Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! (30150 Views)

Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely / Three Of 10 Men Are Not Fathers Of Their ‘kids’, Says DNA Expert / Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by kennethology(m): 2:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
Hmmmmmmmm.notice me! The owner of the world created and issues orders to man alone.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Bigsteveg(m): 2:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
kulyie: I was already expecting people like you tongue

I knew your head will be standing up in raging anger tongue

that it was even a man that typed it makes it more sweet. At least I will see whether they will call him feminist tongue

op get ready because you have just stepped on FRAGILE EGOS grin

How are u sure the op is a man, its a faceless forum now. Abi na ur brother?
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
femilicious:

OMG, OMG, OMG, if I was single I would marry you this instant
I pray ur husband see's this, only then would you realize how silly you are. fantasizing about a stranger who u know nothing about and ranking him above someone who ure married to. that's just plain silly

2 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by tuffgongjo(m): 2:07pm On Jul 27, 2014
coogar:

i thought it better to hear from the horse's mouth. losing 5 siblings is a monumental heart-shattering experience. if we add that to the abuses you suffered as a child then i think there's a justifiable excuse for you to be insane.
this gat me cracking,Fatality to badt.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by tomiobj(m): 2:10pm On Jul 27, 2014
shizzleStar: 'I pray you fall into river niger and drown'

'I pray you go to hell'

'I come against you with all my might'

'I still wish you bad'

'Woe unto you'

With quotes such as the above, you just ended up ranting like a lunatic, you've just given yourself away as some frustrated, miserable and pathetic fellow looking for somewhere to drown his/her sorrows fortunately but sadly too, nairaland has enough room for plenty of sh1t to be excreted.

Iddiiott angry
. True story. Upon all his ranting his father must have been the head of his own family.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 27, 2014
Relationship101: Kudos to all the women (and men) that are standing up against domestic abuse. Africans have experienced a large dose of abuse (especially to the women) and we need to stand up against this devilish act. I lopve women. They are queens. They are strong, energetic, important and compassionate. Damn! Did I forget to mention that they are sexy?

BUT*clears throat* for those idiots that think men are the HEAD which automatically place women somewhere beneath, I pray you fall into river niger and drown (fortunately for you, that isn't going to happen) but I still wish bad for you. To all those stupid women that has been brainwashed into thinking that they need to be beaten, harassed or maltreated for them to BE a woman, I pray you go to hell fire. You have lost your sense of becoming 'yourself'. You've sold your soul to an ideology that is contrary to the ethics of being a human being. To all those clergy that preaches 'submission' to women. I come against you with all my might. You have destroyed our women. You have made our wife remain in an abusive home simply because they need to be submissive to their fucking husband. What actually is submission? Is it the 21st century term for slavery. Woe unto you! You have made the teenagers in my street think that they need to FEAR men and give them respects they don't deserve simply because they are men.

Marriage is not a hierarchy of positions. It is partnership. It is BEING together. It is LOVE. It is kissing all night by the moon light without any thought for tomorrow. Women are not baby making machines. Their DUTY is not to be used.

A marriage without children can also be a sweet marriage if both parties agree together. Don't call the woman witch. (Yes I am talking to you the useless in-laws). Go get a job and stay away from peoples life. Women pride is my pride. Women courage is my courage. Women freedom is my freedom. I love women.

Your thread is not worthy to be on the front page. It is defacing Nairaland.

God, by nature made man to be the head of the family. Man is like the chief executive of a family, and woman is the managing director. Each of them is very important in maintaining and sustaining a family. The man, endowed with strength and ability runs around and provides for the family, while the woman organizes the home and sees to the day to day running of the home.

I do not in any way support abuse of women in marriages, but that does not give you the right to insult ministers of God that preach submission of women. The truth is that there cannot be a happy marriage if the woman can't submit to her husband. To reciprocate the submission, a man MUST love his wife. A man that loves his wife CANNOT lift his hand and beat her.
So rather than discouraging women from submitting to their husbands, encourage men to love their wives genuinely.
For a happy home is only built when the husband loves his wife and the wife submits to her husband.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

5 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by tomiobj(m): 2:12pm On Jul 27, 2014
Relationship101: Kudos to all the women (and men) that are standing up against domestic abuse. Africans have experienced a large dose of abuse (especially to the women) and we need to stand up against this devilish act. I lopve women. They are queens. They are strong, energetic, important and compassionate. Damn! Did I forget to mention that they are sexy?

