Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,386 members, 7,958,084 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:37 AM

Only A Third Of Nigerians Are Poor- Says World Bank - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only A Third Of Nigerians Are Poor- Says World Bank (18128 Views)

71% Anambra People Are Poor, Says Igbuzor / Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari / Boko Haram Not Poor, Says CAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only A Third Of Nigerians Are Poor- Says World Bank by russello: 5:46pm On Jul 23, 2014
kmariko:

how do you know

Maybe he's omniscient!
...and he can even tell how many poor people are in my family
Re: Only A Third Of Nigerians Are Poor- Says World Bank by Yungmilio2(m): 5:47pm On Jul 23, 2014
kpolli: 55.9 million is still too high... I do not think that many Nigerians are poor...
These people need to stop directly converting naira to dollar and look at the standard of living factor while converting...
lol
why you think say dollar never they equivalent to pound
the tin get procedures made
nah our government Cuz am
Re: Only A Third Of Nigerians Are Poor- Says World Bank by Yungmilio2(m): 6:00pm On Jul 23, 2014
atlwireles:

Yes, I know we are talking about Nigeria. I wanted you to tell us how many people in the developed world can do what you asked. Build or buy a 2 bedroom flat without credit.
okay. I get your point
I was only using 2bedroom flat
how many Nigerians own a self con? lol
in Canada... I am sure 80% of Canadians (excluding children and teenagers) can own or build a self con without credit.. and only few are unemployed
now in Nigeria how many Nigerians can build a self con without credits? 40%
how many are employed?
so you can reason from my own point of view.. I also reason with you
I love my country. truly we are developing
but they should stop deceiving us with all the false statistics
we Nigerians are the ones developing our country individually
the government are only making things worst...
Re: Only A Third Of Nigerians Are Poor- Says World Bank by JEITO: 6:06pm On Jul 23, 2014
Noctec: As in 1/3? You mean 100 million people are comfortable?
Don't you spend more than a dollar a day?
Re: Only A Third Of Nigerians Are Poor- Says World Bank by continentalceo(m): 7:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
BrAkingNews: world bank throwing garbages since 1900. So tell me, what do they know about Nigeria? As for me, about 2/3 Nigerians are poor.

IF NOT FOR MUSIC!!!
IF NOT 4 MUSIC, Timaya will be hawking
plantain in
traffic...
IF NOT 4 MUSIC, Mode9 will be a bouncer
in parties...
IF NOT 4 MUSIC, Wizkid will still be in
SS3...
IF NOT 4 MUSIC, Iyanya will be a weight
lifter...
IF NOT 4 MUSIC, don Jazzy will be a drug
dealer...
IF NOT 4 MUSIC, ice prince and MI will still
be in jos facing
Boko haram
IF NOT 4 MUSIC, P-square will be dancing
break dance in
weddings..
IF NOT 4 MUSIC, Davido will still be
writting Waec...
IF NOT 4 MUSIC, Olamide will be picking
pocket...
IF NOT 4 MUSIC, Muna will remain in
modeling...
IF NOT 4 MUSIC, Lagbaja will be a native
doctor...
IF NOT 4 MUSIC, Tiwa savage will be
ash*...
IF NOT 4 MUSIC, Ty Bello will be a
photographer...
IF NOT 4 MUSIC, wande coal will be
advertising Dudu Osun
Seriously
IF NOT 4 MUSIC, terry G will b a bus
conductor...
IF NOT 4 MUSIC, 9ice will be a yoruba
teacher
IF NOT 4 MUSIC, Steel would have been a
photographer.
IF NOT 4 MUSIC, Danfo Drivers would have
been a bus
driver,
IF NOT 4 MUSIC, Olu maintain would have
been working in
a cyber cafe,
IF NOT 4 MUSIC, Nigga raw would have
bin selling Cd
plates at Alaba market,
IF NOT 4 MUSIC, Oritse femi would have
been selling
phones at computer village,
IF NOT 4 MUSIC, D'banj would have gone
for talent hunt
alone nd played his hopeless mouth organ,
If not 4 music..phyno wud av bin an igbo
teacher
If not for music,fella 4 be native doctor or
igbo seller
Lmao
PLEASE ADD UR OWN!!!
Don't spoil the fun.

IF NOT FOR MUSIC..patoranking for be Truck pusher .
Re: Only A Third Of Nigerians Are Poor- Says World Bank by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
Akinsnaira: Gej, his cohorts and the bootlickers will do anything possible just to justify his re-run for the second time. Visiting chibok yesterday after 99days the kidnapping took place, and this coming to us today (only one-third of nigerians are poor, @Latest joke of the 21st century), we are waiting for more Oga jona.

Don't be surprised if this man declare himself to run for the second term in the next few weeks or months
You are sad and pained that only a third of Nigerians are poor aren't you? Well it's ur business if you chose to be poor but I know there's no poor person in my family. Me and my brothers are doing very well and giving our now retired old mum a better life. It may not be down to Jonathan but that my two youngest brothers were able to secure well paying employment during Jonathan's time is enough reason why the whole family is rooting for him. If your family wants to remain poor as you wish, your wahala.
Re: Only A Third Of Nigerians Are Poor- Says World Bank by kmariko: 8:37pm On Jul 23, 2014
Yungmilio2:
okay. I get your point
I was only using 2bedroom flat
how many Nigerians own a self con? lol
in Canada... I am sure 80% of Canadians (excluding children and teenagers) can own or build a self con without credit.. and only few are unemployed
now in Nigeria how many Nigerians can build a self con without credits? 40%
how many are employed?
so you can reason from my own point of view.. I also reason with you
I love my country. truly we are developing
but they should stop deceiving us with all the false statistics
we Nigerians are the ones developing our country individually
the government are only making things worst...

