Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,393 members, 7,954,572 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:56 PM

My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name (8450 Views)

Wife Insists That Husband Must Use Condom Before They Have Sex / My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him / Still Bearing Your Maiden Name After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 22, 2014
alutacontinua:

why the thing come dey hot your body like this? cheesy
abi your wife don join her maiden name to your name? cheesy cheesy

op, if my hubby's last name ain't sexy enough for my liking smiley wink cheesy lipsrsealed undecided, you know names like 'Ajala, oriyomi, etc etc', well, I'll have to go with my ever-sexy father name cool

Very funny. Lol.
Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by coogar: 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
alutacontinua:
why the thing come dey hot your body like this? cheesy
abi your wife don join her maiden name to your name? cheesy cheesy

no need to get salty about my opinion. no woman i have come across can try such nonsense with me.

op, if my hubby's last name ain't sexy enough for my liking smiley wink cheesy lipsrsealed undecided, you know names like 'Ajala, oriyomi, etc etc', well, I'll have to go with my ever-sexy father name cool

and i will have to move you & your ghana-must-go to your ever-sexy father's house.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
Coogar,releasing venom since 1985. grin grin

Dude,when are you coming back to politics section? The world cup is over as you promised. sad

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by coogar: 9:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
berem: Coogar,releasing venom since 1985. grin grin

Dude,when are you coming back to politics section? The world cup is over as you promised. sad

true that!
anytime this week......i am well prepared now. i have been doing a lot of reading of the political terrain in nigeria. you shall be welcoming me soon.
Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 22, 2014
coogar:

true that!
anytime this week......i am well prepared now. i have been doing a lot of reading of the political terrain in nigeria. you shall be welcoming me soon.
ok o! I shall be waiting for you there. cool
Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 22, 2014
coogar:

no need to get salty about my opinion. no woman i have come across can try such nonsense with me.

and i will have to move you & your ghana-must-go to your ever-sexy father's house.

what is ghana-must-go? Is that what your wife uses? If person hear how he dey shout 'my name' up and down, you go think say the name get enough money attached to it in bank. cheesy na ghana-must-go the name fit afford cheesy tongue
Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by ireneidiva(f): 9:50pm On Jul 22, 2014
Bigsteveg: This is for a friend.

"I've been married for seven months now and I'm bearing my husband's name alongside my father's name. My husband doesn't like it and is insisting I bear his name only and remove my father's name but that's hard for me because I've used my father's name professionally for over ten years and that's the name everyone knows. Why can't a woman retain her maiden name after marriage? What do I do, he's really insisting."

Can u allow ur wife to retain her maiden name after marriage?
Women, what if ur husband insist that you shouldn't, what will you do?
Its not for a friend. You copied this from linda ikeji's blog!
Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by coogar: 9:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
alutacontinua:

what is ghana-must-go? Is that what your wife uses? If person hear how he dey shout 'my name' up and down, you go think say the name get enough money attached to it in bank. cheesy na ghana-must-go the name fit afford cheesy tongue

ghana-must-go is a general symbol for your luggage be it fendi or louis vuitton. the crux of the issue is - you are staying a considerable length of time with your parents for more adult classes. 13 weeks(one semester) should straighten you out.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by cococandy(f): 9:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
coogar:

whoever said there aren't weak men around? of course there are. weak people are everywhere.

name isn't to mark ownership - it's about following the guidelines of the marriage tradition. she should have married herself.

force is out of it!
it's an optional thing.....take it or leave it. there must be plenty of women out there that will take the offer.

falling in love is the easiest part & yes, nearly all of them are excellent wife materials.

even now, it's not too late.....
he should just drive her back to her father's house and ask his MIL whether she kept her own maiden name. if the answer is no, he should dump the wife there for more home training. she must have skipped some while growing up. 13 weeks of staying with her parents will reset her brain.
Marriage tradition brought to you by the west?