BUT*clears throat* for those idiots that think men are the HEAD which automatically place women somewhere beneath, I pray you fall into river niger and drown (fortunately for you, that isn't going to happen) but I still wish bad for you. To all those stupid women that has been brainwashed into thinking that they need to be beaten, harassed or maltreated for them to BE a woman, I pray you go to hell fire. You have lost your sense of becoming 'yourself'. You've sold your soul to an ideology that is contrary to the ethics of being a human being. To all those clergy that preaches 'submission' to women. I come against you with all my might. You have destroyed our women. You have made our wife remain in an abusive home simply because they need to be submissive to their fucking husband. What actually is submission? Is it the 21st century term for slavery. Woe unto you! You have made the teenagers in my street think that they need to FEAR men and give them respects they don't deserve simply because they are men.

Marriage is not a hierarchy of positions. It is partnership. It is BEING together. It is LOVE. It is kissing all night by the moon light without any thought for tomorrow. Women are not baby making machines. Their DUTY is not to be used.

A marriage without children can also be a sweet marriage if both parties agree together. Don't call the woman witch. (Yes I am talking to you the useless in-laws). Go get a job and stay away from peoples life. Women pride is my pride. Women courage is my courage. Women freedom is my freedom. I love women.
. With your post. Its more than an opinion. U wer on and on about drowning in a river and oda things. Its insultive. No offence but I think you need help. R u christian/muslim?
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by thegoodone2(m): 2:13pm On Jul 27, 2014
shaybebaby:
The reason why the rate of divorce is not known is because no one is keeping count. If we are not keeping count, how can we attribute the reasons why they occur and which factor is most prevalent. We can only compare when he have accurate records like they do. For all you know, our record could be higher!
so u suppot op. u want to b control ur husband. pls. no Nigeria man will allow that.unless if u like single mother.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 27, 2014
Yes I agree with the OP. Marriage is a partnership. Respect should be earned by both parties, not by virtue of birth.
There is neither head nor tail. All men are equal, but roles may differ depending on agreement prior to any contract.

5 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Bigsteveg(m): 2:15pm On Jul 27, 2014
softsparkyy:
First time hearing stuff like this.

Science student will understand better.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by henryobinna(m): 2:16pm On Jul 27, 2014

And I ask WTF do you think you're doing/saying? trying to undo what you don't know?
let me enlighten you, there is big difference between women being below the man in a family and Domestic violence.
son go back to school!
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 27, 2014
Relationship101:
So who told you that every woman needs a head? Did EVERY woman tell you that they NEED head? And why is it necessary for a woman to need head. You mean she can't think and do things from her own judgement?
if a woman doesn't need a head then she should stay single. its that simple.
not get married first and start dragging rights with your head like you were forced to get married
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
kmcutez: Yes I agree with the OP. Marriage is a partnership. Respect should be earned by both parties, not by virtue of birth.
There is neither head nor tail. All men are equal, but roles may differ depending on agreement prior to any contract.

Coming from a typical Nigerian girl who expects her man to provide everything for her, the same bimbo who will want her man to pay her dowry and worship her. This is fuuucking lolsterics !

5 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 27, 2014
shaybebaby:
Nah, you dont. I stumbled on a gathering of people who share something that is very personal to you, I do not share it but enjoyed the banter on that thread until militant boss decided to be myopic.
However, that is but one aspect of you and to see you here on a subject matter such as this makes me curious. You are not defined by that interest solely are you? There must more to you as well as that hence my nosiness. Feel free to tell me to take a hike! I won't be upset.
Wow!!! I'm flattered, anyways, i didnt really read this thread, the initial write up bored me sort off, so i lost interest. Are u phobic to the topic we discussed that day?
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:21pm On Jul 27, 2014
Relationship101:
Erm... Do you mind telling me what that is?
Are you mad?
Is this how to pass your opinion?
With abusive words?

