Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,484 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Is Love An Emotional Feeling Or A Logical Decision? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Love An Emotional Feeling Or A Logical Decision? (4115 Views)

Tell Us Your Feeling Or Reaction When U Had Your First "Kiss" / How To Love An Igbo Man / Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Love An Emotional Feeling Or A Logical Decision? by Flowtry(m): 2:23am On Jul 26, 2014
Love according to the Word is more than just an emotional feeling but the example we see sround us prove otherwise. I need intelligent contribution of anyone who thinks Love is a feeling n not a Logical decision as the Bible describes it.
Re: Is Love An Emotional Feeling Or A Logical Decision? by Randy100: 5:07am On Jul 26, 2014
To me love is selfless.
Re: Is Love An Emotional Feeling Or A Logical Decision? by ITbomb(m): 5:57am On Jul 26, 2014
For the female, it is mostly an emotional feeling right from the start. That is why when a girl fall for a guy, no matter how randy or what people say, she will still stick to him. That also explains why if a girl friendzoned a guy from the beginning no amount of reasoning can change her mind cos it is just a feeling.
Whereas
For the male, it is largely logical, a guy may have initial rush of emotions (mainly lust and infatuation) which leads to much caring for the new 'catch' but after a while, logical reasoning will come in to enable the man to make the decision whether to love the girl or to ditch her and get another.

That is why a man can comfortably marry his long time friend but very difficult for the woman.

Lastly, to get sex carries no logical decision-making, it is just an accelerated biological drive which pushes a man to do or say anything that the girl wants to hear, sadly most girls mistake this as a show of love and affection. The decision to love comes much later for the man while for the woman it happens even at the first meeting

4 Likes

Re: Is Love An Emotional Feeling Or A Logical Decision? by MizMyColi(f): 9:14am On Jul 26, 2014
Ultimately, both for the M & W, Love becomes a decision despite the imperfections.

*Derailing Alert*

But why do the weirdest and funniest monikers I've seen on this forum make (sometimes) the most meaningful contributions? #ThinkingOutLoud

Re: Is Love An Emotional Feeling Or A Logical Decision? by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 26, 2014
MizMyColi:

*Derailing Alert* Now Derailing.
I also find your Moniker weird and Funny. How do I pronounce it: Miz-My-Co-Li or Mizm-Yco-Li? tongue
Re: Is Love An Emotional Feeling Or A Logical Decision? by CuteCynthia(f): 10:17am On Jul 26, 2014
If it's logical, it isn't love.
Re: Is Love An Emotional Feeling Or A Logical Decision? by MizMyColi(f): 10:25am On Jul 26, 2014
Ceasar1:
I also find your Moniker weird and Funny. How do I pronounce it: Miz-My-Co-Li or Mizm-Yco-Li? tongue
There, that's it. cheesy You want me to buy your market again abi? angry
Re: Is Love An Emotional Feeling Or A Logical Decision? by ITbomb(m): 10:37am On Jul 26, 2014
CuteCynthia: If it's logical, it isn't love.
That is a lady speaking, however a responsible man would not settle down with a woman just because of love
Re: Is Love An Emotional Feeling Or A Logical Decision? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 26, 2014
MizMyColi: There, that's it. cheesy You want me to buy your market again abi? angry
sad Okay, Later. sad

1 Like

Re: Is Love An Emotional Feeling Or A Logical Decision? by Dygeasy(m): 10:59am On Jul 26, 2014
ITbomb: For the female, it is mostly an emotional feeling right from the start. That is why when a girl fall for a guy, no matter how randy or what people say, she will still stick to him. That also explains why if a girl friendzoned a guy from the beginning no amount of reasoning can change her mind cos it is just a feeling.
Whereas
For the male, it is largely logical, a guy may have initial rush of emotions (mainly lust and infatuation) which leads to much caring for the new 'catch' but after a while, logical reasoning will come in to enable the man to make the decision whether to love the girl or to ditch her and get another.

That is why a man can comfortably marry his long time friend but very difficult for the woman.

Lastly, to get sex carries no logical decision-making, it is just an accelerated biological drive which pushes a man to do or say anything that the girl wants to hear, sadly most girls mistake this as a show of love and affection. The decision to love comes much later for the man while for the woman it happens even at the first meeting
As much as I started nodding my head in agreement with what you typed the moment I started reading you until I got to the bolded.

The original post states that (to my own understanding) falling in love and not attraction (which comes with lust and infatuation). For both genders, true love is more of an emotional feeling than logical. Infatuation is not in focus here.
Re: Is Love An Emotional Feeling Or A Logical Decision? by ITbomb(m): 11:08am On Jul 26, 2014
Dygeasy: As much as I started nodding my head in agreement with what you typed the moment I started reading you until I got to the bolded.

