Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War (28818 Views)

Hausas And Fulanis In Enugu Taking Refuge In Army Barracks - Ekweremmadu / Gbaramatu Kingdom Was created as Government Refuge Camp During Biafra Civil War / Picture Of Asaba Area 40years After The Civil War. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by 1stola: 1:45pm On Jul 26, 2014
Gombs: It shall forever remain in the minds of the igbos, not the words of their enemies, but the silence of their friends...

But look at the igbos and the SS now....u cnt compare the strides they made in these years, yet ndi ugwu na ndi ofe ose ju na ndigbo aya nwuro mmri towoh iko.

Abokis busy driving backwards towards stone age, and busy blaming GEJ angry
Those West of the Niger only sabi "Eko oni baje o"

In summary, GEJ till 2019... after that, NOI for president till 2027....that's if rapture never happen. grin

I hope those people who advised Gowon to close the Cameroonian border are happier people now? God dey watch una and una descendants in 3D 700inch pasma TV
*yawn*
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by 1stola: 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
seanet02: You no get bréast rara ni?
kikikikikikikikiki.. The thing wonder me too o grin
Badt boi
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by customized07: 1:56pm On Jul 26, 2014
The war was fought in the east yet it looks as if it was fought in the west grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by murtalaa(m): 1:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
May Allah punish Ojukwu and Shekau for causing it all grin
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by customized07: 2:02pm On Jul 26, 2014
Am still trying to figure out were the war was fought, this pics holds the answer grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by customized07: 2:05pm On Jul 26, 2014
Nigeria govt will have to tell us where the war was really fought, cos I don't understand

4 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by 1stola: 2:05pm On Jul 26, 2014
jaybee:

who advised ojukwu not to cut supply to the north? I mean why didn't ojukwu "prevent food and other relief materials from entering" the north also ?
What an ignorance...
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Malawian(m): 2:06pm On Jul 26, 2014
deols: The Igbos need not forget. They only need to be wiser.

I assume they should know already, that war is not about who is right but about who is left.

The images bring to mind, half of a yellow sun. Chimamanda is an amazing writer. These pictures are like what I pictured.
this your pun is apt.

1 Like

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
Nigeria's first nationalists were good and true to their worth. Some people later joined them, instead of joining hands as a country , they were busy forming political parties. Lord Lugard is a b.astard for joining the North and the South together for his shameless reason I.e for the south to fund the north. Upon their efforts to do that, the north were still stubborn to be westernized and groomed with education. They thought their backward and barbaric ways are better than what the british was giving them. The british left them to their own peril. Ahmadu Bello knew this, he knew his people were backward, he tried to send so many of them outside the country to get education, but they found the military as a better education. The northerners have been killing us since time immemorial. Ahmadu Bello knew his Arewa Community is backward and barbaric, that was why he was fighting against independence. He had to act fast. Since he was the leader of the northern region, he didn't allow any southerner come close to any federal government opportunity there. A british correspondent asked him if he can allow a southerner work in the north, he said "he cannot allow a southerner work in the north, even if they don't have qualified workers, they will employ a WHITEMAN on contract while they train their hausas to be qualified!". Gosh! A nationalist said this! I am not lying this was the exact statement he made. Nnamdi Azikiwe, who thought the southerners are one. He allowed an Ibibio man to be the head of the eastern region while he was fighting to be the governor of Lagos. The tribalist yorubas had to call awolowo who was still living abroad to come help them. Because they knew he was Azikiwe was going to win. They chased Azikiwe back to the east. That was the beginning of the igbo/yoruba rivalry. It became clear that even in the south, there was nothing like oneness in belief. Azikiwe was more of a yoruba man than an igbo man. Fluent in his yoruba speaking abilities. The whole country was confused before the 1960 elections. We never had any Nationalist. Even the nationalists had underground businesses they wanted to boost from their political positions. To show you how weak the yorubas were, they were not among the first people who ruled this country. The north found the easterners as threats and saw the southerners as babies. They saw their mistake. They knew they shouldn't have allied with the zealous igbos. The igbos were clever and power-hungry (negative trait). They didn't want the hausas to Lord over them. They saw Ahmadu Bello's men running into the military, they ran into the military too. They took important posts in the military so that the "hausas", who they feel they are very power-hungry will not kill them. Because the hausas were known for various riots during the pre-independence times. They needed to guard themselves. But the funniest part was that, the Tafawa Balewa, a mere teacher, was robbing Nigerians. Nigerians were seeing dishonesty in high places. They were doing shady businesses with the british who we thought had left us. They were embezzling our funds! Disclaimer: I don't want to dwell in the past, they are dead and gone. We should embrace oneness because the past has gone and never to be awoken again. Let's embrace intelligence and oneness. We never had Nationalists! We only had Tribalists!