Last Bullet

You need blood transfusion asap!
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Malakh: 2:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
crackhaus:
The pe.nis is never a va.gina anytime. Before sexuual differentiation begins, it is called a zygote with no sex...and when fertilization cell differentiation occurs, the formation of organs begin and the pe.nis is formed.

In fact, did you know that the clit.oris of females is much like a pe.nis? This means that females initially start out wanting to grow a pe.nis inside the womb but no matter how hard they tried, they just couldn't.
Same thing they're doing even in adulthood by trying to become men in the name of feminism. Hehehe.... I have gone there, trouble mode activated. gringrin

Besides man was made first, not the other way around.
just to add to biological proof, the good books says a woman was TAKEN out of a Man, it's biological and spiritual but let me give you guys something to ruminate on, Man was taken out of the elements, a woman out of the Man, Op is a fool, yall shouldn't entertain dumb people

2 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by dstnd: 2:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
Op God bless u,,,happy Sunday dear
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by xynerise: 2:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
What kind of thread is this? undecided
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by shaybebaby(f): 2:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
thegoodone2: so u suppot op. u want to b control ur husband. pls. no Nigeria man will allow that.unless if u like single mother.
I would not resort to the expletives he has used, not without provocation but yes, I agree with the op mostly.
I do not want control, nor do I want to be controlled.I want a dialogue based on mutual respect and love and rationality.
When that is demonstrated, I have no qualms about deferring to someone who I know would make decisions that I would probably make if in the same shoes. Trusting that he is and will do what is best for both of us because this would have been demonstrated in the past.
But tell me " I get to decide because I am a man and therefore the head" and you will hear a very succinct " fvck off!"

4 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by 50calibre(m): 2:25pm On Jul 27, 2014
I can't even take a guy who talks like this seriously, it's either the OP is actually a female with a male monicker, a sissy or just trying to draw traffic to his stup*d blog by saying what some females want to hear.

Your opinions are worth nothing, they're just a lazy man's way of consoling himself for his weakness and laziness. My father was the head of the family, I will be the head if my family, that I can guarantee. end of story!!

Now how about you heed you own advice and go drown somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Cecediva(f): 2:25pm On Jul 27, 2014
@OP...If men are not the head of the family then who is? I really need to know

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 27, 2014
I love you @ Relationship101

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by UltimateJoseph: 2:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
Like or not@OP, women can never be equal to men. There can never be equality anywhere, even in the west, only equity is possible because that is the design of nature and it will continue like that.
Agitating for women equality with men is a mere waste of time, advocate for equity. MAN IS THE GLORY OF GOD WHILE WOMAN IS THE GLORY OF MAN says the Holy book. Denying this fact is deviating into evil, e.g Lesbianism and Feminism!
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by ddestiny20(m): 2:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
for placing those curses i think u are a frustrated idiot who does not know why he came into dis world
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by joshrare(m): 2:29pm On Jul 27, 2014

You got to be kiddin me. Like "seriously"?
In matrimony there are two positions get that right oga.
The man is first and the woman second nothing can change that.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 27, 2014

Congratualtions, if only you can allow your wife or girlfriend rule your life cheesy It seems like women is all what you have. It seems like you allow your emotion out weigh your thinking. You see, women are good. There's nothing to worry about it. Unfortunately, it's not all women. I had an ex-girlfriend who whenever we are together, she does not want me to go out, perhaps go for something much more important, like going to work when i receive a sudden call. Meanwhile, I do not request her to leave her job and I make absolutely sure she's free from her duty before allowing her to come over. Above all, some women can be self-centered and as a result, detrimental to your progress in life.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by thegoodone2(m): 2:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
shaybebaby:
I would not resort to the expletives he has used, not without provocation but yes, I agree with the op mostly.
I do not want control, nor do I want to be controlled.I want a dialogue based on mutual respect and love and rationality.
When that is demonstrated, I have no qualms about deferring to someone who I know would make decisions that I would probably make if in the same shoes. Trusting that he is and will do what is best for both of us because this would have been demonstrated in the past.
But tell me " I get to decide because I am a man and therefore the head" and you will hear a very succinct " fvck off!"
Yes. now you are talking. DIALOGUE
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by tracyfemmmm: 2:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
Op support all the way kiss

