Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,889 members, 7,824,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

My Gf Accuses Me Of Not Being Jealous - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Gf Accuses Me Of Not Being Jealous (1162 Views)

Can You Love Without Being Jealous? / How To Stop Being Jealous? / Is He Being Jealous Or Possessive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Gf Accuses Me Of Not Being Jealous by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
I tell her all the time that we are adults so she should know where to draw the line with other guys

she gets angry when I don't raise an eyebrow if I see her chat with another guy, I even told her I won't stop her from talking to other guys

just because I'm dating someone doesn't mean she should cut off from all members of opposite sex, someone just bought her a handbag & I simply told her not send double message across to the guy or try to eat her cake & have it at the same time & left the matter there

She is angry that I didn't show any sign of jealousy

Pls I'm I wrong?
Re: My Gf Accuses Me Of Not Being Jealous by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hmmm, This one is strong...

2 Likes

Re: My Gf Accuses Me Of Not Being Jealous by zoeee(f): 7:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
Yes, u are...
Re: My Gf Accuses Me Of Not Being Jealous by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
no
Re: My Gf Accuses Me Of Not Being Jealous by publicenemy(m): 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
harveyspecter: I tell her all the time that we are adults so she should know where to draw the line with other guys

she gets angry when I don't raise an eyebrow if I see her chat with another guy, I even told her I won't stop her from talking to other guys

just because I'm dating someone doesn't mean she should cut off from all members of opposite sex, someone just bought her a handbag & I simply told her not send double message across to the guy or try to eat her cake & have it at the same time & left the matter there

Pls I'm I wrong?

Hahaha...I pity you...you dey look am,e dey go.

When she starts sleeping around you go stll dey look.

1 Like

Re: My Gf Accuses Me Of Not Being Jealous by experimentist: 7:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ok
Re: My Gf Accuses Me Of Not Being Jealous by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 21, 2014
zoeee: Yes, u are...

So what can I do?

My mindset is this "I have put in alot & I expect u to know that, if u mess up, I push u out" simple

If u go take a gift from someone & it backfires or u're trapped, u're ur own

Not that I told her this plainly but come to think of it, she isn't my wife so what right do I have to shield her from other guys

I'm not saying she has the liberty to date other guys but I can't stop her from being friends with other guys

If a guy is trying to cross the line she should back off immediately, that's my stand

So if u say I'm wrong, how can I make it right?
Re: My Gf Accuses Me Of Not Being Jealous by Tallesty1(m): 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
publicenemy:

Hahaha...I pity you...you dey look am,e dey go.

When she starts sleeping around you go stll dey look.
He will get another then, there are many good sisters out there.
Jealousy is an immature emotional response. Why worry your head when you trust the person?
Re: My Gf Accuses Me Of Not Being Jealous by Tymax(m): 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2014
harveyspecter: She is angry that I didn't show any sign of jealousy

Pls I'm I wrong?

Na wa o. Guy don't mind her. She wants your blood presure to rise unnecesarily. Just keep calm.

Don't be surprised if she cheats just to see your reaction. And if that happens, my brother, dump her immediately.
Re: My Gf Accuses Me Of Not Being Jealous by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
harveyspecter: I
tell her all the time that we are adults so she should know where to
draw the line with other guys

she gets angry when I don't raise an eyebrow if I see her chat with
another guy, I even told her I won't stop her from talking to other guys

just because I'm dating someone doesn't mean she should cut off from all
members of opposite sex, someone just bought her a handbag & I
simply told her not send double message across to the guy or try to eat
her cake & have it at the same time & left the matter there

Pls I'm I wrong?

This is the kinda situation that gives men the impression that women like their men to be "all controlling"
Re: My Gf Accuses Me Of Not Being Jealous by papindinho(m): 8:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
Odilafta:

This is the kinda situation that gives men the impression that women like their men to be "all controlling"

lol... And when you turn the relationship with a Laisez-faire mode of handling it gets worse than earlier presumed. She seems not to find joy in the freedom you gave her.. Perhaps she wants another go-I follow you, sit-I'll lap you guy out of you OP.
Re: My Gf Accuses Me Of Not Being Jealous by publicenemy(m): 8:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
Tallesty1: He will get another then, there are many good sisters out there.
Jealousy is an immature emotional response. Why worry your head when you trust the person?
I am not asking him to be jealous,i am askng him not to be too relaxed...nobody can be 100% trusted.