2 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 26, 2014
A lot of incoherent posts here

1 Like

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 26, 2014
seunmsg:

I wish people like Asari Dokubo who have been beating the drum of war can go view the civil war picture archive and see the destruction and carnage that took place then. People who have witnessed real war and the resultant suffering will never wish their country to go through such again. War should never be an option to settle political differences. Nigerians really need to wise up and protect the unity and peaceful coexistence of this country.
Don't mind all them war mongers,I for one pray against war cos the resultant effects will be devastating with huge losses both human and otherwise.
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by OLAJADON: 2:14pm On Jul 26, 2014
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by semitunde: 2:16pm On Jul 26, 2014
SailorXY:
WHAT DURTY BRUNT EXACTLY ARE YOU MAKING REFERENCE TO?

Well you may not realise it but, someone related to someone you know is connected to one or more of the several of the bomb blasts. The bombs don't look like stopping.

A blast was heard in the east recently and someone died due to the ensuing stampede. And you still think there's no brunt?
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by semitunde: 2:17pm On Jul 26, 2014
Leibnitz: Why are you questioning the veracity of my ascertion. Awo Must Pay !! cool

The information about this part of history, as other parts, is open for research. Help yourself with it.
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by customized07: 2:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
Can someone really tell us where to war was fought, I no understand oooo

3 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by kakakent: 2:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
jaybee:

You tried; but did not get the gist. Ojukwu wanted to be head of state. by all means, including sacrificing a section of the country in a needless and unwarranted war, even a child would know Ojukwu can not win. the igbos fought a foolish war for pride and got the un-mistaken result. its no use trying to reconstruct history now. lets all learn a lesson on wild goose chase.

In order words ojukwu should have clapped for the north for the progroms against igbos abi?

1 Like

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Leibnitz: 2:21pm On Jul 26, 2014
semitunde:

The information about this part of history, as other parts, is open for research. Help yourself with it.
I'm not interested in all these KANGAROO research of those Revisionary historians whom you had swallowed their gabbage in the name of 'history' angry
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Leibnitz: 2:24pm On Jul 26, 2014
customized07: The war was fought in the east yet it looks as if it was fought in the west grin grin grin
Nna I ga-egbu mmadu o o !! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by SailorXY: 2:26pm On Jul 26, 2014
kakakent:

In order words ojukwu should have clapped for the north for the progroms against igbos abi?
that babe just dey yarn so much dust in all her postseven tho understanding no be her forte at all
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Malawian(m): 2:29pm On Jul 26, 2014
the irony here is that should nigeria break tommorrow, the rest of these mob will not be looking at how they will better their territory, instead they will be looking at how they will kill more igbos. we lost that war because it was prophesied in the bible that we will. we will not loose the next one because it is prophesied that we wont. ... and now we know the beast we will be fighting and what their hearts are made of.

2 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by oluwafemi113(m): 2:31pm On Jul 26, 2014
eligibility:

MAY ALLAH SAVE NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS
بقدرة الله تعلي امين
ameen. !!!! ...... الله إجاباتنا الصلاة آمين
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by luvmijeje(f): 2:43pm On Jul 26, 2014
Malawian: the irony here is that should nigeria break tommorrow, the rest of these mob will not be looking at how they will better their territory, instead they will be looking at how they will kill more igbos. we lost that war because it was prophesied in the bible that we will. we will not loose the next one because it is prophesied that we wont. ... and now we know the beast we will be fighting and what their hearts are made of.
Where exactly in the bible was this prophesy?
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by bunmioguns(m): 2:45pm On Jul 26, 2014
xtervaganza: u be bad person

Shey make I no talk wetin I see again...nawa o
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by semitunde: 2:49pm On Jul 26, 2014
I like Kelechi Iheanacho though. I wish him the best in his career. It will be painful to waste so much talent on any bench.

I like Kanu, he's arguably our most intelligent footballer, and I think he's even showing that off the field.

Okocha is the most skilful Nigerian player I know.

Uche was my best friend for a long time growing up. We fought once and stayed away for like 2weeks. life became uninteresting and we decided to get back as friends.

Ik still comes over to our house till tomorrow. Their whole family can speak Yoruba with all the intonation. They look like typical Igbo, but you'd give them a pass anytime they speak.

Kachie would sometimes come over and after a meal would tell us about Biafra, the seriousness and activities to keep the hope alive. We never took him seriously, and we would just smile. I'm sure he knew this but would still keep with his update anyway. He's gone to the east after a disagreement with his bro who housed him. We miss him.

