Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (637584 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 02, 2017
gidjah:
Wishing all my fellow introverts a November to remember,filled with joy unspeakable full of glory messhed with plenty success.

You too, brother.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 02, 2017
locust:

Lol. It's a shameful thing you peeps do not recognise the office of your king. If not, the king shouldn't be without his queen.

How are you?
Lol.. #operation search for the queen.

Good morning.. I am fine and you?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 02, 2017
Pynkylypz:
Lol.. #operation search for the queen.

Good morning.. I am fine and you?

Morning my dear.
Since you're fine, I am, also. I've always tried to visualize how pinky your lips are. Are they fiery? Or you just came up with the moniker? I'm curious
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 02, 2017
locust:

Morning my dear.
Since you're fine, I am, also. I've always tried to visualize how pinky your lips are. Are they fiery? Or you just came up with the moniker? I'm curious
Lol.. I didn't just came up with the moniker!! Just wanted to appreciate nature.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 02, 2017
Pynkylypz:
Lol.. I didn't just came up with the moniker!! Just wanted to appreciate nature.

Hahaha.. I see
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 02, 2017
locust:

Hahaha.. I see
Lol.. Okay
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 02, 2017
Pynkylypz:
Lol.. Okay

Your siggy scares me though. Remind me to avoid your tongue if I should whisper to your lips
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 9:31am On Nov 02, 2017
12 THINGS INTROVERTS ABSOLUTELY NEED TO BE HAPPY

By Jenn Granneman

1. Time to wind down after a busy day. An absolute must. Due to biological wiring, introverts are sensitive to stimulation and process information deeply. Time to unwind allows them to fully comprehend the events of a busy day — and lower their stimulation level to one that’s more comfortable and sustainable.

2. Meaningful conversation. Introverts can’t survive on a diet of small talk alone. “How was your day?” or “How ’bout this weather?” won’t be enough. Introverts tend to dive deep, both in their interests and relationships. They need something more: What’s one new thing you’ve learned lately? How are you a different person today than you were 10 years ago? Does God exist? Of course, not every conversation has to be deep. Sometimes introverts really do just want to know what you did this weekend. But occasionally, to feed their minds and souls, they need those wide-awake-at-midnight-can’t-stop-talking kind of moments.

3. Comfortable silences. On the flip side, introverts need people in their lives who are content with quiet. People who can sit in the same room with them, not talking, each doing their own thing. People who will not nervously jump to fill a pause in the conversation, but will let thoughts linger, waiting until each idea has been fully digested. Trust introverts when they say that silence can be beautiful.

4. Space to dive deep into their hobbies and interests.

5. A quiet, calm space that’s all theirs. Admittedly, this is something I don’t have right now. But the dream is real: A room to be alone in. A room to arrange however I’d like. A room with a door that closes out the world, even just for a little while. For introverts, having a space that’s all theirs makes an incredible difference in terms of their energy levels. Being alone — truly alone, without fear of intrusion or interruption — is freeing and invigorating on a nearly spiritual level.

6. Time to think before responding. There’s hardly anything more stressful than an impatient boss or spouse standing before you demanding an answer right now. For extroverts, it’s usually easy to spout something off. But not so for introverts, who may rely more on long-term memory than working memory (for extroverts, it’s the opposite).

7. Friends who understand that sometimes they will stay home. Introverts won’t attend every party or get-together. They do enjoy some socializing, but it’s all about dosage. Too much, and their sensitive systems will have them begging for their beds. They need friends who understand that sometimes they just can’t “people” anymore today.

8. A deeper purpose to their work. Many introverts want a job that is more than just a paycheck. Sure, they need to pay their bills, but they want their 9-to-5 efforts to feel worthwhile, too.

9. Permission to not explain sometimes. There are times when they just have no words. They may be feeling something strongly, but they can’t describe it. Or they need to be alone right now, but don’t have the energy to provide a lengthy explanation. When an introvert says, “I don’t want to talk about it,” or simply, “This is what I need,” let that suffice. After some time to process, they will likely come back to you with more words.

10. Time and space to work uninterrupted. It’s no secret that introverts do their best work alone. Unfortunately, our offices and classrooms are not geared toward quiet reflection. As a result, you may find introverts sneaking away to the abandoned corners of the office building. Or coming early or staying late. Or begging to stay in the classroom — where it’s quiet and empty — during recess. To all teachers, supervisors, and parents — give introverts the quiet space they need to think. You may find that you get higher quality work in return.

11. Their tribe. Rarely the ones for chasing popularity, introverts usually have just a few close friends — and they prefer it that way. However, note that the key word is “close.” For introverts, friendship isn’t about just occupying the same space, doing the same activity. Nor is it about trading gossip. It’s about finding a kindred spirit, someone who will peek into the introvert’s inner world — and reveal theirs in return.

12. Time to slow down. Breathe. Take it all in. Just be. Repeat.

NB: Some parts of this article has been cut for the purpose of summarisation.

Source: https://introvertdear.com/news/introverts-happy-need/

Which of these strongly apply to you as an introvert and which ones have been somewhat suppressed?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 02, 2017
locust:

Your siggy scares me though. Remind me to avoid your tongue if I should whisper to your lips
Lol.. You shouldn't be scared.