2 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by macsika: 2:32pm On Jul 27, 2014
Whoever paid for the school fees of the o.p will for into river niger and the person who stayed at home to train him will go to hell... This is the most fooolish ideology i've ever come across. And just as your signature quote you're really an educated illiterate. You are a typical hypocrite and a narcissist... People like you are those who put confusion in peoples marriages just because yours failed... RELATIONSHIP101 my asszs, go and get a life B!tch.. angry
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by shaybebaby(f): 2:32pm On Jul 27, 2014
INNOisBACK: Wow!!! I'm flattered, anyways, i didnt really read this thread, the initial write up bored me sort off, so i lost interest. Are u phobic to the topic we discussed that day?
Nah man. Not phobic at all. I do not understand it but again can't understand why I am on the other side of the fence, I just am, was not a conscious choice and based on that, the same must apply with you. I didn't have to think about it and then go, " I'll choose this".
Being there that day was an eye opener for me, seeing the reality of what I knew ( in my mind but not really given much thought to) and I was angered, very much so but also deeply upset at the unfairness of it all. I also felt very helpless in the face of the vitriol because where do begin to attempt to open people's hearts and minds.

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by joomiegirl(f): 2:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
grin grin I don't understand this OP at all.
He clearly thought he would be given a thunderous ovation from the women and I'm happy to see; that didn't happen!

I am female, and I will try to set him straight..hopefully.

IT IS THIS KIND OF HARE-BRAINED THINKING THAT IS THE ROOT CAUSE OF DYSFUNCTIONALITY IN THE WORLD TODAY!!
Hian!
The man is the head...GET OVER IT!!
Being the head has nothing to do with domestic abuse(that's another kettle of fish altogether)...its simply the way God wired it, for marriage to work as it was originally designed to.

Even with this partnership theory, the woman should realise that there is a senior partner and junior partner.

To wit: He should include her in decision-making, ask for her ideas and views..but ULTIMATELY he takes the decision. She may not like the end decision he's taken, but she's got to be submissive and support him not fight and buck him at every turn...there can be no two captains in one boat.

Even when she knows she's right, a wise and submissive woman would quietly let him do it his way if that's what he wants...trust me, when his fingers get burnt, you may be certain he would not take your counsel so lightly again. That's wisdom. That's submission. That's true followership.

I am a strong independent woman who knows what she wants; and is no-one's fool.
BUT I most certainly do NOT want to be the head of my marriage, when I do get married!
I do not want the responsibility(na yam?), and I most certainly do not want the conflict.
The man is the head AND priest of the house. Which means that I will not follow a man who would leave me alone to tend the family prayer altar...that's HIS job. I'm a helper. Chikena.
Life would be a lot simpler, and society a lot less dysfunctional if everyone stuck to their God-given roles.

Being submissive does not make the woman a footmat, and to the men: knowing your wife should be submissive does not give you the right to treat her as a footmat. The bible asked you to love her, as christ loved you, and asked her to submit. If you love her, and truly show her that love, she even tries to outdo herself in submission, and when she does that, the man loves her even more. Its a lovely circle.

Bottom-line, no woman should marry a man she cannot follow, respect and submit to...what's the point? Its not all about "love wan-tin-tin"
Ladies, If you cannot submit to this person, if you do not TRULY respect him, don't even bother getting into it in the first place...cos all you may end up doing is trying to usurp his authority...and disrupt the order of things.

12 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by alphaomega(m): 2:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
OmoAlata1: people already attacking the Op lol, i guess the truth hurts

can u define what u mean by 'TRUTH' ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Can I Give Up The Marriage At This Stage..pls Advise Needed / Update On The Woman Whose Husband Took To Sharia Court For Praying Too Much"PICS / The Moment A Mother Pleaded With Her Quintuplets To Allow Her To Sleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.