I've had two lawyers, they are both Igbo. One of them has been our neighbour for more than 20yrs.

When Biafra comes to fruition, remember this. I know many have experiences and views as these, on all sides of the tribal divide.

This is a new generation.

1 Like

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by semitunde: 2:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
Leibnitz: I'm not interested in all these KANGAROO research of those Revisionary historians whom you had swallowed their gabbage in the name of 'history' angry

And how do you know that isn't what you swallowed?
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Malawian(m): 2:52pm On Jul 26, 2014
luvmijeje:
Where exactly in the bible was this prophesy?
"Gad, a troop shall overcome him, but he shall overcome at the last," the reference seems to be to alternate defeat and victory. This tribe was to be in a constant state of warfare, leading like the Bedouin Arabs a wandering, wild, and unsettled existence. One wonders whether the (slangy) expression "Gad about" may not have its origin in the character of this tribe."

We may notice, once more, how closely parallel with this prediction of Jacob is the prophecy of Moses concerning this tribe: "And of Gad he said, Blessed be he that enlargeth Gad: he dwelleth as a lion, and teareth the arm with the crown of the head. And he provided the first part for himself, because there, in a portion of the lawgiver, was he seated" (Deut. 33:20, 21). The first part of this prophecy emphasizes the unsettled and warlike character of Gad. The second statement that Gad "provided the first part (of the inheritance) for himself," has reference to the fact that this tribe sought and obtained as their portion the land on the east side of the Jordan, and this before Canaan was divided among the tribes in the days of Joshua. This portion of Gad’s became known as "the land of Gilead" (See Deut. 3:12-15). Note, further, that Moses said, "Blessed be he that enlargeth Gad." The fulfillment of this may be seen by a reference to 1 Chronicles 5:16, where we read that the children of Gad dwelt in "all the suburbs of Sharon." Note that in Joshua 13:24-28 no mention is made of Sharon:their border was thus "enlarged!"

The position that Gad occupied was a precarious one. Being cut off from that of the other tribes, they were more or less isolated. They were open, constantly, to the attacks from the desert bands or troops, such as the Ammonites and Midianites, and consequently, they lived in a continual state of warfare. Jacob’s words were being repeatedly fulfilled. Gad suffered severely from their lack of faith and enterprise in asking for the territory they did. Their choice was almost as bad as Lot’s, and proved as disastrous, for they were among the first tribes that were carried into captivity. (See 1 Chron. 5:26).
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by juman(m): 2:57pm On Jul 26, 2014
One nigeria is a joke.
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by luvmijeje(f): 3:01pm On Jul 26, 2014
The war shouldn't have happened but it did? The killings shouldn't have happened but it did. We can't change it but we owe it to ourselves to ensure another civil war do not happen. We owe it to ourselves to ensure that our families, friends and neighbours are not used as sacrificial lambs by this power hungry politicians.

If this country will be divided, it shouldn't be with our blood.
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
customized07: The war was fought in the east yet it looks as if it was fought in the west grin grin grin
Igbo people may f00lishly, in their usual manner, make the mistake of the 1960's and see what will happen.

1 Like

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:16pm On Jul 26, 2014
customized07: Nigeria govt will have to tell us where the war was really fought, cos I don't understand
I'm sorry, it's the people of Item in Alaigbo that will tell you that. Recently the people of that village confered a chieftaincy title on Olusegun Obasanjo for liberating them with the 2 Marine Commando Division Organization during the war.
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2014
kakakent:

I have been taunted by hausas b/4 I never killed anyone so if u re justifying the killing of thousands in the 60s you re a sick imp

You are the sick imp. How do u go to someone else's land and insult and abuse them and expect them to smile at u. Your people were insulting them in their land. The hausas being who they are decided to stop it. That is my point. That is what territoriality is all about.

1 Like

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:22pm On Jul 26, 2014
Malawian: the irony here is that should nigeria break tommorrow, the rest of these mob will not be looking at how they will better their territory, instead they will be looking at how they will kill more igbos. we lost that war because it was prophesied in the bible that we will. we will not loose the next one because it is prophesied that we wont. ... and now we know the beast we will be fighting and what their hearts are made of.
Clown, could you tell me where it is written in the Bible that you will win your next war? I thought you are Jews? Jews are not known to lose wars except for the one caused by Acan. Was Ojukwu an Acan?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Saraki’s 2023 Presidential election Posters Flood Ibadan(photo) / Senators Received N2 Million 'token' Each, just before Akpabio's Gaffe - PT / Austine Umahi: Supreme Court Judges Will Know No Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.