 3 year warranty test.. Even if they make them very cheap to buy new, it wont offset reliability when an old used toyota or honda or nissan can be repaired and still be cheaper and more reliable than a new car with a standard like that of Mahindra motors of India.. Mahindra Made farm tractors and such for many years and they are very good machines, but the automotive branch is not as fortunate.. Was it Lamborghini or Ferrari that was originally a farm tractor company until the owner decided to invent the best performance car in the world ??

I think Innoson can at least prove well in the big bus and heavy lorry market if not its entire fleet...
Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by 19naia(m): 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
MadCow1:

[b]This again is an effort in futility.

Ofcourse no company makes all the parts that goes into their cars. HOWEVER, Toyota designed, built and tested every car that carries their logo on it. Same for Honda, same for mercedes.

Now what Innoson is doing isnt rocket science. Many Igbo Men have been doing it with generators and motorcycles. They go into Japan, China, Malaysia, e.t.c, meet with the companies that manufacture these equipments, enter into a contract with them to manufacture same under a different brand name in Nigeria and Nigerian Market (or however many markets is covered in the deal), import these mechines in parts, assemble them at their warehouses in Onitsha, Lagos and Aba, slap on their own brand name and push it out into the Market. Thats why you see motorcycles with Innoson and Ogbuawa and co on them. Innoson simply upgraded from Bikes to Cars. Same business strategy, different product.

For Innoson to own the and boast of 'MAKING' a car, he must be the owner of the blueprint design of the car, factoring in everything that goes into designing a car including but not limited to;
- Engine design plan
- Vehicle Chasis and Body build design.
- Interior design plan
- e.t.c

So since you didnt bother doing as I advised, I will help you out and put your mind at ease; Innoson Motors Nigeria Limited is a partner of the Chinese Motor company called Dongfeng Special Vehicle Bus Co., Ltd. China. Most of Innosons cars are an exact replica of their cars with the exception of the Logos.

This topic was exhausted on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/936839/pictures-innoson-vehicle-manufacturing-company

Refer..[/b]

Yes true.. This south korean company Ssang Yong makes cars that use a mix of Mercedes engines and other very reputable auto manufacturer parts.. They did design the car, but only to fit the various pre existing and time proven reliable parts from other auto manufactures.. Their cars don't sell cheap like hyundai and they do perform well and last..

[url][/url]http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SsangYong_Motor_Company

SsangYong Motor Company

Native name 쌍용자동차 주식회사
Type Public
Traded as KRX: 003620
Industry Automotive
Founded 4 March 1954[1]
Headquarters Seoul, South Korea
Area served Worldwide (except North America)
Key people Lee Yoo-il, CEO
Products Automobiles and commercial vehicles
Production output 119,142 (2012)[1]
Revenue ₩2.874 trillion (2012)[1][2]
Operating income ₩-98.12 billion (2012)[2]
Net income ₩-105.93 billion (2012)[2]
Total assets ₩1.85 trillion (2012)[2]
Total equity ₩800.66 billion (2012)[2]
Employees 4,365 (2012)[1]
Parent Mahindra & Mahindra Limited(70%)
Website smotor.com
SsangYong Motor Company
Hangul 쌍용자동차 주식회사
Hanja 雙龍自動車 株式會社
Revised Romanization Ssangyong Jadongcha Jusikhoesa
McCune–Reischauer Ssangyong Chadongch'a Chusikhoesa
SsangYong Motor Company or SsangYong Motor (Korean: 쌍용자동차, IPA: [s͈aŋjoŋ dʑadoŋtɕʰa]) is the fourth largest South Korea-based automobile manufacturer.[3] The name SsangYong means double dragons.

A 70% share of SsangYong was acquired by Indian Mahindra & Mahindra Limited, in February 2011,[4] after being named the preferred bidder in 2010 to acquire the bankruptcy-protected company.[5] Mahindra's acquisition was approved by South Korea's Free Trade Commission.[6]

Contents
History
Factories
Model lineup
See also
References
External links
Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by BotherMleeper(m): 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
Because igbos are genetically predisposed to be fraudulent, they find it almost instinctive to celebrate fraud.

These cars are sent in crates from China ready to be assembled together here. Assembly is not the same as manufacture. IVM does not fabricate, does not do R&D, and sure as heck does not manufacture a single bolt.

The guy is nothing but an assembler of prefab cheap, generic, soulless cars.

Igbos and fraudulent claims. That was how one Philip emagwaga something or other claimed to have invented supercomputing and the internet.
Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by MadCow1: 2:57pm On Jul 22, 2014
19naia:

Yes true.. This south korean company Ssang Yong makes cars that use a mix of Mercedes engines and other very reputable auto manufacturer parts.. They did design the car, but only to fit the various pre existing and time proven reliable parts from other auto manufactures.. Their cars don't sell cheap like hyundai and they do perform well and last..