You are factually wrong

1. Most ..over 90% of homes in Canada are mortgage...Mortgage means in laymans terms...loans to help one buy a house..
2. Unemployment in Canada is high...thats why a lot of there professionals ( Dr and pharmacists) are in USA. Most other grads move to Asian to teach English.. Or the middle east as healthcare professionals or teachers

Please try to learn more about the country you live in.

2 Likes

Re: Only A Third Of Nigerians Are Poor- Says World Bank by Akinsnaira: 8:48pm On Jul 23, 2014
APContherun:
You are sad and pained that only a third of Nigerians are poor aren't you? Well it's ur business if you chose to be poor but I know there's no poor person in my family. Me and my brothers are doing very well and giving our now retired old mum a better life. It may not be down to Jonathan but that my two youngest brothers were able to secure well paying employment during Jonathan's time is enough reason why the whole family is rooting for him. If your family wants to remain poor as you wish, your wahala.

Suffering and Smiling

Carry on, Bro
Re: Only A Third Of Nigerians Are Poor- Says World Bank by Yungmilio2(m): 9:07pm On Jul 23, 2014
kmariko:

You are factually wrong

1. Most ..over 90% of homes in Canada are mortgage...Mortgage means in laymans terms...loans to help one buy a house..
2. Unemployment in Canada is high...thats why a lot of there professionals ( Dr and pharmacists) are in USA. Most other grads move to Asian to teach English.. Or the middle east as healthcare professionals or teachers

Please try to learn more about the country you live in.
okay
have heard you
thanks for the enlightenment
unemployment in Canada is high..
Re: Only A Third Of Nigerians Are Poor- Says World Bank by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2014
Akinsnaira:

Suffering and Smiling

Carry on, Bro
I live a good life and refuse to be poor. If you are suffering and smiling sorry I cant help you.
Re: Only A Third Of Nigerians Are Poor- Says World Bank by manck: 1:07am On Jul 24, 2014
angry
Re: Only A Third Of Nigerians Are Poor- Says World Bank by tpia5: 1:36am On Jul 24, 2014
that would be nice if they're sure its accurate.

the figure is probably higher.
Re: Only A Third Of Nigerians Are Poor- Says World Bank by Nobody: 2:49am On Jul 24, 2014
IjogzK: I use to laugh when people say the quote "When over half of Nigerians go to bed hungry" it is so absurd to say that. Most Nigerians do not go to bed hungry. It's virtually impossible to go hungry self. Most Yoruba would most likely resort to extortion either by the road side or omo-onile, Ibo's would always see someone from the East to accommodate them while they learn trade and gain their freedom, while Broke Hausa or Northern peeps would always turn to a corner of the road side to beg.

Everybody gets hooked up somehow, Yahoo boys are Yahooing, Ritualist are busy killing, Robbers are Robbing, Police n LASTMA keeps extorting while the new set of law enforcers "SARS" are busy scamming Fraudsters aka Yahoo boys instead of arresting them.

U just defined Nigeria.
Re: Only A Third Of Nigerians Are Poor- Says World Bank by Kalvan: 3:38am On Jul 24, 2014
33% of their population are suffering under poverty and they're celebrating. Lol!!!!
Re: Only A Third Of Nigerians Are Poor- Says World Bank by Ijaya123: 7:22am On Jul 24, 2014
Really? And this is coming from the same World Bank that came out ę few months ago to state that Nigeria is among the 10 poorest countries in the world.
All these statistics are becoming meaniless.
Re: Only A Third Of Nigerians Are Poor- Says World Bank by salt1: 2:23pm On Jul 24, 2014
Panter215: Is 55m not still much. 55m poor people is like saying everybody in Ghana are poor. The whole of people living in Togo, Benin, Niger plus Chad are poor. My people wake up.

Will you help us wake them up? They say more than half of them live in NE and NW. And I think so.

Even though the richest African, Dangote, is from the North, their apathy to Western education is not helping matters. Can you imagine if 100,000 had just a tiny fraction of what Dangote alone controls. Those two regions spoil all Nigeria's stats on education, health, wealth and security
Will you persuade them to accept Western education? This is not just about getting education to secure salary jobs, but to improve on their health, agric practices etc.
Re: Only A Third Of Nigerians Are Poor- Says World Bank by salt1: 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ijaya123: Really? And this is coming from the same World Bank that came out ę few months ago to state that Nigeria is among the 10 poorest countries in the world.
All these statistics are becoming meaniless.

Truly?
Are you allergic to good news?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Militants Bomb Oil Pipeline In Warri / Okechukwu Enelamah Visits Proforce Vehicles (Photos) / Gunmen Storm Akpabio’s Country Home – Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.