Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! (30149 Views)

Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely / Three Of 10 Men Are Not Fathers Of Their ‘kids’, Says DNA Expert / Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by vislabraye(m): 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
kmcutez:

How did all these people become the head of their various establishment?
. In the corporate world, leadership is based on certain criteria such as experience, qualification or even man-know-man. But in marriage, the man is always the head. Just look at Abraham and Sarah ( if you believe the Bible ).
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Bizibi(m): 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
kmcutez:

Nope. Check very well. He is of the male specie like you.
OK miss
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by ogawisdom(m): 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
kmcutez:

Not everyone believes in the so called Almighty father, perhaps that should be taken into consideration when discussing issues such as this. The Bible was written by men. What do you expect?

Oops hmmm I see
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by chuxyz(m): 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
Reading the OPs mind, he is only relating the word HEAD to a man being in position to beating his wife and not the man taking most responsibility in the home. The op is not talking about a man being in charge of protecting his home. He is only relating the topic with wife battering. And the op also went further to interprete the word SUBMISSION as a wife allowing herself to be beaten. Op i believe next time you wanna post rephrase you topic properly. Your post is fine but not relating to the topic.

2 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by cruise14(f): 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
As a woman, I'm confident, independent, beautiful and smart but, will always let my husband lead while I follow, the divine order has made it so. He knows to always be on my good side because it can be hell to see the other side.

Ladies, if you listen to the poster you are only gonna get laid some of the time and by random men cos, submissive hoes will be getting all your actions.

2 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
vislabraye: . In the corporate world, leadership is based on certain criteria such as experience, qualification or even man-know-man. But in marriage, the man is always the head. Just look at Abraham and Sarah ( if you believe the Bible ).

But not by virtue of birth, so her analogy was wrong.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Feraz(m): 3:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
LOL... Looking at those viewing the topics and seeing that most are guys all viewing. Hope you're ready for more bullets? gringringringringrin

I expected to see certain names here and thus far, I haven't been disappointed. Kulyie, you no fit close eye for this kind topic? Pickabeau1, where art thou?
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by onoja12: 3:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
very simple answer,by appointment,selection or election
and man is no different

kmcutez:

How did all these people become the head of their various establishment?
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
kmcutez:

Not going to boast, but I'm not your typical Nigerian girl. If you're intelligent, you should understand what I'm trying to say, but from this your post let me know if I should spell it out for you.

Ladies, your beauty depreciates over time, but your wealth will appreciate over the same time frame if you focus on being self sufficient and not relying on any man to take care of you. That is what gives men the power over us. One of those sayings that shaped my life.

Bullshiit

Relying on a man doesn't diminish your position neither does it make you equal to a man. World over, men still get paid higher than women doing the same jobs. I have said it earlier that what y'all should be canvassing for is women empowerment and not struggling to be equal with men.

If I may ask you, what makes you think you are equal to a man ?

2 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
Look OP .. watch your words

Read this and learn

Man As Head Of Household

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT >>> Proverbs 31:1-31 ESV

The words of King Lemuel. An oracle that his mother taught him: What are you doing, my son? What are you doing, son of my womb? What are you doing, son of my vows? Do not give your strength to women, your ways to those who destroy kings . It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine, or for rulers to take strong drink, lest they drink and forget what has been decreed and pervert the rights of all the afflicted.

Ephesians 5:22-24 ESV

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

1 Timothy 2:11-15 ESV

Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control.

1 Corinthians 7:1-40 ESV

Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

1 Corinthians 11:3 ESV

But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.

Matthew 19:5-6 ESV

And said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Ephesians 5:33 ESV

However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

1 Peter 3:7 ESV

Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.

Then in case you do not believe in God and His words:

Psalm 14:1 : >>> The FOOL says in his heart, "There is no God ...

I rest my case . Thank You for reading .
>>> www.kingebuka.com

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by jeff1607(m): 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
My opinion:I think the op is gay and his supposed "partner" is claiming to be the head of the relationship hence the aggravation.

2 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Feraz(m): 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
KingEbukaBlog: Look OP .. watch your words

Read this and learn

Man As Head Of Household

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT >>> Proverbs 31:1-31 ESV

The words of King Lemuel. An oracle that his mother taught him: What are you doing, my son? What are you doing, son of my womb? What are you doing, son of my vows? Do not give your strength to women, your ways to those who destroy kings . It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine, or for rulers to take strong drink, lest they drink and forget what has been decreed and pervert the rights of all the afflicted.

Ephesians 5:22-24 ESV

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

1 Timothy 2:11-15 ESV

Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control.

1 Corinthians 7:1-40 ESV

Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

1 Corinthians 11:3 ESV

But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.

Matthew 19:5-6 ESV

And said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Ephesians 5:33 ESV

However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

1 Peter 3:7 ESV

Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.

Thank You for reading .
>>> www.kingebuka.com
I think we should make our points without using the bible. Not everyone believes in the Christian God.