[url][/url]SsangYong Motor Company
SsangYong Motor Company

Native name 쌍용자동차 주식회사
Type Public
Industry Automotive
Founded 4 March 1954[1]
Website smotor.com
SsangYong Motor Company
Hangul 쌍용자동차 주식회사
Hanja 雙龍自動車 株式會社
SsangYong Motor Company or SsangYong Motor (Korean: 쌍용자동차, IPA: [s͈aŋjoŋ dʑadoŋtɕʰa]) is the fourth largest South Korea-based automobile manufacturer.[3] The name SsangYong means double dragons.

A 70% share of SsangYong was acquired by Indian Mahindra & Mahindra Limited, in February 2011,[4] after being named the preferred bidder in 2010 to acquire the bankruptcy-protected company.[5] Mahindra's acquisition was approved by South Korea's Free Trade Commission.[6]

Contents
History
Factories
Model lineup
See also
References
External links

SsangYong Motor Company
SsangYong Motor Company

Native name 쌍용자동차 주식회사
Type Public
Industry Automotive
Founded 4 March 1954[1]
Website smotor.com
SsangYong Motor Company
Hangul 쌍용자동차 주식회사
Hanja 雙龍自動車 株式會社

Contents
History
Factories
Model lineup
See also
References
External links

Do you know the depreciation value of Chinese Cars?!

Take the Sang yong car for example.. Go and find out those who bought those cars then inNigeria and see how those cars look today.

My neighbour owns one of the Innoson SUVs and even his older Honda Pilot cars are still better.
Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by chidekings(m): 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
UrbanMystique: Op

I'm interested in the truck.

How much is it? I hope it is really affordable?

are u that greedy
Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by 19naia(m): 3:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
MadCow1:

Do you know the depreciation value of Chinese Cars?!

Take the Sang yong car for example.. Go and find out those who bought those cars then inNigeria and see how those cars look today.

My neighbour owns one of the Innoson SUVs and even his older Honda Pilot cars are still better.

I returned from Peru this year and they drive the South Korean Ssang Yong there and i saw few of them and more actual mercedes and Bmw being driven..Even many more driving the south korean Hyundai than south korean Ssang Yong.. Hyundai also has a terrible depreciation value.. I would never buy Ssangyong as it doesn't even sell where i live and i prefer Subaru myself... I saw the Chinese Dong Feng in Peru also and they looked like newer cars but made terrible noises and squeaks as they maneuvered, the sounds only an old unkept,abused Nissan ,Etc would make.. Japanese cars still rule the roads in most countries...
Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by gamechanger1: 3:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
rikamann: INNOSON MOTORS TRIED! God bless everyone who made this possible.
I so much BELIEVE IN NIGERIANS esp the Igbos (Am Yoruba but has seen works at Aba, Onitsha and Nnewi)
Nice bro, truth is we are highly gifted in this country; i for one appreciate every region/tribe cos i think every group brings something to the table
Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by successking: 3:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
MMMMM! NICE DEVELOPMENT; NAIJA ON THE PATH OF GREATNESS
Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by ScanLess: 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
cbrass:

Do Baboons live in the desert

they live in ur kitchen

Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by Chynx(m): 3:28pm On Jul 22, 2014
FotherMucker: Because igbos are genetically predisposed to be fraudulent, they find it almost instinctive to celebrate fraud.

These cars are sent in crates from China ready to be assembled together here. Assembly is not the same as manufacture. IVM does not fabricate, does not do R&grin, and sure as heck does not manufacture a single bolt.

The guy is nothing but an assembler of prefab cheap, generic, soulless cars.

Igbos and fraudulent claims. That was how one Philip emagwaga something or other claimed to have invented supercomputing and the internet.

Keep quiet MőthěrFűckèr or what ever your name is. You are riddled with jealousy, envy and hate; borne out of utter tribalism. You are a sorry case.

Like it or hug transformer; an Ibo man will always be ahead of you dumbasses (wherever you come from). It has gone down history lane that an Ibo man did it FIRST!

LIVE WITH THAT or GO AND HANG YOURSELF! grin grin grin tongue

1 Like

Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by UrbanMystique: 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
chidekings:

are u that greedy
What e you talking about undecided
Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by adedayourt(m): 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
If the Nigeria factor dosnt get to rubbish this good inovation (corruption) then Nig gov can cut dwn d quantity of imported cars.

Nig ll definatly be what we wish it to be someday, jus beconing on time to take us der fast
Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by wallex1983(m): 4:35pm On Jul 22, 2014
I don't think this company has products yet. All these are computer graphic works and not pictures
Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by johnwell(m): 4:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
wallex1983: I don't think this company has products yet. All these are computer graphic works and not pictures

They do, I spoke with their sales executive hours ago, I requested for the prices which he gave me on phone, he invited me to the factory for some business deals, I will be there next week, I will take some pictures, watch out for the thread on my visit to Innoson Plant next week.

Innoson is real!

cheers

1 Like

Re: The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) by mex551(m): 4:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=73150 the price range of the sedan cars is between 1.3m to 3m. Check out the link above

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React / I Am Considering DIY Car Painting, What Do You Think?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.