Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border (17234 Views)

LIVE UPDATES On Anambra Supplementary Election / Liveupdate On Anambra Election From The 21 Local Government-pls No Comments / Over 40 Killed In Renewed Nasarawa Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by numericalguy(m): 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2014
Grizza: is
really funy what is happening in dis two states, am from rivers state
and i think north has no oil, how come? where were kogi when anambra was
installing that plant?

Just because you went and built a house on someone's land does not automatically make the land yours.
Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by numericalguy(m): 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2014
Konmight: This is the secod time they are attacking Igbos, no one is making noise now. People would make noise when Igbos retaliated.

FG is working on this case, so why can't Kogi people wait for FG to resolve the issue? Why are they in haste to go to war? They should remember their state is landlocked and FG can always deploy troops to deal with their excesses.

FG should resolve this issue before 2015 election, it's important they do.

RIP to the dead and I wish the injured quick recovery. Saw them on ChannelsTV when Obiano went to see them.

Life is good with or without crude oil.

God Bless Nigeria.

Cheers.

If only you could read, you would have seen where the OP said it was the ibos that first went back on their word by going back to the disputed region first. But you wouldn't know that since your sense or reasoning has been clouded by emotions.

mumu ode idoata akuya
Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 23, 2014
numericalguy:

If only you could read, you would have seen where the OP said it was the ibos that first went back on their word by going back to the disputed region first. But you wouldn't know that since your sense or reasoning has been clouded by emotions.

mumu ode idoata akuya

So, they had to attack them cos they went to the place.

You don't have to call me names before you make your point known.

Thanks and God Bless.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by RareDiamond: 6:18pm On Jul 23, 2014
At the last meeting chaired by the Director General of the
National Boundary Commission, Dr. M.B. Ahmad, with the
deputy governors of the two states and a representative of
the surveyor general of the federation in attendance, it was
noted that the Anambra/Kogi interstate boundary was the
boundary of the former Northern and Eastern regions described in the legal notice No 126 of 1954. However, the people of Kogi were said to be insisting that
despite the demarcated boundary between the old Kabba
and old Onitsha provinces, the oil deposits in Omambala
River belong to them.

[b]THIS GOES TO PROVES THAT THE BOUNDARY DEMARCATION HAVE BEEN COMPLETED BY NBC AND THE OIL WELLS CLEARLY IN ANAMBRA STATE BUT THE KOGI PEOPLE ARE INSISTING THAT DESPITE THE DEMARCATION USING THE MAP OF NIGERIA, LEGAL NOTICE 126 OF 1954, MAP OF ONITSHA AND KABBA PROVINCE THE OIL WELLS BELONG TO THEM.

Anambra governor spoke when a delegation from Awka Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture paid him a courtesy call recently at the government house Awka, where he also revealed that when Orient Petroleum is completed, it would produce an initial capacity of twenty thousand barrels of oil per day which would attract oil and gas industries to the state.
The Governor also said that the government will also take steps to enroll the state into the membership of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), even as the boundary adjustment with Kogi State is almost completed which has made it clear that the oil wells were in Anambra State. He affirmed that the state would soon approach the National Assembly for necessary legal framework to enable the state enjoy the benefits of being an oil producing state.
[/b]
http://orientnewspaper.com/i-have-the-will-zeal-and-determination-to-rid-anambra-of-criminals-chief-willie-obiano/

Ahmad said that the commission`s technical committee met with the Anambra and Kogi officials in 2013 to resolve the boundary disputes.
He said that a joint field team was constituted to begin the tracing and provisional demarcation of the boundary.

He said that the team had traced about 75 per cent of the boundary before it was stalled because access to the river Anambra was blocked by water hyacinth. This is as at 2013.

http://www.hallmarknews.com/nbc-to-fast-track-demarcation-of-ebon%E2%80%8Byi-cross-river-boundary/
Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by anago18(m): 6:48pm On Jul 23, 2014
MadCow1: They Killed four of my People.. angry

We shall wipe off that State from the Map of Nigeria and make that land as desolate as Grenoble.. angry

Chukwudi.. Go Backyard, check inside store, bring out my Ogbunigwe.. Time for Battle approaches.. angry

illiterate it's Chernobyl and not the nonsense you wrote.....so much from an empty chest beater. I think your granny didn't support your parents marriage because your poppa from rivers was regarded as an outcast. why the attache by force mate.
Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by IGBOSON1: 7:03pm On Jul 23, 2014
dozzzybaba: You are a Dumbfvck.

Save your rant for Governor Fashola or all the omo onile and Agberos in Lagos. I'v got limited business with that.

I and my Ibaji brothers are about to violently flush you out of our soil. The Oil wells doesnt belong to you. Igboland has no oil, igboland is cursed with erosion

You can tell governor willie obiano to come over and defend his aguleri kinsmen, we'l also fall him with our poisoned arrows

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin

This one i'm quoting would side with Lucifer himself if it meant giving Igbos a bloody nose!