2 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by obynokoko: 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2014
THE WRITER OF THIS POST IS MAD AND STUPID.IN FACT SHE IS A FOOL.SHE DOESNT STUDY HER BIBLE.THIS POST IS INTENDED TO DESTROY MARRIAGES.BEWARE
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2014
onoja12: very simple answer,by appointment,selection or election
and man is no different

So a bus conductor or a beggar from the street can be appointed, selected or elected to those position.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by onoja12: 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
oh yes,most pastors were even worse than bus conductors,and the richest men in the world none of them finished school

kmcutez:

So a bus conductor or a beggar from the street can be appointed, selected or elected to those position.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
Bluetooth2:

Bullshiit

Relying on a man doesn't diminish your position neither does it make you equal to a man. World over, men still get paid higher than women doing the same jobs. I have said it earlier that what y'all should be canvassing for is women empowerment and not struggling to be equal with men.

If I may ask you, what makes you think you are equal to a man ?

As I said in the beginning, all men are equal. I am neither below nor above any man, neither is any man below or above me. I am my own boss so no one pays my salary.

In that case, Blacks should also be canvassing for empowerment and should not be struggling to be equal with Whites. I hear you.

3 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 27, 2014
onoja12: oh yes,most pastors were even worse than bus conductors,and the richest men in the world none of them finished school

But what are those criteria that made them get appointed, selected or elected?

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Johnnoo(m): 3:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
cococandy: Watch and wait.
I believe Op has got his hands full right now grin
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by onoja12: 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
the criteria is a personal choice,lets look at it nobody forced you into a relationship,you set the criteria you used in picking your man and by so doing you appointment him your head all by yourself.nobody forced you,so his status doesn't matter,no his finances nor his qualifications,you can only take does into consideration before you made your appointment,it wouldn't count anymore once the appointment has been made

kmcutez:

But what are those criteria that made them get appointed, selected or elected?
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by EbuGeneral(m): 3:58pm On Jul 27, 2014
How come this poo made front page.. I was expecting an education write up.. Mtcheeewww

Abeg, who know whether Manchester United don sign another player?
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Ngokafor(f): 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
If only those crying here like babies would really walk the talk when it comes to being the head.. undecided

..but alas it is not the case..to them being the head is all about being a figure head and bullying their wives with rants of submission,while they idle away howling 50/50 when it comes to the financial aspect of running a home but will have non of it when it comes to house chores..nonsense angry

2 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
onoja12: the criteria is a personal choice,lets look at it nobody forced you into a relationship,you set the criteria you used in picking your man and by so doing you appointment him your head all by yourself.nobody forced you,so his status doesn't matter,no his finances nor his qualifications,you can only take does into consideration before you made your appointment,it wouldn't count anymore once the appointment has been made

Laugh wan kill me. And you are going to call yourself the head of an unfortunate poor woman one day. SMDH.

4 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2014
shaybebaby:
In a democratic society, women can compete equally with men for leadership elected based on the fact that they are deemed better leaders than their male counterparts at the time. Maggie Thatcher, Angela Merkel anyone? Their gender did not preclude their leadership. May the saner mind have that responsibility of being a leader irrespective of gender.
Okay, first of all I'd like to ask how exactly can the person with a saner mind can be determined. because I know both parties would always claim to have the saner mind the same way everyone values his/her opinion to that of anyone else. and even if it is proven that one party is saner the other party would strive endlessly to prove otherwise thereby leading to unhealthy competition which can only be ended by death or divorce.

so in my own belief/opinion God appointed the man as the head in order to prevent competition.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by onoja12: 4:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
let it kill you,am happily married and to the best of my knowledge my wife isn't complaining

kmcutez:

Laugh wan kill me. And you are going to call yourself the head of an unfortunate poor woman one day. SMDH.

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 27, 2014
Feraz: LOL... Looking at those viewing the topics and seeing that most are guys all viewing. Hope you're ready for more bullets? gringringringringrin

I expected to see certain names here and thus far, I haven't been disappointed. Kulyie, you no fit close eye for this kind topic? Pickabeau1, where art thou?
you you close eye tongue grin
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
onoja12: let it kill you,am happily married and to the best of my knowledge my wife isn't complaining

ok i hear you. may you continue to be happily married and may your wife continue to not complain.

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by hardbody: 4:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
Relationship101: Kudos to all the women (and men) that are standing up against domestic abuse. Africans have experienced a large dose of abuse (especially to the women) and we need to stand up against this devilish act. I lopve women. They are queens. They are strong, energetic, important and compassionate. Damn! Did I forget to mention that they are sexy?

BUT*clears throat* for those idiots that think men are the HEAD which automatically place women somewhere beneath, I pray you fall into river niger and drown (fortunately for you, that isn't going to happen) but I still wish bad for you. To all those stupid women that has been brainwashed into thinking that they need to be beaten, harassed or maltreated for them to BE a woman, I pray you go to hell fire. You have lost your sense of becoming 'yourself'. You've sold your soul to an ideology that is contrary to the ethics of being a human being. To all those clergy that preaches 'submission' to women. I come against you with all my might. You have destroyed our women. You have made our wife remain in an abusive home simply because they need to be submissive to their fucking husband. What actually is submission? Is it the 21st century term for slavery. Woe unto you! You have made the teenagers in my street think that they need to FEAR men and give them respects they don't deserve simply because they are men.