1 Like

Re: My Gf Accuses Me Of Not Being Jealous by blackfase(m): 8:49pm On Jul 21, 2014
Bru, I salute your audacious maturity & aplomb. Believe me its absolute maturity on display here. I dare say I gat the same mindset on these issues & I tend to stick with this particular line of action or reaction (as d case maybe) that you have adopted.

Your womans reaction to your aloofness is natural & expected. If I caught a hint in your post right, you.ve kinda somewhat invested in her or your relationship which sorta gives you a particular leverage.
On the surface, it raises some false flag your not really into her or you got some side-chics thats why your not bothered enough about her keeping other "potential contenders" as chums. But if you truly love her, thers the imperative to continue to subtly draw a line albeit reign in to discourage her from receiving gifts as could end up as some preface to someone getting a different idea. Temptation takes different shapes too....& we all still human smiley

harveyspecter:

So what can I do?

My mindset is this "I have put in alot & I expect u to know that, if u mess up, I push u out" simple

If u go take a gift from someone & it backfires or u're trapped, u're ur own

Not that I told her this plainly but come to think of it, she isn't my wife so what right do I have to shield her from other guys

I'm not saying she has the liberty to date other guys but I can't stop her from being friends with other guys

If a guy is trying to cross the line she should back off immediately, that's my stand

So if u say I'm wrong, how can I make it right?
Re: My Gf Accuses Me Of Not Being Jealous by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
[quote
author=papindinho] lol... And when you turn the relationship with a
Laisez-faire mode of handling it gets worse than earlier presumed. She
seems not to find joy in the freedom you gave her.. Perhaps she wants
another go-I follow you, sit-I'll lap you guy out of you OP.[/quote]

Can we......?
Re: My Gf Accuses Me Of Not Being Jealous by papindinho(m): 9:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
Odilafta:

Can we......?
why not?
Re: My Gf Accuses Me Of Not Being Jealous by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
blackfase:

Bru, I salute your audacious maturity & aplomb. Believe me its absolute maturity on display here. I dare say I gat the same mindset on these issues & I tend to stick with this particular line of action or reaction (as d case maybe) that you have adopted.

Your womans reaction to your aloofness is natural & expected. If I caught a hint in your post right, you.ve kinda somewhat invested in her or your relationship which sorta gives you a particular leverage.
On the surface, it raises some false flag your not really into her or you got some side-chics thats why your not bothered enough about her keeping other "potential contenders" as chums. But if you truly love her, thers the imperative to continue to subtly draw a line albeit reign in to discourage her from receiving gifts as could end up as some preface to someone getting a different idea. Temptation takes different shapes too....& we all still human smiley

I get u, no side chicks, if u as a lady knows that ur guy loves u & has proven it several times, do u need an extra guide in drawing the lines/marking boundaries

I can't just wrap my head around telling a lady not to accept gifts, rides etc all because she is dating me I'm I the only male non related individual in her life, u never can tell where help could come from

I can't engage in a physical fight for a woman. I haven't paid bride price for
Re: My Gf Accuses Me Of Not Being Jealous by supereasy(m): 11:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
harveyspecter:

I get u, no side chicks, if u as a lady knows that ur guy loves u & has proven it several times, do u need an extra guide in drawing the lines/marking boundaries

I can't just wrap my head around telling a lady not to accept gifts, rides etc all because she is dating me I'm I the only male non related individual in her life, u never can tell where help could come from

I can't engage in a physical fight for a woman. I haven't paid bride price for
. I salute this Guy, me like u gaan oo. If u don't mind, u can be my friend 26A57BCA

(1) (Reply)

Help:i Think She Fled With My Baby / How will You React If Your partner decides not to show up on your Wedding Day / Slim Or Robust Girl, Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.