Or do you want to die?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 02, 2017
Pynkylypz:
Lol.. You shouldn't be scared.
Or do you want to die?
Go away with your tongue. Lol
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 02, 2017
locust:

Go away with your tongue. Lol
Hahahaha.. On my way already
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 02, 2017
Pynkylypz:
Hahahaha.. On my way already
Lol. Sweet soul
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 02, 2017
locust:

Lol. Sweet soul
Lol.. Honey soul. #winks
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iamnlia(m): 10:25am On Nov 02, 2017
locust:

Lol. It's a shameful thing you peeps do not recognise the office of your king. If not, the king shouldn't be without his queen.

How are you?

No be only king, if you're king of introverts then I'm the messiah of introverts.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 02, 2017
iamnlia:

No be only king, if you're king of introverts then I'm the messiah of introverts.

Hahahaha
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 02, 2017
Where Are The Cute girls Here
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 02, 2017
iamnlia:

Lol
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sarzai: 11:55am On Nov 02, 2017
dammy222:

ok.. will try to dm you. dm is sending email msg from nairaland,right?
yeah..u can just drop u r email also ill inbox u.i couldn't do it from NL
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 02, 2017
@DonOms

Thanks for this piece....

Every point there applies to me, esp No6... I've succeeded in evolving anyway, more like wired to think fast, only downside to it is that i don't get to give the best possible answer then angry compared to what comes to mind when having a re-think....

As for No7, my mates are holding a birthday celebration right now on the ground floor but yours truly is here responding to this post grin grin.....

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 7:18pm On Nov 02, 2017
GloryIsaac:
@DonOms

Thanks for this piece....

Every point there applies to me, esp No6... I've succeeded in evolving anyway, more like wired to think fast, only downside to it is that i don't get to give the best possible answer then angry compared to what comes to mind when having a re-think....

You're welcome. You're very right about point 6. Some of the extroverts around me never liked my long pauses (especially on the phone) before responding to a question. So if I perceive I can't give a well-thought answer quickly, I'd usually just say things like "I don't know or I'm not sure." Even though they won't like that answer, it saves me from saying something I can't stand behind grin.

As for No7, my mates are holding a birthday celebration right now on the ground floor but yours truly is here responding to this post grin grin.....

Ah! You better go and collect your take-away pack..lol. That's the introvert life, we don't see as 'gain' what extroverts think we're missing on.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 7:42pm On Nov 02, 2017
Sometimes,I question my introverted nature. lipsrsealed Thanks for the piece@ DonOms. I can relate with the long pause on phone. sad
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 7:46pm On Nov 02, 2017
gidjah:
Grt o! We tnk god,eku ojo meta, sannu pupo pupo.what you benn up to lately?i haven't forgotten our birthday, nxt year o,
@ gidjah,Ijo kan pelu. Good to know you remember you owe me. Preparations are in top gear for the birthday parry cheesy. All introverts on this thread must attend grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Wane2: 7:46pm On Nov 02, 2017
Help me out guys when someone hails me what is the best reply? Cause sometimes people hail me and I just look at them awkwardly. So what should be my reply when someone hails me?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 7:50pm On Nov 02, 2017
Wane2:
Help me out guys when someone hails me what is the best reply? Cause sometimes people hail me and I just look at them awkwardly. So what should be my reply when someone hails me?
Biko,hail them back!!!

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Wane2: 7:52pm On Nov 02, 2017
Melsan:
Biko,hail them back!!!
That's my problem I can't just find the words to reply them with
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 7:53pm On Nov 02, 2017
Melsan:
Sometimes,I question my introverted nature. lipsrsealed Thanks for the piece@ DonOms. I can relate with the long pause on phone. sad

You're welcome smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 7:59pm On Nov 02, 2017
Wane2:

As Melsan told you, "hail them back." Fine we are introverts, but it's not like we can't talk now...haba...
If some guy shouts out to you saying, "how far Wane2?" Just simply say to them, "Baba, I dey kampe o. How every?"
And if you don't feel like having a conversation, then don't ask any questions and simply say, "Baba, I dey o. I appreciate. Enjoy."

Now that's simple as A.B.C. grin and even the most introverted human can pull that off.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 7:59pm On Nov 02, 2017
Wane2:
This is serious..Mek sabi introverts chook mouth cos this one pass me oo. Cc:DonOms,gidjah,GloryIsaac,Olanrewajub.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 8:01pm On Nov 02, 2017
DonOms:

As Melsan told you, "hail them back." Fine we are introverts, but it's not like we can't talk now...haba...
If some guy shouts out to you saying, "how far Wane2?" Just simply say to them, "Baba, I dey kampe o. How every?"
And if you don't feel like having a conversation, then don't ask any questions and simply say, "Baba, I dey o. I appreciate. Enjoy."

Now that's simple as A.B.C. grin and even the most introverted human can pull that off.
Exactly! Thanks.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Wane2: 8:05pm On Nov 02, 2017
DonOms:

I'll try that but it feels unnecessary to me to hail them back
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Wane2: 8:07pm On Nov 02, 2017
There are certain scenarios where it's hard for me to reply to people
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 8:13pm On Nov 02, 2017
Wane2:
I'll try that but it feels unnecessary to me to hail them back

A lot of things feel unnecessary to us but we do them anyway because they are right and polite.

Wane2:
There are certain scenarios where it's hard for me to reply to people

Mention one of such.

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.