Well there's no arguing with you coogar.
Make I park for one corner.
Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
coogar:

ghana-must-go is a general symbol for your luggage be it fendi or louis vuitton. the crux of the issue is - you are staying a considerable length of time with your parents for more adult classes. 13 weeks(one semester) should straighten you out.

well, thank Jesus my hubby doesn't think this way.
there are far more important things to flex muscle on smiley
Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by coogar: 10:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
cococandy:

marriage tradition brought to us by our forefathers. children bear the names of their fathers, wives bear the names of their husbands. that was the tradition.

alutacontinua:
well, thank Jesus my hubby doesn't think this way. there are far more important things to flex muscle on smiley

in your shoes, i would be wary why he's not bothered. are you sure he doesn't know you stand to gain £10m inheritance passed to you by your grandparents? if he does know then there's a motive behind not flexing his muscles. grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by Bigsteveg(m): 10:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
ireneidiva:
Its not for a friend. You copied this from linda ikeji's blog!

QUESTION;
How are u sure that i dont know the person involved/concerned from linda, abi wetin u call am?

CONCLUSION;
Dont always be too 4ward, talk directly to whateva being asked and always stay calm.

LESSON;
No dey use panadol for anoda man headache.

Xpecting ur reply, am kinda free..i av time for u.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by Bigsteveg(m): 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
OmoAlata1: Why are Nigerian men so insecured? what is the big deal about keeping one's maiden name? I am so tired of this nonsense

Y did u choose d name OmoAlata(pepper seller)? Wot sort of name is that? People will not take u serious now,
Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by Bigsteveg(m): 10:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
damiso: Some things are best not assumed."babes when we get married I want to keep my maiden name" then they discuss it.if it is such a big issue where no one wants to compromise then you go your separate ways.

But women the world over take their husbands names naa? How does this now make Nigerian men in particular insecure? I agree if your name is a brand and all but I don't think it's insecurity.its more something they should have talked about and agreed before marriage.some men don't mind but seems she picked one that does.She should have looked for one who does not mind.that's what courting is for.

THANK YOU
Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by maingwaest(f): 10:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
HA women with orisirisi wahala.
Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by Bigsteveg(m): 10:40pm On Jul 22, 2014
cococandy: That's your POV and it is wrong.

There must be too many weak men around if we agree with you.

Some men don't mind and some know that there's more to marriage than flexing muscles and trying to use a name to mark ownership.

I don't even see how one can be forced on a name that he's not the one bearing,so the issue of force doesn't apply to him.

Too many pebbles on the beach grin are you in love with all of them? Or any of them will do for marriage?

I agree anyway that it is something that should be discussed before the wedding.

I disagree with u wen u said "name cant be forced"....well apart from the force part, d normal thing is she should drop her father's name and take on her husband, if in anycase she want to hold on to her father name, i think she should av discussed such with her husband b4 marriage not after and if they are both okay with it, then fine.....my opinion tho
Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by Bigsteveg(m): 10:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
coogar:

grin grin grin
Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by Bigsteveg(m): 10:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
cococandy:

Dat tradition wasn't brought by the West, it has being in existence since
Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by Bigsteveg(m): 10:49pm On Jul 22, 2014
alutacontinua:

well, thank Jesus my hubby doesn't think this way.
there are far more important things to flex muscle on smiley

Maybe u should try raise the idea of keeping ur maiden name and lets see his reaction.....abeg, give us feedback o. Thanks.
Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by beeevan: 10:56pm On Jul 22, 2014
If you can't take on your husband 's name, then stay single , must everything be an issue?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by lilmax(m): 12:09am On Jul 23, 2014
Smh,shey na divorce she dey find? Most Nigerian women think they are smart,its either she obey or park out SIMPLE
Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by ireneidiva(f): 2:00am On Jul 23, 2014
Bigsteveg:

QUESTION;
How are u sure that i dont know the person involved/concerned from linda, abi wetin u call am?

CONCLUSION;
Dont always be too 4ward, talk directly to whateva being asked and always stay calm.

LESSON;
No dey use panadol for anoda man headache.

Xpecting ur reply, am kinda free..i av time for u.
Nah, I'm not jobless like you. You copied this. We both know. Bye!