Marriage is not a hierarchy of positions. It is partnership. It is BEING together. It is LOVE. It is kissing all night by the moon light without any thought for tomorrow. Women are not baby making machines. Their DUTY is not to be used.

A marriage without children can also be a sweet marriage if both parties agree together. Don't call the woman witch. (Yes I am talking to you the useless in-laws). Go get a job and stay away from peoples life. Women pride is my pride. Women courage is my courage. Women freedom is my freedom. I love women.

Guess what? Women will not even agree with you. Even in partnerships (there are still superiors). I do agree in principle of equality of men and women in a relationship and marriage, but it goes without saying that women are basically complimentary to men and me have the headship. It is called primus interpares. (First among equals). Same way you have class reps, monitors, etc. These are not superior to other members of the class but they are given authority and power to stand above the other members who are also co-equal, Even the Chief Judge of a state is still a judge, with similar qualifications like the other judges, but he is kept in that position to provide direction and leadership for his brother judges.

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 27, 2014
This is for those men raging and ranting since this thread has been created yesterday tongue

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by shizzleStar: 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
joomiegirl: grin grin I don't understand this OP at all.
He clearly thought he would be given a thunderous ovation from the women and I'm happy to see; that didn't happen!

I am female, and I will try to set him straight..hopefully.

IT IS THIS KIND OF HARE-BRAINED THINKING THAT IS THE ROOT CAUSE OF DYSFUNCTIONALITY IN THE WORLD TODAY!!
Hian!
The man is the head...GET OVER IT!!
Being the head has nothing to do with domestic abuse(that's another kettle of fish altogether)...its simply the way God wired it, for marriage to work as it was originally designed to.

Even with this partnership theory, the woman should realise that there is a senior partner and junior partner.

To wit: He should include her in decision-making, ask for her ideas and views..but ULTIMATELY he takes the decision. She may not like the end decision he's taken, but she's got to be submissive and support him not fight and buck him at every turn...there can be no two captains in one boat.

Even when she knows she's right, a wise and submissive woman would quietly let him do it his way if that's what he wants...trust me, when his fingers get burnt, you may be certain he would not take your counsel so lightly again. That's wisdom. That's submission. That's true followership.

I am a strong independent woman who knows what she wants; and is no-one's fool.
BUT I most certainly do NOT want to be the head of my marriage, when I do get married!
I do not want the responsibility(na yam?), and I most certainly do not want the conflict.
The man is the head AND priest of the house. Which means that I will not follow a man who would leave me alone to tend the family prayer altar...that's HIS job. I'm a helper. Chikena.
Life would be a lot simpler, and society a lot less dysfunctional if everyone stuck to their God-given roles.

Being submissive does not make the woman a footmat, and to the men: knowing your wife should be submissive does not give you the right to treat her as a footmat. The bible asked you to love her, as christ loved you, and asked her to submit. If you love her, and truly show her that love, she even tries to outdo herself in submission, and when she does that, the man loves her even more. Its a lovely circle.

Bottom-line, no woman should marry a man she cannot follow, respect and submit to...what's the point? Its not all about "love wan-tin-tin"
Ladies, If you cannot submit to this person, if you do not TRULY respect him, don't even bother getting into it in the first place...cos all you may end up doing is trying to usurp his authority...and disrupt the order of things.
Its a relief seeing that there are women with functional brains from functional homes, with good sense of objectivity and judgement, and who are rational in reasoning. And you are one of them. You have spoken like a well brought up child who is aware of her environment and appreciates the position of the woman in a home.

You and a hand full of other ladies have chosen not to live in denial of the truth, by accepting the mere fact that the man is the HEAD of the family; and undeniable fact, which can only be contested by 'some' never-to-do-well, deluded, hypocritical and dare-devil women seeking to swindle the minds of innocent younger women in their evil bid to manoeuvre them into making regrettable mistakes in their marital lives and aso to deceive and lure them into thinking that men do not deserve to be respected simply cos 'some' of them suffered from heart breaks and paranoia from their previous relationship(s).

'Most' women who share the shallow opinion of the op are from dysfunctional or broken homes, devoid of fatherly love and care and whose upbringing must have been terrible, frustrating and miserable and as such their line of reasoning is so warped, erratic and delusional to the consternation of every right thinking human.

4 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Jasi7(m): 4:40pm On Jul 27, 2014
Onlinebizexpert: can somebody whisper to the OP that he is maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

As in very maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
shocked..a man actually supporting women?! shocked....wow...I'm witnessing a modern miracle. The world must really be coming to an end or maybe Jesus has told d op dat he is coming soon grin shocked

3 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by hensben(m): 4:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
kmcutez:

Not everyone believes in the so called Almighty father, perhaps that should be taken into consideration when discussing issues such as this. The Bible was written by men. What do you expect?
pls what religion do you practice? Be sincere

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Can I Give Up The Marriage At This Stage..pls Advise Needed / Update On The Woman Whose Husband Took To Sharia Court For Praying Too Much"PICS / The Moment A Mother Pleaded With Her Quintuplets To Allow Her To Sleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.