Fellow 'compatriot' i dey greet oh! wink
Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by IGBOSON1: 7:10pm On Jul 23, 2014
Malawian: is it not this same igala people that were trying to give us free land some time ago?

^^^Bros, that was a Poisoned Chalice....a Trojan Horse.....a Greek Gift! smiley
Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by mentorandfriend(m): 8:03pm On Jul 23, 2014
BrAkingNews: what is happening to Nigerians? Must we be killing ourselves?

PHOTOS: Naija Babe Leaks Na’k3d Pics On Social Media
>>>> http://www./entertainment/naija-babe-leaks-nak3d-pics-on-social-media/
Are you ok? We're talking of breakdown of law and order in this country; talking about loss of precious lives and you're talking of naked women. That's the height if wickedness.

1 Like

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by Malawian(m): 8:24pm On Jul 23, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Bros, that was a Poisoned Chalice....a Trojan Horse.....a Greek Gift! smiley
how they went from trying to give us some of their excess land to trying to take our meager land is still a marvel.

1 Like

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by Malawian(m): 8:29pm On Jul 23, 2014
dozzzybaba: What is this Neanderthal saying?

ANAMBRA IS NO MANS LAND, THE OIL DOES NOT BELONG TO THE IBOS.

" dozzzybaba " , wait until dozzybaba catch you impersonating him, you will find yourself off towards ogbomosho with gbegiri dripping from your mouth. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by MadCow1: 8:37pm On Jul 23, 2014
anago18:

illiterate it's Chernobyl and not the nonsense you wrote.....so much from an empty chest beater. I think your granny didn't support your parents marriage because your poppa from rivers was regarded as an outcast. why the attache by force mate.

undecided

2 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by emmygod: 8:56pm On Jul 23, 2014
where is Agureri warriors? You know how to fight your sister umuleri but cant fight your enermy at doorstep
Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by anago18(m): 9:10pm On Jul 23, 2014
MadCow1:

undecided

fvckhead come battle now like a real man. and let me exterminate you for charity. you waste of spperm.
Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by MadCow1: 9:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
anago18:

fvckhead come battle now like a real man. and let me exterminate you for charity. you waste of spperm.

On a thread about death?! Show some respect.

I know you are still sore from the other thread.

I will not indulge you any further.

5 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by anago18(m): 9:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
MadCow1:

On a thread about death?! Show some respect.

I know you are still sore from the other thread.

I will not indulge you any further.

who cares!!!!! sore? where you ran when my ammo was piercing your melanin and keratin..... you are obviously high on your own feaces. american rapper odb must have been reading your family biography when he choose his stage name old dirty bassstard.

1 Like

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by ak47mann(m): 12:11am On Jul 24, 2014
dozzzybaba: Ode inu igbo.

Take your sermon to the next Igala warrior who is about to chop off the neck of one of your coward aguleri ibo brother.

You are ignorant. Kogi state is a heterogeneous state it isnt homogeneous. There are more than one ethnic group that constitute Kogi and not only the Igala's, albeit their territory is the one in contention here
This is why flood is killing you people because of your evil and wicked heart how can God save yorubaland from flood killings curse land hope you enjoy it, am enjoying it cool
hahahahah Death toll rises to 15

The city of Ibadan recorded another tragedy on Saturday after a downpour.

According to eyewitnesses, some residents lost their lives in the flood that swept Carpet bus stop at Galilee area of Olodo on Saturday.

The torrential rainfall which began around 6.00 p.m, lasted about two hours, flooding the highway, especially the roads connecting the entire Olodo and Iwo road, Ibadan.

An eyewitness in a phone conversation with the Sunday Tribune around 8.15 p.m said those who drowned in the flood could not be saved because of its strong current. He added that “as of the time I am calling, firefighters were yet to save any life, but they were frantically trying to save lives’.

3 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by kinggenesis(m): 3:04am On Jul 24, 2014
#Rubbish

Ibaji me ki je no.
Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by android666: 7:13am On Jul 24, 2014
tsolz84: Bear hugs*..please accept my unreserved apologies;u owe me none signor..#nuf respekt#
awww.... .I think am gonna cry...

8 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 24, 2014
ak47mann: dozzybaba go suck ur mother ewu yorobam cool

Oga i'm not yolobam, i've warned the wannabe impostor "do zzz ybaba" from the muddyland of agbofieti to desist from perambulating the cyberspace with my moniker.

2 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 24, 2014
Gives him/her handkerchief*... cheesy
android666:
awww.... .I think am gonna cry...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Govs On Assets: We Won’t Follow Buhari’s Example / South-east Amalgamated Market Traders Association Of Nig Visits PMB .PICS. / Malami: FG Not After Twitter Users, But Those Aiding Twitter To Flout Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.