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by jumzzy448: 2:22am On Jul 23, 2014
beeevan: If you can't take on your husband 's name, then stay single , must everything be an issue?

Ciest fini. Case closed.

BTW, coogar is on fire mehnnnn.
Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by Nobody: 2:55am On Jul 23, 2014
Bigsteveg:

Maybe u should try raise the idea of keeping ur maiden name and lets see his reaction.....abeg, give us feedback o. Thanks.

A perfect gentleman kiss
It's a relationship, not DICTATORSHIP. I get to bear whichever name I want smiley

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by Afam4eva(m): 4:36am On Jul 23, 2014
I saw this on Linda Ikeji and i'm like, what is wrong with some women sef? Why do they just like concocting unnecessary troubles for themselves especially in relationships and marriage and later they'll start crying fowl. So, her maiden name is now soo precious to her that she can afford to lose her marriage because of it. Why did she marry at all. She should have stayed in her father's house and keep bearing his name since it's soo important to her. That husband should divorce asap if she doesn't bulge. Nonsense woman.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by priest2u(m): 4:44am On Jul 23, 2014
Sophyrocks: Why didnt they discuss this issue before getting hitched? Different strokes for different folks. Some men do not mind.
sorry I had to call your attention smiley Hope you are following the thread, I have not seen any man that don't care o. I've asked most of my friends both married and unmarried they all want their wives to drop the maiden name.my sister are u married? If you are , did your husband care? If you are still searching make sure u ask your intending husband o, but I advice you if you really love him don't even ask him just be ready to drop ur maiden name. shallom

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by beeevan: 6:20am On Jul 23, 2014
jumzzy448:

Ciest fini. Case closed.

BTW, coogar is on fire mehnnnn.

I pity that Utuku woman that won't take on both coogar 's first, second name and middle name grin cheesy.
Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 23, 2014

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by flyingdutchman(m): 7:40am On Jul 23, 2014
OmoAlata1: Why are Nigerian men so insecured? what is the big deal about keeping one's maiden name? I am so tired of this nonsense
Marry yourselves! She probably hooked the man with pregnancy claims after desperately fighting off other women...
Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by flyingdutchman(m): 7:48am On Jul 23, 2014
Notice that most of the women posting to support retaining maiden names are 'exposed' yoruba girls. The Akwa ibom, hausas, igbos (my wife inclusive) are local women right? #yimu. "Ajoke Dasilva-Adegoke; Bisi Orimolade-Jacobs bla bla bla...you are delusional! And your excuse? "my father's name is a brandname, it is famous"

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 23, 2014
priest2u:
sorry I had to call your attention smiley Hope you are following the thread, I have not seen any man that don't care o. I've asked most of my friends both married and unmarried they all want their wives to drop the maiden name.my sister are u married? If you are , did your husband care? If you are still searching make sure u ask your intending husband o, but I advice you if you really love him don't even ask him just be ready to drop ur maiden name. shallom

The fact that you have not seen such men does not mean they dnt exist. You know deep down that there are men who dnt mind if not we won't have women still combining their maiden and husband's names together till today. No need pretending to feign ignorance on the issue. I still insist that such an issue should have been discussed before marriage.
Re: My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name by Godmystrength: 8:49am On Jul 23, 2014
I am not for against any of the method adopted so far it works for them. According to the OP, the woman wants to retain her maiden name and still take up her Hubby's name as well. eg some Adenike Abiola Adewale got married to Mr Olusola Ayanlowo. According to what all the men are saying here, after marriage she is suppose to become Mrs Adenike Abiola Ayanlowo. Some women want to be Adenike Abiola Adewale-Ayanlowo. If the husband does not want his name hyphenated with maiden name, is she allowed to drop one of her own middle name and take her maiden name to be her middle name to then become Mrs Adenike Adewale Ayanlowo?

cc: coogar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help My Husband's Addiction Is Really Killing Me. / Is It Right For Your Wife To Go Through Your Phone Records? / What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.