The original post states that (to my own understanding) falling in love and not attraction (which comes with lust and infatuation). For both genders, true love is more of an emotional feeling than logical. Infatuation is not in focus here.
That notwithstanding, most men actually fall in love much later after logically assessing many factors whilst being with the lady, while the ladies are kinda early birds falling even before being with the man. So, some appellation must be given to whatever happened before the man decides to fall in love (which the ladies mistake for love), I called it lust and/or infatuation.
Re: Is Love An Emotional Feeling Or A Logical Decision? by MizMyColi(f): 11:20am On Jul 26, 2014
Ceasar1:
sad Okay, Later. sad
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Love An Emotional Feeling Or A Logical Decision? by Dygeasy(m): 11:26am On Jul 26, 2014
ITbomb:
That notwithstanding, most men actually fall in love much later after logically assessing many factors whilst being with the lady
First, we're in Nigeria where you have to ask a girl out and work to instil your love into her heart. Do you now mean the 'ASSESSMENT' is before asking the lady out or after asking her out and waiting for her to decide if she is in love with you? You're right though. I just want to you be clear about it.

ITbomb: while the ladies are kinda early birds falling even before being with the man.
In Nigeria? Well some percentage.

ITbomb: So, some appellation must be given to whatever happened before the man decides to fall in love (which the ladies mistake for love), I called it lust and/or infatuation.
Are the ladies usually the one making the mistake or men? Or do you mean the ladies mistaking what men mistake for love to be true love. Clarify please. tongue
Re: Is Love An Emotional Feeling Or A Logical Decision? by ITbomb(m): 12:00pm On Jul 26, 2014
Dygeasy: First, we're in Nigeria where you have to ask a girl out and work to instil your love into her heart. Do you now mean the 'ASSESSMENT' is before asking the lady out or after asking her out and waiting for her to decide if she is in love with you? You're right though. I just want to you be clear about it.

The rules of assessment in asking a girl out (I for like dey with that girl) is different from the rules of assessment in settling down with her (I love this girl so much, I want to marry her or make her mother of my kids).
So we are cleared and closed on that

In Nigeria? Well some percentage.

Are the ladies usually the one making the mistake or men? Or do you mean the ladies mistaking what men mistake for love to be true love. Clarify please. tongue

Most men know beforehand that the caring and affections is to soften the girl's heart and groom the love already there and fulfill the fantasy of whatever attracted them to the lady in the first place. It is the ladies that mistake the affections and caring for true love
Re: Is Love An Emotional Feeling Or A Logical Decision? by bxcode(m): 12:26pm On Jul 26, 2014
It can be both, depending on the circumstances.
Re: Is Love An Emotional Feeling Or A Logical Decision? by smallmadam: 12:31pm On Jul 26, 2014
Love is a purely logical decision. love is not that butterfly feeling that crumbles in your stomach, that's infatuation/attraction/chemistry, there are different names for that but definitely not love. To love someone you have to decide within you to be with that person come rain come sunshine, in sickness and health. what we call love these days is purely infatuation. That type of love eventually fades 2-3 years into the marriage. People have been miss guided by what they think love should be in television and novels-the romeo and Juliet type of love. Even the bible says 'love your enemies as you love thy self', i want to believe that its a decision/choice left to us and not a sudden emotional feeling.

When you have seen the good, the bad and the ugly of that person in terms of character and personality and yet you 'Choose' that this person is the only person that can turn you on, and you do not see your self with a better person- that is love. Relationship 'love' is different because that is INFATUATION. when you want to marry or choose your 'prison inmate' Love becomes a logical decision, something you enter with your head and heart, and not just your heart.

1 Like

Re: Is Love An Emotional Feeling Or A Logical Decision? by ITbomb(m): 12:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
smallmadam: Love is a purely logical decision. love is not that butterfly feeling that crumbles in your stomach, that's infatuation/attraction/chemistry, there are different names for that but definitely not love. To love someone you have to decide within you to be with that person come rain come sunshine, in sickness and health. what we call love these days is purely infatuation. That type of love eventually fades 2-3 years into the marriage. People have been miss guided by what they think love should be in television and novels-the romeo and Juliet type of love. Even the bible says 'love your enemies as you love thy self', i want to believe that its a decision/choice left to us and not a sudden emotional feeling.

When you have seen the good, the bad and the ugly of that person in terms of character and personality and yet you 'Choose' that this person is the only person that can turn you on, and you do not see your self with a better person- that is love. Relationship 'love' is different because that is INFATUATION. when you want to marry or choose your 'prison inmate' Love becomes a logical decision, something you enter with your head and heart, and not just your heart.
That sums it up
Whoever advised you to attach 'small' to the 'madam' should be executed without trial

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

After This Lady Has Been Rejected By All Races She Is Addressing Them Again -Pic / How To Attract Ladies / Rate This Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.